• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

I've beaten FFXIV ARR.

Time for FFXIV Heavenward.

Story delivers. Rather have had that vs a new primal fight honestly.

EDIT - And yeah, turn off shouts. So many story megatons dropped in this that it's very easy to spoil and troll. I was telling Asami he should drop them on /fc to troll ;)

Oh, and I'm 3rd on server in Triple Triad Tournament by losing 20 times in a row ;)

I guess I can't put this off if I want to avoid spoilers. Abandoning this thread and everything FFXIV related until I can get home from work and finish this.

Omnicent

I'm still at the 2.5 story, but looks like I'll be taking my sweet time this week to get caught up on everything. Should be fun.

studyguy

The temptation is so stronk
I glanced at spoilers but don't know any details!

pF7Gm.jpg

Sorian

Banned
Still going to post my impressions in here but I'll cross post if another thread opens. Incoming black lines:

Like damn, first let's start off with the Sultana is dead. I called it, it was not a surprise, there was a cup motif from the beginning of 2.5 so poison was obvious. I'm happy about her death, moving on.

Right when we got into the sultana's chambers, I put 2 and 2 together and figured out why we had picked up a useless vial earlier that no one in their right mind would have held on to. I think it was a dumb and a bit of a stretch but I forgive it because I like where it brought the story. I'm going to jump around a bit but I love that we are entering Ishgard as fugitives from the rest of Eorzea because honestly, I expected that they were just going to march us in their as the saviors of the realm and I'm so happy they didn't go that boring route.

Let's cover Raubahn next, like damn. Like holy shit damn. He straight up murdered the most annoying fuck in this story, no ceremony, no speeches, no special treatment, rage mode and cut down. Everything with Raubahn was hype as fuck. He went full Asura's Wrath mode and I loved it. "My left arm" lol indeed, he was a boss through and through and the only thing that makes me sad is the conclusion of all of this storyline will most likely make it so that he is not head of the flames anymore. He's either going to die (which would be a shame but I expect it now) or he will survive through it all, be absolved of his crimes, but not feel comfortable about leading a grand company after he let his emotions take the better of him. The situation is already pretty much laid out, that new lala that showed up might as well have had a sign painted on him saying he will be the new GC leader. Which I think I'm ok with, dude seemed cool.

Let's touch on the scions though after my initial hype, I'm not as pumped here. FIrst, let's get it out of the way, it's cute to think they all died heroic deaths and for a moment, maybe it was true but we didn't see the bodies so it's obvious they are going to show back up in a very pivotal moment in 3.0 to save the day and reveal they are alive. For bonus points, Angary will be upset because they are going to say Minfilia went back and saved everyone, somehow with Hydaelyn magic. I will say, I did enjoy both the duo scenes. Yda and lala monocle, and Thancred and Y'shtola both had pretty badass hold the line scenes while Minfilia looked on in uselessness so points for that.

Let's talk about the epic heel turns though. Both got me the most even though the second one is pretty ambiguous and probably isn't as big of a heel turn as I hoped. So Ilbert is a fucking boss. Like I didn't see that betrayal coming at all. They set up the blond eye patch guy as such a red herring that I started ignoring him but man, I didn't see Ilbert turning coat at all especially this soon. He absolutely destroyed Raubahn and I look forward to a trial fight against him. Then the after credits scene. Like Urianger, wtf. Now I think this was just there for shock value, which I'm cool with because it worked. The only reason I say that is because we don't really know the white ascians goals to well but I've always assumed he's been working counter to the rest of them, so I'm not really banking on Urianger being some super duper turn coat but I was taken aback when he walked out of the shadows. Literally the last person I would have expected to be doing anything even remotely not on the up-and-up.

So yeah, I'm pumped. 3.0 can't come soon enough. They did still leave some plot points open, one evil lala made room for another evil lala so nothing really resolved IMO and the garleans are still on that backburner. I do have a question though. The lala who was the adopted son of somebody. Who was his father, I didn't recognize the last name they used and I want to say they were talking about Raubahn but that seems way wrong.

During my time writing all this, I do realize a spoiler thread was posted, so cross posting over there now.

(DRG quest spoiler) so when you enter Aymeric's room can anyone explain
how the black dragoon survived? i thought he was blown to bits in the level 50 drg quest?

I have a copy of this for PS3 which i've never played, as my PS3 is at a friend's house... just realised the free upgrade expires tonight, is there any way of upgrading without my PS3, can it be done online at all?
Really want to play this on PS4!

neoemonk

This thread is torture for someone like me (just hit level 50 for the first time on Saturday). I haven't even finished the 2.0 story quests.

Also, I have an alt on Sargatanas. Any chance I can get him into the GAF FC there?

Qvoth

just finished it....
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
ASJDBNKVBZJSDVBLJSBHNV
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yoshida is insane i tell you

Jayhawk

Maybe I should catch up on story cutscenes.

Or I will just go back to playing Bloodborne after first day of work post-surgery.

zeopower6

Some guy keeps teleporting to random populated areas in Leviathan and pasting the same sentence full of every happening in the story. It's like jesus, people are still in the middle of all the cutscenes. >_>

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Some guy keeps teleporting to random populated areas in Leviathan and pasting the same sentence full of every happening in the story. It's like jesus, people are still in the middle of all the cutscenes. >_>
This is why I set myself to busy and set my chat tab to Event. Completely ignoring everyone.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Shit I am getting the itch once again to come back. All the patch talk is driving me crazy. I should hold a month before Heavensward though :p

I have a copy of this for PS3 which i've never played, as my PS3 is at a friend's house... just realised the free upgrade expires tonight, is there any way of upgrading without my PS3, can it be done online at all?
Really want to play this on PS4!

Anyone know?

I have two codes in the box, one I redeemed in the PS webstore, the other I am trying to enter on the Mog Station site but it says it's invalid.
The code I have is 6 letters, 3 numbers, 6 letters, 3 numbers, but there are 5 four-digit boxes to enter the code on the site.
I'm so confused!

suzu

I think you have to log-in at least once on the PS3 FF14 client before it allows you to upgrade to the PS4 version.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Alright, I beat FF14! Looking forward to all the new cutscenes to skip in Heavensward!

Wish they had unlocked poetics. I had way too much stuff to spend them on before they even added tomestones. Now I'm super boned.

studyguy

Why don't we have a mount music selection yet?
I swear I recall at some point someone brought up the suggestion during a live letter.

WolvenOne

Ugh, want to get home and finish playing through the story quest, stupid job, stupid responsibilities and crap.

Also, avoiding everything FFXIV related for fear of spoilers is driving me nuts. XD

So, I'm trying to figure out how to see a list of people online in a FC in game. On wow I'd just type "/who guildname" and it would list everyone online... the /who command doesn't work in this game it seems and I can only find a way to search for players names and not FC members. Signed up for a FC on their site and was told to just message anyone in game for the invite and yet I can't figure out how to see the players on.....

Laekon

Are raids or higher ilevel dungeons barriers to seeing the story quest? As a casual player I don't plan on spending a lot of time working on gear once I reach 50 so I'm sure there is plenty of content I won't unlock before the expansion drops.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to see a list of people online in a FC in game. On wow I'd just type "/who guildname" and it would list everyone online... the /who command doesn't work in this game it seems and I can only find a way to search for players names and not FC members. Signed up for a FC on their site and was told to just message anyone in game for the invite and yet I can't figure out how to see the players on.....

you can use lodestone to find members. it won't say whether they're online or not though

WolvenOne

Are raids or higher ilevel dungeons barriers to seeing the story quest? As a casual player I don't plan on spending a lot of time working on gear once I reach 50 so I'm sure there is plenty of content I won't unlock before the expansion drops.

Well, Coil and Crystal Tower have their own optional side stories, but you don't, "have," to complete them to see the main story. I might add that Crystal Tower is pretty darn easy, so it's not much of a barrier.

As for dungeons. You do have to complete a few higher ivl dungeons to see all of the main storyline, however, it's pretty darn easy to meet the ilvl requirements these days. You can buy the armor you need via an end-game currency, and dungeun drops will about cover the gaps if you don't want to spend much time gearing up.

Most people hit the ilvl requirement for the last few story dungeons within a week or two after hitting level 50.

Rewards for the quest "The Gift of the Archmagus" have been adjusted as follows:

After:
Allagan Catalyst
Choose from: Carboncoat, Carbontwine, Encrypted Tomestone

cosmiccagew9bxv.gif

oh and umm cool about the new story stuff, i guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom