• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand people needing more content, I mean there is crafting and gathering but both are also becoming bigger and bigger grinds sadly...><

Ken

If they wanted to keep people playing, they had to add grind content. Once people were done with their weekly content, there was no incentive to keep people playing the game if they were not interested in other classes or jobs.

The first trio of Extreme Mode primals was good content, IMO. It was challenging enough that people actually had to dedicate hours to it, the loot was worthwhile, and it was fun. Would much rather have more trial/arena fights like those than open world zergfests, but that's personal preference as far as what would incentivize me to keep playing between Coil patches.

I mean, I've spent more hours on GW2 karma trains in Orr than any sane person should, and in the end it left me feeling unfulfilled even though I had gear to show for it.

Sophia

Maybe it's because I've had two static groups and been burned twice because of them, but I really like how all of Patch 2.3's content was non-coil related. I'd like to see more content like that over more vertical progression whenever possible.

klee123

Got my UAT last night and got the Rosenbogen. Finally I can get stop using the relic. (Relic questline is for PLD)

Now the only thing I need is to get Amon's Pants from CT2 to get my ACC back up.

Maybe it's because I've had two static groups and been burned twice because of them, but I really like how all of Patch 2.3's content was non-coil related. I'd like to see more content like that over more vertical progression whenever possible.

For me it's a god send, since I doubt I'll ever be accepted into any static.

Noi

Thirding how Hunts are keeping me playing day to day versus just logging in for weekly stuff. Despite the iffy stuff, I've met and talk to a lot more people in-game now than I ever did before. I dunno if things are still the same on Ultros, but the HP buff did a lot to calm people down on Hyperion re: early pulls. Hunts are net positive to me.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm damn tired of weekly restrictions on every new piece of content.

Ken

Technically there's Savage Coil in 2.3 :p

Just completed Leviathan Hard without really understanding the mechanics at all.

Head is for magic damage only? And tail for physical? But the HP is tied overall...?
What's the button in the middle for?
How do you know, when he goes underwater, if he is going to jump across the middle or slam a slide of the boat causing players to move to that side? It looks the same.

Jayhawk

Thirding how Hunts are keeping me playing day to day versus just logging in for weekly stuff. Despite the iffy stuff, I've met and talk to a lot more people in-game now than I ever did before. I dunno if things are still the same on Ultros, but the HP buff did a lot to calm people down on Hyperion re: early pulls. Hunts are net positive to me.

People on Ultros seemed to be a lot more patient last night until the crowds got too large so that the monster would disappear and not render, causing people to panic and inch closer to the mob and draw aggro.

EDIT: I am in the same boat as Sophia in terms of having to deal with the failure of two static groups: one on Hyperion and one after I transferred to Ultros. I welcome content I can do without having to rely on the same seven people.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The first trio of Extreme Mode primals was good content, IMO. It was challenging enough that people actually had to dedicate hours to it, the loot was worthwhile, and it was fun. Would much rather have more trial/arena fights like those than open world zergfests, but that's personal preference as far as what would incentivize me to keep playing between Coil patches.

I mean, I've spent more hours on GW2 karma trains in Orr than any sane person should, and in the end it left me feeling unfulfilled even though I had gear to show for it.

Yeah, I would rather have more mechanics-driven content as well. Which is why I like the new CT and Ramuh fights quite a bit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
People on Ultros seemed to be a lot more patient last night until the crowds got too large so that the monster would disappear and not render, causing people to panic and inch closer to the mob and draw aggro.

EDIT: I am in the same boat as Sophia in terms of having to deal with the failure of two static groups: one on Hyperion and one after I transferred to Ultros. I welcome content I can do without having to rely on the same seven people.

How to keep a static together: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...uWU19SZHIKfNaHVJUz1Qnw/preview?pli=1&sle=true

klee123

I can get into any static I want. Skills never an issue. I'm just fed up with people.

Skill is not an issue for me either. The biggest issue for me is scheduling.

I'm pretty much on when everyone's asleep, since I don't live in the US.

I temporarily got into a static back then during the coil 1 only days and the group pretty much disbanded after a few weeks because the majority of the members had scheduling issues with work and rl circumstances.

In a sense, pf was an absolute godsend for me when it was introduced

Just completed Leviathan Hard without really understanding the mechanics at all.

Head is for magic damage only? And tail for physical? But the HP is tied overall...?
What's the button in the middle for?
How do you know, when he goes underwater, if he is going to jump across the middle or slam a slide of the boat causing players to move to that side? It looks the same.

the button is for the shield after the gyre spume mechanics. the thing in the middle is what creates it i think.

i had to set my camera speed to high for this battle. what i do is listen for sounds and swing my camera around lol
also i think after every 2nd or 3rd dive he body slams the boat. i haven't done the fight in awhile lately because most farm parties i've joined and enter the trial i get greeted with a message that reads "one or more party members haven't cleared this yet, a 100 myth bonus will be awarded after completing this"

sigh

start, right, down,X,up, up.right,X, left, X,

server randies trying to waste my time. lol fuck outta here, b....

Ixian

If they wanted to keep people playing, they had to add grind content. Once people were done with their weekly content, there was no incentive to keep people playing the game if they were not interested in other classes or jobs.
Yeah, I think it was more this and less them wanting to appeal to FFXI people (and as someone who camped HNMs in FFXI, I think hunts in FFXIV are lame). Hunts, atma grind, the books, etc. are all stupidly cheap content (in terms of development cost) and have easy knobs to tune for when they want to lessen the grind later on. It's like Olive Garden bringing you bowls of breadsticks while you wait for the food you actually want (yeah yeah I know Olive Garden).

What's with this stigma? Is there a server group where Flames are just awful?

I don't really know. I've played 27 sessions of Frontlines and the Flames have gotten 1st, 2nd and 3rd nine times each. Just depends on how coordinated any given team is. If anything, I usually see Adders at the bottom.

Mature

Might actually give Frontlines a shot this weekend.

What's the best class for it?
I wouldn't really say there's a "best class". Each party needs to be a bit rounded to be effective. No matter what you end up playing just make sure to utilize your PVP specific skills.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I wouldn't really say there's a "best class". Each party needs to be a bit rounded to be effective. No matter what you end up playing just make sure to utilize your PVP specific skills.

Nothing like sleeping 10 guys around a post and then limit breaking their ass :D! BLM love.

Taruranto

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you, the hardest fight of Ragnarok History:

siqrOKh.jpg

o9DQpj0.jpg

MVxmP8k.jpg

klee123

Ok, looking forward to it!

Need to start with the Chocobo training as well.

Mrg8523-

I reactivated my account since about a month after release. So many things seem different. Are Fates still the best way to level secondary classes? I'm currently a level 50 White Mage in Artifact gear and Ifrit weapon but I want to level a Pugilist/Monk.

Ken

Incoming a few weeks of books.

If by books you mean bows then ok.

I reactivated my account since about a month after release. So many things seem different. Are Fates still the best way to level secondary classes? I'm currently a level 50 White Mage in Artifact gear and Ifrit weapon but I want to level a Pugilist/Monk.

For best leveling exp:
Low level roulette (daily) > Dungeons > Battle leves > Hunting and challenge logs > Sitting in the house > Fates

I noticed that a lot of players as of late have been complaining about shard prices, I guess SE's work toward the bots has helped. Anywho, you guys should really be doing maps still, most of the maps I do award at least 100 shards, sometimes even more than that. Unless you craft 8 hours a day, that tends to add up everyday

klee123

For best leveling exp:
Low level roulette (daily) > Dungeons > Battle leves > Hunting and challenge logs > Sitting in the house > Fates

lol, so true

I noticed that a lot of players as of late have been complaining about shard prices, I guess SE's work toward the bots has helped. Anywho, you guys should really be doing maps still, most of the maps I do award at least 100 shards, sometimes even more than that. Unless you craft 8 hours a day, that tends to add up everyday

What I've been doing is just killing the Elementals in various locations. Like say lately when I'm hunting I just kill a few of them whilst looking for any potential hunts. I recommend Moraby Drydocks for lightning shards.

supergiz

I'm tired of people with Animus or higher weapons in mog hard mode lotting on the weapons when they don't need them. They are just being spiteful. Thinking of just waiting them out on the timer. If they really do in fact need they will have no problem waiting to get it.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I'm tired of people with Animus or higher weapons in mog hard mode lotting on the weapons when they don't need them. They are just being spiteful. Thinking of just waiting them out on the timer. If they really do in fact need they will have no problem waiting to get it.

I'm not sure this is going to achieve anything but annoying people.

Ken

If they did their part in the fight I don't see why they aren't allowed to roll on drops.

Teknoman

Glamour items?

Ken

Glamour items?

How dare they.

That reminds me of the time I lost HA Boots of Aiming to a pug and they ended up using it as glamour for their crafted boots. I was a little upset (though more because they won both bard drops) but fair is fair.

so apparently, i can't download this game on steam because it is not supported in Korea.

what are my options folks? (i would want to connect to NA server)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom