• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soroc

Hey all, Haven't played in a while (since before leviathan on PC) and just got a PS4 during that Target coupon bonanza last weekend. Was wondering if I pick up a cheap copy of XIV for PS3 do I still get a free upgrade to PS4 version?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hey all, Haven't played in a while (since before leviathan on PC) and just got a PS4 during that Target coupon bonanza last weekend. Was wondering if I pick up a cheap copy of XIV for PS3 do I still get a free upgrade to PS4 version?

Yeah until Dec 31st

QgVI3sR.jpg

Self betryal

Wookieomg

Hey all! Became aware of the free login weekend and thought I'd jump back in and see what's new. Logged into my old character and upon seeing no one online that I used to play with, I've decided to start fresh somewhere else, possibly as a preemptive decision for a resub soon.

So I'm curious... How often does Ultros accept new characters? I'd like to get in with the official GAF guild there, but just tried to create a new character and alas, Ultros is closed for new characters currently.

Sakura

Can't believe the game made me sit through that 5 minute trailer after reinstalling, just want to play dammit lol

Taruranto

So, apparently Crit IV Materia go for 400k on Ragnarok... and I'll need 8 of these things..

Yeah, looks like I'm not getting Novus anytime soon. Time to start looting that tomestone next CT.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I know gathering Atma is supposed to be a pain in the ass, but I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I've been in East Shroud all day.

If you do a fate, and you don't get an atma, is it possible that it will drop from the same fate next time, or is the atma dropped from one specific (but random) fate in the zone, so do all the ones in the zone.

iammeiam

So I know gathering Atma is supposed to be a pain in the ass, but I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I've been in East Shroud all day.

If you do a fate, and you don't get an atma, is it possible that it will drop from the same fate next time, or is the atma dropped from one specific (but random) fate in the zone, so do all the ones in the zone.

East Shroud took me as long to get as all 11 other atmas combined. It happens.

Any fate in the zone could drop an atma, and it can drop the first or fiftieth time you do that FATE. So you can just spam one over and over, but people tend to move around to do as many as as they can as quickly as they can, and because only so many FATES can be active at once in a zone (so if you don't do any of them, you have to wait for them to time out for new ones to pop.)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So, apparently Crit IV Materia go for 400k on Ragnarok... and I'll need 8 of these things..

Yeah, looks like I'm not getting Novus anytime soon. Time to start looting that tomestone next CT.
Similar prices on Ultros. I painfully went with crit and determ... pls don't break on me.

That said, what sort of gear should I try and spirit bond to have a chance at Savage Aim IV and Savage Might IV?

Similar prices on Ultros. I painfully went with crit and determ... pls don't break on me.

That said, what sort of gear should I try and spirit bond to have a chance at Savage Aim IV and Savage Might IV?

I would go with gear that has the stat you want for materia. Like how you spiritbond turquoise jewelry for quicktongue. And just do i45-49...it bonds faster, especially with materia attached.

BadRNG

Turns effects off. I always turn them off for coil, since 2.0. Especially in T8.

As melee, you pretty much have to have special effects off or you're outta luck.
Wait, is this really a thing? I've never had issue with the special effects as melee and I can't think of a time we've wiped due to someone else in group having issue with them.

Do you people play super zoomed in or something?

draw4wild

I do zircon all the time and get a ton of the savage materias, usually lvl 3 tho. I see no reason why spinel wouldnt be the best for you, it really is rng at that point with what IVs you get

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
East Shroud took me as long to get as all 11 other atmas combined. It happens.

Any fate in the zone could drop an atma, and it can drop the first or fiftieth time you do that FATE. So you can just spam one over and over, but people tend to move around to do as many as as they can as quickly as they can, and because only so many FATES can be active at once in a zone (so if you don't do any of them, you have to wait for them to time out for new ones to pop.)

Is there any medal requirement? Do you have to get gold, or will silver, or even the participation rank be enough?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think any successful completion rank can give Atma but not failing.

I wish I knew this. I would've saved a few hours.

I was pretty lucky with my Atma grind though, so I can't complain too much.

Wait, is this really a thing? I've never had issue with the special effects as melee and I can't think of a time we've wiped due to someone else in group having issue with them.

Do you people play super zoomed in or something?

Nope, I often zoom out so I can be aware of my surroundings. Still with all those effects going off, it makes it tough to see things, especially the ring around the enemy so I know where to aim my attacks. With effects off, it has made things easier to deal with.

WolvenOne

I believe it was at the E3 japanese live letter or so. The whole thing was depending on how popular it was and how many folks could complete it, they might add drops to it eventually. For now it's only titles.

I'd be perfectly happy with mere pallet swapped High Allagen gear that was 5ilvl's higher, even if it wasn't made available until 2.4. In fact that'd be a good place to put it, since any group willing to farm it would be much better off to start third Coil. Seeing as it'll take numerous weeks to fully gear into the next Tome gear, and all.

Granted, the idea of farming Savage Coil is kinda. o_O

WolvenOne

Was bound to happen when myth started flowing like water.

I know, was wishfully thinking it'd be a more gradual process. I'll probably soon start hording Mats, until the price picks back up for whatever reason. It'll probably happen in 2.4, when they add new recipes that require something like thirty Saurian Skins, or whatnot.

I'd be perfectly happy with mere pallet swapped High Allagen gear that was 5ilvl's higher, even if it wasn't made available until 2.4. In fact that'd be a good place to put it, since any group willing to farm it would be much better off to start third Coil. Seeing as it'll take numerous weeks to fully gear into the next Tome gear, and all.

Granted, the idea of farming Savage Coil is kinda. o_O

New content means the groups that actually cared about savage coil will never touch it again. They will be way too busy wrecking whatever new stuff SE adds while wearing whatever gear.

Posting this because I agree with you sort of, but I don't think there's any point in adding gear to savage mode.

Madchad

Savage coil is not there to be farmed mate its just there to challenge those that want to give it ago for a title off each boss. The raid drops the same loot as normal mode.

I want Savage Second Coil Turn 3 title "The Avatar" ;p

Currently making progress on Turn 2 at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom