• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

I thought YoshiP specifically said there would not be better gear. In fact they originally were not going to have it drop any gear at all.

studyguy

That thing is kinda ugly.

I love Flames, but all of our gear looks super clunky compared to everyone else.
The selection of weaponry design is basically TAKE BASE ITEM, ADD TONS OF METAL, HORNS, SPIKES.
Some of it looks nice, but most of it looks almost monster hunterish.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I love Flames, but all of our gear looks super clunky compared to everyone else.

The melee DPS set for the Flames looks pretty good. Maelstrom gets pretty good everything. Adders get a good heavy and caster set.

That Flames caster set is really... something though.

Tomat

Never seen a screenshot of a male wearing that caster set (or even seen it in game).

Tomat

N4Fm18T.jpg
Pretty sexy. Must have burnt off all the chest hair with all those flares.

Going to give FFXIV:ARR another shot, GAF.

I'm itching to delve into an MMO. My other options were WoW (I am pretty much burned out on the game forever- can't go back) and Wildstar (fun combat, having a hard time getting into it anyway).

Since it is a free login weekend figured I would come back and check it out.

I usually tank or heal in MMOs... going to try something different and play a Bard. Maybe a new class archetype will help me this time around.

So my only question really...

Bard = Support/DPS? Whichever MMO I stick with, I am looking to raid endgame.

Wilsongt

Going to give FFXIV:ARR another shot, GAF.

I'm itching to delve into an MMO. My other options were WoW (I am pretty much burned out on the game forever- can't go back) and Wildstar (fun combat, having a hard time getting into it anyway).

Since it is a free login weekend figured I would come back and check it out.

I usually tank or heal in MMOs... going to try something different and play a Bard. Maybe a new class archetype will help me this time around.

So my only question really...

Somewhat support... Your only real job is to sing, which kills your DPS. You might have to silence every now and then, but eh.

Jayhawk

Bard is a DPS/support hybrid. They can't put out as much dps as other equally-geared jobs, but their support abilities improve the group. I suggest playing as whatever you find fun because this game does a good job of being inclusive of all jobs in raid content.

Somewhat support... Your only real job is to sing, which kills your DPS. You might have to silence every now and then, but eh.

I got this.

tumblr_inline_mlluiuVALT1qz4rgp.gif

Are there any true support classes that folks love to have around? I enjoyed playing a Bard/Dirge in EQ2 (AKA a buff bot). Thought it may have been similar.

chrono01

I'll pray to the Moogle Mailbox every day to ensure this doesn't happen kupo.
So that's what the mailbox behind our FC house is for? Interesting.

Does it offer pleas for caster-related gear [High Allagan weapon, not included] as well? Also, is it purely payment by blood, or is more needed?

Are there any true support classes that folks love to have around? I enjoyed playing a Bard/Dirge in EQ2 (AKA a buff bot). Thought it may have been similar.

Not exactly, but Bard is probably the closest. There's 2 tanks, 2 healers and rest is all pretty much pure DPS. Bard actually has some support abilities(songs) and the best silence in the game iirc(it's ranged so just that makes it the best in many cases, cooldown is relatively low) so that would make them the best "support". No redmage and such in this game however, it's the trinity, not like old school tank/heal/support/control/dps thing.

Ken

So that's what the mailbox behind our FC house is for? Interesting.

Does it offer pleas for caster-related gear [High Allagan weapon, not included] as well? Also, is it purely payment by blood, or is more needed?

The shrine of kupo welcomes all who will listen!

Not exactly, but Bard is probably the closest. There's 2 tanks, 2 healers and rest is all pretty much pure DPS.

It's not a common opinion but I feel like Summoners can be just as valuable "support" units as Bards due to their Supervirus, ability to Eye for an Eye, and most importantly battle resurrection. They're no replacement for songs on fights that need them but their contributions to fights shouldn't be overlooked.

chrono01

The shrine of kupo welcomes all who will listen!
I shall pray to the Shrine of Kupo daily. I will offer them the souls of any unfortunate adventurers that cross my path. Nothing will stop me.

Beware, citizens of Eorzea! The Moogle will soon enslave you all. Pledge your loyalty to them now, lest you pay for your insolence later.

sora87

If you haven't been to Whitebrim yet, there are many quests there that are right at your level. Just one level from now you can put experience into beast tribe quests.

Yeah I've done all the quests there, tried doing fates but they all pretty much finished just before I reached them and was getting rubbish exp. Really wish there were more quests when you're leveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom