• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

jiggle

Also, I don't like the way they did magic, it is horribly overpowered. From very early on in the game you can pretty much be casting -aga spells and one shotting most enemies at least up until chapter 11 (there at the moment)
I like that it lets me cheese my way through harder contents early on

I dislike more that there are basically only 3 lines of spells

Gbraga

Just proceed with the story. You can come back soon enough.

Ok, I guess I'll explore the parts of the map I didn't see yet with Iris. Should be fun.

All I know is that I refuse to go to Altissia before I have all of the Royal Weapons I can get in the open world.

I could have sworn I noticed this during my own playthrough, it's a great attention to detail if true! Still only at chapter 8 but I'm sure of it.

They even comment about it on the radio in Chapter 5, that the sun is starting to set earlier. It's pretty cool.

Yes, you can. I did exactly this for several hours! But the locked section is also quite short and you'll be back to freely exploring in very little time.

I guess I'll continue, then, and go back to exploring later. I want to visit the Rock of Ravatogh :C

So you see game, when you are expecting me to fight a big monster like that humongous bird or various Mecha, why do you set your camera so high up that I can barely even see my guys doing whatever under that big enemy?

WHY.

It's exactly why I prefer the closer combat camera. You will definitely have to deal with more offscreen attacks and shit like that, but at least you can see what the fuck is going on when you're fighting large groups of enemies or something big. You can actually see Noctis and the enemies' attacks connecting, so it's easier to react.

Also, I don't like the way they did magic, it is horribly overpowered. From very early on in the game you can pretty much be casting -aga spells and one shotting most enemies at least up until chapter 11 (there at the moment)

I was actually positively surprised by magic when playing, because I always thought it would be complete garbage. I still dislike it, but it's more fun to use than I expected.

I hope this system never comes back.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Is there any way to see cities that I have not completed all of the bounties? I just hit level 60 and I'm pretty much out of missions and I only have a few bounties left so I must be doing something wrong considering I have one Royal arm to go and I hear people saying you need to be level 99 to beat the endgame content.

Maybe I missed a bunch of Bounties in town I didn't know had them?

jiggle

Is there any way to see cities that I have not completed all of the bounties? I just hit level 60 and I'm pretty much out of missions and I only have a few bounties left so I must be doing something wrong considering I have one Royal arm to go and I hear people saying you need to be level 99 to beat the endgame content.

Don't use hunts for xp

The max hunter level is 10, that should give you an idea of how many you have left. As you level up your hunter rank more and more will be available. Just check the map for the diners and visit them to check.

Jeffrey

Man I feel like im missing something obvious like... is there some skill tree or 'AI command' that I missed that makes your party stop sucking and getting wrecked by everything?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Who knows with ha. She's a proven phony after she ripped off the music from Fallout 4

What?

Link?

Man I feel like im missing something obvious like... is there some skill tree or 'AI command' that I missed that makes your party stop sucking and getting wrecked by everything?

Unfortunately no. Man, it would be extremely helpful if we can set up their AIs like "if you are poisoned use Antidote" or "if your HP is below xxx% use potion" or even "get to my position please you fuckwad" since right now every tough fight means you need to abuse the hell out of that R2 button :/

Minamu

Who knows with ha. She's a proven phony after she ripped off the music from Fallout 4
So both Metallica and Fallout 4? I also thought the gondola riding music in Altissia sounded really familiar, but I can't put my finger on what it rips off :/

There are some attacks that they will dodge if you dodge/parry them. You can use techniques for invincibility frames if you see a big attack coming, you can eat food or equip them a certain way to make them resistant/immune to elemental damage and status effects.

But there's nothing like a FFXII like system where you can tell them exactly what you want, no. Its probably the biggest weak point of an otherwise strong combat system.

Nydius

Late to the party but thanks to whomever initially linked the Google Play version of the OST.

For anyone else who downloaded it from them, I'm just wondering if it seems like the quality is a bit low to you? I know it says it's 320kbit/Joint Stereo but I dunno, it just sounds... poor to me.

Couldn't beat the price though.

So 118 hours in, Finally completed every side mission,beat all hunts, and cleared all sealed dungeons.

The final sealed dungeon is probably my favorite part in the entire game, my hands were sweaty and shaking, . It made me think about every weapon and accessory i equipped, every technique i was using, the food i was eating, every move i made. i really really really want a hard mode now. I want to play the entire game like that

MAX PAYMENT

I was at about 120 hours Noct lvl 99 everyone else lvl 96 with two vault dungeons left to go and a bunch of hunts I had completely missed because I probably only went to those restaurants once or twice towards the beginning of the game, when my JP import copy finally arrived yesterday and I started all over. Starting with FFVII I always played the import version first, so this was the first time in 20 years that I played the NA version first... and it felt so wrong. I decided I had to play the JP version, and just setting the text and voice to Japanese wasn't going to cut it, I had to have O as confirm and X for cancel. It's cool, in the JP version when you try to pick up an item you draw your weapon instead of jumping. =P

You bought the import version just to change x and o?

I did the Keycatrich sealed dungeon. Are the rest of them really shitty mazes full of monster rooms? Because some of those sealed doors are a pain in the ass to even GET to, let alone having a shitty dungeon to do afterwards.

Also what is the best way to get EXP? I just went from 70-83 because I had 220k banked and used the x3 hotel, but that took a long time to bank up that much.

I did the Keycatrich sealed dungeon. Are the rest of them really shitty mazes full of monster rooms? Because some of those sealed doors are a pain in the ass to even GET to, let alone having a shitty dungeon to do afterwards.

Also what is the best way to get EXP? I just went from 70-83 because I had 220k banked and used the x3 hotel, but that took a long time to bank up that much.

Yes they are all designed the same way, they just get progressively more difficult. They are meant to challenge your skills and push you.

To get level 99 put moogle charms on all your characters, eat an XP buffing food, create as many experiacasts as you can (use rare coins and banknotes) and go use them on enemies with high HP like the bandersnatch north of hammerhead, then when you get about 1 million xp go to the 3x xp hotel in Altissia.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I simply do not understand why people actually called FFXV's dungeons are "well designed"

More often than not, they are obnoxious with samey corridors paired up with labyrinthe mazes. Paired that with the camera acting like an idiot in closed, cramped spaces during battles and the frustration just adds up.

Mailbox

I simply do not understand why people actually called FFXV's dungeons are "well designed"

More often than not, they are obnoxious with samey corridors paired up with labyrinthe mazes. Paired that with the camera acting like an idiot in closed, cramped spaces during battles and the frustration just adds up.

That's only really true of costlemark. All the other ones (outside of the sewer gimmick) are pretty well handled and quite involved in their design. Calling them Labyrinth same-y corridors is just not true.

Dimmle

I legitimately think they're the highlight of the game outside of Costlemark. Atmospheric, D&D design, naturalistic aesthetics, mazelike layouts. They're a modern realization of classic FF dungeons.

There's a couple of dumb designs in the dungeons. Those damn headlights are well hidden in the sewers, having to warp strike during battle to the sealed dungeon in Daurell, and of course the absurd "puzzle" in costlemark. But other than those they are a great compliment to the open world.

The final sealed dungeon is the best part of the game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's only really true of costlemark. All the other ones (outside of the sewer gimmick) are pretty well handled and quite involved in their design. Calling them Labyrinth same-y corridors is just not true.

Well, let's see... the dungeon where you get the Bow of the Clever, the Sewer Dungeon... well alright, maybe my judgment was clouded by the last dungeons I played and how much I was annoyed by them, especially the Sewer dungeon, and how Noctis immediately vaulted like an idiot over a fence if you make him run even if you don't want to and thus you need to make your way around again and OH GOD THE BATTLE IN CRAMPED SPACES THE CAMERA IS A FUCKING MORON.

Adaren

The sewer one has really good level design, imo.

I enjoy every dungeon I did so far.

I also liked the sewer dungeon. The storyline dungeons though (Chapters 3, 5, 8 [I think]) were completely forgettable.

Like, they weren't aggressively bad. They were just kind of whatever. Linear caves woo.

Maybe I'll get around to checking out some of the post-game dungeons that everyone raves about someday. The
platforming
dungeon that everyone talks about sounds legit fun.

Dimmle

Well, let's see... the dungeon where you get the Bow of the Clever, the Sewer Dungeon... well alright, maybe my judgment was clouded by the last dungeons I played and how much I was annoyed by them, especially the Sewer dungeon, and how Noctis immediately vaulted like an idiot over a fence if you make him run even if you don't want to and thus you need to make your way around again and OH GOD THE BATTLE IN CRAMPED SPACES THE CAMERA IS A FUCKING MORON.

Something I didn't realize until the
platforming
dungeon: you can make Noctis run with Circle and he won't do the annoying auto-run that he does when you hold L3.

McBryBry

I'm currently making my way through chapter 10 and there's a few things I need to talk about.

I just got summon #4 for a progress point.

Good:
Game really punches you in the gut with Ignis out of commission. The switching from protecting Noctis to Ignis, missing his abilities, and watching him struggle is heartbreaking.

Bad:
I have no idea what the hell is going on. I get that the Empire attacked us, attacked Tenebrae, whatever. But how is Ardyn magically disappearing and reappearing? What's his damn motive? Also, I thought Shiva was dead, so how am I meeting with Shiva? Is Ardyn actually dead now? Probably not. Just confused.

Edit: A few seconds later and I see
Ardyn
is
still alive
. Still confused.

Adaren

Good:
Game really punches you in the gut with Ignis out of commission. The switching from protecting Noctis to Ignis, missing his abilities, and watching him struggle is heartbreaking.

The most emotional moment of the game for me was probably (Ch. 10)
when you're sitting around the campfire in the swampy area, and Gladio and Noctis are frustrated with one another, and Prompto just looks like he wants to cry. :(

I viewed the whole
train
sequence as a sort of
psychological thriller. Like, people are freaking out, Noctis is freaking out, Noctis pushes Prompto off a train and starts freaking out, Ardyn's popping up everywhere and messing with Noctis' head. Noctis' voice gets increasingly crazy.
I found that part pretty entertaining, though I also agree with people who found it disjointed.

So tomorrow is the winter dlc, right? Is Mariachi Noct outfit obtainable through the season pass or would I still have to buy it even with the season pass?

ramyeon

So tomorrow is the winter dlc, right? Is Mariachi Noct outfit obtainable through the season pass or would I still have to buy it even with the season pass?
Season Pass will get you the costume but none of the costumes are coming out till they're included in a patch in January.

Season Pass will get you the costume but none of the costumes are coming out till they're included in a patch in January.

Ohhhhhhh. 'nother question. Let's say I buy the season pass later on, can I still use to access this already released DLC? I'm sorry if the answer to this is obvious. I've never bought a season pass for anything.

ramyeon

Ohhhhhhh. 'nother question. Let's say I buy the season pass later on, can I still use to access this already released DLC? I'm sorry if the answer to this is obvious. I've never bought a season pass for anything.
Yes you can, they're DLC packs in the PSN Store, just can't add Holiday Pack + to your cart unless you've bought the season pass.

See my post on the last page for massive xp and gil.

Now that my semester is over I can play everyday!

QUICK QUESTIONS:

1) Can I organize the order of the items in the in-battle menu? How?

2) Why can't I activate ALL the Hunt quests at the diner? Do I need to finish one, activate another, finish that one and activate another? That's so stupid.

Thank you!

Minamu

Yeah, that's the song that got its own thread earlier. It gets remixed a few times for a few different fights, but that's one of the variations.
This is borderline MGS level of stealing imho. MGS was probably worse, but this has it beat in quantity. I've heard three songs that are strangely similar to other's music so far.

Darksol

Just bought this game for about 40 bucks in Japan. Thank you Square-Enix for undoubtedly overshipping and thank you used-game market that can cut a game's price in half a month after its release.

Honesty I'm not really looking forward to this. The gameplay will be mostly okay but the story seems a bit shit, even by FF standards.

BriGuy

The platforming dungeon is so stupid. Like I can see what I'm supposed to do, but can't do it because there's a huge goddamn dead zone with analog stick which means there's little leeway between inching along and busting out into a jog and off the ledge. And jumping is an iffy proposition to begin with, but then Noctis likes to throw in a seemingly random tuck and roll that propels you off the edge you just spent 5 minutes getting to.

Gbraga

The platforming dungeon is so stupid. Like I can see what I'm supposed to do, but can't do it because there's a huge goddamn dead zone with analog stick which means there's little leeway between inching along and busting out into a jog and off the ledge. And jumping is an iffy proposition to begin with, but then Noctis likes to throw in a seemingly random tuck and roll that propels you off the edge you just spent 5 minutes getting to.

Hold block and you'll force a slower speed.

Toth

I know we've disagreed a lot in the past, but I am glad to see you enjoy(ed) the game.

And I agree. I want a datalog/bestiary of sorts. Like everytime you find a Cosmogony book it is recorded in a codex/datalog of sorts.

Thanks Pshyco! I love every FF for their own merits (yes, even FF2) so I have yet to be disappointed. I am rather amazed what they were able to bring together in this messy project into a pretty cohesive package that can get away with being a little rough around the edge. Where 13 impressed me with world design, battle system, and deep lore, 15 impressed me with the really strong bonds the four bros shared through the game. This was a journey we all took together and Eos was well worth the wait to experience. Having a fantastic villain certainly helped, along with some amazing setpieces.

Though I still do not care for Tabata's story telling, I am feeling good about improvements planned for the game to further solidify the story threads and explore the bros more deeply. Seeing new FF players really getting into the game is refreshing as well.

Toth

I'm currently making my way through chapter 10 and there's a few things I need to talk about.

I just got summon #4 for a progress point.

Good:

Bad:
I have no idea what the hell is going on. I get that the Empire attacked us, attacked Tenebrae, whatever. But how is Ardyn magically disappearing and reappearing? What's his damn motive? Also, I thought Shiva was dead, so how am I meeting with Shiva? Is Ardyn actually dead now? Probably not. Just confused.

Edit: A few seconds later and I see
Ardyn
is
still alive
. Still confused.

Well, regarding the bad,
The game is establishing that Arydn is clearly not a simple human. As for why Shiva is alive, you have seen that Astrals cannot be killed, just sent back to sleep. If they were truly 'killable', you would not have been able to summon Titan or Leviathan again after their battles.

Top Bottom