• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

gentleman aura!
ab4e6139.jpg

raen can get the glowing eye too apparently

IvorB

drg new lb is literally anji mito's instant kill from guilty gear lol!
i like the new magic circle effect when the blm is casting, probably a new flare, just hoping it's not called something dumb like flare 2

The effect looked like just regular Flare. I'll be pretty bummed if the new skills are just stronger versions of skills we already have.

Qvoth

someone mentioned the cast time is very short though if it's just flare, so maybe that magic circle effect is a skill that shortens cooldown

Tash

If I am not mistaken, we see the following in regards to new skills:

SCH and WHM starting to buff and seems like an advanced insta cast protect goes off by the WHM and the sound of succor and some shield effect from the SCH (advanced succor?).

A pretty cool initial attack from the PLD (advanced taunt I would assume)

A kickass fire attack by the WAR

DRG Swing

Some default casting animation by the SCH and camera pan

Cool jump attack by the bard

Monk Backflip attack that looks boss

WHM casting Stone III

BLM with really cool casting effect (advanced Flare?) I assumed the cast time was linked to the actual flare like end so yeah..probably advanced Flare stuff..

SMN skill either DD or pet skill? (Egis are bigger!) They also confirmed that Summoner is getting a pretty heavy revamp and Tri-Disaster is said to actually be made useful (took them long enough..)

Channeled/charged skill by the dragon and PAL shielding himself with really cool new effect.

New DRG LB 3 supposedly? Looks like he is summoning Midgardsorm in a pretty breathtaking animation attack.

IS every job getting a new LB or is it just a few select ones like DRG/BLM?

Quoting them again:

Additionally, we've had a lot of requests to create unique level 3 limit breaks, and we'll be doing this for each job. However, the existing level 3 limit breaks will be allocated to certain jobs. You’ll be able to catch a glimpse of dragoon’s limit break when we show the Heavensward benchmark off at Niconico Chokaigi 2015.

So I guess at least a few poor sods will be stuck with existing ones.
My guess is WHM will still have aoe res - and I hope SCHs get a unique one linked to mitigation, I am selfish like that. If we are stuck with the res one I am starting to get really pissed at everything related to SCH in the upcoming expansion...and might just go full Astrologist out of spite!

Right? Inflicting that on scholars so cruel.

I didn't want that Egi anyway! No, wait. They are bigger now. Yes, gimme!

Kyari

A pretty cool initial attack from the PLD (advanced taunt I would assume)

Its Shield Lob, followed by Riot Blade, followed by a new attack.

I assume the Shield Lob use was merely for show as the fight was being pulled and that Riot Blade being used before it is their acknowledgement that the new attack is the recently confirmed (and long awaited) second Paladin combo.

I assume (and hope) that it has some kind of buff or debuff and doesn't generate aggro.

IvorB

someone mentioned the cast time is very short though if it's just flare, so maybe that magic circle effect is a skill that shortens cooldown

Yeah definitely the cast animation looks different so here's hoping. I'm hoping for some meaningful mechanical changes/enhancements to the way the job operates. But then I have no idea what to expect since I've never really been involved in an MMO at a point of transition like this.

Tash

Its Shield Lob, followed by Riot Blade, followed by a new attack.

I assume the Shield Lob use was merely for show as the fight was being pulled and that Riot Blade being used before it is their acknowledgement that the new attack is the recently confirmed (and long awaited) second Paladin combo.

I assume (and hope) that it has some kind of buff or debuff and doesn't generate aggro.

OH yeah, I should have written, new combo (the upwards thrust in the end is new). I assumed it's a taunt/aggro since there was no shielding effect in the actual particles but that doesn't need to mean anything. I am just assuming away because I have nothing better to do until Monday.

creid

- There's gonna be a whole bunch of new abilities for battle classes, they all come from job quests, so there's gonna be more job quests than just at 55 and 60.
- There will be primal weapons for new jobs from old primals
- You'll be able to hire more retainers
- You can start as an Au Ra, provided you bought 3.0.
- There's gonna be some kind of new stuff for Wolves' Den, but not at release.
- Same with Gear Guide, planned but not in time for 3.0
- New GS attractions in 3.1, new TT cards in 3.0
What's gear guide?

Stuart444

https://youtu.be/RGOIF_7vuLw?t=448

It's in the benchmark. Only DRG, though.

If I had to guess I would say that the old LBs are going to BLM, MNK, PLD and WHM.

Pretty much what I guessed

MNK: Since
Yda used it in the cutscene
, I suspected MNK would keep it.
BLM: Meteor, nuff said
PLD: The more defensive tank get the defensive tank LB
WHM: Since they are more heals than shields, the Pulse of life one seems like a no brainer.

Kyari

OH yeah, I should have written, new combo (the upwards thrust in the end is new). I assumed it's a taunt/aggro since there was no shielding effect in the actual particles but that doesn't need to mean anything. I am just assuming away because I have nothing better to do until Monday.

I really hope its not. There's really no reason for them to give Paladin ANOTHER aggro attack. They need a non-aggro combo, and I assume the upwards thrust is intended to be it.

Also, Monk will 100% keep the melee limit break because its Final Heaven.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Just a heads up for some people that wanted a deal on Heavensward.

Check here http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

and see if Heavensward comes up for you on the list.

Right now it is showing as $29.99 for me with the Collector's Edition being $44.99, which isn't bad.

Q. How hard is Alexander Hard?
Y: About as hard as FCOB Savage ← ?!?!?!

There's no hope.

Hmmm. Does Alexander Hard have better gear than Normal, I wonder?

Or is it just same gear but hey you get titles or something. Maybe the ability to dye your Alexander gear.

Q. How hard is Alexander Hard?
Y: About as hard as FCOB Savage ← ?!?!?!

There's no hope.

The solution to only 2% of NA/EU clearing the current raid tier is to introduce an even harder tier. Squenix are such unrepentant geniuses.

Then again Squenix literally only designs for JP playerbase, where 10% have cleared the Final Coil, so maybe it makes sense in that context.

Hmmm. Does Alexander Hard have better gear than Normal, I wonder?

Or is it just same gear but hey you get titles or something. Maybe the ability to dye your Alexander gear.

They said they were thinking of cosmetics and what not, not actual better stats. Think those ugly glowy armor upgrades from alchemy, or dyable armor, stuff like that.

What's gear guide?

The "how to play your class tutorial" thing I think, with DPS meters(only for that place) and crap, WoW did that recently I believe.

aceface

The solution to only 2% of NA/EU clearing the current raid tier is to introduce an even harder tier. Squenix are such unrepentant geniuses.

Then again Squenix literally only designs for JP playerbase, where 10% have cleared the Final Coil, so maybe it makes sense in that context.

Introducing Alexander normal and hard is to address this. Alexander normal is to get the casuals through the raid and the raid story. On that reddit post they said it would probably be beaten first day. This way they are not designing content that only a small percentage of their player base is going to see. Alexander hard is for the 2%.

Pretty sure they said in earlier interviews that the two tiers would have different gear drops.

scy

What does it say about me that I can't wait for week 2 of Alexander Normal and people asking for nerfs / echo?

B-Dex

Submitted my app to return to Gather Against Fate. No officers are online on their mains. Someone go approve me. 💅

Valor

I saw this tweet from a Rooster Teeth guy on Twitter and figured it was applicable to this thread:

Just watched a woman order a pesto, garlic rub, green beans, asparagus, mushroom and lemon pizza.
What say you, pizza experts?

scy

Lemon?

Like ... not a lemon zest or anything but an actual just ... fuck you I'm a lemon?

A+ for style then.

I saw this tweet from a Rooster Teeth guy on Twitter and figured it was applicable to this thread:

Went from "fine" to "meh, I wouldn't order that" then back to "fine" before ending at "why would you do that to pizza".

That's if she ordered actual lemons on it though.

iammeiam

What does it say about me that I can't wait for week 2 of Alexander Normal and people asking for nerfs / echo?

I could answer this.

I could.

I don't like pesto, otherwise I'm fine with it? I mean, it's pretty obviously a cooked pizza crust with a bunch of veggies chucked on top. It'd get weird if they then stuck the whole thing in the oven and baked it, but it doesn't look like they did. I had to actually go check the Mod menu to make sure it's not something they offer; it's a weird line between California style pizza and the Mod Pizza Salad (which is exactly what it sounds like.)

Would you guys feel better if they used the word 'flatbread' instead of pizza.

Introducing Alexander normal and hard is to address this. Alexander normal is to get the casuals through the raid and the raid story. On that reddit post they said it would probably be beaten first day. This way they are not designing content that only a small percentage of their player base is going to see. Alexander hard is for the 2%.

Pretty sure they said in earlier interviews that the two tiers would have different gear drops.

I guess I'm the only person on Earth who sees an issue with the only 2 difficulty levels of the new Alexander raid being 'CT' and 'Savage Coil'. There's a reason why Blizzard has like 5 difficulty levels for WoW raids now, some people don't want everything to be faceroll or impossible with no in-between options.

scy

I could answer this.

I could.

the bait worked \o/

Is this what fishing is like?

Would you guys feel better if they used the word 'flatbread' instead of pizza.

I still don't understand the lemon. Maybe I need to try that and report back.

I still hate green beans, though.

I guess I'm the only person on Earth who sees an issue with the only 2 difficulty levels of the new Alexander raid being 'CT' and 'Savage Coil'. There's a reason why Blizzard has like 5 difficulty levels for WoW raids now, some people don't want everything to be faceroll or impossible with no in-between options.

And maybe we'll get there eventually. Besides that, I believe the more correct line was "between Final Coil and Savage" rather than "Savage level."

Until we actually see it, not entirely sure we can say much about the difficulty spread. I do agree it'd be nice to have a third one (aka, an actual "Savage" as we know it) but eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom