• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Koozek

ymVMlP8.gif
WTF, I played over 115h, got a Plat and never knew this was possible, lol. Is it one of the Chocobo's special attacks?

Mediking

I just finished the game..... somebody hold me. So emotional. I have so many questions too. Somebody please talk with me!!!

Ishida

Banned
I just finished the game..... somebody hold me. So emotional. I have so many questions too. Somebody please talk with me!!!

Most of the answers have been covered in this thread. But ask away! :)

EDIT: Whoops. For some reason I thought this was the Spoiler thread... :p

JCizzle

For some reason, i feel like the gaming community at large has kind of ignored how ridiculously good everything animates in this game.

Just watching how everything's individual muscle groups jiggle makes me so happy. The 60 FPS maxed out PC version of this game is going to be amazing.
Agreed. If only Bethesda games were animated half as well

Namikaze

Say what you want about the gameplay/story etc. but I think FFXV has the best soundtrack in the whole series. I've been listening to it non-stop; it's simply phenomenal. Might be my favorite vg soundtrack of all time.

Im fairly lenient on the story because well... stories in FF were nothing special to begin with. For every good story beats there will always be a few things that irked me.

FF5 felt too straightforward, 6 had some story issues near the end, FF7 had a lot of parts where it's a mess, FF8 had that weird 'we were friends from the orphanage!' Plot, 10 where I disliked the storybeat a lot. 12 wss also a mess.

But all were fun and had good points, which is why this game is still dear to my heart

Well except FFXIII. That was shit.

I don't own a Pro, I'm playing on a standard PS4, it's just a combination of cropping, resizing, and a little bit of post work on the footage like Ishida said above. For the actual footage I'll replay the same fight over and over sometimes, try to position the camera to get the best shot possible, I'll also do the same hunt over in different times of the day to see which lighting suits it better, try different weapons, different move sets etc. Sometimes I'll spend a couple of hours playing, having fun mind, but there's nothing I've captured that can be made into a gif and other times I might end up with 10 seconds off footage that looks cool that I can work with. All to get that one good looking shot. :D

Im fairly lenient on the story because well... stories in FF were nothing special to begin with. For every good story beats there will always be a few things that irked me.

FF5 felt too straightforward, 6 had some story issues near the end, FF7 had a lot of parts where it's a mess, FF8 had that weird 'we were friends from the orphanage!' Plot, 10 where I disliked the storybeat a lot. 12 wss also a mess.

But all were fun and had good points, which is why this game is still dear to my heart

Well except FFXIII. That was shit.

This game has barely any story in it. Well,I mean development. The games you mentioned had the story as a focus.

Koozek

I don't own a Pro, I'm playing on a standard PS4, it's just a combination of cropping, resizing, and a little bit of post work on the footage like Ishida said above. For the actual footage I'll replay the same fight over and over sometimes, try to position the camera to get the best shot possible, I'll also do the same hunt over in different times of the day to see which lighting suits it better, try different weapons, different move sets etc. Sometimes I'll spend a couple of hours playing, having fun mind, but there's nothing I've captured that can be made into a gif and other times I might end up with 10 seconds off footage that looks cool that I can work with. All to get that one good looking shot. :D
You're doing god's work, thank you! Been staying up-to-date with bookmarking your gifs and downloaded them too in case the links die (actually one of your posts' image a few days ago was dead when I saw it).

Mediking

Standard PS4 looks nothing like that. I admire your work but I'm looking at Noctis on my original PS4 and he does not look that good as in that gif. He just doesn't. In fact, Noctis' character model isn't that crisp or clean outside of cutscenes... and those aren't super crisp or clean either.

Toth

So I started a new game to do everything and I have noticed a few things I did not see in my last play through. AP seems to accumulate alot faster and I am getting AP for camping despite not unlocking that node yet. I also see more hunters out in the field. Finally, did the game always introduce Dave and give his full name?

I know you get this all the time but your work is awesome!

BriGuy

What should I consider an absolute prerequisite for taking on the postgame
LV99 no-items dungeon
?

A buttload of stocked -ga level magic (preferably with healcast tagged on it), the ultimate weapons, maybe some magitek armor (can't remember what it's called, but it's a rare drop from that ludicrous MA-X Angelus mech), a good meal before going in, and a lot of patience and spare time.

Is -ga the highest?

Technically no, there are super rare materials you can do to make things like electon.

Here's what i found really handy for the final sealed dungeon badcrumble

-3 ribbons
-Adamantoise meat meal
-Elemental blocking meal
-The ability that lets you press square after getting hit and giving you your health back (cant remember what its called)
-And the ability that lets you do more than 9999 damage with link strikes (cant remember what its called either, but it let me do 20-50k damage with link strikes).

Those all really came in handy, and like others said bring plenty of magic.

orioto

Good Art™
So after hating everything about what i tried and i saw about the game for 2 years i finally decided to give it a chance cause it was not expensive on PSn and i thought, at least i'll be able to grind and do the things i like in a rpg right ?

Of course i started and i hate everything about it with passion. This is the game that consumes your time for nothing. I played, i don't know 5 hours maybe and i achieved nothing. At no moment i had that freedom feeling i like in a rpg where you can actually become strong on your own terms, cause everything is so fucking complicated.

I hate the exp system cause i don't have that satisfaction of feeling my progression when beating enemies. I hate the battle cause, even after trying 2 demos and the tutorial many times and playing many hours, i can't just handle everything that is going on. I'm focus on trying to control Noctis in that mess, and i barely notice what is happening with the other guys. You're meant to watch their health, interact with them, while messing with the camera to avoid walls/bushes, pressing square when asked, being focused on the enemy moves...

And when i watch the battle skills to learn, i realize it's just gonna be worse and worse as i'll have the ability to combine jump in many directions. In a classic rpg you win things that makes you stronger. In FFXV you win things that makes the game more difficult to control.

The game loves having you walk for minutes for nothing, in dry empty lands without enemies. It's basically filled with sidequests. They are not sidequests. They are the game. Your start with them basically. It feels like they worked on the engine then had to fill the game with something.

I'll let you guys quote me forever and hate me anyway. I must not be fitted to that era of gaming i guess. Cause everything i like about rpgs, everything.. it's like FFXV is trying to go the opposite direction.

Lexxism

Technically no, there are super rare materials you can do to make things like electon.

Here's what i found really handy for the final sealed dungeon badcrumble

-3 ribbons
-Adamantoise meat meal
-Elemental blocking meal
-The ability that lets you press square after getting hit and giving you your health back (cant remember what its called)
-And the ability that lets you do more than 9999 damage with link strikes (cant remember what its called either, but it let me do 20-50k damage with link strikes).

Those all really came in handy, and like others said bring plenty of magic.
Wow, I didn't know this. It feels like I missed a lot of things in this game.

So after hating everything about what i tried and i saw about the game for 2 years i finally decided to give it a chance cause it was not expensive on PSn and i thought, at least i'll be able to grind and do the things i like in a rpg right ?

Of course i started and i hate everything about it with passion. This is the game that consumes your time for nothing. I played, i don't know 5 hours maybe and i achieved nothing. At no moment i had that freedom feeling i like in a rpg where you can actually become strong on your own terms, cause everything is so fucking complicated.

I hate the exp system cause i don't have that satisfaction of feeling my progression when beating enemies. I hate the battle cause, even after trying 2 demos and the tutorial many times and playing many hours, i can't just handle everything that is going on. I'm focus on trying to control Noctis in that mess, and i barely notice what is happening with the other guys. You're meant to watch their health, interact with them, while messing with the camera to avoid walls/bushes, pressing square when asked, being focused on the enemy moves...

And when i watch the battle skills to learn, i realize it's just gonna be worse and worse as i'll have the ability to combine jump in many directions. In a classic rpg you win things that makes you stronger. In FFXV you win things that makes the game more difficult to control.

The game loves having you walk for minutes for nothing, in dry empty lands without enemies. It's basically filled with sidequests. They are not sidequests. They are the game. Your start with them basically. It feels like they worked on the engine then had to fill the game with something.

I'll let you guys quote me forever and hate me anyway. I must not be fitted to that era of gaming i guess. Cause everything i like about rpgs, everything.. it's like FFXV is trying to go the opposite direction.

Nobody is gonna get mad at you bro, everyone has different tastes. I'll try to give you some tips.

Try using wait mode if the action is moving too quickly for you, wait mode is also great because you can scan the enemies and see what they are weak and strong against.

As a general rule of thumb, you should be aiming to get behind the enemies because most of them will allow you to do a link strike.

Keep stocked up on potions and elixers.

Dont feel pressured into doing side quests and hunts if you dont want to do them, especially before chapter 3. Chapter 3 unlocks chocobo's and you can get around much faster.

And dont worry, most of the game is not a desert, you will get to the lush enviornments soon if you keep going.

orioto

Good Art™
Nobody is gonna get mad at you bro, everyone has different tastes. I'll try to give you some tips.

Try using wait mode if the action is moving too quickly for you, wait mode is also great because you can scan the enemies and see what they are weak and strong against.

As a general rule of thumb, you should be aiming to get behind the enemies because most of them will allow you to do a link strike.

Keep stocked up on potions and elixers.

Dont feel pressured into doing side quests and hunts if you dont want to do them, especially before chapter 3. Chapter 3 unlocks chocobo's and you can get around much faster.

And dont worry, most of the game is not a desert, you will get to the lush enviornments soon if you keep going.

Thx for the tips!

But you know it's not about the difficulty actually. I put the game in easy mode, i didn't die. I mean it's more about not having fun.

I killed the spider woman thing in the ugly resident evil like cave. I killed it, but i could barely see what happened, nor appreciate its design actually. It was just crazy camera in a small room with uninspired decoration. I was stoned at some point but i never really understood why or what visual feedback was showing me when it was about to happen..

I think what i always hated since the first demo is how you feel like the battle is just not really in your hands. And the light come on. That first skinny wolf fight in a garage to save some guy, dave i think. Amazing. I could not see them at all with the shadow in the room. I just saw the sparks.

jackdoe

Just completed the game. The story was a hot mess, but nowhere near the abomination that was MGSV's story. In many ways, XV reminds me of XII. Really shoddy story telling that disappears for long periods of time and then re-appears with unearned twists that fall flat but barely managing to stick a landing for the ending.

Koozek

I replied to your other post a few days ago, but I'll ask here again: don't you think that maybe after 15 years of not liking the series it might be a good idea to just stop following it? The other day you were angry about people praising FF OSTs that weren't composed by Uematsu. In 2016. At some point you should let it go.

IIRC, you've been in FFXV threads since I joined GAF in '13 and you've been always complaining about the same things for more than 3 years now. I'd rather use that time and energy for stuff you enjoy. If you want the same old JRPG formula there are tons of those traditional games on every platform these days. FF is not the series if you want to keep playing the same game you played in the 90's. On the other hand, who knows, if you're lucky maybe FFXVI is less action-based and less modern/futuristic. This is the beauty of this series. You never know what's next. And if you stay open-minded you have more things to enjoy.

Top Bottom