• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
some S rank Saturday this turned out to be. Only one showed up so far. My body and eyes hate me for waking up earlier than I had anticipated

Hasney

some S rank Saturday this turned out to be. Only one showed up so far. My body and eyes hate me for waking up earlier than I had anticipated

See, that was a mistake. Should have stayed up layer instead when the hunts are nice and civil, everyone getting max A bonus and blown the S reward right out of the water.

So... I'm about to do my first Full Party instance (Cape Westwind). I'm a WHM, playing with a controller (yup). Anything I should know?

Edit: Done. Well, that was crazy.

Got my PS4 upgrade set up and installed. Kinda surreal to be back in the game after so long. I'll probably try and pick up where I left off in the story, which was
Garuda
. I think not being able to beat it kinda put a damper on my playing and was a good part of why I stopped. I'd like to try again. If I can beat it before the free weekend event ends, I'll probably end up adding another month.

I'm a level 46 White Mage and I'm missing the last two Job specific armor pieces. I'm wondering if it'd help to grind till 50 for the pieces first to tip the scales in my favor. Does the gear sync make it fruitless? I'm rocking a lvl 41 robe right now so I'd like to think it'd help. Plus my jewelry pieces are more in the 30s so I should probably invest on some better gear. I mean, I can't expect gear to win my fight for me, but my character would almost never survive the unblockable attack in the middle of the fight, even with the pillars.

Ken

Garuda is a tough one. Are feathers/plumes being killed fast enough to keep as many rocks up as possible? Otherwise you could try Stoneskin on yourself before that attack.

WolvenOne

Got my PS4 upgrade set up and installed. Kinda surreal to be back in the game after so long. I'll probably try and pick up where I left off in the story, which was
Garuda
. I think not being able to beat it kinda put a damper on my playing and was a good part of why I stopped. I'd like to try again. If I can beat it before the free weekend event ends, I'll probably end up adding another month.

I'm a level 46 White Mage and I'm missing the last two Job specific armor pieces. I'm wondering if it'd help to grind till 50 for the pieces first to tip the scales in my favor. Does the gear sync make it fruitless? I'm rocking a lvl 41 robe right now so I'd like to think it'd help. Plus my jewelry pieces are more in the 30s so I should probably invest on some better gear. I mean, I can't expect gear to win my fight for me, but my character would almost never survive the unblockable attack in the middle of the fight, even with the pillars.

You're a WHM, that fight is more of a Tank check, get in with a competent party and you'll be fine.

Garuda is a tough one. Are feathers/plumes being killed fast enough to keep as many rocks up as possible? Otherwise you could try Stoneskin on yourself before that attack.
Been a while since I tried lol. I remember getting into many great parties and many bad ones. Some where I held the team together and others where I was probably more of a burden. I've read guides and watched videos on the fight but even then I'd get caught in an attack I already knew about going in. I remember several deaths because I'd get wiped by the mid-fight attack, and if I survived it I'd die a little later because couldn't get behind her quick enough.
You're a WHM, that fight is more of a Tank check, get in with a competent party and you'll be fine.
I remember the tank having a pretty large role in the fight but it's also the hardest fight I've faced yet and I hate letting people down :(

Ken

Been a while since I tried lol. I remember getting into many great parties and many bad ones. Some where I held the team together and others where I was probably more of a burden. I've read guides and watched videos on the fight but even then I'd get caught in an attack I already knew about going in. I remember several deaths because I'd get wiped by the mid-fight attack, and if I survived it I'd die a little later because couldn't get behind her quick enough.
I remember the tank having a pretty large role in the fight but it's also the hardest fight I've faced yet and I hate letting people down :(

She has a few moves where unless you're properly blocking the attack with pillars you'll die regardless of gear, unless you're a tank maybe. There's also a tricky teleport/wind slash whatever in the last phase that gets a lot of people, but you just have to be standing as far away as possible from her to avoid it.

Otherwise it's a lot of AoE damage they can be minimized with good positioning and awareness. I think the biggest pain is people clumped up after the reckoning, because when she lands she shoots out that AoE attack which can kill if you don't top people up.

Otherwise it's a lot of AoE damage they can be minimized with good positioning and awareness. I think the biggest pain is people clumped up after the reckoning, because when she lands she shoots out that AoE attack which can kill if you don't top people up.
Yeah I think that's an area I need to work on because I'd get caught out in the middle of an attack, and it's something that only improves with practice and experience.

Which attack? Because all the instant kills are telegraphed.
Probably all of them at some point or another ;_;

I'm usually pretty solid in the first half. It's when the pillars are gone that I start to get caught out. If I survive that mid fight attack then I'm scrambling to heal everyone's dangerously low health bars, which might contribute to my lack of awareness when the boss starts to telegraph the attack I need to be behind her for.

Tabris

I was watching some Savage Coil videos and dddaaammmnnn.

T7, 2 shrieks up at the same time where you need to place renauds facing each other on the outside while party is in the middle, while centre ring is blowing up.

Ken

Probably all of them at some point or another ;_;

I'm usually pretty solid in the first half. It's when the pillars are gone that I start to get caught out. If I survive that mid fight attack then I'm scrambling to heal everyone's dangerously low health bars, which might contribute to my lack of awareness when the boss starts to telegraph the attack I need to be behind her for.

General rule is to never be in front of the boss or where the tank is, and to not be next to anyone either lol.

WolvenOne

I was watching some Savage Coil videos and dddaaammmnnn.

T7, 2 shrieks up at the same time where you need to place renauds facing each other on the outside while party is in the middle, while centre ring is blowing up.

Yeah, I saw that, it's kinda mind boggling. Doable, but the margin for error looks immense.

Taruranto

5YSUn2i.jpg

Bloody hell, it's huuuge.

So Behemoth popped on Diabolos I decided to do it so I can get the mask for glamour(didn't care about it before). Holy fuck since when has he been able to cast meteor. I got bodied

Windam

Scaley member
So is grinding GC leves with the recommended level + bar set to the max considered a quick way to level up fast?

Ken

So is grinding GC leves with the recommended level + bar set to the max considered a quick way to level up fast?

Dungeons are faster. However, leves are still a good source of XP, though I don't recommend setting the bar to max for all types of leves.

If you do want to do the max bar thing, I recommend doing it with leves where you don't actually have to kill any enemies as it can get pretty dicey and take a long time; just stick with the ones that have you pick stuff up.

I am 10 silver brocades away from being able to craft 3 star weaver items. Lord help me, it took at lot of cash to meld to this point plus all the gathering. Now i am sitting at under 200k (hunting teles didn't help) with out an end game.

What can I sell at this stage to start earning my way back to the top?

Nooooo old lady glasses are ugly.

Totally not old lady glasses

I am 10 silver brocades away from being able to craft 3 star weaver items. Lord help me, it took at lot of cash to meld to this point plus all the gathering. Now i am sitting at under 200k (hunting teles didn't help) with out an end game.

What can I sell at this stage to start earning my way back to the top?

I'm not going to sit here and tell you what I sell but you should scan the markets and see what is selling and how fast. Find out what other crafters buy and bleed them dry. And for the love of all that is holy, list it in manageable quantities like 5 or 10.

If you have a gatherer, find what sells and get it. If you're at level 50, gathering and using maps are awesome. I have earned hundreds of thousands from map drops.

Totally not old lady glasses

I'm not going to sit here and tell you what I sell but you should scan the markets and see what is selling and how fast. Find out what other crafters buy and bleed them dry. And for the love of all that is holy, list it in manageable quantities like 5 or 10.

If you have a gatherer, find what sells and get it. If you're at level 50, gathering and using maps are awesome. I have earned hundreds of thousands from map drops.

Gah. The selling frequency thing is what throws me. I jeep forgetting that damn history button exists. I do scan the board, I just wish I could have my crafting window and the MB open at the same time to check out indrediants. Having to close out of each constantly sucks.

Prototype

Man really had fun logging in for the free weekend. Only had a chance to play today but I did all the current hunts and got a piece of Valor for my character. It's not much but it's pretty cool that I could jump on and get something in single game session.
Have a feeling I'll be returning to ff14 sooner then I thought.

Had a great night doing hunts last night. Fought four or five S ranks, a lot of As, and countless Bs. Capped soldiery in one night and got 3 books... So next week I'll cap soldiery again and get body then instant upgrade to i110 and use my spare books to upgrade my earrings and ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom