• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have had a Viera race...

mkxzObM.jpg

iaLuJOr.jpg

Laekon

So.. I'm considering picking this game up. I have lots of MMO experience and used to raid hardcore for many years in the past in WoW and other games, but don't have the time to do that anymore, so I'll be going casual this time and have a few questions.

What's the leveling experience like for a solo player? Are people patient in the lower dungeons with newcomers or is it rush rush rush? Are there any alternative things to do at max level besides raiding? Any recommendations on EU servers and maybe guilds (or whatever they're called here) that take in newbies and casual people?

I'm at lvl 38 and have run 6 or 7 dungeons so far. Not sure if I've just been lucky but people have been really good. I let them know right away I'm new and going to be watching the cut scenes. I've yet to run into a new tank though so I thinks that is a big part of it going smoothly.

Stuart444

I hope when the expansion is out, people post more pics of great views from the new areas.

Hell I don't want to enter the giveaway but I have an urge to go looking for nice areas to take screenshots now. This game has some beautiful areas!

I've been standing at my spot by the Floating City for a full game day and it's actually amazing how beautiful and realistic the day/night cycles are in this game. The lighting changes are spot-on during sunrise and sunset.

Only Qhon would take and keep pictures of catgirl chests

Croyles

Ishgard before sunrise. I couldn't get a good first person shot when I took this months ago.

The city had a sort of glow to it.
in retrospect, it fits great with the ending of 2.0 story line.

I've been playing this game since release and I had no idea you could see Ishgard...

Only Qhon would take and keep pictures of catgirl chests

I think he's showing some of the bad textures to try and be a funny.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm off for the night....really liking the screenshots posted. I'll extend this just one more day.

So if you are looking to get a great shot you have a little more time now. It will end tomorrow or April 27th at midnight central.

Can't wait to see what else gets posted lol at Ken though

after which I'll get info on where to send this to

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Do a lot of people play on PS3? I played the Beta on PS3 and it was pretty good, but I would imagine the hardware would struggle a little after seeing all these screenshots.

NeOak

Do a lot of people play on PS3? I played the Beta on PS3 and it was pretty good, but I would imagine the hardware would struggle a little after seeing all these screenshots.

It really struggle with large amounts of people, there is no free upgrade to PS4 anymore and the 2nd expansion won't come out for PS3.

If you can get a PS4, play it there from the start since you have to buy the game for the PS4 and buy the expansion there too.

B-Dex

I used to. It was fine for solo and dungeons. Raids and large groups of people get dicey.

It really struggle with large amounts of people, there is no free upgrade to PS4 anymore and the 2nd expansion won't come out for PS3.

If you can get a PS4, play it there from the start since you have to buy the game for the PS4 and buy the expansion there too.

Or get one of those $400 Alienware Alpha mini-gaming PCs, as it will beat the crap out of the PS4 in FFXIV performance.

Qvoth

well seems like originally they want au ra to actually be a dragon race, but since it's now more demonish they have to make some changes
tbh it's weird if au ra is still a dragon race, you wouldn't even be allowed to enter ishgard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom