• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

I think it does looks this good. I mean, it depends on how the lighting is set up, but when everything is right the game looks stunning.

Yeah definitely.

Also when you're in the Regalia, try having the camera in FPS mode. Everything looks amazing especially when it's raining or in a foggy morning.

Why does this game look so much better in gifs. I'm playing on a pro and it looks no where near as good as that.

1 - gif is down sampled from native res so it eliminates most jaggies

2 - additional motion blur has been added in post

3 - i assume some colour tweaks

4 - black bars make everything look better

Are all the sealed dungeons as bad as Keycatrich's?

If so I'll beat
Adamantoise
for the Plat and call it a day. If not I'll try and do all the hunts and dungeons, and hit level 99

Vorpal

I think it does looks this good. I mean, it depends on how the lighting is set up, but when everything is right the game looks stunning.

And I play in Pro Lite mode.

Yep, agreed. Playing on a Pro and switching between High and Lite and either way the game is pretty stunning. Prompto has had a few in-battle Snapshot results that have made me like damn Prompto:

RtgcoIY.jpg

(Even though it's compressed to hell here.)

Wait mode mixed with control mode c is feeling like a whole new game to me. Started a third playthrough after cutting my second short before endgame to try a LV 1 challenge. The button combo was disorienting at first but I can see it being easier on my fingers compared to control a. Wait mode is better than I thought it would be and makes me feel a little like I'm playing XII or something. Hated it originally though.

Close camera in combat is also making me appreciate the monsters a lot more. Some amazing details.

Are all the sealed dungeons as bad as Keycatrich's?

If so I'll beat
Adamantoise
for the Plat and call it a day. If not I'll try and do all the hunts and dungeons, and hit level 99
End level dungeons are there for completionists, basically shit ton of battles against bullet sponge enemies. So dont bother if you already hate one.

hughesta

Banned
Costlemark question -
just ended up back in that center room and fought two red giants and a fuckton of other enemies... dunno if I have it in me to go through all that again. Is there something I'm missing?

Costlemark question -
just ended up back in that center room and fought two red giants and a fuckton of other enemies... dunno if I have it in me to go through all that again. Is there something I'm missing?

You will have to do that 4 times, it gets harder each time. The SW corner is the correct one, when you go down you will get to a path where you can go east or south, go east.

Video footage of this stupid ass glitch

https://youtu.be/iik9l1fiBUY

Man, seriously fuck this. Made me fight a bunch of red giants, a billion of those lightning balls and then fuck me over because a prompt that I can't even activate.

This wouldn't be a problem if you could FUCKING SAVE IN DUNGEONS cause the fix was resetting. Now I don't even know if I want to do this again cause I never used that red switch at the bottom.

Ugh

DPtheGod

Post game help someone? :(

I'm in Costlemark Tower, and I'm at the cube puzzle. I only had one cube allow me to interact, so I did and I went through and defeated some enemeies, and fought a red giant with a bunch of flans. All I could do from here is go up. But, I can still only interact with the same cube. Am I supposed to step on the red circle that takes me to the entrance?

The
jabberwock
fight is worth it in the end. Fun fight, really cool design.

Post game help someone? :(

I'm in Costlemark Tower, and I'm at the cube puzzle. I only had one cube allow me to interact, so I did and I went through and defeated some enemeies, and fought a red giant with a bunch of flans. All I could do from here is go up. But, I can still only interact with the same cube. Am I supposed to step on the red circle that takes me to the entrance?

Nope, keep doing the square it tells you, even if you already did it. This is the worst dungeon, but like I said above, the final fight is worth it.

Gbraga

After taking a two day break to play through The Last Guardian on Christmas, I'm ready to go back to Eos! :D

I hope I don't start warping when I'm trying to jump.

Wow I'm actually surprised they gave
Steyliff's post game dungeon
a new layout. Thank god too, because I was really starting to get sick of the one from the other ones.

Recently started playing again (only 10 hours in) on Pro. I switched to High mode, and I'm not having any issues with framerate or frame pacing. Was it just because I played very late in the night and was tired, or did they actually improve the performance with the latest patch?

LordKasual

Banned
Playing the
Costlemark sealed dungeon

It's amazing how little things can change everything about a game...Now that i
can't use items to save myself or heal after battle
, i'm having to fight as if i'm legit playing an action game.

I love how this game takes all of its mechanics and strengthens them during the endgame dungeons.

Wow I'm actually surprised they gave
Steyliff's post game dungeon
a new layout. Thank god too, because I was really starting to get sick of the one from the other ones.

You'll see why they changed it the deeper you go lol...

It was still way more fun than the other ones before it because towards the end I actually started to run out of items, a first for this game.

reKon

Banned
13 hours in... Still on Chapter 3. Games combat has grown a lot on me after getting a handle on the combat and constant teamwork.

I'm ashamed at how many potions I used against Deadeye (beat him on the first try). Did anyone else get wrecked by him? I feel like the game itself auto casted an invisible provoke spell on Noctis, lol... I felt like I was constantly on the move as he kept going after me!

The only thing that is still irking me about the combat is the camera. Anyone have any suggestions to make this better? I've moved the camera to "far" setting, just to see how this works out.

Qurupeke

The side quests and the bounty hunts are totally distracting me from the main game, on Chapter 3 and like 25 levels. Though, some stuff is really cool. Loved the fight with the Behemoth, I can't even imagine how epic the later fights will be.

LordKasual

Banned
13 hours in... Still on Chapter 3. Games combat has grown a lot on me after getting a handle on the combat and constant teamwork.

I'm ashamed at how many potions I used against Deadeye (beat him on the first try). Did anyone else get wrecked by him? I feel like the game itself auto casted an invisible provoke spell on Noctis, lol... I felt like I was constantly on the move as he kept going after me!

The only thing that is still irking me about the combat is the camera. Anyone have any suggestions to make this better? I've moved the camera to "far" setting, just to see how this works out.

It's just naturally bad, there isn't much you can do about it.

Best advice is to use the "Far" setting in options.

cj_iwakura

Any help on catching the Angler's NIghtmare fish?
The Devil of the Cygillan

Like when he shows up in particular. Is Galdin Quay the right area?

Any help on catching the Angler's NIghtmare fish?
The Devil of the Cygillan

Like when he shows up in particular. Is Galdin Quay the right area?

Yeah, it shows up during the day. Make sure you have the best reel and rod that you can get, and the 2000 durability line and get ready for a battle.

It's just naturally bad, there isn't much you can do about it.

Best advice is to use the "Far" setting in options.
Yep. I usually play on the near setting but when I went against the giant bird thing and it was just a mess. Even on Far setting it is pure arse. Adamantoise fight easily demonstrates how bad the camera is combat which is a shame because the combat is incredible.

No sign yet... any icons I should watch for? What bait should I use?

Unless your fishing is rank 10, it won't show up on the minimap IIRC.

I can't remember the name right now, but I used pink bait, can't imagine there's a lot of those in the game.

Fish during the daytime near Galdins and keep your eyes out for a huge fish with a kind of round head. You'll definitely know you got the right one when you see a big fish that's not appearing on your minimap. Just keep throwing a line and reeling it in, looking around.

My Limited Edition OST arrived a couple days ago, it's great! I just wish I could get the mp3 files of the bluray disc with the selection of FF1-14 OSTs. Weird that they give you the option to download the mp3s for the XV OST itself, but then not the additional bluray with old tracks that comes with it.

Cornbread78

The side quests and the bounty hunts are totally distracting me from the main game, on Chapter 3 and like 25 levels. Though, some stuff is really cool. Loved the fight with the Behemoth, I can't even imagine how epic the later fights will be.

Yup, did the same, lol.

LordKasual

Banned
Yep. I usually play on the near setting but when I went against the giant bird thing and it was just a mess. Even on Far setting it is pure arse. Adamantoise fight easily demonstrates how bad the camera is combat which is a shame because the combat is incredible.

As amazing as this game's battle system is to me, Adamantoise demonstrates every shortcoming of the combat. It's the camera tracking and the targeting. For about 90% of the fights in the game, targeting really doesn't matter, but on some of the larger enemies (Zu, Adamantoise, a few others) Noctis will orient his attack in a way that either misses the enemy or attacks an unintended part.

I think this is seen best with Iron Giant, he has a hurtbox on his hand but that's probably the worst place to try and attack him because he moves it so much. Adamantoise felt unplayable until I realized it was smarter to attack his sides than his face (and then I noticed that you can actually put him in Vulnerable state). But it was a chore simply hitting what was in front of me because of how the targeting works.

Steel yourself for Costlemark as well.

I'm here now...and this shit is insane. I'm having to actually prioritize defense here, and for the first time in the game i'm actually using Healacst. Alot of the fights here seem to be deliberately placed just to test your RPG skills.

Costlemark has shown me that if this game had a "Hard" mode that simply limited you to 10x of each item in your inventory, it would significantly increase the difficulty of the game.

Pastry

Banned
Put the game in to download this morning... put PS4 on rest... come home 8 hours later and the patch hasn't even moved..: 😒

cj_iwakura

Unless your fishing is rank 10, it won't show up on the minimap IIRC.

I can't remember the name right now, but I used pink bait, can't imagine there's a lot of those in the game.

Fish during the daytime near Galdins and keep your eyes out for a huge fish with a kind of round head. You'll definitely know you got the right one when you see a big fish that's not appearing on your minimap. Just keep throwing a line and reeling it in, looking around.

My Limited Edition OST arrived a couple days ago, it's great! I just wish I could get the mp3 files of the bluray disc with the selection of FF1-14 OSTs. Weird that they give you the option to download the mp3s for the XV OST itself, but then not the additional bluray with old tracks that comes with it.

Just encountered it... that thing's a monster. HP for days.

Top Bottom