• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know yields yet but unless they are absolutely insanely high, this is going to suck majorly. How do you decide who gets to use the item in a large FC? Especially if they go as fast as one an hour. Making the level cap increase vegetable from gardening is fine, not many people have level 10 chocobos and the demand will be slow/low, enough time to grow enough for most people over long enough time. But even the basic ones?

This would make more sense if we actually had the personal housing and could have our own gardens, hell even a miniature garden in our private rooms would of been alright, but since they are taking their sweet time on that front this seems poorly designed.

Maybe we can do indoor gardening? Otherwise you bring up a fine point. Hopefully FC's can come to some sort of agreement. Of course this is the same company that gave us CT long after it should have been released.

you can explain every dungeon boss in a sentence or two. it never bothers me when new people show up. i doesn't make a difference. low damage on the other hand is the bane.

you can explain every dungeon boss in a sentence or two. it never bothers me when new people show up. i doesn't make a difference. low damage on the other hand is the bane.

To be fair, we hardly need to worry about mechanics since these dungeons are tuned for such a low item level.

I have no idea how important it is for a Paladin to get Stoneskin, but getting CNJ to 15 is easy.

ain't about that. got a crapload of disciple of war gear that I have yet to use and no disciple of magic gear. Gonna make full spiritbonding and materia converting everything a real pain in the ass

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Tanked Toto Rak a few times tonight to get a feel for it. Got the hang of it now, and I actually remember the route without getting lost or missing magitek cells, so was pleased with that. My tanking on the end boss is still a bit sloppy. I can kite the thing away from the crap on the ground, and scoop up the adds, but I get the impression everyone ignores the tale nowadays. Still, fun times, and only a couple levels till 30 and becoming a WAR. =)

Ken

iDvuJgRIGlKAj.png

tsk tsk

plake

I have no idea how important it is for a Paladin to get Stoneskin, but getting CNJ to 15 is easy.

Not needed at all. Let the healer worry about that. There are more important sub skills to focus on.
If you're soloing I prefer protect anyway.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
ain't about that. got a crapload of disciple of war gear that I have yet to use and no disciple of magic gear. Gonna make full spiritbonding and materia converting everything a real pain in the ass

Level to 15 naked. It's what all the cool people do. Protect is all the armor you'll need.

IMBored

I'd like to thank the random FC chatter that tipped me off to making and selling sailor shirts. I didn't even know what the mariner's cloth was for, and even tha's expensive on the market, but I had 2 already, made a NQ sailor shirt and sold it for 70K.
That feeling when you realize you sold it to a FC member though...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I have to explain boss mechanics to other players in Japanese.

People who complain about having to explain mechanics in English to new people have nothing to complain about.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Chocobo Raising sounds interesting, wonder why they put the new level cap at 20 though.
Maybe they're saving that for chocobo breeding. Something like if you breed 2 lv 20's there's a 1% chance the egg will hatch with a lv 30 cap.

WolvenOne

I have to explain boss mechanics to other players in Japanese.

People who complain about having to explain mechanics in English to new people have nothing to complain about.

Explaining dungeon boss mechanics is useually not a big deal, I would agree with this statement.

Trial mechanics on the other hand, well some of them aren't too bad, but in general id advocate doing some solo research before running in to do those.

It's not strictly necessary of course, more its just a good idea.

BadRNG

Maybe we can do indoor gardening? Otherwise you bring up a fine point. Hopefully FC's can come to some sort of agreement. Of course this is the same company that gave us CT long after it should have been released.
It would be pretty great if we could have indoor gardening for our personal rooms, even if it was a much smaller plot size it'd be a huge boon, but I think they'd of mentioned it by now if that were the case. Can only hope if not that chocofeed seeds not only take less time to develop but also yield much more than usual gardening plants in this game. It will be impossible to provide for a large FC like GAF otherwise.

I'd say it is important if you plan on doing endgame raid stuff, it is a pretty amazing skill that too many people underestimate, but it's not a requirement like Provoke for WAR or swiftcast for every one who can cross class it.

Chocobo Raising sounds interesting, wonder why they put the new level cap at 20 though.

Or they just don't want any single Chocobo ever getting too OP?
I just woke up but if my napkin math is correct then, following the current rate at which SP are gained based on choco level, you will be able to max chocobo's skills in all three categories by the time you reach 20. This jibes with what they said before about you being able to get all three sets of bardings with raising I think.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Gardening is necessary for Chocobo Raising?
Well hell.

And private chambers don't come with a garden so =\
Square Enix are jerks.

I just woke up but if my napkin math is correct then, following the current rate at which SP are gained based on choco level, you will be able to max chocobo's skills in all three categories by the time you reach 20. This jibes with what they said before about you being able to get all three sets of bardings with raising I think.

That's correct, 10 skills take 55 points in total, but if every rank from 11 to 20 grants the respective amount of points, it's gonna be 155 points which is more than enough for 2 more skill sets.

orion434

20/20 HQ Silver Soverign! Got my Forager's Fishing Pole, and all DoH / DoL trade-in ilv 70 equipment :)

I started off really well, in the 1st evening I got 5/6 HQ! Just 1 MOAR! Then I hit a massive dry-spell... 16 NQ in a row! I could have sworn on the last one I had the animation for HQ... so angry! Then finally #20.

Overall I had 20/66 HQ, which is still ~ 30%, glad this is finally over!

draw4wild

So with chocobo raising coming, can we finally respec?

And I'm very curious what the exp gains will be, they have to make it enough to be worthwhile while at the same time not trivialize it. They definitely needed an alternate way to get xp besides 200xp/mob and the challenge log once a week.

Is this the first time that SE is straight up locking out someone from a feature if they're not in a FC?

IMBored

So with chocobo raising coming, can we finally respec?

And I'm very curious what the exp gains will be, they have to make it enough to be worthwhile while at the same time not trivialize it. They definitely needed an alternate way to get xp besides 200xp/mob and the challenge log once a week.

Is this the first time that SE is straight up locking out someone from a feature if they're not in a FC?

There's always the Market board. Drama's going to be rich(er).

orion434

With Chocobo raising, can anyone in the FC train my Chocobo or is it owner only? Having it tied to the Garden is a bummer... I'm almost at Rank 10 Healer, bet those Onions are going to cost a fortune!

dramatis

We don't know yields yet but unless they are absolutely insanely high, this is going to suck majorly. How do you decide who gets to use the item in a large FC? Especially if they go as fast as one an hour. Making the level cap increase vegetable from gardening is fine, not many people have level 10 chocobos and the demand will be slow/low, enough time to grow enough for most people over long enough time. But even the basic ones?

This would make more sense if we actually had the personal housing and could have our own gardens, hell even a miniature garden in our private rooms would of been alright, but since they are taking their sweet time on that front this seems poorly designed.

Watch those plants yield exactly one veggie or fruit.
Shit.

Everything valuable I grow other than maybe Prickly Pineapples goes into the company chest.

draw4wild

I think that's a huge problem tho. As a player, I'm more interested in having a rank 20 chocobo than being in full High Allagan. To think I'm forced to pay whatever market board prices are for an onion with no option to garden for them myself is a little cause for worry.

Isaccard

Watch those plants yield exactly one veggie or fruit.

I'll have a stealth alt join NA and get all that shit free

IMBored

Everything valuable I grow other than maybe Prickly Pineapples goes into the company chest.

You need to give us a little taste of the product to get us hooked, then withhold the good stuff until people start delivering with the soil and seeds.

I'll have a stealth alt join NA and get all that shit free

Na gives daily prices of choco drugs for each member recruited.

I think that's a huge problem tho. As a player, I'm more interested in having a rank 20 chocobo than being in full High Allagan. To think I'm forced to pay whatever market board prices are for an onion with no option to garden for them myself is a little cause for worry.

Actually, you have to be in a FC to even train your chocobos, as it is done in a FC chocobo stable. So you'll need to either create a FC or join one.

Also, I need to make a magicked broom so I can be a stable boy.

aceface

Looks like maintenence for the new patch is going to be July 7th-8th 8:00pm - 4:00am PDT. Not as bad as I was thinking, should still be able to get some stuff done that night.

orion434

Looks like maintenence for the new patch is going to be July 7th-8th 8:00pm - 4:00am PDT. Not as bad as I was thinking, should still be able to get some stuff done that night.

This is perfect time for me EST, I'll be sure to wake up 2 hours early just in case it goes back up early, going to try to be the first with 300% Desynthesis. lol

For what it's worth, Coil 1-5 also drops i90 gear but some pieces are better for summoner than the mythology items. Given equal item level, the item with determination (or critical hit rate) that DOESN'T have spell speed is flat out an upgrade for a summoner. As long as you meet the required minimum item level, you are fine to go into Coil 1-5. Just keep in mind they are a lot tougher encounters than things like CT. It might be helpful to read a guide or watch a video so you know what you're doing, especially since your gear level will be lower than most others.

I recently worked on getting summoner geared up as I intended to switch from bard to summoner, so here's a list I had made of interesting items worth picking up:

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/MZPT

Nothing from Second Coil, just Coil 1-4, soldiery, and myth stuff, but getting these items will boost your damage up pretty nicely.

Note: I listed the saurian gloves there. They're crafted and slightly expensive but they're not overmelded so not TOO expensive.

Thank you for this awesome post!

dramatis

I notice Killthee forgot to copy the most important part of the Chocobo Raising post, which is that the chocobo stables will have to be kept clean.

Dragoons, time to put all that lance-wielding experience into wielding mops and brooms.

Zalasta

Speaking of which, does the FC make crafting materials that seem to be obtainable only through gardening available for people to use? Is there some kind of request process? I ask as a completionist who like to have a check mark besides each craftable item, not looking to profit so I am happy to return to the FC anything I craft using the rare materials FC supplies.

Frazley

Speaking of which, does the FC make crafting materials that seem to be obtainable only through gardening available for people to use? Is there some kind of request process? I ask as a completionist who like to have a check mark besides each craftable item, not looking to profit so I am happy to return to the FC anything I craft using the rare materials FC supplies.
Same question. If answer is no, I will garden in my house when we can buy homes.

dramatis

Same question. If answer is no, I will garden in my house when we can buy homes.
If you usually want an certain product that requires a gardening-produced item that is actually in stock in the company chest, it's possible to just contact me and I'll ask for a fairly reasonable company donation (gil straight in company chest) and then just hand over the item. It's stupendously profitable for the person who receives the items really because I don't control whether or not that player chooses to put the crafted product on the market.

The only problems with handing stuff over to people who want to craft XYZ just for "completionists' sake" is that I try to exchange with people who honestly want the actual item they are going to craft. That shit takes a damn week to grow. It took months of experimentation to get to the current grove of consistent planting right now. I hope that the person who wants those materials actually wants the item.

With chocobo farming coming up I cannot continue growing the current batches of interbreeds designed to continuously farm the crafting materials, since the FC has lots of members and we'll probably have to farm Thavnarian Onion until the end of Eorzea. So the stock of crafting mats from gardening will deplete.

We do have a bucketload of Azeyma Rose in the damn chest though.

I'll never understand these patch hours. Right in the time people with jobs get to play. In a game that requires a monthly sub. Yeah, let's piss off the people with money to actually pay the sub instead of the people at home on a weekday at noon.

Really interested to see how the Chocobo breeding will turn out.

Ark

I'll never understand these patch hours. Right in the time people with jobs get to play. In a game that requires a monthly sub. Yeah, let's piss off the people with money to actually pay the sub instead of the people at home on a weekday at noon.

Thing is, those people doing the patching are also working jobs, and have lives.

IMBored

Thing is, those people doing the patching are also working jobs, and have lives.

Not to mention, believe it or not, it's global maintenance and not everyone works at NA times.
I'm actually thinking of taking the afternoon off for this. We need to schedule a CT run before people know the fights.

BLCKATK

Usually the game is down all day on the previous day, so they're getting better at implementing the patches. Maybe in the future they'll be able to implement the even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom