• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

Pretty sure most DPS could live with being called shit every now any then and shrug it off.

A poor tank or healer tends to be extremely obvious in content from newbies to endgame. A lot of people don't seem to want that attention. That alone causes a ton of people to not want to do the jobs, I'd imagine.

That's the great thing about being DPS. Even if you want to call the DPS out, there's always more than one of us. So who are you going to blame? Could be anyone... :)

Phew, just got back from NYC. I made sure to have real pizza for everyone.

Anyway - just to confirm - I should use my soldiery tokens to buy the ilvl 100 gear? Is there any reason to not do that? I'm about to start the relic weapon quest so it's time for the ilvl thresholds and I figure this is the easiest way. Just want to make sure there's no better use for soldiery. And poetics I just save for the better gear?

iammeiam

That's the great thing about being DPS. Even if you want to call the DPS out, there's always more than one of us. So who are you going to blame? Could be anyone... :)

Oh to live in a world without ACT.

Although everyone would probably still blame the bard anyway.

Phew, just got back from NYC. I made sure to have real pizza for everyone.

Anyway - just to confirm - I should use my soldiery tokens to buy the ilvl 100 gear? Is there any reason to not do that? I'm about to start the relic weapon quest so it's time for the ilvl thresholds and I figure this is the easiest way. Just want to make sure there's no better use for soldiery. And poetics I just save for the better gear?

Soldiery is so ridiculously easy to come by. There are choke points in the relic quest where you'll need/want a ton of soldiery, but if you're massively undergeared and just starting relic you'll cap sold again way before that point. So spend soldiery freely, you'll just be getting a ton more anyway.

Poetics are only useful for gear at this point. Realistically you probably just want to gear up to meet the WoD minimum iLevel since next week you can just spam it to get infinite i120 (albeit much of it with shit secondaries, but it's workable filler.)

scy

blame ACT

Oh to live in a world without ACT.

Although everyone would probably still blame the bard anyway.

Without ACT, we'd just blame the one with less threat. Which would probably be the Bard that actually hits Quelling Strikes.

Funny how this works...

Stuart444

If I can't figure out which DPS is being bad (which could be not attacking the adds, a DRG not using heavy thrust AT ALL even after being told why it is good/they should use it, etc), I just blame all of them. Myself included if I'm fucking up (which I do occasionally. sometimes through cockyness and/or tunnel vision and stuff like that)

iammeiam

What about when you are on DRG? Who gets blamed?

Well. If I'm doing a thing on anything other than Bard, whoever was dumb enough to let me queue on an alternative job gets the blame because srsly who thinks I can do things?

ie let's not talk about how long I was 'stuck' at the start of Bloodborne until I found the ladder lever.

XenoRaven

You don't need ACT to recognize a BLM in Snowcloak who equipped accessories with no INT just to get into the dungeon and then unequipped them and then continually casts Blizzard and never Fire.

Can't wait for the ce fantasia to remake as au'ra male. The female character experiment failed big time for me. =(

Oh, totally forgot there's a gaf mumble too. Is it just used for raids or do people generally hang out too?

Jayhawk

ie let's not talk about how long I was 'stuck' at the start of Bloodborne until I found the ladder lever.

I got stuck the first night there too because I was sitting too far from the TV just to talk on mumble. If only I could play Bloodborne in this hospital waiting room because surgery is delayed due to complications with a previous patient in operating room.

Sorian

Banned
I got stuck the first night there too because I was sitting too far from the TV just to talk on mumble. If only I could play Bloodborne in this hospital waiting room because surgery is delayed due to complications with a previous patient in operating room.

When the first wolf killed me with only a sliver of its health left, I got pissed and didn't explore the dream (ie. I didn't get a weapon), beat the wolf to death with my fists, went out on the street and beat some of them with fists too, got to the first lantern and then realized I was a moron. Game has been easier since :p

XenoRaven

When the first wolf killed me with only a sliver of its health left, I got pissed and didn't explore the dream (ie. I didn't get a weapon), beat the wolf to death with my fists, went out on the street and beat some of them with fists too, got to the first lantern and then realized I was a moron. Game has been easier since :p
AWAY AWAY

Tabris

Not all of us have explored dress-up time.

$_35.JPG

+

http://www.yandy.com/school-girl-costumes.php?P=all (NSFW)

There ya go, have fun ;)

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Is Square-Enix's customer support generally slow? I was told that they would respond to my ticket in 1 or 2 business days, that was a week ago. lol So bad.

Is Square-Enix's customer support generally slow? I was told that they would respond to my ticket in 1 or 2 business days, that was a week ago. lol So bad.

I had an issue with the preorder code last week and sent two e-mails, one through the site and one to the address in the confirmation email.

The confirmation email message was replied to by the end of the day. Issue resolved.

I just got a reply to the site email this morning telling me they were on the case.

-_-;

Sorian

Banned

SE customer support is horrendous. If you feel the need to call on whatever your issue is, prepare to stay on hold for an hour of you're lucky with no hold music and constant ringing instead.

Edit: I'll use this opportunity to remind everyone that you should keep your emergency security key removal password in a safe place.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Thanks for the info. I'm locked out of my account, apparently my characters were deleted for RMT. I even have an authenticator, so not sure how that happened. I guess they'll respond eventually, I can't play until they do.

Edit: BTW, the process of trying to get back a character is ridiculous. They ask questions that are nearly impossible to answer for anyone that hasn't played in a while. Like exact times and dates, character levels, etc. I didn't even remember my server name. haha

WolvenOne

Well, two bits of news came out today.

1: They're changing the music you hear while riding Magitech Armor to, Terra's Theme from FF6, apparently.

2: FFXIV's ISP is having maintenance starting late today, and going into this weekend, whiiiiich is probably going to cut into most of my remaining time to clear T13 before lockout ends. Shame, considering my groups into the final phase now. Hardly the end of the world, but still a shame.

iammeiam

Well, two bits of news came out today.

1: They're changing the music you hear while riding Magitech Armor to, Terra's Theme from FF6, apparently.

2: FFXIV's ISP is having maintenance starting late today, and going into this weekend, whiiiiich is probably going to cut into most of my remaining time to clear T13 before lockout ends. Shame, considering my groups into the final phase now. Hardly the end of the world, but still a shame.

Source for the duration of the second? I linked the lodestone maintenance notification last page; it's just three hours tonight from everything I've seen. It's a reschedule of the ISP maintenance that got canceled at the last minute a week or so ago.

Plenty of time for T13 fun. Final phase should just need a few clean attempts?

WolvenOne

Source for the duration of the second? I linked the lodestone maintenance notification last page; it's just three hours tonight from everything I've seen. It's a reschedule of the ISP maintenance that got canceled at the last minute a week or so ago.

Plenty of time for T13 fun. Final phase should just need a few clean attempts?

Well, we only started getting into final phase a few days ago. March as a whole was kinda a bust for us, because of numerous scheduling problems, so the past week has really been the first time we really seriously made a crack at progressing through T13. As such, we still have a little bit of a consistency issue, when it comes to getting to last phase, though it's visibly getting better every run. As such, we're probably going to need another few days to really nail down the little details.

Unfortunately, we have two different people out of town starting Friday, until Sunday. So today and Monday are our last days to get it down. So the ISP having maintenance, about when we're planning to run, is a bit disappointing. With any luck though, nobody in our group will be affected, and we'll be able to practice normally.

*knocks on wood.*

Also.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...a-Center-Network-Maintenance-(Mar.-26-Mar.-27)

At second glance, I think I misread the maintenance times a bit. Though, doesn't change my situation.

iammeiam

Unfortunately, we have two different people out of town starting Friday, until Sunday. So today and Monday are our last days to get it down. So the ISP having maintenance, about when we're planning to run, is a bit disappointing. With any luck though, nobody in our group will be affected, and we'll be able to practice normally.

*knocks on wood.*

Yeah, that's the thing I linked--depending on when you guys start, it might be worthwhile to reset the instance at 8:45-ish. If this goes like last time everything is fine until you zone, so having everyone in the instance when maintenance starts might buy you an hour?

Patch maintenance on Monday is probably going to be a problem, though. Good luck.

WolvenOne

Yeah, that's the thing I linked--depending on when you guys start, it might be worthwhile to reset the instance at 8:45-ish. If this goes like last time everything is fine until you zone, so having everyone in the instance when maintenance starts might buy you an hour?

Patch maintenance on Monday is probably going to be a problem, though. Good luck.

We're going to try starting early on Monday, but, yeah. Most of us are expecting to have our time cut short by maintenance. Still, at least we can say we gave it our all, and if we get it shortly after being unlocked, that's fine.

I mean, I gotta keep reminding myself, this group started pretty late, and our progress has been fairly decent when accounting for that.

XenoRaven

Do I have to put my pre-order code for Heavensward in Mog Station somewhere? I got a code, and I don't really know where to put it. I tried "Enter Item Code" and "Add Game Time Card". Both said the code was invalid. I don't know anywhere else on the Mog Station to enter codes.

Sorian

Banned
Do I have to put my pre-order code for Heavensward in Mog Station somewhere? I got a code, and I don't really know where to put it. I tried "Enter Item Code" and "Add Game Time Card". Both said the code was invalid. I don't know anywhere else on the Mog Station to enter codes.

They opened up a special website to input the code, I don't have the link handy but the email with your code should have the instructions.

WolvenOne

Okay, bored, so, 3.0 Wishlist. I should clarify, this is more, things I'd like to see during the whole 3.0 to 3.55 run, not just the initial expansion.

1: A version of Gilgamesh that drops Genji Weapons.

Go ahead and make it a non-canon Minstrel fight, I want my Genji weapons dagnabit!

2: Beastmen daily crafting quests, that are meant to take you from the 40's to high 50's.

The Ixali quests become pretty ineffective for leveling purposes, once you hit the 40's.

3: GC Free Frontlines PVP.

This one needs no explanation, Frontlines isn't fun enough to justify forty minute plus wait times.

4: Belias Primal.

We know he's out there, and it's suspected he's the primal of the Gigas's (Gigasi?) that didn't migrate to Mor Dhona. Might as well use him sometime in 3.0.

5: More wall-mounted furniture.

We've got, what, fish, clocks, a few lamps, and a few heads you can mount on the wall. This is not a compelling selection, and I have a few bare spots on my walls. Maybe give us a selection of tapestries to hang on our walls?

6: Battle Square

Just take dungeon bosses, tweak them, randomize the order, and throw on random debuffs between fights.

7: Cheaper Shark Oil!

Wai you make me spend so much on X-pots! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom