• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking about transferring to Ultros but Diabolos seems to be a cool community regarding hunts themselves though. It just sucks there's hardly no turn 6 pf groups

Ken

Was thinking about transferring to Ultros but Diabolos seems to be a cool community regarding hunts themselves though. It just sucks there's hardly no turn 6 pf groups

Ultros tends to have a lot of decent~good Coil2 PFs every week. Majority only go up to about T7, though sometimes you can find 6-8 groups looking for subs or such.

Yeah I yet to do the new turns though so I'm always looking for learning groups. I'll get to it eventually. Also on a different topic. How long does it take to spiritbond 45-50 and i55 gear in Urth's Gift in south shroud

Taruranto

I swear, these shouts get better and better.

KpoS4g2.png

Yeah I yet to do the new turns though so I'm always looking for learning groups. I'll get to it eventually. Also on a different topic. How long does it take to spiritbond 45-50 and i55 gear in Urth's Gift in south shroud

45-50 gear, you're looking at about half an hour. Lower end of that range will go noticeably faster. Ideally, the gear should be HQ with a throwaway materia meld, as both these things make spiritbonding faster.

i55 I'm not sure about.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Got and Unidentified Allagan Tomestone. Then realized I would have to somehow come up with 1300 tombs of solidarity to make use of it.

Are the weathered weapons worth it?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Got and Unidentified Allagan Tomestone. Then realized I would have to somehow come up with 1300 tombs of solidarity to make use of it.

They're ilv 100 weapons that thanks to hunts you can easily turn into a ilv110 weapon. Start saving those tomes.

Oh so those items are to upgrade the weathered soldiery stuff?
No, the UAT is used to buy the weathered weapon. Sands of Time and Oil are used to upgrade the weathered stuff to ilv 110 (sands upgrade the left side of your armor while oil upgrades the right).

UAT + 1300 Sol = weathered ilv 100 weapon
Weathered ilv 100 weapon + Sands of Time (coil drop or 750 hunt seals) = ilv 110 weapon

Ken

Darnit, we had our T7 clear but I used the LB at the wrong time and got petrified...><

If your tank can get it into position very quickly, you can let the LB fly ASAP and get out of the animation before the first petrifaction. Have to do it without hesitation or the cast breaking though.

Or of course you can wait out the first petrifaction but that's no fun.

klee123

Only if you have Sands of time to upgrade it to lvl 110. Which is easy now since you can get them by hunting.

Basically the Upgraded Soldiery and Novus Relic weapons renders every other weapon obselete at this point until you reach T9.

Ken

Hmmm, I would say they were before 2.3 but now with Ramuh dropping i100 weapons I think it's debatable.

1300 Soldiery is quite a few pieces of left or right side gear.

klee123

Aren't the Ramuh weapons supposed to be a somewhat rare drop? Might be better off going for the unweathered weapon first.

Yep and it's only lvl 100.

The problem with the oils and sands being so easy to get is that for people who never raided coil 2, they can get lvl 110 accessories and don't need to bother with the Ramuh at all other than being able to unlock a future primal at a later patch.

Ken

Aren't the Ramuh weapons supposed to be a somewhat rare drop? Might be better off going for the unweathered weapon first.

Well, maybe if you're in a hurry for high ilevel weapons to do Coil with.

Anyways it's just 3 weeks of soldiery vs one to potentially infinite runs of Ramuh lol.

iammeiam

Did a boarskin map today that gave me an unhidden map that dropped about 400k worth of stuff, including a bolt of mist silk. Felt financially solvent for about a minute until I realized I'm just going to blow it all on materia overmelds and buying crafting leveling stuff. I need to dig up more boarskin maps.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks for the input.

Guess my next question would be what's the best way to get S-Tombs?
Best way to earn them is to run content you like. You can get them from dungeons, frontlines, roulette, primals, and even hunts. You'll probably hit the weekly 450 cap before you know it.

The fastest way would probably be hunts if you can get into a good party or linkshell. Each B mark you get max credit on will grant you 5 seals and 10 soldiery, A marks are 20 seals and 20 soldiery, while S marks are 50 seals and 40 soldiery.

Just did the Behemoth Fate in coertas on Ultros , That was just magnificent

I knew something was wrong when the fate started aand then i realised it's a 2 part FATE !

So great, the way he goes
"if i'm gonna die , you're going to die too"
was masterfull

The battlefield was just full of dead bodies afterwards..

EXcellent stuff , this Bahemoth FATE.

Zomba13

Fucking SE!

Pop on because why not. See that Odin has spawned, Awesome! Learn maint is in 10 mins and we get Odin down to 30 something % before everyone gets booted one by one. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- Only needed one mantle!!!! Why must you do this to me SE every time! I just want my Odin onesie!

I'm legit pissed right now.

Like really, if we had 5 more minutes we could have done it, even with the relativly low amount we had it was a weaker Odin (58). We could have beat him! I could have got my last mantle! I could be done with him forever! Now I have to wait until god knows when to be online when he pops.

Fucking Odin.

Tabris

Our Coil group now has several members close to completing their left side with i110 items thanks to good drops and the sands from hunts.

4 members have i110 weapons, 3 are waiting for Novus which is 2ish weeks away.

We will need to replace 1 member in 2 weeks due to school but rest are rolling.

Did a boarskin map today that gave me an unhidden map that dropped about 400k worth of stuff, including a bolt of mist silk. Felt financially solvent for about a minute until I realized I'm just going to blow it all on materia overmelds and buying crafting leveling stuff. I need to dig up more boarskin maps.

Can those unhidden maps be solo'd or are they suppose to be with a party

I hit 50 on my Black Mage quite awhile back and finally finished the mainline story.

This game is so good. There is still a massive, massive pile of content I have need to sort through still. A lot to look forward to. Now to just start grinding out tombstones and building up. It would be nice to find a more active FC though. I ended up getting an invite to one after I saved some player from getting his ass handed to him by something and because I didn't have anything at the time, I joined. Most of the FC is gone by now and a few active players are on, but they all kind of mind their own business. Still, nice to see people talking when they are on.

Also, the Hildebrand quest is fantastic. Kudos to Square for that one.

WolvenOne

Any SMNs need a static here?

This is a Coil & Patch Release static. Need an active player for SMN, ready for T7+.

Yeah, the time to find a replacement for Stanley is running low. <_<;;

In related new, finally get Coil drops, only to be wracked with guilt over Tabris still being without a single body piece drop. It's official, nice guys can't win, we sabotage ourselves! D:

studyguy

Man desynths are killing me. It's not hard or particularly costly for what I'm doing now. Just dull. Least I'm getting demi I guess.

Also ran 4 pieste maps and 0 unhidden. My friend used 1 and got it immediately. Sonvabitch.

45-50 gear, you're looking at about half an hour. Lower end of that range will go noticeably faster. Ideally, the gear should be HQ with a throwaway materia meld, as both these things make spiritbonding faster.

i55 I'm not sure about.

And will turn into a level 3 materia worth about 2k. I've only lost money spiritbonding. Never again.

I had an interesting experience tonight on CT2 going full GAF. It's like people were in a massive hurry, healers pulling before everyone got to the room, no waiting for replacements, etc. It was rough, but in the end we prevailed. I went with an oil for my ring. Maybe I'll go for the gear next week, unless they add sands.

With how much myth the game throws at you now, I've been getting my books a lot faster. Got the fates done on my sixth, so tomorrow I should get it done and be ready for the next one. It took me like 2 days, where it was like a week before. Looking forward to the Novus grind.

Also I'm almost there with my crafters. Only 4 at 46-43. I'll get them done in the weekend. WVR is fucking expensive to level though. Cloths are so expensive.

studyguy

Not going to be surprised when a few patches down they significantly cut the relic weapon questline. A new player now would already be better served ignoring anything past basic relic with just how easy it is to get a tome and soldiery. I can't imagine starting from scratch if they keep everything the same after they add another step or two to what is now a novus.

I get the completionist angle but once they add another step I can't help but feel like the whole line is a bit too bloated. I'm sure the team will ease something by that point though atma or otherwise.

WolvenOne

Everyone is only in a hurry because they don't want to miss a S rank hunt. Gotta catch them all.

On this note: Please people, do not do the Teleport cancel troll. If I miss an S-Rank because of this, I will find you, and I will waggle my finger in a devastatingly disapproving manner!

Ken

The relic quest has some value in that it's a good introduction to full party size content, and it's not too bloated aside from a bit of traveling for the first time.

Unless by bloated you mean from base relic all the way to Novus then well, I think Animus on its own is bloated enough. :|

WolvenOne

The relic quest has some value in that it's a good introduction to full party size content, and it's not too bloated aside from a bit of traveling for the first time.

I was just talking about this, and yes I actually quite approve of A Relic Reborn. The follow-up quests, could have been nice, but really aren't all that sensible given the reward involved.

I mean, I lurve me mah Novus, but as nice as Novus weapons would be on other classes, I can't even conceive of taking the rest of the Relic's up to Novus as it is right now.

studyguy

Unless by bloated you mean from base relic all the way to Novus then well, I think Animus on its own is bloated enough. :|
Relic to +1, atma, animus, novus. Another step and it will be one ridiculous long questline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom