• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

I'm still doing miscellaneous stuff waiting for the level stopper. Thank goodness for the Justice Monsters Five machine!

A shame that mini-game doesn't have a sense of progression other than getting treasure, the difficulty seems samey so you could just play it forever, it seems like.

benzy

eemycx.gif

-SG

I'm currently making my way through chapter 10 and there's a few things I need to talk about.

I just got summon #4 for a progress point.

Good:
Game really punches you in the gut with Ignis out of commission. The switching from protecting Noctis to Ignis, missing his abilities, and watching him struggle is heartbreaking.

Bad:
I have no idea what the hell is going on. I get that the Empire attacked us, attacked Tenebrae, whatever. But how is Ardyn magically disappearing and reappearing? What's his damn motive? Also, I thought Shiva was dead, so how am I meeting with Shiva? Is Ardyn actually dead now? Probably not. Just confused.

Edit: A few seconds later and I see
Ardyn
is
still alive
. Still confused.

I also just finished that section and also have no idea what is going on. I feel no attachment to any of the characters whatsoever and find myself struggling to figure out what is going on. I almost have to force myself to pay attention because I really don't find it very interesting.

Kaizer

Banned

Damn
, I suck at this game lol, how do I play like that? Is the Infinite Airsteps skill or just skill?

Also I just made it to Altissia, I know others have mentioned saving the Oracle Ascension Coins & stuff, where should I be selling these things & other items?

benzy

Damn
, I suck at this game lol, how do I play like that? Is the Infinite Airsteps skill or just skill?

Also I just made it to Altissia, I know others have mentioned saving the Oracle Ascension Coins & stuff, where should I be selling these things & other items?

Unlock the infinite airstep and MP regen after each air attack.

Mailbox

Damn

Infinite airsteps is called Airdance, and is part of the Ascension tree. It costs 333 ap though :p Pulling off what's in the gif isn't particularly hard once you get used to airdancing, but damn if it isn't effective or cool to look at :3

I'm gonna give a level 1 run of the game a shot starting tomorrow. I feel like some fights are gonna be pure hell, but otherwise I'll have a good time with the challenge

Doing side quests go meet level requirement for next story mission (and I always end up outleveling them because there are so many side quests). Chapter Three, feeling I'm playing Watch Dogs instead of Final Fantasy.

wmlk

Doing side quests go meet level requirement for next story mission (and I always end up outleveling them because there are so many side quests). Chapter Three, feeling I'm playing Watch Dogs instead of Final Fantasy.

Huh, I didn't even know there were level requirements. There aren't any for hunts, at least.

jorgejjvr

Hey guys, the game did an update and now the game is not taking the entire screen of my TV, there's black borders

So random

Any reason why? How to fix?

Only the in game as well, the ps4 menus look fine

Thanks

Edit: restarting ps4 did it and fixing the display area

Makeda

Hey guys, the game did an update and now the game is not taking the entire screen of my TV, there's black borders

So random

Any reason why? How to fix?

Only the in game as well, the ps4 menus look fine

Thanks

They updated the overscan issue so you need to go into the PS4 Screen menu and enlarge your display area.
Restart FFXV & you'll have your fullscreen back.

Chapter 13 spoiler

I felt that the Prompto being an MT reveal came completely out of no where, and had zero impact on the story or Prompto himself. Really it was a pointless reveal that I feel should have been cut:

Yup

Finished it tonight btw at 31 hrs

Game is an utterly adorable fucking mess (^_____^)

But Tabata and crew really did have their hearts in a genuine place and i sincerely thank them for that

Gvitor

I'm not sure how much of promptocam is random/scripted, but this one was taken on my game today and I felt like sharing. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it's easily one of my favorite features of the game.

nelchaar

Who in their right mind thought this janky ass game could pull off a grueling mindfuck of a platforming dungeon like Pitioss???

Now that my semester is over I can play everyday!

QUICK QUESTIONS:

1) Can I organize the order of the items in the in-battle menu? How?

2) Why can't I activate ALL the Hunt quests at the diner? Do I need to finish one, activate another, finish that one and activate another? That's so stupid.

Thank you!
1. Yes. You have to go into items in the main menu screen with party and from there, you can sort them out.

2. Sadly this is the limit. 1 hunt at a time. Hopefully they patch it.

Renmyra

I'm not sure how much of promptocam is random/scripted, but this one was taken on my game today and I felt like sharing. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it's easily one of my favorite features of the game.

That one in particular is scripted.

Minamu

That's one of the few that everyone gets taken. Looks good though so I get it :)

Mcdohl

Just finished the game.

Holy crap with that ending man. Superb.

Also, I don't understand the hate Chapter 13 got, it was something the game needed imo: to slow the fuck down after chapters 9-12. I personally enjoyed it.

The game was too ambitious though, and starting chapter 9 you can tell. Tenebrae not been explorable was a huge bummer.

Altissia should've been its own arc, culminating with Levi being the halfway point of the game.

Then Nifelheim Arc 3 and finally,

The World of Ruin should've been an entire arc on its own. It felt so rushed.

Something like that would've fleshed out the game properly, alongside some actual cutscenes and character development.

They should've cut back on the open world imo.

Still, I enjoyed the game, and I am really in love with that ending.

On to the post game!

I'm getting this game in the mail tomorrow, my first FF ever. A friend lent me the Kingsglaive blu-ray--exactly how crucial is it I watch it before I start the game? I'm eager to start playing.

Makeda

I'm getting this game in the mail tomorrow, my first FF ever. A friend lent me the Kingsglaive blu-ray--exactly how crucial is it I watch it before I start the game? I'm eager to start playing.

Kingslaive is great for setting up the reasons behind your road trip and understanding more about the characters that form Noctis' story. However, the movie takes place during Chapter 1, so by watching it first you will spoil the surprise of what happens at the end of chapter 1.

IMO I somewhat regretted watching it first, maybe you should start the game, play chapter one and then watch the movie, that way the plots of the movie and game will tie up better and perhaps make you more interested to continue your journey.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Well, you might find the game even more disappointing if you watch it compared to if you don't, so yeah.

Exentryk

Didn't have the patience for any more of the MSv2 accessory drops, so went and fought one of the superbosses
Naglfar
. Fight was over in 2 mins, lol.

Perhaps should go into dungeons next, or maybe Adamantoise?

Gorger

So after getting through this muddled story that felt incomplete at best I go through all of the credits and the ending scenes. Then when I get the 'congratulation for beating FFXV message' the game just crashes and goes back to XMB. I try to start the game again with a prompted message that says my save is corrupted. So now I have to redo at least one hour of gameplay plus the final fights again. Any motion I had for the ending is just gone, and I am now just feeling anger and disappointed.

The Leviathan fight was just poorly executed, the next chapters flew by ridiculously fast and 13 was such a poor constructed way to 'end' brotrip.

Being locked in what felt like a point of no return so early was stupid, and I really didn't like that I had to use Umbra to go back in time to go back to the open world. It just made me push harder for the end, and I am usually one of the guys who likes to do as much as possible before I end the game. It did not help that the world was incredible boring to explore and the side quests were mostly dull fetch quests with generic dialogue.

I will complete the game again then go back to the open world free from the main story and see if I like the end content and challenges. At least I will try and go for the platinum.

JSoup

Banned

The annoying part is certain photo point seems like they will always come up, but what you get IN the photo is random. Like, I got that one, but the lightening is blocking his eyes, so it's not as good.

Kingslaive is great for setting up the reasons behind your road trip and understanding more about the characters that form Noctis' story. However, the movie takes place during Chapter 1, so by watching it first you will spoil the surprise of what happens at the end of chapter 1.

IMO I somewhat regretted watching it first, maybe you should start the game, play chapter one and then watch the movie, that way the plots of the movie and game will tie up better and perhaps make you more interested to continue your journey.

Lmao the story is so forgettable I have forgotten what happens at the end of chapter one already. Whatever it was, it definitely isn't a nice surprise.

I don't know if it's because the game being a Japanese one or my region 3 copy of the game, but why is it that the confirm and cancel button prompts allocated at O and X? Can I switch them?

It's so trivial yet it's kinda driving me crazy.

Darksol

What the hell is up with the story? This is shit, even by FF standards.

I also feel like I won't enjoy side quests in a game for a long, long time, until developers start to emulate games like The Witcher III.

What a shame, because I enjoy the battle system and some of the side quests, and the music is serviceable.

Top Bottom