• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Dave1988

ohh ok, so just the (subpar) side quests and and hunts? thats it? Any bosses/monsters that I would not normally see? I guess the hunt is what would have the monsters....

Nope, there's more. Once you reach the end game, 8 more dungeons open up, with high level enemies and the best weapons in the game. Additionally, there's a boss that you can only fight after completing the story (MX-Angelus-X), which drops the best accessory in the game at the moment.

Majmun

Noctis is such a likeable guy. I thought he would be a stuck up emo prince judging by his looks. But he's really nice. I like him.

The whole cast is good. I'm glad i watched the Brotherhood.

I'm still at chapter 7 and the story is a mess and basically non-existant. Such a shame. I'd love the characters even more if they'd be more involved in an amazing story...

Noctis is such a likeable guy. I thought he would be a stuck up emo prince judging by his looks. But he's really nice. I like him.

The whole cast is good. I'm glad i watched the Brotherhood.

I'm still at chapter 7 and the story is a mess and basically non-existant. Such a shame. I'd love the characters even more if they'd be more involved in an amazing story...

It kind of shoves most of the story in the last 1/3 of the game or so. Kind of an odd development choice.

cj_iwakura

Only if you ignore it for too long. I'm fishing on every spot I find, and I'm halfway through 9. If there's any grinding left for post game, it'll be fairly quick.

Just got Ignis to 10, too, only Noctis left.

She is, lmao. It's so cute.

And yet (Chapter 14)

When she has a legit shot at the throne, she's nowhere to be seen. Wasted opportunity.

cj_iwakura

Despite enjoying the journey as a whole, a few things I feel the game absolutely should have done in the endgame:

-Have Ardyn with a final form that requires the whole party to take him on, like a massive daemon that you can attack different areas of.
-Make the World of Ruin interactive, at least somewhat.
-The Citadel should have been a massive dungeon that you had to scale, not one simple elevator ride. Think the final dungeon in Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga.
-WHERE ARE CINDY AND IRIS!? Wasted, wasted opportunity.

If they'd done those things, the endgame would've been truly great.

Acrylic7

Is this game not full screen or something?
Iv been playing for 30+ hours but I'm just now noticing that my game isn't in full screen mode.

Majmun

Is this game not full screen or something?
Iv been playing for 30+ hours but I'm just now noticing that my game isn't in full screen mode.

Try filling the screen with the arrows on your Ps4's display menu.

I had the same issue after the latest patch.

cj_iwakura

What's that long instrumental that plays in the fields that sounds like it was ripped straight out of The Witcher? (In a good way)

Ah, Wanderlust. Figured.

If deathgaze attacked you while flying on the regalia type-f and listening to FFVI's airship theme, that would be the greatest Easter egg ever.

BriGuy

How do people dislike the combat?
For all its glitz and glamour, you can get surprisingly far by just holding down circle and pressing square when prompted or when an enemy looks like it's rearing up for an attack. You can change weapons and lob spells for extra panache, or you could not. It doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot. I got the Ultima blade really early on and stocked the rest of my slots with royal arms for the stat boosts. There was no reason to use them. And as long as you have enough potions, you're more or less guaranteed to win anyway.

I like the game. I'm level 99 and mopping up end game content. But the battle system isn't particularly deep.

Ugh last trophy I need for the platinum is to max out fishing. I've been dreading this since I started, and yeah it sucks just as much as I thought it would :/

Ingeniero

I finally decided to try Costlemark Tower and it wasn't that bad, I was kicking ass.
The thing is, I run out of time in rl, had a plane to catch.

I did retrieve the gem for Dino and fought 2 Nagaranis.... but didn't get to the big boss.

I activated 4 platforms.... the question is, when I enter again tomorrow I have to do everything again? Or those platforms will be open already?

I finally decided to try Costlemark Tower and it wasn't that bad, I was kicking ass.
The thing is, I run out of time in rl, had a plane to catch.

I did retrieve the gem for Dino and fought 2 Nagaranis.... but didn't get to the big boss.

I activated 4 platforms.... the question is, when I enter again tomorrow I have to do everything again? Or those platforms will be open already?

The SW platform will be open which is the one you want. About half way down you will have the choice to go east or south, go EAST.

otapnam

Despite enjoying the journey as a whole, a few things I feel the game absolutely should have done in the endgame:

-Have Ardyn with a final form that requires the whole party to take him on, like a massive daemon that you can attack different areas of.
-The Citadel should have been a massive dungeon that you had to scale, not one simple elevator ride. Think the final dungeon in Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga.

Finished the game.
Not sure what the fuck that was, but it didnt really feel earned to me.

yeah. The last chapter felt kinda empty and could've used more. I might've been overpowered, but it was finally too easy and short

ranmafan

I'm stuck on fishing and survival. Fishing is easy......survival I might just have to do a rubber band trick and switch the channel to something else for an hour or two

That's the one thing keeping me from the platinum as well, that darn survival trophy. I'm so close but it takes so much time to build up its level. At the rate I'm going I'll probably finally get it tomorrow. I love this game a whole lot, but I really hate that one trophy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is there a list somewhere of which fishes can be caught at each spot?

Gondola Marina : Cygillan Sea Bass, Lucinian Sea Bass, Tide Grouper

Vannath Coast: Giant Trevally, Galdin Trevally, Murk GRouper, GLowing Barrelfish

Crestholm Reservoir : Horned Bluegill, Lucian Catfish, Alstor Bass, Golden Catfish

Neeglyss Pond : Horned Bluegill, Chipped Bluegill, Lucian Catfish, Alstor Bass, Crag Barramundi, King Catfish

Swainsmere: Horned Bluegill, Chipped Bluegill, Lucian Catfish, Alstor Bass

Malacchi Pond: Alstor Bass, Lucian Catfish, Snakehead, Garnet SNakehead

Forgotten Pool : Horned Bluegill, Chipped Bluegill, Rainbow Trout

Daurell Spring: Snakehead, Garnet Snakehead, Jade Snakehead, Alstor Bass, Phoenix Bass, Pink Jade Gar

River Wennath: Cherrycomb Trout, Rainbow Trout, Callatein Brook Trout, Chrome Rainbow Trout

Rachsia Bridge: Chipped Bluegill, ZIpper Barramundi, Alstor Bass, Nebula Salmon

The Maidenwater: Rainbow Trout, Maiden Brook Trout, Nebula Salmon

Caem Shore: Striped Barramundi, Tide Grouper, Dark Allural Sea Bass

The Vesperpool - East Bank: Glimmering Bluegill, Phoenix Bass, Crag Barramundi, Golden Catfish, Sapphire Snakehead, Noble Arapaima

The Vesperpool - West Bank: Glimmering Bluegill, Fan Bluegill, Golden Catfish, Garnet Snakehead, Sapphire Snakehead, Vesper Gar

Myrlwood Falls: Cleigne Brown Trout, Platinum Myrltrout, Maiden Brook Trout, Callatein Brook Trout, Chrome Rainbow Trout

I haven't done Navyth's 3rd quest so I may live to regret this hubris, but the fishing clicked me once I stopped over reeling. Short bursts of R2 until the tension indicator appears on screen (and when it's still white), while concentrating on pushing the rod in the right direction seemed to considerably improving my fishing results.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlrQErbMapU

wh7sUoc.gif

DlrqDgG.gif

9CXyxVi.gif

No

The bug in the second GIF happened to me today. Not good SE, that's Bethesda-tier jank right there.

LordKasual

Banned
I haven't done Navyth's 3rd quest so I may live to regret this hubris, but the fishing clicked me once I stopped over reeling. Short bursts of R2 until the tension indicator appears on screen (and when it's still white), while concentrating on pushing the rod in the right direction seemed to considerably improving my fishing results.

yeah, just tapping the button worked wonders with me.

FHIZ

Did the last PS4 patch do something with HDR? I feel like prior I could look towards the sun and differentiate the actual sun from all the other light, and on SDR it look like one glaring light. Now it all looks the same and the color of the sky also looks the same on both HDR and SDR.

cj_iwakura

yeah. The last chapter felt kinda empty and could've used more. I might've been overpowered, but it was finally too easy and short

It feels like they made the open world area so fantastic(and it was) that they had no time for anything else but to rush the story to conclusion.

At least they managed that, just with some serious, SERIOUS corner cutting. I'm glad it wasn't
a damn cliffhanger. The story ends, for better or for worse.

Gondola Marina : Cygillan Sea Bass, Lucinian Sea Bass, Tide Grouper

Vannath Coast: Giant Trevally, Galdin Trevally, Murk GRouper, GLowing Barrelfish

Crestholm Reservoir : Horned Bluegill, Lucian Catfish, Alstor Bass, Golden Catfish

Neeglyss Pond : Horned Bluegill, Chipped Bluegill, Lucian Catfish, Alstor Bass, Crag Barramundi, King Catfish

Swainsmere: Horned Bluegill, Chipped Bluegill, Lucian Catfish, Alstor Bass

Malacchi Pond: Alstor Bass, Lucian Catfish, Snakehead, Garnet SNakehead

Forgotten Pool : Horned Bluegill, Chipped Bluegill, Rainbow Trout

Daurell Spring: Snakehead, Garnet Snakehead, Jade Snakehead, Alstor Bass, Phoenix Bass, Pink Jade Gar

River Wennath: Cherrycomb Trout, Rainbow Trout, Callatein Brook Trout, Chrome Rainbow Trout

Rachsia Bridge: Chipped Bluegill, ZIpper Barramundi, Alstor Bass, Nebula Salmon

The Maidenwater: Rainbow Trout, Maiden Brook Trout, Nebula Salmon

Caem Shore: Striped Barramundi, Tide Grouper, Dark Allural Sea Bass

The Vesperpool - East Bank: Glimmering Bluegill, Phoenix Bass, Crag Barramundi, Golden Catfish, Sapphire Snakehead, Noble Arapaima

The Vesperpool - West Bank: Glimmering Bluegill, Fan Bluegill, Golden Catfish, Garnet Snakehead, Sapphire Snakehead, Vesper Gar

Myrlwood Falls: Cleigne Brown Trout, Platinum Myrltrout, Maiden Brook Trout, Callatein Brook Trout, Chrome Rainbow Trout
It's super annoying that some of the best recipes in the game require fishing for specific fish, tbh.

jackdoe

Yeah, it definitely gave me similar vibes to Mass Effect 3's endgame, though it was done a lot better in Final Fantasy XV (which isn't saying much)

Its the way Noc controls. Like he would land on a platform and proceed to take 2 steps forward for no reason.

Tip: After jumping, attacking with certain weapons drops you down nicely without the roll. Like a heavy weapon will drop you down almost exactly where you are in the air, daggers will move you forward a good chunk (great for if you see you're going to miss the ledge), etc. Using the attack animation while in the air, you can fine-tune your landing perfectly.

eshwaaz

Just got this for Xmas; about to start now. How are the English voices? Should I go with them, or do Japanese with English subtitles?

cj_iwakura

Just got this for Xmas; about to start now. How are the English voices? Should I go with them, or do Japanese with English subtitles?

The main character is fantastic, as are Prompto and Gladio. The only one I think is iffy is Ignis, but he grows on you.

The dub is worth it for Noctis. He nails every beat of that character so well.

English has its ups and downs. The japanese audio is amazing but this is a game where you will miss alot of dialogue because you cant read and play at the same time.

You can always go back and change them up mid game though, so try them out.

Toth

I wanted to explore the
Insomnia Royal Museum :(

LordKasual

Banned
Its the way Noc controls. Like he would land on a platform and proceed to take 2 steps forward for no reason.

Simple fix.

When you land, let go of the control stick. He won't move. When you want to position on a platform, just hold the walk button. He wont step more than he needs to.

This is why I say Pitoss felt more like a Tomb Raider game than the actual Tomb Raider reboots.

Top Bottom