• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need an intervention.

No time for interventions. Dawn breaks on a new grind.

UttacHA.jpg

dcye

Myth flows like water. I hit 50 2 weeks ago and now I'm in full Myth gear.

I geared up 6 jobs from i70-ish to i90 since the patch came out. So much myth from hunting. I don't even really need it, I only needed 1 sand and 2 oils for my BRD when hunts hit but its just too much fun during my peak play time (which is server off-peak) and a thousand times more fun than solo queueing ST.

dcye

Never happens mate. I've NEVER had the whole group come on time for the raid. Ever.

I'm an Aussie on and EU server, raids start at 5am my time and I am never, ever, late. I have no tolerance for it if it was avoidable (of course sometimes it can't be avoided and that's fine by me) but if you're late more than twice you'll probably be replaced.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
maybe someone here can answer this. If i download a PAL version of the game, can I still use it to sign on with a different region account (like NA?)
No, FFXIV is currently the only (?) game on the PS3/4 which requires you to sign in with the account it was purchased on.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Anyone going to the Fan Festival in London? Got my promo code, waiting for tickets to become available! Much excitement XD
Got my tickets this morning, despite suffering from hotel wifi blues! Can't wait. Went for standard, because I'm a cheapskate.

Now I just need to get a hotel/transport all sorted.

GAF meetup, did someone say? I'm totally up for that.

orion434

I asked this question before and I think it got buried in the Hunt discussions.

What would be the ideal melding of an HQ Spine of the Vortex Bow? These new crafts are the 1st HQ'able Blue rares and you can Penta-meld them.

Madchad

Going to have to team up for stuff at the festival anyway so mightaswell make a pheonix/neogaf team and get our "I beat XXXX" t-shirts and other stuff :D

Sadly my FC does not have a team going so ill be a tank for hire so to speak lol

Eh, if you put time in on your own to study the fight and mentally train yourself, you could probably sneak into T6-T8 kill groups in the PF and fake your way to a win. the worst that could happen is they yell at you, kick you out and blacklist you from joining their groups ever again. :>

after 2.3 the game will tell you if someone hasn't completed a trial/turn. so if you plan on sneaking in a 7/8 group needing a replacement for the week just to get a win it's not going to happen.

aceface

I managed to get on this morning and had a much better time with hunts during off-peak hours. Had a nice run of 6 or 7 A marks in a row. Unfortunately, I'm not often up this early.

So long maintenance coming up tonight and now there's one for JP too. Changes to hunts incoming?

Hasney

I managed to get on this morning and had a much better time with hunts during off-peak hours. Had a nice run of 6 or 7 A marks in a row. Unfortunately, I'm not often up this early.

So long maintenance coming up tonight and now there's one for JP too. Changes to hunts incoming?

Yeah, was great this morning. Now just some tool pulling as soon as he sees them.

iammeiam

I think the hunt nerf I'd like to see is a cap on redemptions for the oils/sands, not a cap in earnings. It'd effectively slow down the gear rush, without creating a weekly number people felt obligated to hit. And people who want to hunt for fun/vanity/whatever can still do so to their heart's content.

If they do nerf hunts, I'll be curious to see how many people still enjoy them without such hefty rewards.

Got my tickets this morning, despite suffering from hotel wifi blues! Can't wait. Went for standard, because I'm a cheapskate.

Now I just need to get a hotel/transport all sorted.

GAF meetup, did someone say? I'm totally up for that.

I'd be up for that too! I somehow managed to get VIP tickets, but I heard they sold out in under a minute :O

Jayhawk

Last night was good night for hunts with the S spawn windows being open. The tracking spreadsheet is serving its purpose in terms of narrowing down which zones to search. It was funny when I found an A hunt in a zone after somebody else recently searched that zone. It was nice to know that the A hunt in Coerthas can spawn deep in the Natalan area and that the A hunt in Central Shroud can spawn underground in that Spriggan area. X_X

studyguy

Jumped into the Excal TS for hunts for the first time. I love my server. So easy, so helpful, hunts are a breeze now with the entire server calling positions. Went from 80 seals to nearly 300 in no time flat from my last purchase.

Dunan

I spotted the massive Eorzea Collection gear and housing catalog in the bookstore today and found myself buying it. It carries a cover price of 2100 yen plus tax (about $23) and is thick, heavy, and as complete as can be imagined. Pictures of every piece of gear in the game -- most of which my i86 self never knew existed -- and then pictures of all the housing-related stuff, including potential personal room layouts in various themes (Ahriman everything; Allagan transporters next to your bed; that kind of thing).

Every weapon; every piece of clothing; whether each is dye-able/crest-able; how to obtain them and what is needed to glamour them.

There's even a special section on the stats of the i100-115 items, so it's not just a fashion guide.

SE really is going all-out on this game. I'm pretty impressed.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
SE really is going all-out on this game. I'm pretty impressed.

I disagree. Where are my plushie Chocobos and cuddly enemies? Where are my Playarts figures? My licenses Nendroids of each job and faction leader? I want to spend more money!

Madchad

I disagree. Where are my plushie Chocobos and cuddly enemies? Where are my Playarts figures? My licenses Nendroids of each job and faction leader? I want to spend more money!

Would not be suprised if at least one of those is in the goodie bag at fan festival :p

Reknoc

would spend a lot of money on a kan-e-senna nendroid.

maybe they should make some wind-up toys based on minions.

hell i'd make wind-up toys based on memorable FF characters / monsters and pack them with a code for an in game minion

studyguy

Is it important to actually claim a mob for hunts?, do you get extra points or whatever?.

Nope. You can sit there with a party, flash/heal/attack your heart out as the first person to claim and get shit all. It just depends what you can dish out before it conks out under the wave of people. If I hit something at 70% or so, I can usually get full credit as a PLD/WAR. The bigger issue is PBC flooding in, but I can't blame them. NMs gonna NM.

Vhalyar

Quick question for Europeans playing on Excalibur (or on NA datacenters; they're all in Montreal right?). How is the ping? I'm in Germany, but some old friends want me to join them on Excalibur, I'm kind of wondering how bad (if at all?) my ping might be.

Reknoc

Quick question for Europeans playing on Excalibur (or on NA datacenters; they're all in Montreal right?). How is the ping? I'm in Germany, but some old friends want me to join them on Excalibur, I'm kind of wondering how bad (if at all?) my ping might be.

It's fine, which is good because the "EU" servers are in Canada as well!

studyguy

One of our FC's groups is all Europeans and they at T9 every week with minimal problems. I've run with them and no one has ever stated having any latency issues.

Kandinsky

Nope. You can sit there with a party, flash/heal/attack your heart out as the first person to claim and get shit all. It just depends what you can dish out before it conks out under the wave of people. If I hit something at 70% or so, I can usually get full credit as a PLD/WAR. The bigger issue is PBC flooding in, but I can't blame them. NMs gonna NM.

Ok, was just making sure because yesterday I saw some nasty shit going on when a poor guy pulled a huge bee (that was in the midle of a quest npc, that he needed to advance), people didnt care about explanation and insulted him pretty bad, hate hate this new hunt thing, I kinda want to turn shouts off, because it is drama on almost every zone, it's crazy.

Caelestis

How long is the PSN maintainance supposed to be? Can't seem to get on this game to do my hunts before everyone and their grandmother goes online. Dx

Hasney

How long is the PSN maintainance supposed to be? Can't seem to get on this game to do my hunts before everyone and their grandmother goes online. Dx

Don't think it's actual matinence. Destiny is overloading it with people pre-ordering to get the download now I reckon.

Jayhawk

Added a new column to our FC's hunt tracking spreadsheet for the A ranks that determines the approximate time when the next spawn will be for a monster. I am using a 3 hour 30 minute respawn time for the calculation, since that seems to be about the average. I don't think I have seen a 2 hour respawn since we actually started tracking data.

studyguy

Ok, was just making sure because yesterday I saw some nasty shit going on when a poor guy pulled a huge bee (that was in the midle of a quest npc, that he needed to advance), people didnt care about explanation and insulted him pretty bad, hate hate this new hunt thing, I kinda want to turn shouts off, because it is drama on almost every zone, it's crazy.

Personally I turn off shouts for the custom chat tab I called "HUNTS"
Only have the hunt LS, Party, System & Loot text selected. I don't need to hear a shouting match, thanks.

MechaX

Everyone hurry, get those welfare sands while you can

I pretty much got the main thing I really needed with my sands. I guess I could use an extra sand to unweather my chest piece, but it's not a huge priority. I guess I can grind it out for one more welfare sand.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Yay, unlocked Castrum Meridianum this morning. Slowly getting closer to finishing the main story bit. Hopefully I'll do a better job of picking up adds on the boss fights here than in Cape Westwind. Think I'll just sit on Steel Cyclone for those just to blast them all the harder when they spawn.

Tabris

I've been out for the last 3 days traveling. So much to catch up on.

Missed out on 4 days worth of alexandrite too (was lazy on Sunday night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom