• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Meliora

Huh,
Carbuncle
is in one of Prompto's pictures.
I play on normal and never seen him in game. Didn't know he could show up in pictures.

Mediking

Finally finished the Atlissa Arc... THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!

Quick impressions...

Camelia X Weskham

We need more moments like when Noctis and Camelia was negotiating. I felt like a king while I picked the choices I wanted Noctis to say. We need more stuff like that.

LUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Levithan was actually really hype. I really liked how she/he/it was angry as heck.

Ardyn, pls. Pls die already.

Noctis is showing growth!!! Yeah!!!!

Gladio.... lmao what kinda "tough love" crap are you spewing?!

You can defeat the enemy groups easily at level 55-ish, even if they outlevel Noctis. The really high level mobs (70+) you can merely avoid - this includes enemies you'll come across on the way to the final conflict.
TLDR: you have to fight them
I'm at lvl 51. I guess I'll have to level up a bit. I don't like to avoid enemies, it drains from the immersion. Thank you, all.

Mediking

Just installed the update.... why did the screen for the game shrink??? I saw somebody mention this earlier... why is there black borders around the game now?!?!?

j-wood

So I'm on chapter 12 and have a question.

The empire has been capturing and killing all these gods noct has been summoning right? If they have killed how can I summon them? I assume that's what gladiolus meant when they were talking about the days been shorter and he said the empire has already killed 3 of the 6 (I assume titan, the thunder god, and leviathan?)

What the fuck was Chapter 4?

Spoilers:

Ok. I can't believe people are defending this game's story. They had 10 fucking years to make this right, and the story is a complete mess.

What is the disc? The archeon? Luna met the Titan, so what?
They found out Ardyn is from the empire. You know, the guys who killed the fucking King and set the whole country in flames?

Then they get in his ship... and "a few days later" they mention NOTHING ABOUT THE ENCOUNTER and they are back in the field? And what is this time wasting thing to "listen to the stones" that Giordana or whatever her name is tells you?

I know that stories introduce unknown elements to explain later, but they usually DO provide some background or is at least not too crazy. FF XV takes to another level.

Seriously, they had TEN YEARS GUYS. TEN YEARS. Something really fucking macabre must have happened inside that studio. And the public will never know.

hohoXD123

I'm at lvl 51. I guess I'll have to level up a bit. I don't like to avoid enemies, it drains from the immersion. Thank you, all.

If you do that you may be overlevelled later on. I'd just continue, avoid the fights you can't handle then enjoy the boss fights more after.

Adaren

Spoilers:

Ok. I can't believe people are defending this game's story. They had 10 fucking years to make this right, and the story is a complete mess.

They found out Ardyn is from the empire. You know, the guys who killed the fucking King and set the whole country in flames?

Then they get in his ship... and "a few days later" they mention NOTHING ABOUT THE ENCOUNTER and they are back in the field? And what is this time wasting thing to "listen to the stones" that Giordana or whatever her name is tells you?

I know that stories introduce unknown elements to explain later, but they usually DO provide some background or is at least not too crazy. FF XV takes to another level.

Seriously, they had TEN YEARS GUYS. TEN YEARS. Something really fucking macabre must have happened inside that studio. And the public will never know.

You aren't alone. Of all of the game's jarring transitions, this was the most jaw-dropping for me. It feels like it transcends "bad" storytelling and becomes wrong storytelling. I'm surprised that more people don't talk about it.

At least it's memorable though, lol.

Kaizer

Banned
Gawddamn this Master Tonberry is moving like Yoda in Attack of the Clones LMAO! I was laughing while slightly terrified fighting it, had to finish that one in a hurry before he could do too much damage.

massoluk

Banned

Spoilers:

Agreed with ya there.

Epcott

The ending... I'm a little confused.

I searched the thread but couldn't find a post, so...
Noctis and friends die and are at a campfire in purgatory, shortly after Noct kills Ardyn's soul for all time? But what of the part with him and Luna at the throne? Is that just a "What could have been" ending that is a bit reminiscent of the end of Ico?

hohoXD123

The ending... I'm a little confused.

I searched the thread but couldn't find a post, so...
Noctis and friends die and are at a campfire in purgatory, shortly after Noct kills Ardyn's soul for all time? But what of the part with him and Luna at the throne? Is that just a "What could have been" ending that is a bit reminiscent of the end of Ico?

The campfire scene was before they enter Insomnia. The wedding scene is the afterlife.

Noctis' friends aren't necessarily dead, they're not at the wedding

Lan_97

So it seems like Cid is bugged in my game?

Currently in Ch3, I have:
- Engine Blade II, glass gemstone, sturdy helixhorn
- Drain Lance II
- Bioblaster base
- Circular Saw base
- Auto Crossbow base

But I have no active or available upgrade quests and Cid only talks about back pain or Cindy.

Am I being stupid or is there no faster way to finish these Altissia hunts without going on a fucking gondola to turn them in to Maagho every time?

- Drain Lance II
- Bioblaster base
- Circular Saw base
- Auto Crossbow base

But I have no active or available upgrade quests and Cid only talks about back pain or Cindy.

This is one of the common bugs. It eventually fixed itself for me but this was 100 hours into the game.

Am I being stupid or is there no faster way to finish these Altissia hunts without going on a fucking gondola to turn them in to Maagho every time?

You have to get on the boat, its annoying but you can skip ahead once you are on the boat.

Neiteio

Spoilers:

The bros have a nice long talk in the car following Ardyn, where they explicitly discuss how one god, Titan the Archean, caught the meteor at the Disc of Cauthess, holding it Atlas-style. There were other references to this previously, as well.

Luna is an oracle — she can talk to the gods — and she's awakening them so they will test the chosen king's worth. Other gods don't need to be convinced.

The gang isn't sure what to make of Ardyn; they had to go with him because otherwise they would've been burned alive. They apprehensively accepted his help and escaped the Disc, but they remain wary of him. Now they're back to their main goal.

Noc is enlisting the help of the gods and gathering royal arms to take back his kingdom... at this point in the story at least... and Gentiana is pointing you to the next god, Ramuh the Fulgarian. Meanwhile, Luna is seeking out Leviathan the Hydraean.

Hope this clears things up. The game establishes all of this well enough.

Lan_97

This is one of the common bugs. It eventually fixed itself for me but this was 100 hours into the game.

Oof. I guess I'll take a break from the game to see if it gets fixed or acknowledged. It's different from the common complaint I see of people waiting on Cid to call. In this case, he has nothing of mine and is offering no quests.

Otherwise, maybe I'll restart and see how that shakes out.

Just got to chapter 15.

Am I supposed to fight the enemies? They all one shot me with every attack, and I keep having my whole inventory depleted. Was I supposed to grind or something stupid?

- Drain Lance II
- Bioblaster base
- Circular Saw base
- Auto Crossbow base

Yeah he bugged in my game too, so I ignored him.

hohoXD123

Talk about hyperbole! I feel like people who struggle with this chapter have no patience and can't just enjoy the ride. It's a long and tricky chapter but it's interesting and thematically cool.
The setting is super atmospheric and haunting
The chapter was interesting initially because of the change in atmosphere but after going through the same corridors and being attacked by the same enemies which I am forced to defeat using the same attacks over and over again, it began to feel pretty damn boring and repetitive, there was nothing tricky about it. It wasn't so much that there was a problem with my patience getting in the way of enjoying this super well-crafted level, but that the level imo was repetitive and boring which got in the way of what they were trying to achieve.

8e37uIC.gif

Ingeniero

40 hours in.
Currently in chapter 6 with lots of side quests.
Also got the
Ultima Blade

I'm having a lot of fun, great game.

massoluk

Banned
Wow, Hours after finishing this game I just realized from another thread that I actually visited
Tenabrae
I mistook it for some random stopover

BriGuy

I'm level 85 atm. Would I be able to take on the
Adamantoise super boss?

I did it around level 65 or so, and probably could have done it a fair bit lower. It's not a tough fight at all. The first 2/3 of it the boss will barely do any damage to you, and after that point it's all telegraphed 9999 hit attacks. Even if they do hit you, you can just use a potion or whatever and keep on trucking. It's a battle of attrition, not skill.

Wow, Hours after finishing this game I just realized from another thread that
I actually visited Tenabrae.
I mistook it for some random stopover

One of the most disappointing aspects to the game is we didn't get to explore that place. It's so beautiful. :(

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man, post game content is a torture of R2 abuse... it seems like the bros, Prompto especially fucking Prompto, can't stay 5 minutes in a tough fight without we needing to abuse R2 for potions, elixirs, phoenix downs, remedies, antidotes, whatever....

Man if only we can set stuff like "use phoenix down if you are ko'ed" or "use antidote if you are poisoned" or "use potions if your HP is below certain%" ..................

Mesharey

That lvl 99 optional dungeon, it's extremely hard, like super hard, every monster encounter is like boss battle and you gotta learn the pattern.

No items ofc, any suggestions?

Jeffrey

Man, post game content is a torture of R2 abuse... it seems like the bros, Prompto especially fucking Prompto, can't stay 5 minutes in a tough fight without we needing to abuse R2 for potions, elixirs, phoenix downs, remedies, antidotes, whatever....

Man if only we can set stuff like "use phoenix down if you are ko'ed" or "use antidote if you are poisoned" or "use potions if your HP is below certain%" ..................

and the long animation for item usage (especially phoenix downs).

Caim

That lvl 99 optional dungeon, it's extremely hard, like super hard, every monster encounter is like boss battle and you gotta learn the pattern.

No items ofc, any suggestions?

Take plenty of Healcast of each element as well as some Quad/Quintcast, and eat Grilled Mighty Barramundi.

99 of any element + 99 Lucian Tomatos (can purchase from the Regalia) = 17x -ga at 216 potency with level 99 Healcast.

Elder Coeurls are only enemies in there that are immune to magic.

The Good Chamberlain accessory also still works even though items are restricted.

Finally finished the game.

At least Verendus wasn't lying about one thing: game of the generation.

Seriously, I know it's flawed and all, but it's handily my favorite thing so far this generation, and in my top 3 FF games (below 7 and 12).

rataven

Man, sometimes I really love this game, and then others I'm so. flipping. frustrated.

Got to the end of Chapter 13, and the freaking audio mix
got out of balance and Ardyn's speech was completely drowned out by Noctis' moaning as the crystal consumed(?) him. I usually play with subtitles but never needed them up until this very point.

All I think I made out of it is that Ardyn is a Lucis? Argh I have no idea what he was saying I'm so annoyed.

Neiteio

Man, sometimes I really love this game, and then others I'm so. flipping. frustrated.

got out of balance and Ardyn's speech was completely drowned out by Noctis' moaning as the crystal consumed(?) him. I usually play with subtitles but never needed them up until this very point.

All I think I made out of it is that Ardyn is a Lucis? Argh I have no idea what he was saying I'm so annoyed.
That's an awesome scene. Give me a moment and I'll link it to you with subtitles.

aparisi2274

So QQ. I am up to chapter 3 and am currently at lvl 22. Is that about where you want to be right now in the game?

What has been the avg lvl to finish the game? Just curious.

Just got to chapter 15.

Am I supposed to fight the enemies? They all one shot me with every attack, and I keep having my whole inventory depleted. Was I supposed to grind or something stupid?

You can skip all of them (I did even at level 80) except for
King Behemoth
but he's not hard at all. Then it's just 2 mandatory boss fights and you win the game.

Neiteio

Watch it with subtitles: http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=DW6ABggCqvY

Amazing scene.

What it means:
Long ago, Ardyn was the heir to the throne and a healer of the people. He absorbed the daemons into himself to cure the afflicted. But then another person, Izunia, said Ardyn was impure and the gods agreed. Ardyn was demonized and cast out by the people; he was denied the throne and the afterlife, as well. Then Izunia took his last name, and the gods gave Izunia the title of king instead. So Ardyn wants revenge against the line that "usurped" him, and against the gods. To achieve this, he's helping Noctis reach his full power so Noctis can become the Chosen King, the champion of the gods, the king who will end the plague of daemons. By killing Noctis in this state, he will have had his revenge against the new line of kings and the gods.

Mesharey

Take plenty of Healcast of each element as well as some Quad/Quintcast, and eat Grilled Mighty Barramundi.

99 of any element + 99 Lucian Tomatos (can purchase from the Regalia) = 17x -ga at 216 potency with level 99 Healcast.

Elder Coeurls are only enemies in there that are immune to magic.

The Good Chamberlain accessory also still works even though items are restricted.
Thanks!
Gotta try tomorrow, I'll probably use the best defense gear for everyone too lol.

Top Bottom