• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

ViciousDS

Banned

if Japans number 1 at only 1.1 mil.....I really don't want to know what the rest of the world is like.....this seems kind of low,

especially since its shipped copies and not sold through. They could have 5.5 mil shipped sitting there for a long time for all it comes to be lol

eiterh way I own both the PS4 and xbox one version.

Hoping to see mainline games from square stay on xbox for awhile at least. I am looking forward to the scorpio and future installments.

ViciousDS

Banned
I think SIEJA only counts sales in Asia? It means that Japan leads sales in Asia, not worldwide.

correct but towards a total of 5 million or so.

I'm just hoping with the sales going on that digital was good and that we see it go more towards 10 million overall in the next year.

What the fuck is wrong with Coeurls. Tanky, fast, heals, insta-gibs. I know not to attack them when they're sitting as they counter you but they're still bullshit. Haven't taken down a single one and then some joker offers me a hunt to take down 5.

Catoplepas fight was awesome besides brain dead AI dying constantly.

And why the hell is Prompto permanently in melee range when he has a gun?

Koozek

if Japans number 1 at only 1.1 mil.....I really don't want to know what the rest of the world is like.....this seems kind of low,

especially since its shipped copies and not sold through. They could have 5.5 mil shipped sitting there for a long time for all it comes to be lol

eiterh way I own both the PS4 and xbox one version.

Hoping to see mainline games from square stay on xbox for awhile at least. I am looking forward to the scorpio and future installments.
Oh, should add that it's #1 in Asia only, not WW.

coopolon

Different button configurations. See the controller settings within the game menu for the different options - A, B, & C.

Ohhh, thanks! There are a lot of options I completely missed. Also totally missed the different distance options before seeing it mentioned in this thread, and now I know I much prefer far.

ch4fx_

Ohhh, thanks! There are a lot of options I completely missed. Also totally missed the different distance options before seeing it mentioned in this thread, and now I know I much prefer far.

I don't even want to think about how many options I've overlooked. I wasn't aware of the different button configurations, nor the option that removes the character animations when using potions, until I asked for tips/help prior to starting the game.

I can't remember the exact name of the 2nd thing I mentioned, but, IMO, it definitely helps the flow of battle & seems smoother overall. Can someone help me with the name of what I'm describing? I feel like my description is not helping anything, lol.

calder

I suspect this will be a horrible question that's been discussed to death but I'm just about to start the game on a Pro with a 1080p tv so should I use "lite" or "high" resilient mode? I'm assuming it downscales, and I'm not normally very fussy about frame rate as long as it's decent

ViciousDS

Banned
Finished it. Loved it in spite of the story making almost no sense

read the story on a wiki.....have your mind blown by how good it actually is as you piece everything you saw together and then replay with what you know......makes it more enjoyable the second time around

I suspect this will be a horrible question that's been discussed to death but I'm just about to start the game on a Pro with a 1080p tv so should I use "lite" or "high" resilient mode? I'm assuming it downscales, and I'm not normally very fussy about frame rate as long as it's decent

if framepacing annoys you then do lite......if not do high as ti also improves graphical qualities as well as downscaling.

you can freely switch anytime while playing to even see the difference and "stutter" known as frame pacing yourself.

Koozek

I don't even want to think about how many options I've overlooked. I wasn't aware of the different button configurations, nor the option that removes the character animations when using potions, until I asked for tips/help prior to starting the game.

I can't remember the exact name of the 2nd thing I mentioned, but, IMO, it definitely helps the flow of battle & seems smoother overall. Can someone help me with the name of what I'm describing? I feel like my description is not helping anything, lol.
First thing I do in any game is going into the options, lol. FFXV has several bad default settings, imo. E.g. the camera switching to party members who are dying or using items (who thought this was fun in real-time combat), the Type A control scheme, the wonky ratio between music and sound effects/voices volume that doesn't let you hear the music clearly, or Sprinting not being on L2 instead of Summon, which you don't need as often anyway and could easily be pushed to the Items or Techniques menu.

Karish

read the story on a wiki.....have your mind blown by how good it actually is as you piece everything you saw together and then replay with what you know......makes it more enjoyable the second time around

if framepacing annoys you then do lite......if not do high as ti also improves graphical qualities as well as downscaling.

you can freely switch anytime while playing to even see the difference and "stutter" known as frame pacing yourself.

What's a good wiki?

calder

Cool thanks, that's what I wanted to know

Zakalwe

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with Coeurls. Tanky, fast, heals, insta-gibs. I know not to attack them when they're sitting as they counter you but they're still bullshit. Haven't taken down a single one and then some joker offers me a hunt to take down 5.

Catoplepas fight was awesome besides brain dead AI dying constantly.

And why the hell is Prompto permanently in melee range when he has a gun?

I feel like I'm playing another game when people mentioned Coeurls. I've been taking them down without issue all game. Here's a later level fight in one of the challenge rooms that's pretty typical.

They've never been on my radar aside from the cool designs. Not a brag post or anything, just confused.

BriGuy

In stuck in Costlemark tower in the middle of its hunt (i.e. do the quest you did over again because why not). I'm in the sliding puzzle, the camera is waaay the hell zoomed in, and I can't interact with anything. I've got no choice but to return to the entrance and do the fucking thing over again. Again again. Bang up job, Square.

0racle

I think I'm wrapping up chapter 9 just past the
leviathan fight

How much is left ?

I think I wore myself out grinding side quests. Already completed all related trophies to it ( 80 + completed )

otapnam

I feel like I'm playing another game when people mentioned Coeurls. I've been taking them down without issue all game. Here's a later level fight in one of the challenge rooms that's pretty typical.

They've never been on my radar aside from the cool designs. Not a brag post or anything, just confused.

It's tough when there's like 3-5 and they all start doing the death whisker charge

gagecube

Banned
I'm doing the dungeon in Chapter 7, and I got to presumably to near the end or at least where the gates come down and you have to fight the enemies for them to come back up. Did this, got my report card, advanced, gates came down again, expect my friends are all stuck behind it and I can't take the enemies alone.

I got game over and had to restart the dungeon. That's really, really annoying and I turned it off for at least the day.

I've been playing this for the past week or two and while it's enjoyable, it's really making me want to replay Xenoblade Chronicles X. It does similar things better.

lol did anyone else manage to get their way to the top of the crag near the cauthess pit stop? Had to use a chocobo and do some awkward jumps with it but it worked!

The best view of all of Eos!!!!

Ricker

Just a quick Libra question to make sure...I rarely pay attention to it because I didnt really have to so far,chapter 7,but I just tried to fight a Couerls(sp?) for a Cid upgrade and I think they counter attack on warp strike or something...but anyway,I am guessing the icons that are highlighted in the bar are the stuff they are weak to...? like if Blizzard is highlighted,dont use Fire...? or is it the opposite...

Zakalwe

Banned
Just a quick Libra question to make sure...I rarely pay attention to it because I didnt really have to so far,chapter 7,but I just tried to fight a Couerls(sp?) and I think they counter attack on warp strike or something...but anyway,I am guessing the icons that are highlighted in the bar are the stuff they are weak to...? like if Blizzard is highlighted,dont use Fire...? or is it the opposite...

Highlighted = weak to.

JayEH

I've been playing this for the past week or two and while it's enjoyable, it's really making me want to replay Xenoblade Chronicles X. It does similar things better.

might give that a go (especially if it comes to switch). I was turned off by what I read of the quest design in that game but this game has horrible side quests as well but I ate it all up still.

Gbraga

Man, I got a quest from Cocture in Galdin Quay, then I looked at their food again. One of them gave me full resistance against all elements. I remembered that people complained about the Costlemark bombs, and decided to give it a shot, since it was very close.

What a blast! I didn't explore it 100% to get all the loot, and I'm not sure I'll even try before entering post-game, but I found the Sealed Dungeon, fought the boss and got my Royal Arm.

The camera could not handle this dungeon very well, but it was still a lot of fun. Very intense. The boss fight was really good as well.

Being overleveled from wasting too much time in the open world instead of advancing the quest pays off every now and then with the occasional side content most people wouldn't be able to tackle until way later.

How many Royal Arms can I get in Lucis, btw? So I know when I have all of them and can continue the main quest.

I'll just do some more side stuff (about to fight the Catoblepas!) and then I'll move on to Chapter 7.

Top Bottom