• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

orioto

Good Art™
I replied to your other post a few days ago, but I'll ask here again: don't you think that maybe after 15 years of not liking the series it might be a good idea to just stop following it? The other day you were angry about people praising FF OSTs that weren't composed by Uematsu. In 2016. At some point you should let it go.

IIRC, you've been in FFXV threads since I joined GAF in '13 and you've been always complaining about the same things for more than 3 years now. I'd rather use that time and energy for stuff you enjoy. If you want the same old JRPG formula there are tons of those traditional games on every platform these days. FF is not the series if you want to keep playing the same game you played in the 90's. On the other hand, who knows, if you're lucky maybe FFXVI is less action-based and less modern/futuristic. This is the beauty of this series. You never know what's next. And if you stay open-minded you have more things to enjoy.

I know right and the worst is that i bought it. It's basically masochistic.
But my dislike of FF since the 10th is more artistic. I actually loved FFX and FFXII in term of game play. Even in FFXIII i could enjoy what i generally appreciate in an rpg, gameplay wise. Until now i could always appreciate modern FF and have fun with them.

Koozek

I know right and the worst is that i bought it. It's basicalyl masochistic.
But my dislike of FF since the 10th is more artistic. I actually loved FFX and FFXII in term of game play. Even in FFXIII i could enjoy what i generally appreciate in an rpg, gameplay wise. Until now i could always appreciate modern FF and have fun with them.
Oh, I see. Thought you didn't like them even gameplay-wise since FFX. Yeah, well, then let's just hope FFXVI is more to your liking. FFXV just isn't for you, it seems, and that's okay.

Zafir

Im fairly lenient on the story because well... stories in FF were nothing special to begin with. For every good story beats there will always be a few things that irked me.

FF5 felt too straightforward, 6 had some story issues near the end, FF7 had a lot of parts where it's a mess, FF8 had that weird 'we were friends from the orphanage!' Plot, 10 where I disliked the storybeat a lot. 12 wss also a mess.

But all were fun and had good points, which is why this game is still dear to my heart

Well except FFXIII. That was shit.

But all those games, besides XIII(which also had similar problems but not to this extreme), they told their plot. You didn't feel like you skipped a few pages with those stories. Yeah. some of the plot points are a bit crazy, and maybe some of them felt like plot holes, but you get told most of the information you needed.

XV, just doesn't. It expects you to read a plethora of different external sources to get story information, such as watching Kingsglaive/Brootherhood or reading that novel they released. Even in the game, half the story events happen off-screen.
Your dad died? Off-screen so they shoved in a freaking Kingsglaive scene. Luna going through all of these hard-ships summoning the Astrals? Off-screen. Jared died? Off-screen. Ignis lost his eyesight? Off-screen. Everything about Ravus? Off-screen. Everything about the Empire including their demise? Off-screen.

orioto

Good Art™
Oh, I see. Thought you didn't like them even gameplay-wise since FFX. Yeah, well, then let's just hope FFXVI is more to your liking. FFXV just isn't for you, it seems, and that's okay.

That's not ok i bought it 46 euros lol. I'm going to play it anyway and hope it clicks at some point.

Oh and why are the music so low and played randomly on the map. Like suddenly after some bush there is a nice Shimomura music that stops at some point without any reason then an other starts 3 meters further.. It's really difficult to associate a mood to a place in the game.

Havok1313

Was not able to get the key for the sealed dungeons, couldn't figure out why. Apparently I missed a whole dungeon, Daurell Caverns. It's on a part of the map that just looks like mountains with no path going to it. Then just the sealed dungeons and some hunts left to tackle and I guess I'll be done.

Still wish there was a good way to farm AP besides warp-striking dogs for hours.

Why does
flying
suck, locations can't pass etc, just bad.

I wish the camera was pulled back more and the engine was a bit quieter.

But all those games, besides XIII(which also had similar problems but not to this extreme), they told their plot. You didn't feel like you skipped a few pages with those stories. Yeah. some of the plot points are a bit crazy, and maybe some of them felt like plot holes, but you get told most of the information you needed.

XV, just doesn't. It expects you to read a plethora of different external sources to get story information, such as watching Kingsglaive/Brootherhood or reading that novel they released. Even in the game, half the story events happen off-screen.
Your dad died? Off-screen so they shoved in a freaking Kingsglaive scene. Luna going through all of these hard-ships summoning the Astrals? Off-screen. Jared died? Off-screen. Ignis lost his eyesight? Off-screen. Everything about Ravus? Off-screen. Everything about the Empire including their demise? Off-screen.

I still can't believe the emperor and general (well, I call him general, that old dude that talked to Ravus in front of the emperor) have like half a minute of screen time and script. Even Ravus has so little time on screen...

Even Regis judging from the trailers looked like he was going to be a big presence in the game but no, just two miserable scenes.

ymVMlP8.gif

This is what it feels like when I upgraded from mostly sub 900p on xbox to a ps4 pro.

Koozek

That's not ok i bought it 46 euros lol. I'm going to play it anyway and hoping it clicks at some point.

Oh and why are the music so low and played randomly on the map. Like suddenly after some bush there is a nice Shimomura music that stops at some point without any reason then an other starts 3 meters further.. It's really difficult to associate a mood to a place in the game.
Refund?^^

Yeah, the music implementation for the overworld music is bad unfortunately because when it plays it's interrupted by the battle music all the time and even when you're just in the menu (such a baffling decision). Btw, first thing I did was setting Music and Radio to 100, and Sound Effect and Voices to around 50 or so in the Audio settings. Much easier to actually hear the music that way. What's cool, though, is the way music changes in towns/outposts depending on where you are (like adding or changing instruments when you enter a building or go further into the town etc.). Loved that.

jackdoe

The problem is that Kingsglaive straight up contradicts the characterizations set forth in the actual game, so watching the movie will fill in some blanks but also create some gaping inconsistencies. It definitely leads credence to rumors that there were massive rewrites late in development (late enough that they couldn't change what they had already animated probably) and reminds me of how Halo 4 and 5 handled their expanded universe (very poorly).

Zafir

The problem is that Kingsglaive straight up contradicts the characterizations set forth in the actual game, so watching the movie will fill in some blanks but also create some gaping inconsistencies. It definitely leads credence to rumors that there were massive rewrites late in development (late enough that they couldn't change what they had already animated probably) and reminds me of how Halo 4 and 5 handled their expanded universe (very poorly).

Oh, I don't disagree about the contradictions.

Ravus is the best example, where his portrayal in the film is completely different to the game.

Not that you even see him much in the game though, so *shrug*, lol.

Edit: Although I will say I think this is just a symptom of missing story. Ravus for example, that could have been solved through character development, but it just didn't happen. So instead you see two extremes.

Nutter

Just completed the secret dungeon for Costlemark and while it was not too tough, it was annoyingly long.

Is this supposed to be the toughest secret dungeon?

Afrocious

Questions:

1) Do hunts count as side quests? I'm hoping they count toward the side quests truophies.

2) I'm level 52 and in the post game. How are you folks getting to 99? I hunt until I have a bunch of 40-50k XP and then spend 30k Gil in that one hotel that gives 3x XP

Mesharey

Questions:

1) Do hunts count as side quests? I'm hoping they count toward the side quests truophies.

2) I'm level 52 and in the post game. How are you folks getting to 99? I hunt until I have a bunch of 40-50k XP and then spend 30k Gil in that one hotel that gives 3x XP
1. Not sure, but most likely they don't count.

2. I got 1 mil. Exp. then used the x3 hotel and went from 52 to 99, you need 1 mil.

Questions:

Step one, collect rare coins.

Step two, buy 100% bonus xp food from altissa

Step three, create a weak spell (1 fire) with as many rare coins as you can (casts expericast)

Step four, find strong monster like the bandersnatch above hammerhead and cast every expericast spell you have.

Step five, sleep in 3x hotel.

Bonus: use moogle charms during step 4.

Afrocious

Step one, collect rare coins.

Step two, buy 100% bonus xp food from altissa

Step three, create a weak spell (1 fire) with as many rare coins as you can (casts expericast)

Step four, find strong monster like the bandersnatch above hammerhead and cast every expericast spell you have.

Step five, sleep in 3x hotel.

Bonus: use moogle charms during step 4.

I think I did 4 dungeons required to open these secret doors in the dungeons, also used 100% bonus exp food from Altissa and magic that gives also experience in these dungeon.

Then used the hotel :p.

I might go with dungeon diving instead of the rare coin thing since I only have 11. To collect rare coins, are you really supposed to save in front of an item and just reload until it's a rare coin?

Also, isn't that 100% XP food in Altissa 300k gil? How'd you get that much money on the regular? You have to buy the food more than once >.>

I might go with dungeon diving instead of the rare coin thing since I only have 11. To collect rare coins, are you really supposed to save in front of an item and just reload until it's a rare coin?

Also, isn't that 100% XP food in Altissa 300k gil? How'd you get that much money on the regular? You have to buy the food more than once >.>

No, it's 8k gil. Also no point in saving those coins, they are only good for xp. I never farmed rare coins, as long as you don't still then through out your play through, you should have plenty expericast by end game.

Mesharey

It's around 8K.

Do the dungeons that are required to open these doors.

I never had 120K at all times even and I did almost everything except the lvl 99 dungeon lol (will do it next).

Lexxism

Correction. It is only 8000.

TheShocker

For those playing on XB1, how blurry is the game? I have a PS4, but I am hoping this will get a "Scorpio" patch at a later time.

For those playing on XB1, how blurry is the game? I have a PS4, but I am hoping this will get a "Scorpio" patch at a later time.

It's bad... Real bad. I just bought a pro and re bought the game for it... It's like night and day. It literally feels like a next gen remake. No hyperbole, that's how bad it is on the xbo.

Do keep in mind, I did put 80 hours into it and beat it, but it says something that immediately bought it again for pro and am loving it still even after starting over again.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's bad... Real bad. I just bought a pro and re bought the game for it... It's like night and day. It literally feels like a next gen remake. No hyperbole, that's how bad it is on the xbo.

Do keep in mind, I did put 80 hours into it and beat it, but it says something that immediately bought it again for pro and am loving it still even after starting over again.

lol that is Xbox vs. PS4 Pro though. No contest at all.

Freshmire

Grinding AP is so goddamn boring. I'm doing the "quick" 1200 an hour trick, but you need so much AP your stuck for hours doing the same shit over and over. Are the late game dungeons a good source of AP?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I miss this game :( Lost my save file 20 days ago but already got the platinum. Maybe I should start it again and do things differently.

I miss this game :( Lost my save file 20 days ago but already got the platinum. Maybe I should start it again and do things differently.

I just started over after 80 hours (switched platform), still loving it. It's addictive even starting from scratch. The holiday items help a bit too.

Fireblend

Banned
So I started this game yesterday. So far so good, but is there any decent sidequest guide/listing that lists them by the chapter in which they become available? I want to at least do all the sidequests, but I'm pretty sure I've skipped at least a couple (or, way more than a couple).

Also, how worried should I be about being underleveled? I'm lvl 17 at the start of chapter 3 but I'm not sure if that's something I should worry about. That's my main motivation for getting all sidequests done, specially since they seem to be quite repetitive. Are there spikes in the main story quest's recommended levels?

Top Bottom