• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of people with Animus or higher weapons in mog hard mode lotting on the weapons when they don't need them. They are just being spiteful. Thinking of just waiting them out on the timer. If they really do in fact need they will have no problem waiting to get it.

You can desynth those weapon for goodies. Plus they look nice.

draw4wild

I'm tired of people with Animus or higher weapons in mog hard mode lotting on the weapons when they don't need them. They are just being spiteful. Thinking of just waiting them out on the timer. If they really do in fact need they will have no problem waiting to get it.

I wouldn't say this is being spiteful, they're needed to desynth to make the i95 weapons which imo are some of the best glamours in the game, especially mog. And considering the glamour chestpiece for hunts costs 1000 marks, glamour is serious business

dramatis

I wouldn't say this is being spiteful, they're needed to desynth to make the i95 weapons which imo are some of the best glamours in the game, especially mog.
He knows that, the reason he's mad is because he's one of them, and he would rather it all go into his own pocket.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Judgemental Raubahn is Judgemental

J0JeBHX.png

I saw the FFXIV Eorzea Collection Magazine. It's..... yeah.

iammeiam

Went to some S rank in Outer La Noscea. It was a lot like going insane--giant, scary monster popping our of existence just as soon as you've got it in focus, hoardes of people moving in unpredictable, unnatural ways, then dispersing for no apparent reason.

5 whole seals for the experience. 149 more times like that, and I can cash in on my welfare.

supergiz

I wouldn't say this is being spiteful, they're needed to desynth to make the i95 weapons which imo are some of the best glamours in the game, especially mog. And considering the glamour chestpiece for hunts costs 1000 marks, glamour is serious business

Maybe you meant ilvl 75 weapons. You can't desynth the ilvl 95 weapons. Just checked.

i farm a bit when i go for maps. but it's really hard doing this for more than 15 min. at least for me.

I usually do enough that I use the shard +2 yield on the +2 node twice. It's really not that big of a headache if you do it while queuing for a dungeon but than again you'd have to be a dps to be able to wait on a queue

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I did Cape Westwind today as WAR, and was wondering what I can do to really crank up the aggro when picking up adds as off tank. When the two guys spawned, one of the healers had a ton of aggro built up on them. Even doing provoke into a Butcher's Block combo wasn't enough to get them stuck to me. Should a tomahawk > overpower > flash be enough to grab adds usually in 8-mans, or do I have to go about things differently in these circumstances compared to 4-man?

Ken

I did Cape Westwind today as WAR, and was wondering what I can do to really crank up the aggro when picking up adds as off tank. When the two guys spawned, one of the healers had a ton of aggro built up on them. Even doing provoke into a Butcher's Block combo wasn't enough to get them stuck to me. Should a tomahawk > overpower > flash be enough to grab adds usually in 8-mans, or do I have to go about things differently in these circumstances compared to 4-man?

Do you know how Provoke works?
Did you have Defiance on?
Do you know what the healer was doing?
How fast were you to engage the adds when they spawned?

Pretty hard to say one way or the other, but for 2 adds I'd probably throw out one or two Tomahawks depending on distance and Overpower once or twice before going into combo. If a healer is going Medica/Medica II/Regen crazy, wait for the mob to go after them, build up to the third step of your combo, and Provoke + finish the combo off on the loose add. The most important thing though is to watch the enmity bars and adjust accordingly.

If you know the timings you could also do Steel Cyclone, or double Steel Cyclone even, on their spawn.

There might also be a gear disparity between you and the healer, although proper Provoke + follow up usually takes care of that.

As for using Flash on WAR, it's nice to have especially since you can spam it during Pacification, when low on TP, or when you can't use Overpower, but you can generally just use your GCDs on Overpower and not bother with Flash. Remember that you really want to be using your GCDs on your combos ASAP especially when it's only two adds.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
hmm. which one of tehse do you know if i can redeem on steam (besides buying on steam, cuz apparently i cannot)
I have no idea. My guess is only the Steam version will tie it to your Steam account while the rest are probably just the standalone client and the SE license key. That's how most MMO's I've come across work.

Why can't you buy it on Steam?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Do you know how Provoke works?
Did you have Defiance on?
Do you know what the healer was doing?
How fast were you to engage the adds when they spawned?

Pretty hard to say one way or the other, but for 2 adds I'd probably throw out one or two Tomahawks depending on distance and Overpower once or twice before going into combo. If a healer is going Medica/Medica II/Regen crazy, wait for the mob to go after them, build up to the third step of your combo, and Proke + finish the combo off.

If you know the timings you could also do Steel Cyclone on their spawn.

There might also be a gear disparity between you and the healer, although proper Provoke + follow up usually takes care of that.

Thanks, I may try going there again tomorrow and try that out, especially with the Steel Cyclone ready. I'm guessing the healer must have been spamming Medica a lot because I did see the big healing ring coming off him quite a bit, and he was way ahead of the other healer on the aggro table, so maybe that played a part as well.

Ken

Thanks, I may try going there again tomorrow and try that out, especially with the Steel Cyclone ready. I'm guessing the healer must have been spamming Medica a lot because I did see the big healing ring coming off him quite a bit, and he was way ahead of the other healer on the aggro table, so maybe that played a part as well.

The new adds should spawn with fresh aggro tables, but they must have spawned into two Medicas before you got to them or something.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Jesus christ.

So I just finished CT1 for the first time since rerolling. Finished it up and this was the other healers response - "You did well, but you should go do hunts for a couple days first before CT"

Again, this was CT1.

Fuck off random WHM.

I think he was just peeved because I needed *and won* the 2 pieces of healing gear that dropped. Sorry dude, but I need them more than you need glamour.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jesus christ.

So I just finished CT1 for the first time since rerolling. Finished it up and this was the other healers response - "You did well, but you should go do hunts for a couple days first before CT"

Again, this was CT1.

Fuck off random WHM.

Ugh.

A lot of these new healers have a love fest with Medica/Medica 2. Sometimes you just have to ask for them to not use it so much

Sophia

I think he was just peeved because I needed *and won* the 2 pieces of healing gear that dropped. Sorry dude, but I need them more than you need glamour.

That is definitely the real reason. Players who have a single minded obsession with getting the best items don't like it when other people get them instead. :p

Especially because you're doing Labyrinth of the Ancients, which is now seen as "dated" content.

chrono01

Jesus christ.

Again, this was CT1.

Fuck off random WHM.

Hunts are the worst thing to happen to this game, IMO.

I know some people enjoy them, so I apologize if the above words offend you. However, the fact that it's essentially killed the PVE content of many of the servers [just look at the Party Finder for evidence] makes me feel as though I wish it was never released. You wouldn't even know that there is a new Primal in the game since everyone is off doing Hunts. Well that and the way it's seemingly brought out the worst in some.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
in korea and not na
Forget what I said about it not being on sale, Gametap has it for $20. It's probably just the standalone client though, I wouldn't expect a Steam key.

If you really want a Steam key I'd try asking for help in the Steam OT. Send the funds via Paypal and get the game as a gift.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hunts are the worst thing to happen to this game, IMO.

I know some people enjoy them, so I apologize if the above words offend you. However, the fact that it's essentially killed the PVE content of many of the servers [just look at the Party Finder for evidence] makes me feel as though I wish it was never released. You wouldn't even know that there is a new Primal in the game since everyone is off doing Hunts. Well that and the way it's seemingly brought out the worst in some.

I agree. I really wanted to do Ramuh today. ;-;

Ken

Forget what I said about it not being on sale, Gametap has it for $20. It's probably just the standalone client though, I wouldn't expect a Steam key.

If you really want a Steam key I'd try asking for help in the Steam OT. Send the funds via Paypal and get the game as a gift.

If the game isn't available on Steam in his region, there's a chance the game won't even show up in his library even if he did register the Steam key. That's how it went with me and Vindictus (although that was F2P so I didn't lose any money learning about that little thing).

chrono01

I agree. I really wanted to do Ramuh today. ;-;
Same. ;_;

Maybe it will become less-popular soon [once people get their vanity items and enough Sands of Time to upgrade whatever they're interested in] and the game will normalize a bit. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Same. ;_;

Maybe it will become less-popular soon [once people get their vanity items and enough Sands of Time to upgrade whatever they're interested in] and the game will normalize a bit. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

I thought that would happen after this weekend but if anything it increased. Krael has been doing hunts for 7 hours straight as of this post, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom