• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ferr986

Man, I got a quest from Cocture in Galdin Quay, then I looked at their food again. One of them gave me full resistance against all elements. I remembered that people complained about the Costlemark bombs, and decided to give it a shot, since it was very close.

What a blast! I didn't explore it 100% to get all the loot, and I'm not sure I'll even try before entering post-game, but I found the Sealed Dungeon, fought the boss and got my Royal Arm.

The camera could not handle this dungeon very well, but it was still a lot of fun. Very intense. The boss fight was really good as well.

Being overleveled from wasting too much time in the open world instead of advancing the quest pays off every now and then with the occasional side content most people wouldn't be able to tackle until way later.

How many Royal Arms can I get in Lucis, btw? So I know when I have all of them and can continue the main quest.

I'll just do some more side stuff (about to fight the Catoblepas!) and then I'll move on to Chapter 7.

If Im not mistaken only 2 aren't unobtainable.

Kaizer

Banned
Welp, just got a quest from Dino.......looks like I'm finally going to tackle Costlemark, yayyyy. My characters are Lvl. 69, we should be alright, right?

taoofjord

Stopped at Chapter 4 a month ago to play other stuff but now that I'm off for the week, I'm considering getting back into it. Any idea if I should hold off on finishing it for a year until the story content is added?

DarkKyo

Welp, just got a quest from Dino.......looks like I'm finally going to tackle Costlemark, yayyyy. My characters are Lvl. 69, we should be alright, right?

Yeah you'll be fine, just bring a lot of curative items. I did it around 65 and I was definitely strong enough but still needed a lot of heals.

depward

Just spent an hour trying to catch a specific fish for a sidequest.

Fishing leveled up from 2 >> 6 in that span.

Tying up loose ends in chap 8...

Deku Tree

Are most of the items that I pick up around the world just "stealth currency" for the purposes of selling?

I pick up so much junk that I have no idea what to do with it.

Man, I was starting to get become more endeared with the open world. I pretty much did all the quest available and then chapter 8 starts and I'm bored again.
Okay, the Altissa chapter was a bore. The city is beautiful, but a pain to traverse. Leviathann fight was cool though. The dialogue trying to correctly negotiate was an interesting game element considering that Noctis learning how to be a king is somewhat an element of the game. But the emotional crux is hinged on me caring about Luna, which I don't because she has no personality. Then the group is pretty devastated to the point Gladious is pissed at Noctis because Ignis got hurt, in a scene we didn't see of course. This game loves doing that. I;m also not sure what the Empire is doing. They want to kill Noctis right? Yet, the continue not doing that.

It kind of just reminded me that while they have good banter during the open world bits, I'm not too crazy about the group. Its commonly said that the relationship between the four guys is great, but I'm feeling it. It might have to do with the fact that they're dynamics are left for the anime to explain.It doesn't help that Gladi can be a dick. I'm surprised with how much I don't like him. Ignis is awesome, Prompto is okay, Noctis can be a whiny brat, but has his moments, but Gladi? Can't get behind him.

Man, so many things to do. I've just started chapter 4 and my party is level 40 already. I guess I'm gonna breeze through the story quests from now on.

DarkKyo

Are most of the items that I pick up around the world just "stealth currency" for the purposes of selling?

Yes and no, some things are random quest items(like, I've gotten quests before to go get X item and I already had one in my inventory so it was an instant turn-in).. otherwise you can sell or use them to craft magic.

Ishida

Banned
Any news on the 60fps patch? I put my gameplay on hold (42 hours played so far) to play the rest in 60fps.

cropped-skeleton-on-couch.jpg

Vita controls are pretty good.

By the way, are you using type A B or C for the controls? I don't really like type A for the good reason the sprint button on the vita is mapped to the bottom left of the screen, just next to the move analog stick, so can't move and run at the same time(except if you stretch your right thumb all the way but it's really not intuitive)...

When crafting magic, one of the things you can put in is that random junk. Those can make a huge difference to the magic - make it more powerful, add poison to it, get extra EXP, make the spell cast multiple times at once, lower enemy damage, etc.

There are also some quests where someone wants one of those things, and if you already have one you don't need to go get it again (example, Cid wants a Rusted Bit, you can find those all over).

Other than that, yeah they are stealth currency.

JayEH

By the way, are you using type A B or C for the controls? I don't really like type A for the good reason the sprint button on the vita is mapped to the bottom left of the screen, just next to the move analog stick, so can't move and run at the same time(except if you stretch your right thumb all the way but it's really not intuitive)...

I use type A but use the circle button to sprint.

daftstar

Any news on the 60fps patch? I put my gameplay on hold (42 hours played so far) to play the rest in 60fps.

Same exact case here. I have a feeling it's proving to be more challenging than they thought. Wouldn't be surprised if they patch an "Enhanced Framerate" mode similar to Rise of the Tomb Raider instead. Basically unlocked framerate ranging from ~40-60fps.

Because levels don't do too much.
Yeah. I'm thinking my biggest mistake in making the game a lot easier was actually picking up some ascension grid bonuses (stats per level), either that or I got better at the game.

Stopped at Chapter 4 a month ago to play other stuff but now that I'm off for the week, I'm considering getting back into it. Any idea if I should hold off on finishing it for a year until the story content is added?
Doubt it will be worth it. Just YouTube it later on to see

Fj0823

Hey Guys is XV the worst FF ever and XIII a masterpiece yet?

I've seen millions of posts with a strange positiveness about XIII.

FF cycle in full effect. Lol

On Topic, how do you unlock the ominous doors inside dungeons?

Hey Guys is XV the worst FF ever and XIII a masterpiece yet?

I've seen millions of posts with a strange positiveness about XIII.

FF cycle in full effect. Lol

Beat the game and all of the dungeons, the you'll get the quest for them

Lexxism

You will need to finish the game and
then complete the 4 dungeons namely: Crestholm Channels, Balouve Mines, Costlemark Tower, and Daurell Caverns to get the key that will open the 8 vaults

Anybody know what hours are considered dawn and dusk?

Look at the color of the sun on the clock. Yellow is dawn and orange is dusk. If you're talking about the fishing quest, don't worry it doesn't have to be literally at dawn or dusk. I caught it at 8 in the morning, which is somehow still considered dawn.

Top Bottom