• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw bad parts, nothing good. The only good thing I saw was finally getting my sand and stopped doing hunts. If you don't talk to people when making parties for any other content that requires it, which is plenty, I don't think is the games fault or that hunts fills a void that can't be filled in any other content. I do plenty talk thanks, without the need of doing it on hunts, because most people don't talk in hunts either, because could mean losing a hunt...

If you don't think I am a constant box of talks wherever I go then you really don't know who you are talking to. Duty finder is fine for meeting new people but has nothing community building to it, no mater how much you talk. I don't think it is the games or hunts fault that you decide to play in a way that you don't even enjoy. Maybe that is why we are at this point. I change nothing about who I am or how I play for hunts and thus enjoy them independent of being the most efficient way possible or other people doing better at it then me. This is what I meant by giving it a chance, but not to take it so seriously.

Ok, there may be good parts. Still all the negative clearly outweights the possitive around hunts.

Also going by this thread, can you really claim that hunts are being positive to more people than being a negative experience?

Most people are against what hunts are right now for a proper reason.

Because they are haters that love to hate? Argumentum ad populum.
Also could be that people that actually enjoy hunts are ingame enjoying them instead of on here complaining about them.

zewone

Yeah I can see what you're saying here. We do have a specific help day on Fridays but for smaller things I have noticed people asking for stuff with little to no reply lately.

Before the hunts, there would be times I would get zero replies when I asked if anyone wanted to do Expert DR or if I needed Aurum Vale for a book.

People aren't always looking to devote 30 minutes to something that doesn't benefit them.

This isn't a new phenomenon.

Marriage patch will save this OT.

Until the waifu wars begin.

Before the hunts, there would be times I would get zero replies when I asked if anyone wanted to do Expert DR or if I needed Aurum Vale for a book.

People aren't always looking to devote 30 minutes to something that doesn't benefit them.

What if I told you it was the hunts all along, dating back to when the game launched? And what if I told you that it involved alot of time travel hi-jinx? And that I'm possibly eating a sandwich?

I'm sorry, I'll go back to crafting now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

To be fair, no one wants to do Aurum Vale. Worst dungeon in the game.

Noi

I may give up on Atma books and I'm only on my first one. My last FATE refuses to spawn, everyone is too zombie like for Hunts and won't be nice enough to say if the FATE is up if they're in that zone (Giant Seps to be exact. Haven't seen it in days) and I have waited over an hour easily for all 3 dungeons and no dice. I guess I'll just stock up on UAT instead.

There's a few book FATEs that still need to be tweaked individually for faster pops, cause they're ridiculous as they are. Giant Seps and Wanted both come to mind, the latter of which took two hours (since I started counting) for it to show up. In the meantime, I saw that the Fate right next to it popped 5 times while I was waiting...

omlet

Okay. Now that I've done it the right way on a different server cluster...

Who the fuck on the primal cluster came up with tanking the bone dragon north? Holy shit its so much simpler (and faster) doing it the proper way.

You have seen the light.

iammeiam

I will say it seems like there's been an uptick in people trying to pre-form parties for every low-level dungeon in the game, and it makes it tough to tell when people actually need help with something/are legit concerned about grouping with randoms, and when people are just trying to avoid having to DF at all. It might be partially queue times (which I do think are worse outside of prime time than they were) leading to more asking, but I'm less inclined to volunteer to run a dungeon that should be an easy DF.

(I will join all the relic trains, though. I still find HM primals entertaining. No idea why.)

studyguy

Wedding Rings will be 4 star crafts that require mastercraft desynths, 1300 worth soldiery tome mats and 4 Rank V materia attached. It has no materia slots to begin with however.

After you get engaged you have to rank up for 2 real life years on FATEs to prove your love for each other. Tanaka will be the priest holding the final ceremony. When he asks if you agree to take your partner as man or wife, you have a 5% chance to say yes.

If you end up saying no, the ring breaks and the process starts all over again.

dubq

I was off the game for a bit - just re-applied to the Ultros GAF FC. Plz add me again, as I'm subbed up for another 180 days! :)

WolvenOne

Honestly, I enjoy Hunts off of peak hours, searching out zones for NMs and coordating with other players is just hecka fun, and a nice change of pace from constant dungeons and trials.

So all I want is something that dampens down competition, without turning them into just more instanced content, or killing the attraction outright.

As for my statement that dungeon queues aren't that good. I've heard that from a lot of people, and have experienced a few slow queues myself. It's certainly livable, but the patch is only a little over a week old at this point, queues for new dungeons would normally still be humming at this point.

BadRNG

If anyone here is done with hunts, or hate hunts, or whatever brand of non-hunting - and in Ultros FC please leave the FC LS (if you are in it) so we can make room for other people actually interested in the content. Also petition SE for bigger LS sizes cause c'mon.

Honestly, I enjoy Hunts off of peak hours, searching out zones for NMs and coordating with other players is just hecka fun, and a nice change of pace from constant dungeons and trials.
Yes, off peak hunting is really almost like a different world. Much more fun and people in general are more cooperative.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"

I do think hunts have made it worse. When I was levelling to 50, most of my story dungeons were with Gaf members. I thought once I hit 50 things would be even better as I'd be doing content that more people were interested in.

But nope. I did Tam Tara HM with Gaf members which was perfect (speed run would've tainted such a fantastic dungeon) but otherwise my asks for help have been met with utter silence, even though I know plenty of people are on.

Luckily I enjoy hunts so it isn't too much of an issue, but I enjoy dungeons more and getting pulled by the nose by impatient PUGs is hardly the best way to experience them.

If anyone here is done with hunts, or hate hunts, or whatever brand of non-hunting - and in Ultros FC please leave the FC LS (if you are in it) so we can make room for other people actually interested in the content. Also petition SE for bigger LS sizes cause c'mon.

Yes, off peak hunting is really almost like a different world. Much more fun and people in general are more cooperative.

i'll leave, I'll just get the info from bookey/bara

WolvenOne

Yeah, during peak hours Hunts are just terrible, they're nothing but a zerg fest full of trolls, drama, and random who seem patently incapable of not face pulling.

Get into off hours though, and things calm down enough that you can useually come up with a semi coordinated pull time, or a tank can reset if pulled early, and most the drama disappears.

During peak hours, supply simply cannot meet demand, drama and frustration is the inevitable result.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Got by Zenith weapon. For atmas I seem to be getting conflicting guides. I have to do ANY FATE in the requires zones for a random chance of the atma?

Then I would like to know, is there any way to see what Atma's you've gotten, or is there a message to watch for?

Zomba13

Marriage patch will save this OT.

I want Tiduz to be my waifu.

Got by Zenith weapon. For atmas I seem to be getting conflicting guides. I have to do ANY FATE in the requires zones for a random chance of the atma?

Then I would like to know, is there any way to see what Atma's you've gotten, or is there a message to watch for?

Atma is a completely random drop form any FATE in the respective zone. Your quest log will tell you what zones have what Atma. There is a notice that pops up on the screen (hard to miss) and you get the item in your inventory (not Key Items, regular inventory so make sure you have space).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Any fate in a qualifying zone has a chance to drop that zone's Atma.

Atmas go into your inventory (not key items, regular items). There's also a special pop up message that looks like this:
ffxiv-zodiac-weapon-acquisition-interface.jpg

Hasney

Queue times as a DPS seem fine to me, although I've not tried CT2 other than on a Tuesday, because then I can't get any new loot.

Also got through 4 books in 4 nights now, almost got my sands from hunts (which also got me enough myth to get my 5th book) and almost fully spiritbonded my i70-90 backup gear. Everythings coming up Beanflick.

squadr0n

Ive been finding these armor sets for my Lvl 38 Pali that are Legs and Boots combined and Chest and Helmet combined. What is the difference between wearing these sets or using the regular individual items?

Ever since I hit 30 the story and quests have seriously started to drag and take forever to level. I just got to Dragonhead a few levels ago and things have started to pick up a bit but if I dont have a new Dungeon to do at each new level then I start to get so bored.

klee123

Has anyone been getting constant 90k's as of late?

Had a 3 hour session last night and was constantly getting them.

Maybe that's the reason for the maintenance lol.

dcye

Hunts were the best thing for keeping this thread moving.

If by moving you mean posting the same things for 20 pages then sure.

theSlacker couldn't be more right about this. Literally every point he/she has made has been 100% correct.

IvorB

Be psychic. Also, don't play MNK or SMN.

/shout OMW DON'T PULL YET
/shout IT'S DEAD?!? OMG U ****S

Get in a hunt LS and a party within that, or pick one up on Party Finder and go to the co-ords where they say there is a hunt

Yeah, got lots of A's and even a few S yesterday.

Never knew where it come from, some guy in my party was calling A's open times in every possible region.

- Go WAR.

- When someone tries to "reset" the hunt, by moving it away from it's aggro area, use Holmgang.

- Proceed to laugh at people at i110 level people that resets only in their best interest and calls "early" pulling when their friend "train" isn't there.

Thanks. Didn't manage to hunt anything in the end. Did other stuf instead. Killed Ifrit on hard. Man, he really came back with some vigour. I need to do Garuda next and this terrifies me; I can't lie. I'll do it tomorrow.

Had a cool story roulette just now. It was that bullsh*t level with the canons. Both tanks insta-quit leaving only six casters: 3 BLM, 1 SMN and 1 healer of some kind and one more (healer I think). And we powered through. It was amazing.

Prototype

I will be getting back into 14 soon. Left ofa few months ago at end game at the time, was working on finishing up my curtana for my pld. The new changes seem cool and the extra content is nice. Before hand all I was doing is dungeons for tombs or hard mode primals. Is it still easy to find people doing that content?

klee123

I will be getting back into 14 soon. Left ofa few months ago at end game at the time, was working on finishing up my curtana for my pld. The new changes seem cool and the extra content is nice. Before hand all I was doing is dungeons for tombs or hard mode primals. Is it still easy to find people doing that content?

It is much easier thanks to roulettes for pretty much every dungeon and also for HM trials.

That said, the recent introduction of hunts may lengthen the queue time quite a bit though.

However, if you're playing as PLD, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Prototype

It is much easier thanks to roulettes for pretty much every dungeon and also for HM trials.

That said, the recent introduction of hunts may lengthen the queue time quite a bit though.

However, if you're playing as PLD, it shouldn't be an issue at all.
Ya I never had problems finding a group when my linkshell was busy.

I'm pretty excited to get back in.

1 last question: what is the fee for a server change? I'd like to move to hyperion, all my ff11 buds are on it but I'm on a different server at the moment.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm usually not one to criticize random players I run with but jesus christ. Just did a Castrum run that took over an hour, with only one newbie (and they weren't even watching cutscenes). It was just a pair of the worst tanks I've ever seen. Almost full myth-gear, but just... off-tank not picking up adds, neither tank knowing how to stealth and turn off search-lights at the end, etc.

200 myth was not worth that.

1 last question: what is the fee for a server change? I'd like to move to hyperion, all my ff11 buds are on it but I'm on a different server at the moment.

$18 I think? Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom