• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
What more to follow? Seriously, I'm not trolling or anything I've heard of nothing else to follow. They needed an HP buff so that they could survive for more than 1 second and we got that. No other issues. You can't patch out greed and trolls.

The HP buff did nothing (now they take 2 seconds) and the priority display for S bosses did nothing. They admitted they are looking into the daily and weekly hunts and they are monitoring the situation.

And this is only less than 1 week into hunts...

The problem is not greed and trolls, is that the hunts favours greed and trolling, is broken from the very base.

Sorian

Banned
The HP buff did nothing (now they take 2 seconds) and the priority display for S bosses did nothing. They admitted they are looking into the daily and weekly hunts and they are monitoring the situation.

And this is only less than 1 week into hunts...

The problem is not greed and trolls, is that the hunts favours greed and trolling, is broken from the very base.

I agree, they need to make dailies and weeklies actually worth it and I'm not convinced they actually applied the same priority to S ranks that they did to odin and behe so they can try again there. HP is fine though,saying they die in 2 seconds is incorrect.

If I have one negative thing to say about hunts, it's that it somehow became more important to do hunts than helping others in the FC with non-hunt activities. Seriously, you can't take 15-30 mins off from hunting to help someone complete a dungeon or trial? Especially when the queue wait times are now ridiculous? Hell, there were S hunts occurring while I was doing a dungeon yesterday, but I never left the damn thing (and I've never left the middle of a dungeon if Odin popped up).

You're better off asking for help in mor dhona. Unless your interests perfectly align with another FC member you are SOL.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Having problems and being broken are different, and a blanket statement on content that many people are enjoying, along with wanting to change it in ways that would no longer be enjoyable to those people is "bitching".
I know the world's got problems, I've got problems of my own. Not the kind that can't be solved with an atom bomb

Ni shagu nazad.

Those are very clear problems, but not the kind people seem interested in fixing. Applying the odin/behemoth priority deal to S ranks should have been something that they did right from the getgo. Something should also be done about the daily/weekly mark thing since they provide such a small reward. Imo make it so they too give a sand to make it worthwhile.
I kid.
Nether of these things make the base system of hunts broken though. I still think one of the best solutions would be to add more hunts. Bs should be all over the place so much that people wouldn't be losing their shit gathering people when they see one. Should be the cool nonstandard mob you can find. Making it so the system is caped, or another "use item to spawn boss" are terrible ideas.

SE changes things to make things people enjoyed undesirable all the time. Look no further than the Ramuh Titan-egi nerf which was fun for players to mess around with before it was changed.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The Hunt is the new FATE grind from 2.0 except instead of just xp and gc seals, iys myth, sold, sands, oils, and more. I forsee SE adjusting this like they did FATEs before.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If I have one negative thing to say about hunts, it's that it somehow became more important to do hunts than helping others in the FC with non-hunt activities. Seriously, you can't take 15-30 mins off from hunting to help someone complete a dungeon or trial? Especially when the queue wait times are now ridiculous? Hell, there were S hunts occurring while I was doing a dungeon yesterday, but I never left the damn thing (and I've never left the middle of a dungeon if Odin popped up).

Yeah I can see what you're saying here. We do have a specific help day on Fridays but for smaller things I have noticed people asking for stuff with little to no reply lately.

What more to follow? Seriously, I'm not trolling or anything I've heard of nothing else to follow. They needed an HP buff so that they could survive for more than 1 second and we got that. No other issues. You can't patch out greed and trolls.

Wishful thinking from the people that don't like others enjoying what they don't like. No doubt soon to be validated when they do make a change to the people complaining instead of enjoying the part of the game they like.

The person you quoted hit a major thing on the head, and so do you to an extent. It is the first system in the game that actually allows competition and freedom to game play, thus people being greedy or trolling has a bigger effect. It isn't something that people who are playing this game are use to, but that doesn't mean it is bad or broken. The amount of other people on this server that I've met is unmatched since launch. People are actually forming a community, for better of for worse, and the gameworld isn't just a waiting room for a raid or instance again. People aren't just following a fate icon or waiting in the only place the thing they want spawns, they are going all over the maps.

This can be a good thing, just let it happen.

SE changes things to make things people enjoyed undesirable all the time. Look no further than the Ramuh Titan-egi nerf which was fun for players to mess around with before it was changed.

Yes, and that doesn't mean that the things they are changing is broken, does it?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wishful thinking from the people that don't like others enjoying what they don't like. No doubt soon to be validated when they do make a change to the people complaining instead of enjoying the part of the game they like.

The person you quoted hit a major thing on the head, and so do you to an extent. It is the first system in the game that actually allows competition and freedom to game play, thus people being greedy or trolling has a bigger effect. It isn't something that people who are playing this game are use to, but that doesn't mean it is bad or broken. The amount of other people on this server that I've met is unmatched since launch. People are actually forming a community, for better of for worse, and the gameworld isn't just a waiting room for a raid or instance again. People aren't just following a fate icon or waiting in the only place the thing they want spawns, they are going all over the maps.

Yes, and that doesn't mean that the things they are changing is broken, does it?

Titan-Egi tanking was broken because it shunned tanks from being in the groups and Titan-Egi never took nearly as much damage as an actual tank would in that fight. So yes, it was broken.

studyguy

Titan-Egi tanking was broken because it shunned tanks from being in the groups and Titan-Egi never took nearly as much damage as an actual tank would in that fight. So yes, it was broken.

As a tank primarily I welcome the fix with open arms. Reminded me of 1.0 early Garuda where no one would take anything but BLM/PLD/WHM for burn parties. Anything else? Get the fuck out of here. It's pretty broken if such an overwhelming strategy basically negates the need for your class/job all together.

WolvenOne

The only issue with Hunts at this point, is that the reward is so good that it overshadows everything else. The servers are being strained, Queue times for dungeons are horrific, and during peak hours even organized and dedicated groups have a hard time getting full credit on a Hunt.

Fairly easy problem to fix though.

Just limit people to buying 1 Sand and 1 Oil per week, and take out the Soldiery reward, so people run dungeons again.

To compensate for any loss in interest, I'd do the following to hunts.

1: Make the reward for doing Dailies much better.

2: Randomize the weekly for each player, or at least each GC.

3: Make A's and S's drop Alexandrite, or if completed in the right area with a Zenith weapon, an Atma.

Presto, done. This stops hunts from being a complete free for all, maintains a good set of rewards for the players, and gets people back into dungeons. Players that just want to solo will be able to do the Dailies and get Sands every week or two, and you can loosen up the restriction once they add Sands to CT2.

Or they could just add Sands to CT2 right now, that in addition to taking out the Soldiery reward would have largely the same affect.

I like hunts but I don't prioritize it. I just go to a coordinate when it's given by FC or LS while doing my own shit like Frontlines. I just not gonna throw a bitch fit over hunts when there's other content that's way more enjoyable.

Competition should be on PvP, not on PvE.

Hunts is a toxic content, that rewards uncooperation and bad forms, that's against what an MMO should head. Right now the community is taking steps backwards: people don't help, people don't communicate instead they hold info and shun themselves in small communities to hold the power, ppl don't do any other content, people troll and laugh at people misfortune, they laugh at you because you aren't in one of their privilaged LS and a large etc. They were designed as a small content to enjoy with a few freinds/players, it became the totally opposite of it.

Freedom shouldn't be chained to pop times, pop methods, spreadsheets and timers...that's not freedom, is the ilusion of it, we aren't roaming zones exploring like adventurers in a total open ever chaging big world, we're just roaming zones we know A hunts are supposed to be there in 5 minutes, because we have a spreadsheet telling us to go there...

As a tank primarily I welcome the fix with open arms. Reminded me of 1.0 early Garuda where no one would take anything but BLM/PLD/WHM for burn parties. Anything else? Get the fuck out of here. It's pretty broken if such an overwhelming strategy basically negates the need for your class/job all together.

Same. It was very frustraiting not even being able to enter in the few learning pt....

aceface

Hunts were the best thing for keeping this thread moving.

For all of you guys who want YoshiP to talk remember there's a live letter in 4 days.

I wouldn't be mad about a nerf on hunts, but I'm only 1/3rd of the way to my first welfare sand. Just give me 4 more hours of hunts Yoshi.

Regardless, I don't think that situation is comparable to hunts.
Reached a bit hoping you would admit square changing things doesn't mean it is broken since you used that strat. Oh well, better luck to me next time.

Competition should be on PvP, not on PvE.

Hunts is a toxic content, that rewards uncooperation and bad forms, that's against what an MMO should head. Right now the community is taking steps backwards: people don't help, people don't communicate instead they hold info and shun themselves in small communities to hold the power, ppl don't do any other content, people troll and laugh at people misfortune, they laugh at you because you aren't in one of their privilaged LS and a large etc. They were designed as a small content to enjoy with a few freinds/players, it became the totally opposite of it.

Freedom shouldn't be chained to pop times, pop methods, spreadsheets and timers...that's not freedom, is the ilusion of it, we aren't roaming zones exploring like adventurers in a total open ever chaging big world, we're just roaming zones we know A hunts are supposed to be there in 5 minutes, because we have a spreadsheet telling us to go there...

I respectfully disagree with most if not all of your points, as well as the conclusions you draw from them right down to the very base and first sentence. Because someone can be a jerk about something doesn't mean you should change it. MMOs don't have to be hugboxes that no one can get mad at other people in. Also:

stuff WolvenOne said

Holy shit, how is it that the stuff that the rest of you are saying is actually more crazy then the stuff WolvenOne said? Sure I disagree with him about limiting sands and oil, or that full groups have trouble getting claim on things, but other then that his changes don't revolve around turning Hunts into the same content the rest of the game is. Amazing. What queue times are bad though? I know I've been getting nothing but sub 5 minute queues as dps, even with another dps with me all week, with sub 15 for older dungions.

Wilsongt

While waiting for a ST queue to pop last night I stumbled upon Marraco by chance. I proceed to announce in my hunt LS as well as on Team Speak I found it, I posted the coordinates and did all that jazz. Some guy was there and pulled it, but promptly died, then other people pulled it before the large majority could arrive. Thankfully, Sarg has mastered the art of resetting, so we were able to reset it and all was good.

It's amazing how organized people on Sarg are becoming about this.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Okay. Now that I've done it the right way on a different server cluster...

Who the fuck on the primal cluster came up with tanking the bone dragon north? Holy shit its so much simpler (and faster) doing it the proper way.

studyguy

Find it funny that we're considering sands welfare items now. I never really took unweathered gear as proof of much anyhow. It's all about the High Allagan/i115 stuff.

I may give up on Atma books and I'm only on my first one. My last FATE refuses to spawn, everyone is too zombie like for Hunts and won't be nice enough to say if the FATE is up if they're in that zone (Giant Seps to be exact. Haven't seen it in days) and I have waited over an hour easily for all 3 dungeons and no dice. I guess I'll just stock up on UAT instead.

I respectfully disagree with most if not all of your points, as well as the conclusions you draw from them right down to the very base and first sentence. Because someone can be a jerk about something doesn't mean you should change it. MMOs don't have to be hugboxes that no one can get mad at other people in. Also:

I don't saying every person should be a perfect human being on a MMO. I'm just saying that the content, clearly favours all these things, the rewards are so big, that people are becoming assholes, even people that might not be one before in their entire playtime on the game. Is a vicious circle that keeps on going....

Hunts is basically the Stanford prison experiment of FF XIV.

Wilsongt

Okay. Now that I've done it the right way on a different server cluster...

Who the fuck on the primal cluster came up with tanking the bone dragon north? Holy shit its so much simpler (and faster) doing it the proper way.

Hahahahahahaha.

My new line in Syrcus Tower when people try to pull Xande/Amon/Scylla off to the side is "We are not the primal data center. We tank mobs correctly here: in the middle."

Jayhawk

A lot of hyperbole and assumptions being made in the past few pages of this thread regarding the intent and design of this game, and sometimes MMORPGs in general.

Jayhawk

I'm just saying that the content, clearly favours all these things, the rewards are so big, that people are becoming assholes, even people that might not be one before in their entire playtime on the game.

Assholes were assholes before hunts started. There were speedrunners that exclude and boot people that don't meet their standard. FATE participants that turn in items before the rest of the group want them to. Parties that excluded specific jobs or players without clear experience in fights. Stop pretending that hunts suddenly made people assholes.

Sorian

Banned
The only issue with Hunts at this point, is that the reward is so good that it overshadows everything else. The servers are being strained, Queue times for dungeons are horrific, and during peak hours even organized and dedicated groups have a hard time getting full credit on a Hunt.

I'm a dps, I still only wait about 10 minutes for my expert roulette each day and I got into a CT2 solo que'd in about 8 minutes just now.

Hyperbole!

Find it funny that we're considering sands welfare items now. I never really took unweathered gear as proof of much anyhow. It's all about the High Allagan/i115 stuff.

The second sentence of this post is either sarcasm or uninformed.

Wilsongt

People pull ST bosses to the side?...why?

Yes.

Tank BiS is basically wearing most lorica gear so...

Several times I've been in ST the tanks tried to pull to the side. While not an especially egregious problem with Xande, except for the float mechanic, it becomes a problem with Scylla when you are running orbs around.

Well, since it dosn't affect other players or affect themselves is ok.

Imagine if only one party could do coil 2 in every server by getting an item that spawns 1 time only every day.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhh....exactly.

Imagine if killing hunts came with the added acknowledgment of skillz and pride that clearing raiding bosses do.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahh....exactly.

I don't saying every person should be a perfect human being on a MMO. I'm just saying that the content, clearly favours all these things, the rewards are so big, that people are becoming assholes, even people that might not be one before in their entire playtime on the game. Is a vicious circle that keeps on going....

Hunts is basically the Stanford prison experiment of FF XIV.

We are at an impasse. You seem to only be able to acknowledge the bad parts of hunts. I see those bad things but am willing to deal with it because my friends list has doubled in active members since hunts came. Because I am actually logging on when I'm not raiding and already caped on tomes. Because I am actually talking to people who are from my server again that aren't just in my free company. Try it for a day, and don't take it so seriously. Dicks gonna be dicks, but it doesn't mater in the longrun. Does it really bother you that some other people may get sand before you?

Allagan was the badge of the raider in coil 1, when tome gear matched it's ilvl, and High Allagan is that badge now. Think the mistake they made was not making tome gear just be 110 from the start, or launching the hunt system alongside coil2/sol so that people could get it then. The sol cap is still the thing that prevents people from getting it all in one week, we have just had enough time for people to have already gotten past that cap.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm a dps, I still only wait about 10 minutes for my expert roulette each day and I got into a CT2 solo que'd in about 8 minutes just now.

Hyperbole!

The second sentence of this post is either sarcasm or uninformed.

Hyperbole!

2aADBwg.jpg

Assholes were assholes before hunts started. There were speedrunners that exclude and boot people that don't meet their standard. FATE participants that turn in items before the rest of the group want them to. Parties that excluded specific jobs or players without clear experience in fights. Stop pretending that hunts suddenly made people assholes.

Marginal problems like in every MMO.

Hunts are becoming way more bigger than a few minimal things like those.

A lot of hyperbole and assumptions being made in the past few pages of this thread regarding the intent and design of this game, and sometimes MMORPGs in general.

I feel like I come into the thread and just see random things twisted to fit a posters narrative. "Someone asked for help in the FC and were ignored? DAMN THOSE HUNTS!"

Forgetting of course that many requests for help were going unanswered long before hunts, which led to that friday help night being created. All I need is someone to tell me Hunts shot JFK really.

Imagine if killing hunts came with the added acknowledgment of skillz and pride that clearing raiding bosses do.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahh....exactly.

Not sure if you got the point at all.

We are at an impasse. You seem to only be able to acknowledge the bad parts of hunts. I see those bad things but am willing to deal with it because my friends list has doubled in active members since hunts came. Because I am actually logging on when I'm not raiding and already caped on tomes. Because I am actually talking to people who are from my server again that aren't just in my free company. Try it for a day, and don't take it so seriously. Dicks gonna be dicks, but it doesn't mater in the longrun. Does it really bother you that some other people may get sand before you?

I only saw bad parts, nothing good. The only good thing I saw was finally getting my sand and stopped doing hunts. If you don't talk to people when making parties for any other content that requires it, which is plenty, I don't think is the games fault or that hunts fills a void that can't be filled in any other content. I do plenty talk thanks, without the need of doing it on hunts, because most people don't talk in hunts either, because could mean losing a hunt...

And even if there are good things, I really doubt outweights all the bad it brings to the table.

Hyperbole!

The average wait time in your very picture is 11 minutes. You seem to have run into an issue with the queueing system, something that even Bara is acknowledging in your chat box.

Also it looks like Veronique is mirin Odoru's fat crafting skills.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The average wait time in your very picture is 11 minutes. You seem to have run into an issue with the queueing system, something that even Bara is acknowledging in your chat box.

Bara's previous queue also took 40 minutes. And we all know average wait time doesn't mean shit.

Jayhawk

If you don't talk to people when making parties for any other content that requires it, which is plenty, I don't think is the games fault or that hunts fills a void that can't be filled in any other content. I do plenty talk thanks, without the need of doing it on hunts, because most people don't talk in hunts either, because could mean losing a hunt...

Person X's argument is invalid because I don't observe this situation happening to me. However, my argument is valid because my situation is obviously happening to everybody else.

No joke i was in the middle of making my titan book and thought I was going to have to reclaim out. He was standing there for 20 minutes watching me sweat and debate whether I should reclaim millions of gil worth of mats. :lol

Person X's argument is invalid because I don't observe this situation happening to me. However, my argument is valid because my situation is obviously happening to everybody else.

You should have just quoted the page!

Ok, there may be good parts. Still all the negative clearly outweights the possitive around hunts.

Also going by this thread, can you really claim that hunts are being positive to more people than being a negative experience?

Most people are against what hunts are right now for a proper reason.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ok, there may be good parts. Still all the negative clearly outweights the possitive around hunts.

Also going by this thread, can you really claim that hunts are being positive to more people than being a negative experience?

Mmhmm. Haven't seen this sort of thing since 1.0's problems really.

Jayhawk

Societies are often made of a silent, and maybe ambivalent, majority versus a loud, unhappy minority.

studyguy

Hyperbole!

At that point I'd just hop into an IN PROGRESS match.
Even if you lose, you still progress more than you would in the Wolf Den with infinitely less pressure.

Whoop that's CT2
Who has time for towers when the hunt is alive and well, anyway, right?
Least my FC dungeon queues in groups. CT looks like a crapshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom