• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunan

I hate to sound noobish but what is all this "book" talk? It's something that comes after gathering the Atma stuff, but specifically what is it?

It's no problem to hear people using words a newcomer has never heard before, like "Syrcus Tower" and "Hildibrand quest" and "tomestone of soldiery", but when people use a word as ordinary as "book" but are clearly giving it a special-but-unknowable meaning, it's somehow unnerving.

Claymore

I hate to sound noobish but what is all this "book" talk? It's something that comes after gathering the Atma stuff, but specifically what is it?

It's no problem to hear people using words a newcomer has never heard before, like "Syrcus Tower" and "Hildibrand quest" and "tomestone of soldiery", but when people use a word as ordinary as "book" but are clearly giving it a special-but-unknowable meaning, it's somehow unnerving.

Its the quest after the Atma grind. You have to buy 9 books of 1500 myth per book. You can only do 1 book at a time. To clear a book you have to do tasks to clear a book, like kill 10 of these enemies, do this dungeon. The problem is you also have to clear 3 FATES per book, and some of these FATES are really rare to spawn. So that's why you have to camp and wait for it to pop.

IvorB

I managed to cap my soldiery doing hunts and dungeons last night. Then I had the grand plan to buy three Rowena Tokens and trade for the Elder Staff. Of course they're a different kind of Rowena Token. Over 300 soldiery down the drain and now two weeks 'till I can get the Evenstar Coat. I shouldn't make these type of transactions late at night with a clouded mind. So bummed. :-(

Ken

I managed to cap my soldiery doing hunts and dungeons last night. Then I had the grand plan to buy three Rowena Tokens and trade for the Elder Staff. Of course they're a different kind of Rowena Token. Over 300 soldiery down the drain and now two weeks 'till I can get the Evenstar Coat. I shouldn't make these type of transactions late at night with a clouded mind. So bummed. :-(

Yeah I'm not sure why SE made the item names pretty much the same.

Riposte

Hmm, jumping into any endgame content seems like a bad idea for me. Not sure if I still know how to play. I wonder how gimp my gear is now.

Glad to see I can finally display my The Sword of Eorzea title. It ought to be rather rare unless they added another means to get it.

Ken

Yeah exact same icon too. Would it have hurt them to at least make it a different colour? Is there anyway I can get this transaction reversed?

Support ticket but it's really not worth the hassle since it's just a temporary setback, IMO.

supergiz

Is there an app for android for the ffxiv clock or something similar? I just want the alarm feature to remind me when it's 9am eorzea time so I can gather my gold ore

Dunan

Its the quest after the Atma grind. You have to buy 9 books of 1500 myth per book. You can only do 1 book at a time. To clear a book you have to do tasks to clear a book, like kill 10 of these enemies, do this dungeon. The problem is you also have to clear 3 FATES per book, and some of these FATES are really rare to spawn. So that's why you have to camp and wait for it to pop.

Thanks, Claymore. They really should have given that stuff a distinctive name; at first I was getting it confused with the hunting logs (also a 'book') that each class has, and that also require people to defeat certain enemies.

Sophia

Ugh, with the addition of more Scholar macros for my controller, it's become even harder to play FFXIV on the PS4. I hope they offer a solution to keeping the UI consistent, even if I have to pay for it. -.-

aceface

So which is the biggest GAF guild? Roughly how big is it? I tend to like large guilds with a lot of chatting.

The biggest GAF guild is on Ultros. It technically has 450ish people in it, during prime time (evening hours US time) there's usually about 80-100 people on. There's a good amount of chat although I suppose hunts have lessened some of the FC channel chat.

Ugh, with the addition of more Scholar macros for my controller, it's become even harder to play FFXIV on the PS4. I hope they offer a solution to keeping the UI consistent, even if I have to pay for it. -.-

I'm not sure what you mean here- what macros did you add? I play scholar on controller and I never really felt like I've had any issues.

Sophia

I'm not sure what you mean here- what macros did you add? I play scholar on controller and I never really felt like I've had any issues.

I added a number of Scholar and Summoner macros so that the correct pet actions appear in their respective slots. So if I summon Eos, I get Fey Illumination in the slot. If I summon Selene, Fey Glow appears in that slot instead. And so forth for the rest of the pets and abilities. Essentially reducing the amount of slots I need to dedicate to pet actions to 4, regardless of which pet I use.

As there's no way to copy and paste these macros, I'd have to rewrite them all on the PS4. And THAT would be a pain in the ass.

aceface

I added a number of Scholar and Summoner macros so that the correct pet actions appear in their respective slots. So if I summon Eos, I get Fey Illumination in the slot. If I summon Selene, Fey Glow appears in that slot instead. And so forth for the rest of the pets and abilities. Essentially reducing the amount of slots I need to dedicate to pet actions to 4, regardless of which pet I use.

As there's no way to copy and paste these macros, I'd have to rewrite them all on the PS4. And THAT would be a pain in the ass.

Ah I get what you are saying now. Yeah I also play on PS4 and PC and having to redo all the macros is a pain. For Selene and Eos I just use different hotbars though. Hotbar 1 and 2 are the same for me except hotbar 1 has the selene abilities and hotbar 2 has the eos ones.

Riposte

Does anyone in the Sargatanas/legacy company even post here? I know they have their own forum.

Speaking of which I forgot Mister Happy is on my server, just saw him in person.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
finally ilevel 110! got 2 sands from 2 days hunting
tiring, but hunting really is the fastest way to progress
Still need one piece for that myself but it drops in T8 and I don't feel like wasting tomes on the soldiery equivalent... which isn't even BIS.

I'm still waiting for specific FATES to pop. I dont think 2.3 fixed anything regarding FATE spawn rates. This part of the quest is even worse than Atma grinding. Sitting in one place waiting for a FATE is horrible

It did the time between spawns are shorter and shorter as they pop

kiryogi

Banned
Does anyone in the Sargatanas/legacy company even post here? I know they have their own forum.

Speaking of which I forgot Mister Happy is on my server, just saw him in person.

Dno, do you mean the Free Company Legacy? Anyway he's from Sargatanas

Eldren

I have a question. I sold a Wolf Spinel Bracelet on the market for 19k gil after tax but I didn't receive the money for it. I know I didn't because I only had 18k before it sold so I'd have noticed my money more than doubling. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know what to do (and I really want that money.)

kiryogi

Banned
I have a question. I sold a Wolf Spinel Bracelet on the market for 19k gil after tax but I didn't receive the money for it. I know I didn't because I only had 18k before it sold so I'd have noticed my money more than doubling. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't know what to do (and I really want that money.)

It should be on your retainer.

Caelestis

If you talking about Red Dot, a few of us are around although OP info seems half out of date.

Eldren

It's okay. I didn't know about that at first either.

Well it's reassuring to know I wasn't the only one. I'll have to remember to keep checking that. Now I'm halfway to buying my own room in the house!

Also, on the topic of consoles not handling stuff, I participated in my first Odin FATE today. That was the first time my PS4 has lagged since I started playing, I've never seen so many people in one place. We got him down to 1% before he Zantetsuken'd us all :( I got a mantle though, so that's...something, I guess.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What? PS3 players can buy a PS4 you know.

True, but you would expect new content released to a console game to work properly (not speaking from experience here, I don't play on PS3 so I don't know if it's that bad). It's one thing to have an old PC that fulls under or just barely above the minimum specs and another to buy a console where the game is supposed to work well and doesn't.

kiryogi

Banned
Fill me in and I can update things

I am no longer leader, everyone is nongaf except for me. The leadership is as follows:

Leader: Rollan Kyojin
Officers: Eithne Rain, Dante Mccloud, Azie Sky, Lirre Yggdrasil, Cashan Vargas, Maxion Muiredach

GAFers that I know that do post in here from Red Dot: Caelestis, Relaxed Muscle, Omlet, Redfiend, Creid, WilsonGT, DrForester

The LS still exists.

We're probably still the 2nd biggest FC in terms of GAF membership, although that gap is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom