• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Voror

Did they patch Rare Coins coming up as random treasures in Cleigne? Been trying to just get a few more and I'm just not having any luck at all getting one to show. It could take a while sometimes but never this much.

Kaizer

Banned
CHAPTER 13 SPOILERS:

*Ardyn was of Royal blood. He was next in line for the throne. His name was Ardyn Lucis Caelum, of the Lucian bloodline.

*He had powers to heal the people affected by the Starscourge parasite. Much like the Oracle of modern times (Luna).

*In order to save the people of the world, Ardyn absorbed the Daemons into himself. He healed everyone and saved the world in ancient times.

*However, the Crystal and the gods (Who decide who becomes King), deemed Ardyn to be unfit for the throne due to his soul being stained/corrupted. He was also denied from entering the Astral Realm, due to the immortality he gained from the Daemons.

*A man named Izunia (Or with surname Izunia) shit-talked about Ardyn and turned him into a pariah. Apparently he began a campaign against Ardyn, making people fear and hate him.

*The Crystal and the gods choose this Izunia guy as the new King instead. This is Noctis' ancestor.

*Ardyn was pissed. After everything he had done to protect the world and heal the people, the gods and the Crystal had turned against him. And Izunia had made the people hate him too.

Okay, I partially understood what was being said during the cutscenes, it was just a lot to parse all at once.
Ardyn is a pretty damn good villain - so his ultimate goal is basically to bring an end to the royal bloodlines right?

Brother is level 35 on chapter 3, this guy, loves playing overpowered in main missions in open world rpgs, not me, I did every chapter either recommended level or couple of levels above that

Ishida

Banned
Okay, I partially understood what was being said during the cutscenes, it was just a lot to parse all at once.
Ardyn is a pretty damn good villain - so his ultimate goal is basically to bring an end to the royal bloodlines right?

VILLAIN SPOILERS!

Yep. Ardyn is different to every other villain in the franchise, since he doesn't desire power, or to conquer the world, or to destroy it, or to "erase all existence". He just wants revenge against the gods and the Crystal for spitting on his face after all the sacrifice he made in the name of greater good. He healed people, he almost succeeded in cleansing the entire world of the Starscourge in ancient times. And as a reward, he gets denied the throne, gets denied the afterlife, and the "usurper King" (Noctis' ancestor) begins a smearing campaign against him, "making a true monster out of him" in the eyes of the people he once healed.

Keep playing and see if he succeeds or fails on what he plans to do. :)

N° 2048

It's crazy how much my opinion has changed on this game the further I go into it. It looks amazing and has some crazy FF moments but holy shit some of the gameplay/mechanic decisions are ridiculously bad. 99% of the side quests I've done are fetch quests too.

Tiny things that just get in the way, things that just make you go "why?"

I'm 40 hours and at Chapter 13 and I just want to finish this already. This game feels like it has an identity crisis, Chapter 13 feels like it was developed by a different team. Pacing feels so off.

Sorry I just needed to vent.

Phatcorns

I can't seem to get the Holiday Pack+ to load my items. It's showing me the items from the regular Holiday Pack, but not the Season Pass pack. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

Just finished chapter 13. Prior to engaging I heard a lot of people complained about this chapter specifically and I thought to myself how bad could it be. My reactions playing ch13 in order

This isn't so bad
|
V
Well , I certainly didn't expect that in FF game.
I
V
Wait, this is turning into....are you serious?
I
V
Omg it still keeps goin?
I
V
Now this has to be the end....what!? There's more?
I
V
Ok beat it. What the hell just happened?

Lifeline

So i just picked up FFXV and Darksiders Warmastered. I was reading up on FFXV and heard that the director is planning on changing the story, adding new cutscenes, changing gameplay etc. So is it better that i wait for that patch and play Darksiders first, or are the changes looking to be minimal? I'm on the original PS4 btw.

Also what's the correct order to playing this?

Kingsglaive -> Brotherhood -> game?

Neifirst

Asked in the spoilers thread but didn't get an answer: is there a reason to choose new game + over continuing with the side quests on the old save file?

muteki

So i just picked up FFXV and Darksiders Warmastered. I was reading up on FFXV and heard that the director is planning on changing the story, adding new cutscenes, changing gameplay etc. So is it better that i wait for that patch and play Darksiders first, or are the changes looking to be minimal? I'm on the original PS4 btw.

Also what's the correct order to playing this?

Kingsglaive -> Brotherhood -> game?

We don't really have a time estimate for most of the stuff they are patching in, could be weeks or months. It doesn't hurt to put it on the back-burner if you have something else, just might not make a difference if you are waiting on changes.

Kingsglaive and Brotherhood aren't really interconnected IIRC, think you can watch in either order really.

spidye

He has already stated that the more he plays, the more frustrated he is. Dude is not having a good time with the game, so how is "stop playing" a bad advice?

"I put my hands over a fire and I'm getting burned".

"Then get your hands out of the fire".
My tolerance for frustation is pretty high

On a serious note, my frustation comes from all the missed oppurtinities as stated by many many guys in this very thread too

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
So I'm at like level 14 and just finished up chapter 2. I think I'm doing ok for leveling so far right?

Back when I was a level 9 I tried to go out at night and came across a level 30 Iron Giant. I stood tall against it, got it down to half it's health bar, then just gave up since it was one-shotting my guys at that point. Oh well.

I'm having a blast with this game. Really glad I got it!

How do I speed the clock to nightfall?

There's a hunt where the monsters are only out at night.
At the hunt counter they usually ask you if you want to wait till night when accepting a night specific hunt. Cancel the hunt and then accept it again and agree to wait til night.

Reset

Make sure you actually have the requested items in your inventories. The stupid quest text makes it sound like you may already have the item. "Give Cid said item" instead of a 2 part, collect said item, then update quest to give item when you actually have it.

He doesn't give me a quest to upgrade my item at all. When I try to talk to him all he does is just complain.

That is probably the most notorious bug in the game, it will eventually fix itself but it takes time.

It's been like this since Chapter 2... I thought it was because I wasn't far enough in the story but then people were saying they got the final weapon for Noctis early on. :|

Minamu

How do I get to the yellow strip of hidden path just north of Ravatogh? I've been combing the rock walls several times and I see items for pickup on the other side :/

krossj

Just finished and initial thoughts.. there should be a documentary about the making of this game at some point. So much from the trailers and promotional material is not in the game and with the amount it has changed it would be fascinating to hear the full details about what went on. Despite the disjointedness of it all i still thought it was good in a lot of ways just a bit disappointing in the of staples of the series.

Running around an open world, hunts and the Combat were great fun. Its one of my favourite battle systems in the series and i'm kind of surprised it works so well. Everything i'd seen previous had made it look cumbersome to control but it turned out brilliant in a number of ways.

My main gripe throughout and especially towards the end of the game is that it lacks a lot of what i find great about the series, over the top creative designs. It seems to be a lot more grounded in its environment design and in general. The world is really nicely done but it just seems more safe rather than interesting throughout especially the dungeons in comparison to previous entires, it was really apparent there. Altissa and the throne room are an exception to this, they are both beautiful in design and i just wish they had made more areas like this. I'm guessing both those areas were designed quite early way back at the initial development so perhaps many of the other areas were rushed.

I enjoyed the music, the apocalypsis, fantastica and other main tracks are beautiful. Those tracks feel right in line with the other entries in the series.

Overall I enjoyed playing it and the combat was fantastic but it just seemed rushed and a bit disjointed overall.

Wow people weren't kidding. That chapter 13 was something else. Getting chills just thinking I'd have to go though that again on a future playthroughs.
Thank god, that small twist (which was spoiled by marketing, thanks SE) managed to grab my interest again.

Final Fantasy XV |OT3| Running through the six with my bros

LMAO! this is good!!!

just got to chp 14. man did shit go down 10-13

10-12 were pretty good though
blind Ignis is just to painful to watch ...even when he gains the ability to somewhat fight regularly it still to painful to watch

13....was pretty bad, it really was a momentum killer after all that went down in 10-12

was not expecting a ten year timeskip!!!

gonna tackle the main story tomorrow, gonna do some questing to take a breather from the story

Amirnol

How do I get to the yellow strip of hidden path just north of Ravatogh? I've been combing the rock walls several times and I see items for pickup on the other side :/
Endgame
you need the upgraded regalia that can fly, only accessible after finishing the story

How do I git gud at fishing? Just go to every spot on the map and catch everything I can?

Also the Cleigne battle theme is the GOAT, so good.

I'm right before the boat ride, but I'm holding off and doing a bunch of sidequests due to what I hear.

gdt

I don't understand how to create a spell. I pumped it full of energy. Added a potion catalyst, have an empty flask selected....but nothing I press creates the spell.

JayEH

How long are Chapter 14 and 15?

Chapter 14 is a couple hours at most. I think 15 is actually considered the post game, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't understand how to create a spell. I pumped it full of energy. Added a potion catalyst, have an empty flask selected....but nothing I press creates the spell.

make sure to have the cursor on create spell. I had the same problem at first as well.

gdt

Chapter 14 is a couple hours at most. I think 15 is actually considered the post game, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

make sure to have the cursor on create spell. I had the same problem at first as well.

Jesus fuck lol

It's not a confusing trope. I won't spoil you, but when a member of the enemy faction starts helping you for no apparent reason, you can only assume that they have some agenda of their own, don't you think? :)

What's confusing me is the stupid reaction from Noctis and co. Oh
Aranea
tried to kill us a few days ago? Now
she's
here working with me, we're pals, we even have a combo attack!

It's obvious there's shit going on, my problem is how oblivious the party is to this situation.

Make sure you actually have the requested items in your inventories. The stupid quest text makes it sound like you may already have the item. "Give Cid said item" instead of a 2 part, collect said item, then update quest to give item when you actually have it.

I definitely gave him the engine blade and drain lance in chapter 8 as in no longer have these weapons.

Why is it that I can't drive manually right now? The option is just greyed out.

I think you're limited when you're in the desert region. Once you hit Duscae and beyond, you should be able to manual drive pretty much anytime.

Also, Ignis will auto-drive at night (meaning you can also fast travel) once you hit level 30, I believe.

Top Bottom