• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

entremet

I mean developer. FFVIIr is developed by CyberConnect2 Co., Ltd. in Fukuoka.

Lol, you know that all FFs aren't made by the same people at SE, right? SE has several teams of hundreds of people. BD1 is the FFXIII/Mobius team, BD2 the FFXV/Type-0 team, BD5 is the FFXII/FFXIV (and most likely the FFXVI) team etc.

FFVIIR is mainly developed by CyberConnect2, who make the Naruto games and have a lot of experience with action games, and it's overseen by some key members from BD1 like Kitase, and Nomura. APZonerunner had interesting posts on Mognet on this recently:
http://www.mognetcentral.com/thread...nger-working-on-ffvii-remake.6679/#post-46943

This actually makes it worse for me since I've could stand any of their games so far :(.

Oh well. I'll still buy it since I'm a fan of the series, but I couldn't stand Azura's Wrath or those Naruto games.

Ruff

there's way too many button combinations and things to remember, for me I just ended up mashing and hold everything and getting through it. I couldn't even remember which button was attack half the time and couldn't parry at all except during the actual sub-tutorial on how to parry.

D:

Joke post? Too many button combinations? WAT? There's one button to attack and one to dodge, that is also a parry only when the QTE to block comes up. Oh dear.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CC2 is a good studio anyway. There's nothing to worry about.

CC2 is a good GRAPHICS studio. They do amazing work visually. Outside of the Naruto games however, it's just .hack games (which were average), Jojo's All Star battle (which wasn't that good) and Asura's Wrath (which was great visually).

Since it's Final Fantasy VII, I wouldn't exactly blame some fans for showing a little level of concern.

Astral Dog

I just completed the tutorial and realised I think I've made a huge mistake getting this game. The combat system is bananas, I have absolutely no idea what is happening, there's way too many button combinations and things to remember, for me I just ended up mashing and hold everything and getting through it. I couldn't even remember which button was attack half the time and couldn't parry at all except during the actual sub-tutorial on how to parry.

D:
Your mind is going to be blown away if you play DmC

Man the
Daurell Caverns post game dungeon
is such bullshit. Let's just throw dozens of enemies immune to everything but magic at you, and give you no magic to replish yourself, or any warp points to regenerate your MP, and let's make most of the
Ring of Lucis'
spells useless except
holy
. It's not even hard just really repetitive and it doesn't test my skill, since it's based entirely on making sure you have enough items in stock.

CC2 is a good GRAPHICS studio. They do amazing work visually. Outside of the Naruto games however, it's just .hack games (which were average), Jojo's All Star battle (which wasn't that good) and Asura's Wrath (which was great visually).

Since it's Final Fantasy VII, I wouldn't exactly blame some fans for showing a little level of concern.

Which is perfect because their engine is incredible. I still have never seen animation in a game the way they do it. As many have said, they're doing the heavy lifting, basically the engine/graphics work. Story and gameplay is all on Square's shoulders as they will heavily control that since this is their golden child.

BigEmil

What's the recommended level you need to be for the last chapter? Im about level 35 then when i got there enemies were like level 50 big serpents etc they were kicking my ass think i have to call Umbra and level up some more

What's the recommended level you need to be for the last chapter? Im about level 35 then when i got there enemies were like level 50 big serpents etc they were kicking my ass think i have to call Umbra and level up some more

I'd level up a bit. I think I was around mid 40s when I beat it.

Thanks. First time i had to farm levels for story in this game

Have you been doing sidequests/hunts regularly? They give you quite a bit of EXP. Anyways leveling up is pretty easy in this game. You can buy food, and use spells that give you exp. Also on the accession grid you can buy skills that give you exp for doing things you normally do like driving a car/chocobo. Also if you have enough money the Hotel at Atilssa gives you a 3x multiplier for exp.

Just beat the game and boy what a ride.
I think, outside of chapter 13, this is my goty. I really enjoyed my time I spent with this game.
Definitely copping the season pass.

BigEmil

Have you been doing sidequests/hunts regularly? They give you quite a bit of EXP. Anyways leveling up is pretty easy in this game. You can buy food, and use spells that give you exp. Also on the accession grid you can buy skills that give you exp for doing things you normally do like driving a car/chocobo. Also if you have enough money the Hotel at Atilssa gives you a 3x multiplier for exp.
Yeah just a very few sidequests but never hunts and thanks alot for the tips will keep all this in mind!

MikeyMike

Question : I stopped receiving AP from Links... any idea why? I just arrived to the Cleigne region and noticed I haven't received any AP for a while (I don't finish mobs with warp strike much).

EDIT : Do you need to finish a mob with a link to get AP? I was almost certain I always got 1 AP for each link I made during combat.

Cornbread78

So I did the flower mission with Glad at the campsite,(in xhp.5) but when I see/meet
Iris
, nothing happens. Do they even follow up on that? Glad
shipping his imouto
was pretty funny.

I've gotten a lot better at it simply by prioritizing holding dodge (L1) instead of attacking. It just works out much better to attack only when the enemy is staggered. You can also try the turn based Wait mode gameplay if it doesn't click.
I thought square was dodge? Where you phase out in blue. Does the tutorial ever tell you about L1?

I did the first couple of hunts and fudged my way through them, I assume it's practically impossible to die that early on unless you walk away from the controller, but at no point did I feel in control of what was happening and still don't know how parrying works. I did it fine in the tutorial - just hold attack until you are attacked and then hold attack again to follow up? I still mash attack because my mind says press the button lots of times to keep attacking rather than hold it. But that initial shock of 'WTF am I doing' I got from the tutorial was very jarring.

Loving the game but I realized something, I really want a Hammerhead hat like Cids.

Can't seem to find them online, but I'd pay $50 for one.

I thought square was dodge? Where you phase out in blue. Does the tutorial ever tell you about L1?

I did the first couple of hunts and fudged my way through them, I assume it's practically impossible to die that early on unless you walk away from the controller, but at no point did I feel in control of what was happening and still don't know how parrying works. I did it fine in the tutorial - just hold attack until you are attacked and then hold attack again to follow up? I still mash attack because my mind says press the button lots of times to keep attacking rather than hold it. But that initial shock of 'WTF am I doing' I got from the tutorial was very jarring.

He's probably using
The superior
Type B controls

Tsosie

Question : I stopped receiving AP from Links... any idea why? I just arrived to the Cleigne region and noticed I haven't received any AP for a while (I don't finish mobs with warp strike much).

EDIT : Do you need to finish a mob with a link to get AP? I was almost certain I always got 1 AP for each link I made during combat.

Killing a mob with a link will give you an AP. Always try and finish with a warp strike or hope for a link attack.

JBwB

So I did the flower mission with Glad at the campsite,(in xhp.5) but when I see/meet
Iris
, nothing happens. Do they even follow up on that? Glad
shipping his imouto
was pretty funny.

You can hand them over at a later point in the story.

Hydrus

I just completed the tutorial and realised I think I've made a huge mistake getting this game. The combat system is bananas, I have absolutely no idea what is happening, there's way too many button combinations and things to remember, for me I just ended up mashing and hold everything and getting through it. I couldn't even remember which button was attack half the time and couldn't parry at all except during the actual sub-tutorial on how to parry.

D:

This game throws a lot at you all at once. It took me about 8 hours or so to get a hang of the battle system. I actually kind of like it, but it does still throw me off from time to time because of the horrible camera.

Make sure you have battles set to wait, and have the camera set to close. Makes things way easier. Use the target lock R1 + R3 on an enemy in wait mode then just hold O then hold square before it attacks. Just pick off enemies one at a time instead of mashing buttons.

Bloody hell hahaha. Just has Prompto capture this!
ii22Xxa.png

There is meme potential here I swear.

Toth

Speaking of which, do levels give a really buff to stats or are they mainly for HP? I find that the food buffs and gear are far more important.

JBwB

Is there a way to stop Prompto from dying almost ever battle?

Equip him with HP / Vitality accessories. Use his tech abilities often as they grant invulnerability over the course of the tech animation.

This pretty much applies to all characters. Use Ignis' Overwhelm technique to protect the whole party from an attack.

Cornbread78

Techniques and Recovery tree in Ascension.

Equip him with HP / Vitality accessories. Use his tech abilities often as they grant invulnerability over the course of the tech animation.

This pretty much applies to all characters. Use Ignis' Overwhelm technique to protect the whole party from an attack.

Yeah, I try to use his ability as often as possible since the attack is very usefull on breaking enemies, but he is always the first to die..

Let me in

One thing that pisses me off a little bit is the fact that you go through a lot of hell to get some of the best weapons in the game, and then they end up having the exact same appearance as previous weapons you were using. Shouldn't the best sword in the game look.. I don't know... unique?

Anyway, minor annoyance. Platinumed today and have all the best weapons in the game so I think I am going to put it down after 80 hours and pick it back up when the DLC comes out. Loved it. I want more bosses to kill!

Yeah, I try to use his ability as often as possible since the attack is very usefull on breaking enemies, but he is always the first to die..

He gets better in higher levels honestly, so dont worry. His secondary weapons, once upgraded by Cid does heck a lot of damage for you.

Ignis is usually the first to die in higher levels for me.

Dimmle

I don't know if anyone else is watching Stand by Me on IFC but it's fun to watch again and notice where its themes parallel with FFXV. FFXV isn't the most cohesive work but you can see where they drew inspiration.

ScribbleD

I'm bummed by the lack of anything on the spine for this. Earth's Dawn has the same problem. Plain bold black text and a barren white background. I don't even want to put this on my shelf. )=

burgerdog

What are the absolute must have ascension skills required for costlemark sealed dungeon? I have damage limit break on link strikes, 3 accessories on everyone already. I'm thinking Glads tech limit break might come in handy, I'm probably leaving a lot of damage on the table every time I do his tech.

Help, I'm in Costlemark and really close to the boss but the camera is stuck and won't let me activate a prompt since it's facing me away from it

Please don't tell me I have to exit and go through all this shit again...

njean777

For those playing on XB1, how blurry is the game? I have a PS4, but I am hoping this will get a "Scorpio" patch at a later time.

It is terrible, like really bad. Got a pro for Christmas and got this game for it. It is like night and day.

I wants very far in the Xbox version due to it looking bad and me not wanting to play it

Ferr986

Why does this game look so much better in gifs. I'm playing on a pro and it looks no where near as good as that.

I think it does looks this good. I mean, it depends on how the lighting is set up, but when everything is right the game looks stunning.

And I play in Pro Lite mode.

Top Bottom