• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcye

A friend of mine (Deefunx, for Madchad) was saying that Savage Coil drops should be the same, but dyeable. I really like that idea. Feels like a good compromise that doesn't raise the ilvl and threaten game balance but gives a reward that's more than a title.

WolvenOne

On buying Materia for Novus.

Spiritbond materia, sell the types you don't need, keep the types you do.

After collecting the materia I needed, I wound up with more Gil than when I started. Just throw a few Spirit Bind parties together and head to Urths Gift.

TheMink

So i just got to 50 ARM what does that even mean for me and equipment should i get? My current equipment cant even seem to make lvl 30-40 stuff anywhere close to high quality.

So i just got to 50 ARM what does that even mean for me and equipment should i get? My current equipment cant even seem to make lvl 30-40 stuff anywhere close to high quality.

You will need every craft at 15 at least to HQ stuff. Having HQ Artifact gear helps, especially with materia attached.

IvorB

Well managed to kill Garuda (hard) last night. Man, she's just too savage :-O. She wiped us twice I think and on the victory run by the end I was concentrating on the screen so hard I had tears streaming out of my eyes. Next up Titan (hard) I guess.

edgefusion

Well managed to kill Garuda (hard) last night. Man, she's just too savage :-O. She wiped us twice I think and on the victory run by the end I was concentrating on the screen so hard I had tears streaming out of my eyes. Next up Titan (hard) I guess.

Bring lube!

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I was doing great on Titan HM until I got scooted off the platform. No idea what went wrong, I was standing the same place as the other BLM.

Riposte

Wish I heard about the free log-in weekend sooner. Probably won't be able to get much done. Also seems like hunts have taken over the game, so maybe it is a bad time anyway.

IvorB

Wish I heard about the free log-in weekend sooner. Probably won't be able to get much done. Also seems like hunts have taken over the game, so maybe it is a bad time anyway.

Nah it hasn't. I've actually been wanting to hunt and I haven't seen much evidence of it. People are still doing to the regular tuff. I'm DPS and got into pretty much everything I queued up for last night without too much delay, sometimes really quickly actually.

Madchad

Plenty of new stuff to do ingame, lots of new story to go through, primals, dungeons, pvp. Hunts are not the be all end all of current content, they were just implemented wrong/late thus all the rage and talk about them at the moment. 10 ilevels on a piece of gear is not going to break your character, unless you are a min max BiS type of person, in which case most of your stuff will be from doing Second Coil anyway.

Ken

Turns effects off. I always turn them off for coil, since 2.0. Especially in T8.

I found Dreadnought corpses more obstructive than skill effects when trying to see homing missiles and AFAIK there's no system options that affect enemy corpses.

Orcastar

Been considering picking up FFXIV again for a while now. I only played for a month back in December, so I figure I might as well start from scratch with a completely new character.

However, I'm not sure which server to pick. I was thinking of applying for the GAF guild on Ultros, but the OP recommends Ragnarok for EU timezones. Are there any European players in the official GAF guild?

Hasney

Been considering picking up FFXIV again for a while now. I only played for a month back in December, so I figure I might as well start from scratch with a completely new character.

However, I'm not sure which server to pick. I was thinking of applying for the GAF guild on Ultros, but the OP recommends Ragnarok for EU timezones. Are there any European players in the official GAF guild?

Yeah, and now with hunts, EU time period is the best period!

Ken

There's Europeans but I'm not sure if they tend to play during Ultros prime time, unless they have Coil to do.

Isaccard

It's the perfect time for you because hunts are exactly what you've wanted out of this game; FFXI style garbage

jfkgoblue

Titan HM isn't that bad anymore with most people in DF being i90 with how easy myth is to get now

elyetis

Mostly came back to the game with 2.3 because of CT2 and Frontline; but still decided to give a try to hunt.

And quickly gave up, I have better gain in Frontline even with 20-30min wait, than you get hunting if you are not one of the choosen one part of a specialized group.

At least I remember now as a ff11 player, why I was happy NM weren't part of ff14 design.

supergiz

Any of you guys who are running hard mode primals for the first time send me a friend request them mog mail in game. I am running them all the time due to desynth and would be glad to help

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I found Dreadnought corpses more obstructive than skill effects when trying to see homing missiles and AFAIK there's no system options that affect enemy corpses.

Yep. Golems in T9 do the same thing sometimes as far as obstructing something thta needs to be seen. Super annoying.

Riposte

Download won't be done any time soon. Guess I'll only be playing on Sunday.

It's the perfect time for you because hunts are exactly what you've wanted out of this game; FFXI style garbage

So it is like camping NMs? I was under the impression it was more like the chaos of FATEs (e.g., Behemoth/Odin or perhaps the madness that used to go on in Coerthas); videos make it look like a real mess and I saw they had to increase health. Way too many people to be anywhere comparable to my usual experiences with camping FFXI. Camping NMs isn't actually anywhere near what I appreciated most about FFXI anyway.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

So it is like camping NMs? I was under the impression it was more like the chaos of FATEs (e.g., Behemoth/Odin or perhaps the madness that used to go on in Coerthas); videos make it look like a real mess and I saw they had to increase health. Way too many people to be anywhere comparable to my usual experiences with camping FFXI. Camping NMs isn't actually anywhere near what I appreciated most about FFXI anyway.

Hunts are unmarked FATEs with a lot less HP and no level syncs.

Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of doing the PS3->PS4 upgrade but I wanted to make sure of something before I hit the "Upgrade" button on the Mog Station. There's a procedure to transfer character data from the PS3 to the PS4, so I was wondering if I can do that after I've upgraded and installed the PS4 version or whether I need to start transfer from my PS3 beforehand.

Taruranto

Found this masterpiece while browsing

oknHc31.png

WolvenOne

Unlike XI, any party that generates enough enmity against the NM before it dies will get full credit, assuming they also land at least 1hp of damage against it as well. So everybody floods these NM's trying to get some damage in.

Never played XI, but it basically sounds like they traded one set of issues for another.

Levito

Banned
Hey XIVGAF!

Going to be jumping into the game this weekend thanks to the free login weekend. The only time I've really played it was at a launch event for the game in Seattle last fall.

I've actually had the game since last fall, went to PAX and at their launch event I got the game signed by Soken and one of the producers:

Despite that I'm going to be picking up the PS4 version, mostly because my PS4 is collecting dust and I think this'll help remedy that.

Any recommendations as to what server to roll on? Was thinking of going on Ultros.

Prototype

So I haven't played since release month but coming back to check out the new stuff for the free weekend. Last thing I was doing was finishing my relic and collecting dark light equipment.

What is the best way to spend my time over the free weekend? I'd like to see a little of the new content and maybe grab a piece of new gear. Any suggestions?

So I haven't played since release month but coming back to check out the new stuff for the free weekend. Last thing I was doing was finishing my relic and collecting dark light equipment.

What is the best way to spend my time over the free weekend? I'd like to see a little of the new content and maybe grab a piece of new gear. Any suggestions?

Think this reddit thread lists all the new content and stuff to do:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2b2bk4/i_was_level_50_in_2x_and_now_im_back_for_the_free/

Hasney

Hey XIVGAF!

Going to be jumping into the game this weekend thanks to the free login weekend. The only time I've really played it was at a launch event for the game in Seattle last fall.

I've actually had the game since last fall, went to PAX and at their launch event I got the game signed by Soken and one of the producers:

Despite that I'm going to be picking up the PS4 version, mostly because my PS4 is collecting dust and I think this'll help remedy that.

Any recommendations as to what server to roll on? Was thinking of going on Ultros.

Yup, Ultros. Come join us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom