• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

Whelp, my sub ended today and I didn't renew. Outside of a few people in the FC I was in, I really won't miss the community on my server (Siren). Maybe I'll look around sometime next year and see what's new. Continue to have fun folks, over and out.

Apoptomon

How does Parley work exactly? Unlocked the game and won on my first try, but then lost two straight times

Basically, each icon on the grid is worth points, and the aim is to amass the most points, shown by the meter (you need more than half of the points meter in your favour in order to win). If there's more of the same icon in the same row or column as the icon you choose, the points are added and those grid squares are repopulated. No idea about the abilities though.

IvorB

This spreadsheet could be useful for another reason. The other FCs of any notable size on this server coordinate their Hunters so that people patrol parts of each zone to watch for spawns. Hunters who are online in the LS can sign up to patrol a certain part of a zone, with bigger zones like Coerthas, Central Shroud, and Southern Thanalan divided into areas covered by multiple Hunters. That way GAF can be everywhere at all times watching for pops, when one is spotted the mark can be called in the LS, everyone hunting ports in, we'll kill it, and resume our patrols. As people leave and arrive, they simply add and remove their names from the spreadsheet at an available not covered zone.

We have over 500+ people in this FC, there is no reason why we couldn't dominate and control the Hunts on Ultros if we could organize like the smaller but still large FCs like NA and CL. The server already hates us, we could really make them mad if we wanted to.

Now you're talking my language. You have my staff, Uknown Soldier. We have the rep for hogging hunts but none of the benefits. NA is getting organised by all accounts AND swearing their members to secrecy. If you want to launch this enterprise I will join you.

Lanrutcon

Now you're talking my language. You have my staff, Uknown Soldier. We have the rep for hogging hunts but none of the benefits. NA is getting organised by all accounts AND swearing their members to secrecy. If you want to launch this enterprise I will join you.

Just to get this straight: strangers think you're assholes, so you want to become assholes?

IMBored

My experience with hunts was actually pretty positive yesterday. I wasn't looking for them, just doing dailies and whatnot, for there where shouts for even B ranks going on and I got to three without they being facepulled. I didn't get full marks because I wasn't in a party, but even still 15 seals for not much work is great.

It was all going well until K'tai stole my uat. I'll find you, I will.
Back to farming ST in full control sb gear.

BadRNG

Just to get this straight: strangers think you're assholes, so you want to become assholes?
Something like that?

We used to actually call out in shout/other channels when hunts were up, we'd set a time and wait. People continuously pulled without us, continued to curse us, announce fake coordinates and then say GAF already killed it when people showed up. It's gotten pretty ridiculous, and frankly at this point I say fuck em. We still wait if it's a hunt other people have found, but lot of the time we don't announce anymore because it's not worth the drama that inevitably ensues.

Lanrutcon

Something like that?

We used to actually call out in shout/other channels when hunts were up, we'd set a time and wait. People continuously pulled without us, continued to curse us, announce fake coordinates and then say GAF already killed it when people showed up. It's gotten pretty ridiculous, and frankly at this point I say fuck em. We still wait if it's a hunt other people have found, but lot of the time we don't announce anymore because it's not worth the drama that inevitably ensues.

Sounds pretty harsh. Are you guys a mega FC or something to inspire all that hate?

MogCakes

Sounds pretty harsh. Are you guys a mega FC or something to inspire all that hate?
GAF is the largest and most powerful fc in Ultros and it has haters from every part of the server because of it. I'm surprised it took longer for them to gather and start griefing. More than anything the power hungry fc's want to topple GAF's economic influence and assets now that frontlines is out IMO.

GAF is the largest and most powerful fc in Ultros and it has haters from every part of the server because of it. I'm surprised it took longer for them to gather and start griefing. More than anything the power hungry fc's want to topple GAF's economic influence and assets now that frontlines is out IMO.

That's reading a bit too much into it... People just want their seals and like having a scapegoat when they miss out on some.

IvorB

I don't care what strangers think of me. I look to gain the best advantage in the situation. BUT for those that do worry about what strangers think about them they can cast those worries aside since everyone thinks the worst of them anyway. There is nothing more for them to lose reputation-wise so they can embrace the full douche-baggery and come to the dark side. You understand? :)

Hasney

Has Frontlines really got anything to do with it? I mean, as an FC, we're spread around all the GCs and we're not really jumping in as a group. At least from what I've seen.

MogCakes

Has Frontlines really got anything to do with it? I mean, as an FC, we're spread around all the GCs and we're not really jumping in as a group. At least from what I've seen.
It's more about bragging rights and the feeling of control and being top dog. Frontlines is pvp so it adds to the competitive nature of players even if it's GC based. That's just my take on it though.

Reknoc

gaf is an easy target because people in shout chat will note what it is backwards and feel like the supreme master of wit

IMBored

Seems like a waste to me. Why sink to their level?

We need to be the villain they deserve, not the one they need. Jk, I really don't care about what other people say about gaf fc, I like it so everyone else can just leave for other servers for all I care.

That said, I would like an FC frontlines option. The only game I played of it was pretty fun. Make it happen Yoshi-san.

Koriandrr

Any of you guys on Phoenix? :)

Also, I just came back from a 3 months break. I left the game at T9. Anything I need to know about the new patch apart from the reddit guide?

I'm thinking of trying out frontlines. Is it fun for tanks or should I play some other class for it?

Speaking of drama btw, when I left my raid group, they had a replacement tank, wouldn't leave them without one. A week later he needs to leave because his wife is bitching, next week there's a new tank, a week later he needs to quit because his wife lost the baby, next week new tank - then he disappears off to nowhere, comes back 2 weeks later - his brother was in a car crash. I almost feel like I cursed my tank spot in the raid group.

dcye

I'm not I'm Dango anymore, but I was when Madchad was haha. Pug Lyfe! Was in his Ramuh groups the last few days :)

dcye

You in EX now then? Like my buddy kessijiggiiggii (I can't really spell his name) - awesome Lalafellow. We, master race, know each other.

I wish! Too many BRD's in there for me to get in. Wolfrun is king. A God amongst men. I miss his sweet sweet voice.

I'm in a small 10 person FC/raid-group atm. Serenity.

IMBored

When 2.8 hits and we get our houses we'll be released from the tyranny of drama. Or, more correctly, I'll be letting drama use my garden for research.

IMBored

300k For personal room. 3million for your own house i bet

My retainers have half that so I should be good when the time comes. Plus, It'll be easy to recoup by selling furniture.

However, I think the personal houses will be auction based like the fc ones, in that case I'm screwed. Drama-sensei buy me a house and you can use the garden forever.

DrDamn

Hi guys. Just a couple of questions, I've been considering trying out FF14 but am a little unsure about making the leap!

1) How's the game on PS3, or should I wait until I get a PS4 in a year or so? Work okay on wifi?
2) Is it playable at all in 1-2 hour bursts, or do you really need bigger segments of time?

Thanks in advance!

Grab a cheap PS3 copy and try the 30 day trial - if you enjoy then stick around. Bear in mind the free upgrade to PS4 runs out at the end of the year I think. In the UK PS3 copies can be had for as little as £5.

Depending on your expectations it can very much be played in small doses. I tend to only get 1-2 hours 3 or 4 times a week and I've had great fun playing my trial period (PS4).

I would say I tried the beta on PS3 ages ago and simply found it too cluttered and busy busy for that resolution. When I retried the PS4 I was hooked. I probably didn't give the PS3 version enough of a chance mind.

orion434

I have been saving my Battlecraft Demimateria III because I wanted to craft a Spine of the Vortex Bow for myself, but holy crap! The price gouging is insane on the Augmented Armors... 5 million?! This is how much it would cost to make Augmented Saurian Tabard of Aiming if I bought EVERYTHING off the Market Board:

4x Saurian Skin - 160K
4x HQ Shroud Tea Leaves - 20K
3x Tawny Latex - 50K
1x HQ Hippogryph Leather - 5K
1x HQ Darksteel Rings - 5K
1x HQ Rose Gold Nugget - 5K
1x Battlecraft Demimateria III - 400K
10x Battlecraft Demimateria II - 200K ( I can make these for much cheaper )

It doesn't even add up to 1 million... I sold a couple on the MB for 2 million, when the Battlecraft III were not as common.

If you want Augmented Armor, bring me the mats and I'll make it for you, just give a nice tip :)

hank_tree

So...when do you guys think the first expansion will hit? I know the Ninja patch is probably going to be huge, but just out of curiosity. Also when are we going to be able to duty find as an alliance?

We know that the third and final part of CT is coming in 2.5 and that the current patch (2.3) was the "halfway point" of the story before the expansion. So likely 2.5 or 2.6 will be the last big patch before the expansion.

If they keep to schedule then the releases for the next patches should be:

2.4 - October 2014
2.5 - January 2015
2.6?- April 2015

So probably April 2015 at the earliest anyways.

Semper88

2.3 is a slap in the face for the people that grinded animus before it hit.. like me haha.

Hunts are broken, myth is trown at you and sands / oils are easy to get now. This patch made stuff alot easyer to obtain.

Another Phoenix player here.

Koriandrr

2.3 is a slap in the face for the people that grinded animus before it hit.. like me haha.

Hunts are broken, myth is trown at you and sands / oils are easy to get now. This patch made stuff alot easyer to obtain.

Another Phoenix player here.

Yay phoenix.

Yeah, when I came back to the game, first thing I noticed is this dude which is kinda known for being SUPER BAD having like craploads of sands, I was like......wtf how did this happen???

It IS easy but for people with a lot of free time. I have a full time job and an actual life, so that kinda makes me feel a little bit left out. I thought it wasn't that kind of a mmo :D

Semper88

It IS easy but for people with a lot of free time. I have a full time job and an actual life, so that kinda makes me feel a little bit left out. I thought it wasn't that kind of a mmo :D

Same here, i gotta admit i don't play that much anymore just 2-3 times a week for 2 hours to do some second coil.

IvorB

Soooo... I just got an email about a Final Fantasy FANfest in London coming up which is where I happen to live. I was thinking that I might mosey down and check it out until I saw the price. Can anyone tell me why attending this thing is worth 65 quid (not really into cosplay)?

Reknoc

Soooo... I just got an email about a Final Fantasy FANfest in London coming up which is where I happen to live. I was thinking that I might mosey down and check it out until I saw the price. Can anyone tell me why attending this thing is worth 65 quid (not really into cosplay)?

Yea just checked the e-mail myself, bit pricey. Might still go, can't afford the tickets until they go on sale proper anyway.

creid

Being a 99%er when it comes to hunts sucks. I (correctly) recognized that Garlok was ready to spawn, so I started poking around Aleport while trying to recruit a bard to help. A few minutes later the hunt LS leader says sorry, Garlok just died 5 minutes ago.

"Why didn't you post about it in your own linkshell?"
"I wasn't gonna get there on time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom