• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ahh, I see. Hmm, maybe play until you're around level 45-50 in chapter 9 and then use the item to stay on that level for the rest of the game. I think that level is enough not to be too overpowered for the second half and not too low to do most of the quests and hunts.
Hmm, that might be a better idea, yeah. I might still end up being overleveled at parts before endgame though, but I guess there's not much I can do about that in the end.

On another note, I just beat Chapter 2 and
I thought Cor's weapons were familiar and I couldn't remember why, and then I realized that they're both katanas that Dark Knights could use in FF3

Guys,

It's just the three canyons AP trick but with the Blitzer's Fanfare + Warriors Fanfare items from the DLC. It gives you 3AP extra if you get A+ grade on Time and Offense.

Got another 600 AP while waiting for advice on what to level up.
How does the shield factor into it, and what's the location people are using?

hohoXD123

Having finished the game it's obvious that many characters and plot points were cut, more so than any other game I've played. The potential for a great game with an interesting setting and characters with a lot of depth were definitely there, but it ended up as just a decent game with many plot points skirted over (instead put into the guidebook) and mainly superficial characters imo. The most annoying thing for me however was seeing the awesomeness that was
Altissia
when first being introduced to it only to then realise that you only have access to a tiny part of it. Could have seen it being my favourite RPG city ever if it was actually in the game. Not to mention
Tenebrae
being cut out completely.

Haven't gone into the post-game content yet, but at least the hype which began with seeing the FFvsXIII trailer all those years ago has finally reached a conclusion.

I'm going to ask again: did anyone win anything besides the Store points and DLC code for the Carbuncle Surprise sweepstakes? Because the fine print said emails would go out around the 12th and I won an iPad Pro but I've been getting nervous because December is almost over and no email or anything on Google. Anybody else win anything big and still waiting?

TIL Too Much is Never Enough is IN the game. It plays in all its glory during the Credits portion that you select from the main menu. Mind blown lol

Im ready to finish the game tonight, chapter
Level 80 across the board, safe to say im going to steamroll it. So close to that platinum.

I have reaaaally enjoyed this game :)

:D

Just press attack. He will fly around automatically and attack a target until it's dead AFAIK and then switch to the next, nearest one. I think you can change his general direction and current target with the left stick, but I can't confirm it.

No, that would only activate the Execution finisher attack (the fuller the Armiger bar the stronger this finisher is). I usually only activated it when the gauge was almost depleted, that way I could use as much of the Armiger as possible and then top it off with the Execution, which wasn't that much weaker than if you used it at full bar as far as I could tell at least.

Also pressing Triangle while using Armiger unleashes Noctis's "Limit Break" attack. (You know the one from Episode Duscae...)

Feel the hate on chapter 13 is way too high.

Then again after The Fade quest on Dragon Age Origins, if this is the worst quest in FF history then we are in good hands.

hohoXD123

Following on from my constant complaining about this game, I have to say that it has one of the best villains in the series.
Ardyn
is basically the amalgamation of the best aspects of the more notable FF villains.

Following on from my constant complaining about this game, I have to say that it has one of the best villains in the series.
Ardyn
is basically the amalgamation of the best aspects of the more notable FF villains.

Agreed!

Quoting myself from another thread:
I love how Ardyn takes aspects from all of the previous villains in the series. He hates mankind like Zemus, he ultimately wants to die like Exdeath, he's the lunatic right arm of an emperor like Kefka, he's a former hero like Sephiroth, he wants revenge like Ultimecia, he dresses fancily like Kuja, he's a parent of the protagonist like Jecht, he was manipulated by supernatural beings like the Shadow Lord, he thought he was the good guy like Vayne, he barely has any character development, and he is immortal like Lahabrea.

Anyway, love the game so much that I'm actually looking forward for the future updates. Hopefully it comes soon because I really don't mind replaying the story.

Have spent 110 hours on FFXV. Safe to say it is one of my GOTY for 2016.

Uhh I'm on chapter 5 about to
steal back the Regalia
and the environments randomly decided to have this weird pulsing red light on them every few seconds. Is this a bug?

Ruff

Uhh I'm on chapter 5 about to
steal back the Regalia
and the environments randomly decided to have this weird pulsing red light on them every few seconds. Is this a bug?

Hard to tell from your description but I think you might be talking about an effect that comes from the red force field that surrounds nilf bases.

LiK

I'm going to ask again: did anyone win anything besides the Store points and DLC code for the Carbuncle Surprise sweepstakes? Because the fine print said emails would go out around the 12th and I won an iPad Pro but I've been getting nervous because December is almost over and no email or anything on Google. Anybody else win anything big and still waiting?

Still no Cindymobile code here.

hohoXD123

Agreed!

Quoting myself from another thread:
He doesn't actually hate mankind though right? He seems quite indifferent to mankind, ultimately he wants revenge on those who wronged him and to finally die, he destroys the world and humans with it to achieve that goal but doesn't do so just for the sake of it. Looking at it like that, all of his goals were achieved in the end, yes the darkness was vanquished from the world but he didn't care about that in the first place otherwise he wouldn't have helped noctis along the way.

Platinum trophy GET.

Saved the Adamantoise for last. Was at level 74 and the fight took me 45 minutes. I envy those guys on Youtube that are level 99 and can do it in 6 minutes :<

And now I just
got the Regalia back from the imperials
and now I can't fast travel. What gives??

Can't use the return to car or return to rest point features either. Ugh

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Finally done with that tower, took me so long because of the loop. Thanks for the tips. Boss at lvl 64 was very easy lol, didn't even need to use the summon I kept saving for that moment. Now I think I'll try the dungeon without mobs and then I'm done with it. Not really interested in the 8 hidden random generated-like dungeons to be honest... they sound boring but I could be wrong.

I can't even manually save anymore and I'm not in an active main quest. What the fuck is going on?

Is this going to fix itself or should I load an old save and lose an hour's progress?

Anyone have problems like this?

Aaaaand, done!

I loved it, every second. Goes straight into my all time top ten. Going to clear all the stuff I haven't done yet soon.

Final chapter and ending were fantastic, great payoff!

So I tried the
adamantoise
fight for the first time after finishing the story (around level 65) and beat it no problem. Didn't take too long, I saved the video but haven't cut it yet so don't know exactly how long.

Now I'm just using the rubber band technique to get noctis to run in circles for survival skill and I will have the platinum. Takes forever though, I was just over level 9 and left it running for at least an hour and it only went up to about 20%-25% complete.

I finished chapter 13, went to
the dark world
and freaked out by the enemies, immediately
went back to the past
. What should I do before proceding with the next chapter, which I think is the final one.

Apt101

the dark world
went back to the past
. What should I do before proceding with the next chapter, which I think is the final one.

You can defeat the enemy groups easily at level 55-ish, even if they outlevel Noctis. The really high level mobs (70+) you can merely avoid - this includes enemies you'll come across on the way to the final conflict.
TLDR: you have to fight them

DC1

Feel the hate on chapter 13 is way too high.

Then again after The Fade quest on Dragon Age Origins, if this is the worst quest in FF history then we are in good hands.
Wait a minute homeslice!! You didn't dig the fade quest in Origins??
&#129300;

Epcott

I'm at Chapter 14 and at lvl 62. Should I take the time to go into the past to farm AP at the blockade near Ostium Gorge (and get Airstep for 333), then finally beat Costlemark for that sweet weapon, or just finish the damn game already?

Ishida

Banned
I'm at Chapter 14 and at lvl 62. Should I take the time to go into the past to farm AP at the blockade near Ostium Gorge (and get Airstep for 333), then finally beat Costlemark for that sweet weapon, or just finish the damn game already?

You are overleveled already.

Finish the game and then go back to do extra quests.

I don't know if it's because the game being a Japanese one or my region 3 copy of the game, but why is it that the confirm and cancel button prompts allocated at O and X? Can I switch them?

It's so trivial yet it's kinda driving me crazy.

Can anyone help? Is it switchable?

I'm new to the game and PS4.

Hydrus

Ok, I'm starting to really enjoy this game now. Got hang of the combat. Despite all its flaws, I cant stop playing. In my last post, I said this game felt like a 6.5/10 after 8 hours of play time. Now this is turning into a 8/10 after about 13 hours. Love running around in this world.

Trojan

OK I finally got to the point where I can tackle the
sealed and secret dungeons. I'm at level 99 with all characters.

How long will it take me to finish them all? Is it worth it as far as the funfactor and gear I'll get?

Trojan

Ok, I'm starting to really enjoy this game now. Got hang of the combat. Despite all its flaws, I cant stop playing. In my last post, I said this game felt like a 6.5/10 after 8 hours of play time. Now this is turning into a 8/10 after about 13 hours. Love running around in this world.

I went through this exactly, but it was prob 5-6 hours instead. Game has some definite story & continuity flaws but the combat, dungeon design, exploration and core upgrade loop are top notch and I'm having a blast.

After 3 hours of playing the game, I don't really understand the praise for the exploration aspect of the game. So far it's basically Ubisoft-esque open world design where you can 'scan' points of interest in the vicinity by talking to the bar/diner guy. The diners are basically the towers. Also, Regalia is so restrictive. I can't wait to finally get my hands on chocobos.

Trojan

After 3 hours of playing the game, I don't really understand the praise for the exploration aspect of the game. So far it's basically Ubisoft-esque open world design where you can 'scan' points of interest in the vicinity by talking to the bar/diner guy. The diners are basically the towers. Also, Regalia is so restrictive. I can't wait to finally get my hands on chocobos.

The exploration loop is what it is, but I found it very enjoyable as the game progresses. The "points of interest" - treasure, plants, metals - themselves aren't quests like Witcher or AC but they often lead you to areas that have hidden dungeons, enemies, or quests. So for me just exploring on my own was the best, the diner items it calls out were more like landmarks.

Also the first area is a boring esthetic but as the next areas open up they have some really cool design and layouts.

So if you can stick with it a few more hours I think you will be rewarded.

JBwB

If you plan on doing the post game content then you might as well finish it.

Nydius

OK I finally got to the point where I can tackle the
sealed and secret dungeons. I'm at level 99 with all characters.

How long will it take me to finish them all? Is it worth it as far as the funfactor and gear I'll get?

Personally, I got bored with the sealed dungeons after doing 4 and haven't bothered doing any more of them. I'll put the rest behind spoiler tags just to be safe.

They're just an old "follow path, fight enemy in room, open gate to next path" design, with rooms occasionally having 3+ doors so you have to choose and then backtrack if you choose wrong. Walk down hallway, enter room, kill between 1-6 enemies, repeat until you reach boss. It gets REALLY boring after a while.

As for gear, the problem I have is that the gear only exists to help you defeat the rest of the sealed dungeons and post-game content. It's not like previous FF's where there was a real desire to grind out the best gear before beating the game. Sure, you can get some pretty amazing pistols and broadswords and daggers but it feels a tad meaningless since the only use for it is other side-content instead of making progress towards an end goal.

Edit: Pitioss Ruins is worth it though and will leave you wishing they had done more like it throughout the earlier parts of the game.

The exploration loop is what it is, but I found it very enjoyable as the game progresses. The "points of interest" - treasure, plants, metals - themselves aren't quests like Witcher or AC but they often lead you to areas that have hidden dungeons, enemies, or quests. So for me just exploring on my own was the best, the diner items it calls out were more like landmarks.

Also the first area is a boring esthetic but as the next areas open up they have some really cool design and layouts.

So if you can stick with it a few more hours I think you will be rewarded.

I guess you're right. I just remember that I think I've found 2 random side quest while exploring. They're pretty simple though.

hohoXD123

the dark world
went back to the past

What level are you? Think I was level 39/40 around then. Finished the game at level 41. You can avoid most of the monsters which you can't beat there.

Lynx_7

Got my Platinum a few days ago,
Adamantoise
might be the easiest superboss in the entire series. Came in underleveled (lvl 63) and unprepared and I still beat it without much trouble, just takes a long time and the camera is a mess.

Sealed Dungeons
are kinda boring, which is disappointing considering how much I enjoyed the regular optional dungeons.
Gonna finish them up before giving
Pitioss
a try. Then I'll probably be done with the game until the story patches/DLC.

Top Bottom