• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There's a list of items on tomorrow's LL!
1. Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward Opening Movie World Premiere
2. Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward: Introducing the List of New Features
3. "Final Fantasy XIV: Flames of Truth" screening
4. Developer Talk Show featuring Visual Works director Kazuyuki Ikumori

Source

No, the article doesn't say what THAT is.

Zomba13

I think if they were to be closer tot he JP spell names they'd need to be changed slightly. Like, Inspiration Tactic for a magic spell is kinda weird but just calling it Inspiration? Sure. Have Adloquium be Encourage (it pretty much means that anyway but I only know that because I googled it). Sacred Soil could be like, Defensive Formation or something. It fits the ability (prevent damage) and works as it's a circle you need to be in (like a kind of formation, and SCH are all tactics). I'm ok with Leeches as they were used to cure ailments and are a more "scientific" method of healing as opposed to WHM which is straight up magic. Could also be called Cleanse but I dunno if that has been used?

The ENG names are fine if you google the meanings of them, they fit the JP use for the most part it's just that they use words almost no one knows the meaning of off hand unlike something like encourage or inspire.

studyguy

There's a list of items on tomorrow's LL!
1. Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward Opening Movie World Premiere
2. Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward: Introducing the List of New Features
3. "Final Fantasy XIV: Flames of Truth" screening
4. Developer Talk Show featuring Visual Works director Kazuyuki Ikumori

Source

No, the article doesn't say what THAT is.

Oh. Fun.

New feature request: Be able to initiate a leve while mounted

-_-

In that regard, any master miners out there? Any tips? Currently level 15 which I think where I can actually get serious with gear?

studyguy

Well you look excited.

post-36481-pretending-Im-not-excited-gif-Ag04.gif

Remember,
dedgaem.
I'm waiting for Bahamut to reck my anus later today.
If not suffering through 13, it's suffering through my FC mates fucking me in chocobo races.
I suffer. But I am excited after that news.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
New feature request: Be able to initiate a leve while mounted

-_-

In that regard, any master miners out there? Any tips? Currently level 15 which I think where I can actually get serious with gear?

You don't really need to get serious until 50. Do try and keep your clothes sorta caught up every ten levels or so though I guess???

WolvenOne

Heh, you know, weird thing is, even after T13, it still feels like Bahamutt should be lurking around somewhere, ready to plunge the world into chaos at any given moment. I think this is because of the lack of fanfare surrounding Coil. Dunno, I guess when I saw the end of an era video, I pictured the eventual fight to involve massive armies and stuff.

Granted, it would've also been hugely impractical to have people fight the full sized version of Bahamutt. XD

PS: My Static seems to be cursed with the Dreadwyrm Fending coat dropping, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and..... XD

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can't believe I'm doing the song and dance with DD and AV for zodiac drops so soon after finishing my first one. I honestly don't even know what's wrong with me.

You don't really need to get serious until 50. Do try and keep your clothes sorta caught up every ten levels or so though I guess???

Boo. I wish there was a slightly quicker way to level but there really isn't. It's quite the grind. It's enjoyable to do while watching something but, man, it's quite the grind. I just found out about the GC books so I'll use those as well.

PS: My Static seems to be cursed with the Dreadwyrm Fending coat dropping, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and..... XD

I want that coat so fucking bad. I may or may not have had dreams about it.

Lunicia offered Mary 10 mil to roll on it and deny me.

Bros before Gil. Mary wont let me down.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Heh, you know, weird thing is, even after T13, it still feels like Bahamutt should be lurking around somewhere, ready to plunge the world into chaos at any given moment. I think this is because of the lack of fanfare surrounding Coil. Dunno, I guess when I saw the end of an era video, I pictured the eventual fight to involve massive armies and stuff.

Granted, it would've also been hugely impractical to have people fight the full sized version of Bahamutt. XD

Sounds like you're suffering from success.

WolvenOne

RNG gonna RNG. My group has 7 monk coats from this tier.

Our summoner wants to put Garuda Egi into one of the Fending Coats, so she can stop worrying about Ruda occasionally getting killed off by AoE's.

Plus she's convinced Ruda Egi would look fabulous!

WolvenOne

I still have yet to see MNK boots ever drop from T11. I need to join one of those farming groups one of these days.

Need Tank pants for T12, and a few accessories, and that's it as far as BiS pieces for my main class. Granted, I need more stuff for Dragoon, but that's pretty optional, seeing as I haven't taken my DRG past T9.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I love Guildwork but god damn if I didn't just trade tell spam for live shout spam. If S-E doesn't want to do anything about RMT then that's fine. Whatever. Bots are paying customers too, I suppose. But I find it hard to believe that they can't just hire some monkey to monitor the game's shout channels and delete characters that are RMT spamming in shout... It's literally the same few characters all day.

I love Guildwork but god damn if I didn't just trade tell spam for live shout spam. If S-E doesn't want to do anything about RMT then that's fine. Whatever. Bots are paying customers too, I suppose. But I find it hard to believe that they can't just hire some monkey to monitor the game's shout channels and delete characters that are RMT spamming in shout... It's literally the same few characters all day.

Yeah I feel like it's just 2-3 smart spammers who actually keep up with the community/are players themselves. It seems like they figured out quickly how to circumvent the pm filtering.

WolvenOne

Yeah I feel like it's just 2-3 smart spammers who actually keep up with the community/are players themselves. It seems like they figured out quickly how to circumvent the pm filtering.

I'm also starting to get Friend Requests, from bots that have near unrecognizable variations of Gilseller URL's, as character names.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Try and keep your gear somewhat up to date, but don't worry about gear too much early on. Biggest thing is keep doing those Evaluation leves as they give the biggest amount of experience. Use survival manuals from your grand company to help boost the XP you get from mining as well.

Good luck. Leveling gathering sucks.

Try and keep your gear somewhat up to date, but don't worry about gear too much early on. Biggest thing is keep doing those Evaluation leves as they give the biggest amount of experience. Use survival manuals from your grand company to help boost the XP you get from mining as well.

I don't think I'll have the time to be a master crafter so I figured this would be a nice way to generate a little income. I think. I hope? We'll see how the expansion affects prices and the new materials.

Stuart444

Eh, it's a relaxing thing to do which makes it fun as long as you don't go too balls in. If you do nothing BUT leveling gathering then yeah, it sucks. I just relaxed and listened to music half the time with MIN/BTN and when I do FSH, I'll probably escalate it to "Watch TV" and fish lol.

I also highly recommend Cordials. They help a lot with evaluation leves, especially the ones where you only need 4 instead of 8 nodes. (Starts in Coerthas I believe). I usually do -> Sharp Vision 3 (node 1) -> Click on hardest item in the node -> Sharp Vision 3 -> Click on hardest item in the node -> Cordial -> Sharp Vision 3 -> Click on hardest item in the node.

Though when my GP got higher, II instead just waited the extra minute for my GP to restore. The evaluation bonus is FAR more important than the speed of completion bonus. I also always set the difficulty to the max no matter what.

Also do your provisional mission every day, that experience adds up. If possible, farm the items yourself, don't buy them on the MB. That way you get more XP.

My BTN is 2 levels away from 50 now I believe. I could have had it at 50 any day if not for my relaxing attitude towards it lol.

tl;dr: Cordials, use them. Provisional Missions, use them. Have fun and don't burn yourself out.

I don't think I'll have the time to be a master crafter so I figured this would be a nice way to generate a little income. I think. I hope? We'll see how the expansion affects prices and the new materials.

Clusters. (level 50 unspoiled nodes in Mor Dhona - use ffxivclock.com to help with that when you're at 50). Sell them. I sell Water/Lightning/Fire Clusters daily now. It helps me fund my crafting stuff (though I can now reduce the costs using my BTN/MIN and only have to buy FSH mats for my crafters)

LiQuid!

While doing my 2nd set of dungeon atma, I'm running with an FC mate that is doing it for the first time. He has gotten his DD/AV and Haukke hard drops within 8 runs total among all our runs while I haven't gotten a single drop. I want to be happy for him but it took me over 60 runs between DD and AV to get my drops the first time and now I want nothing more than for him to feel pain. :(

chrono01

Heavensward PC Limited Edition finally available for pre-order in Canada!

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00VTIMKRI/

For $189.99

Yeah, I'll just keep my SE pre-order, probably not worth the effort to try and cancel just to save a few dollars. I was hoping it would be cheaper here, but our Canadian dollar really isn't helping things. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom