• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
This stretched-out marketing plan of "we'll hold events to tell you what's gonna be on next events" is seriously starting to piss me off.

So far the only interesting thing they said was that there's gonna be level sync in Lv50 instances. Zzzzzz.
How hard could it be possibly to add TP bars to party list? Since one (yours) is already there anyway? What's there not to "make in time"? I don't get it.

YoshiP has terrible taste in character designs, confirmed.

Well he plays a lala.

iammeiam

Au Ra females just cat girl 2.0. Bleh.

So far the only interesting thing they said was that there's gonna be level sync in Lv50 instances. Zzzzzz.
How hard could it be possibly to add TP bars to party list? Since one (yours) is already there anyway? What's there not to "make in time"? I don't get it.

PS3 limitations, I'm almost sure. They'd previously talked in OF about possibly making it so you could toggle between MP and TP bars on the party list, so I'm guessing they're running into the limit of how much they display on the PS3 at a time and are trying to work around it.

Ideally they just do toggle for PS3 and let the rest of us see both.

11738-ssj_goku.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
PS3 limitations, I'm almost sure. They'd previously talked in OF about possibly making it so you could toggle between MP and TP bars on the party list, so I'm guessing they're running into the limit of how much they display on the PS3 at a time and are trying to work around it.

Ideally they just do toggle for PS3 and let the rest of us see both.

Extended inventory interface isn't on PS3, for example. Well, even that took them a year to implement.

Well he plays a lala.

Eeeew. I knew there was a reason I never really trusted Yoshi.

All of those new abilities in the benchmark and SMN is still rocking Iffy, Tits, and Ruru. =/

They already said they are completely revamping SMN, it's just not being shown in the benchmark.

How can my Au Ra be possibly this cute?

Considering they are scaly and not fluffy, I'm actually impressed by how decent the Aura females look.

Sandfox

I'm probably going to change from a male midlander to a female Au Ra depending on what I can come up with in the benchmark.

chrono01

I'm kinda just tired of my current character and I like the scale look lol. I also, don't like that they made the males so bulky.
Haha, it's fine. I was just giving you a hard time.

Honestly, I'd be tempted to switch from Hyur to Au Ra too [male though, since I prefer playing classes of my same gender], but as you mentioned they made them so bulky and, since I play a casting class [who generally aren't as "well-built" as melee classes], I'm not sure how they would love in robes and such. I love their design, though.

So normal is CT and hard is Coil Savage...

I think some middle point is necessary here.

I hope is a genius plan, I don't want to have to use a keyboard.

My idea is that they're gonna do what's being done in certain korean action games, where instead of requiring 3 buttons for chains, you only have one button that then changes to the next step. If there's 2 different steps, then you'd need a button for each, but the the 3rd step would be the same button as the previous one, or if it's the 3rd that differs, the first 2 are the same button. You could cut a lot of buttons this way in the FF gameplay, at least for a bunch of classes.

Not every classes use combos though, but there's way you can also kinda reduce bloat in other abilities by using similar UI changes. Maybe macros that let you rotate abilities after one has been successfully cast, so for example /cast Venomous Bite /successrotatehotbar2button1 "Windbite" /cast Windbite /successrotatereset. When you cast Venomous Bite and it works(no miss), it changes the button to Windbite, until you cast it, then change back. Would also be useful for Monk combos where you could put the normally chained abilities on 2 buttons and everytime you use one step, it changes both buttons to the next step. Would need to make macros queue up though.

Other than that obviously, holding more buttons to show more bars, but that gets kinda clunky. Atm there's like hold R1, hold L1, hold R1 then L1, hold L1 then R1, add stuff like hold R1 then R2 then L1/L2 and what not. That'd probably be kinda meh though.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Damn you, Shonisaurus!! I'll get you next time. Next time...

Not particularly enticed by Au Ra. These original designs look a bit more interesting but knowing SE's modelling we'd probably end up with another batch of manladies with awkward proportions and terrible animations.
Guess I'd have made one with that "I partied all night and really need coffee" face if I had patience to keep a functional alt. Otherwise, cat 4 lyfe.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They basically said today that "Au Ra aren't really dragons... or dragons at all. So no Ishgardian persecution, bai." Snooooore.

inter

Hey guys, haven't played in quite a while and am thinking about coming back. Thinking about leveling a DPS class this time around (played MRD/WAR originally but didn't get to 50). How are dungeon queues for DPS classes? As bad as I might expect?

Zomba13

Like the possible dragon race concept.

That would have been better for the Au Ra. Could have the lore reasoning that they aren't dragon kin but more like lizards.

We won't get a race like that though because it'd be too much work for the story. You'd have to rewrite a bunch of dialouge with the Ishgardians if there was a proper dragon race. The Au Ra are just scaly Hyur.

It'd be nice if we got a unique looking race after FFXIV humanised the XI races.

Apoptomon

About the Au Ra, I think I like some of the concept arts shown (in Frumix's link and others) more than what I've seen of the final character creation options. Hell, I wouldn't mind if there were more 'beastly' options to balance out the "differently proportioned humanoids" look. But I guess time and an opportunity to try it out in the benchmark will tell.

Hey guys, haven't played in quite a while and am thinking about coming back. Thinking about leveling a DPS class this time around (played MRD/WAR originally but didn't get to 50). How are dungeon queues for DPS classes? As bad as I might expect?

The queues can be pretty bad yes, if you are lucky and people are farming for dungeon atmas/light then you might get faster queues.

Even as a healer on some instances I've had 20-30mins queues so.. yeah. It just depends on who is running what (and the time of day, of course).

Eldren

We'll probably never get more beastly/unusual/non-human races so long as miqo'te (particularly women) and midlanders are by far the most-played races. People on reddit are complaining about how much more interesting the Au Ra looked in the concept art, but when barely ~5% of the entire playerbase are Roegadyn (less than half of those being female), there isn't much incentive for SE to make giant scaly women as opposed to cute little waifs which they know will be popular.

FemRoe persecution complex, please give me more giant women in 4.0 YoshiP

Also I'm working on my WHM and I was running Haukke Manor earlier, the tank didn't tell me he was planning on making huge pulls and almost gave me a heart attack. Healing is fun but simultaneously hideously stressful.

I was going to do this in the giveaway thread but I wanted to do a FFXIV contest for it because it originally was for my FC.....and out of the 300 members...not a single one uses the forums lol. They Lucked out, whatever.

I'm giving away my GTX 680 since I just got a GTX 970

this one in particular its fucking huge

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007ZT2E1C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You can enter in this thread with the Title FFXIV Giveaway

that way I can search real quick, Cutoff will be tomorrow night by midnight Central Time. April 26th Midnight Central

Post your most breathtaking in game screenshot and I'll pick a winner by Monday

the screenshot cannot be altered! However external capture software can be used....because we all hate that watermark and quality :)

and hopefully get the card out by the end of this week! I work 12 hours so its not easy to get to the post office or UPS store.

I need to figure out how to import screenshots from Ps4. My video card fried and I'm out of a PC, and could use this 680, lol.

artsi

Yes, I finally got my first atma. I almost fell into despair.
Now I can do some other stuff than grind those level 5 fates.

1pDp8ZF.jpg

Still learning SMN, and remaining really confused about how to deal with short-lived targets out of Bane's range that need to go down very quickly, like spears in WPHM (occasionally) or Astrea in KotL. I'm not sure if there's enough time to dot and Fester targets like those, and in the case of spears, they can sometimes come out before I can get Aetherflow stacks back if the boss is getting DPSed fast enough to throw them out in succession. Is some combination of Bio/Ruin 2/auto-attacks/Energy Drain/pet the way to go here? People seem to recommend Energy Drain and Ruin 2 a lot, but it rarely feels like it's quite enough, and I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or if it's because of the other DPS ignoring the target. I'm leaning towards blaming myself since I'm still new at this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom