• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Gondola Marina : Cygillan Sea Bass, Lucinian Sea Bass, Tide Grouper

Vannath Coast: Giant Trevally, Galdin Trevally, Murk GRouper, GLowing Barrelfish

Crestholm Reservoir : Horned Bluegill, Lucian Catfish, Alstor Bass, Golden Catfish

Neeglyss Pond : Horned Bluegill, Chipped Bluegill, Lucian Catfish, Alstor Bass, Crag Barramundi, King Catfish

Swainsmere: Horned Bluegill, Chipped Bluegill, Lucian Catfish, Alstor Bass

Malacchi Pond: Alstor Bass, Lucian Catfish, Snakehead, Garnet SNakehead

Forgotten Pool : Horned Bluegill, Chipped Bluegill, Rainbow Trout

Daurell Spring: Snakehead, Garnet Snakehead, Jade Snakehead, Alstor Bass, Phoenix Bass, Pink Jade Gar

River Wennath: Cherrycomb Trout, Rainbow Trout, Callatein Brook Trout, Chrome Rainbow Trout

Rachsia Bridge: Chipped Bluegill, ZIpper Barramundi, Alstor Bass, Nebula Salmon

The Maidenwater: Rainbow Trout, Maiden Brook Trout, Nebula Salmon

Caem Shore: Striped Barramundi, Tide Grouper, Dark Allural Sea Bass

The Vesperpool - East Bank: Glimmering Bluegill, Phoenix Bass, Crag Barramundi, Golden Catfish, Sapphire Snakehead, Noble Arapaima

The Vesperpool - West Bank: Glimmering Bluegill, Fan Bluegill, Golden Catfish, Garnet Snakehead, Sapphire Snakehead, Vesper Gar

Myrlwood Falls: Cleigne Brown Trout, Platinum Myrltrout, Maiden Brook Trout, Callatein Brook Trout, Chrome Rainbow Trout

And book marked.

-Horizon-

I think they realized they fucked up with AP, thats why they gave us the free AP earning accessories.

But yeah, thats way too much.
I need about 13,000 more AP to unlock the rest of the 333 and up nodes orz
That's about 13 more straight hours of farming even with the dlc stuff. Nope.
I think I'm gonna put this off till I get near the end of the game.

I think they realized they fucked up with AP, thats why they gave us the free AP earning accessories.

But yeah, thats way too much.
I think those accessories should've just been additional Ascension unlocks and they should've added a way to reset your level back to 1 for more AP-via-leveling (especially for New Game Plus).

-Horizon-

Isn't there a trick to grind a lot of ap with the royal arm shield that should be even easier now with the new accessories?
I'm getting about 500 AP every ~25 minutes using the shield and monster whistle trick.

And by accessories do you mean the offense, time, and finesse stuff that came with the holiday pack dlc?

I'm at the end of Chapter 3 and I've spent most of my time playing today just doing side content, hunts and fishing.

Out of curiosity, how many chapters are there in the game?

Valus

What's with this devil of the cygillan fish? What's the trick? I'm camping for hours and it won't show up. I'm level 10 fishing, using the correct bait, waiting from dawn to dusk and it's not showing up. What can I do??

Just beat it.

Overall, loved it. It's a flawed game, sure. But, it's a game with a lot of heart. Probably one of the better FF endings.

So... I'm on chapter 8 and I am on the part where I need to upgrade Noctis weapon for the second time but I have ZERO clue where to go and what to get.... cid is at some lighthouse with iris, if that helps....

Lightning

Banned
Quick Question. On the Ascension Grid stats. Do these bonuses get better the higher your level when you activate them or does it automatically adjust as you level up meaning it doesn't matter when you activate them as when you're at level 99 your stats will be the same regardless? Game is not totally clear on it.

Arrrammis

So... I'm on chapter 8 and I am on the part where I need to upgrade Noctis weapon for the second time but I have ZERO clue where to go and what to get.... cid is at some lighthouse with iris, if that helps....

If you look at the quest to upgrade the weapon, it will tell you what you need to upgrade it. The items are usually drops or can be found in different loot places, you don't need to go through a dungeon or anything specific for them.

Capella

So, I'm only on Chapter 2 and I'm enjoying the game so far but I can't help but feel like if I hadn't watched Kingsglaive and Brotherhood my first impressions would be very different...

benzy

htmwwp.gif

Just finished it. Did not like chapter 13's first half. Felt very very sluggish compared to the test of the game.

I suppose t that was the point though. Love the ending, even though the story was a bit haphazard at times. Worth the wait. Will now go back and finish a bunch of quests since I rushed through in 32 hours.

Pundere

Is there some way to get rid of or lessen friendly fire with magic? I've barely used spells because of this. It also doesn't help that most of your party and most enemies are melee fighters, so combat is always one big cluster of baddies and allies that'll all get caught in the explosion.

massoluk

Banned
Is there some way to get rid of or lessen friendly fire with magic? I've barely used spells because of this. It also doesn't help that most of your party and most enemies are melee fighters, so combat is always one big cluster of baddies and allies that'll all get caught in the explosion.
Nope, you could equip accessories to negate them, but who got time for that shit

Unless you're doing something silly like casting death spells, it's a complete non-issue, they take almost zero damage from anything you cast. More just annoying to hear prompto's massive overreaction to it.

Pundere

Unless you're doing something silly like casting death spells, it's a complete non-issue, they take almost zero damage from anything you cast. More just annoying to hear prompto's massive overreaction to it.
Really? Cuz I'm pretty sure I've thrown a Fire into the middle of a big ol man pile and had Prompto, Ignis, and Gladiolus all immediately lose 60% of their hp and be on fire. I could be wrong though.

blakep267

I just started the game a few days ago but before I did I watched Kingsglaive and Brotherhood( which BTW did a much better job of making me like the characters than the actual game. Noctis had depth in brotherhood. He just seems annoying in the game)

Anyway I got to the beach area and is there a reason that Ignis and to a lesser extent Gladio don't recognize
Ardyn right away. From watching kingsglaive he doesn't seem to be a mysterious character as Regis knows him, and from Brotherhood Ignis would sit in on meetings to take notes and inform noctis. So I would think he'd know the chancellor of Niflheim

Probably not major but just seems like a disconnect from all the media

BajiBoxer

Banned

There's a couple strategies. I play with wait mode turned on, and generally only use magic as an initial attack before my guys have engaged. Another strategy is to use Ignis's regroup skill first (if you've unlocked it) to gather the party away from the target.

There's a couple strategies. I play with wait mode turned on, and generally only use magic as an initial attack before my guys have engaged. Another strategy is to use Ignis's regroup skill first (if you've unlocked it) to gather the party away from the target.

Regroup is only like 8 or 16 ap and is by far the most useful skill in the game, that's for sure.

Really? Cuz I'm pretty sure I've thrown a Fire into the middle of a big ol man pile and had Prompto, Ignis, and Gladiolus all immediately lose 60% of their hp and be on fire. I could be wrong though.

Positive. Even if they catch fire the damage only trickles in at 15 hp or so even at max level singing quintcast spells. The only real big negative is if they do get caught is you can't use their abilities for a few seconds.

JBwB

Really overrated. Just need to mix and match your weapons and use the weakness of your opponent instead of sticking to just the Ultima blade.

I disagree. Personally I never found the need to use Regroup as potions / elixers could pretty much do the same thing.

Overwhelm on the other hand is pretty much needed in order to get through some of the harder sealed dungeons like Costlemark.

cheesekao

I spent one entire day trying to catch one fish what im doing wrong
Is your line breaking or are you not getting a bite? If it's the former than you may want to get some better fishing gear. The best rod can be gotten by following the old fishing guy's questline and the best reel can be gotten through the monster Colosseum though it's a bit of a pain to get. If it's the latter then you're probably using the wrong bait.

I like the combat system but stuff like the coeurls highlight every little flaw with it.

The only problem is that the hints don't give you any information before hand. If there was more description like... "coeurls are known to use instant death attacks, grab the proper accessories or dodge when their whiskers glow" would help a ton.

Being prepared for the hard hunts or at least being warned a little would make a difference since some hunts you can easily do 10 levels down without much fight, and others almost require specific accessories or items to make it manageable.

Adaren

When I was trudging through the hallways of Chapter 13, I spent a long time thinking about the combat system.

I really like fighting against the individual robot soldier enemies prevalent in Chapter 13, predominantly because of the clear, readable attack cues. The combat against the little devil-things is also sort of fun, since they're stunnable and therefore you can use your attacks to control the battlefield.

By contrast, fighting against the big demon things sucks. Awful camera exacerbated by the large enemy in tight hallways, terrible close-range attack cues, and extremely long-range attacks that come from off screen. The combat against the hordes of robots also sucks; it isn't challenging, but it quickly devolves into holding dodge and fishing for parries and individual hits, because you're constantly having hard-to-stun enemies swing at you from every direction. There's no room for creativity or risks; it's just boring.

So yeah, my opinion on the combat system is that it works for some situations and not others. Sometimes it's quite fun and other time's it's mind-numbing and terrible. It all depends on what you're fighting against.

And I still think that that one Coeurl attack must be bugged.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
So my game must have updated and deleted all my saves after telling me I had new bonus content.....well done SE lol.

Luckily it left the 2 auto saves slots, anybody else experience this on Pro? It also wiped all my saved settings back to default, mildly annoying overall to say the least.

MilkBeard

So my game must have updated and deleted all my saves after telling me I had new bonus content.....well done SE lol.

Luckily it left the 2 auto saves slots, anybody else experience this on Pro? It also wiped all my saved settings back to default, mildly annoying overall to say the least.

Must have been a glitch? Uploading your saves on PSN will save you from this kind of trouble.

Ennosuke

So, I'm only on Chapter 2 and I'm enjoying the game so far but I can't help but feel like if I hadn't watched Kingsglaive and Brotherhood my first impressions would be very different...

Yep. Those 2 helped me to get attached to the world and characters. Without it, I guess I would be confused what is going on.

Top Bottom