• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ok what is this
Chapter 15
? I can't find info on it anywhere and it's not even in the guide.

I finished the game already.

I just went through the credits and it brought me to a screen that says you'll go back to your last save point(before Ifrit) and from there you warp back through Umbra the Dog to finish up quests and I assume do the sealed dungeons(I've yet to try since reaching Chapter 15...so maybe that's the key???) Maybe it brought me back to the edited title screen and I clicked continue...that might of been how that screen popped up...or it just popped up by itself.

N° 2048

I just went through the credits and it brought me to a screen that says you'll go back to your last save point(before Ifrit) and from there you warp back through Umbra the Dog to finish up quests and I assume do the sealed dungeons(I've yet to try since reaching Chapter 15...so maybe that's the key???) Maybe it brought me back to the edited title screen and I clicked continue...that might of been how that screen popped up...or it just popped up by itself.

How to get the key:
To get the quest for the Dungeon Seal Key head to Meldacia Hunter HQ, it’s the area East of the Vesperpools. Check the screenshot below for the exact location. You need to find Ezma, an old lady sitting on a chair.

From: http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-gu...-final-fantasy-xvs-dungeons-dungeon-seal-key/

wormania

I didn't realise this was actually Hatoful Boyband

DUcQKfq.jpg

How to get the key:
To get the quest for the Dungeon Seal Key head to Meldacia Hunter HQ, it’s the area East of the Vesperpools. Check the screenshot below for the exact location. You need to find Ezma, an old lady sitting on a chair.

From: http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-gu...-final-fantasy-xvs-dungeons-dungeon-seal-key/

Ahh. Thanks. Could have looked it up myself but it's more fun asking GAF.

Does look like I needed to finish the game first. Yet to look around anymore. I know Ezma...the old lady in the chair...I ate one of her recipes. We cool. She'll give me the quest now.

Ricker

Okay,now in Chapter 8 and just got the Cup Noodles quest,amongst others...I will stay in this chapter and do some of sidequests for a while,like Chocobo stuff,Regalia stuff etc etc...I decided I dont want to finish the game until the Gladio DLC is out,to see if its a meaty one...currently level 38 with about the same hours.

Namikaze1

Sealed Costlemark
done. That's all of them now. Even with the handicap, I found it to be easy. Barely used all the charges on one of my Healcast flasks. All the others weren't used. Only problem I had was
in the room with the four Iron Giants.

N° 2048

Ahh. Thanks. Could have looked it up myself but it's more fun asking GAF.

Does look like I needed to finish the game first. Yet to look around anymore. I know Ezma...the old lady in the chair...I ate one of her recipes. We cool. She'll give me the quest now.

Found more info:

Ezma Won’t Give Me The Dungeon Seal Key
As well as completing the game you must have completed other dungeons before Ezma’s quest becomes available. These include Crestholm Channels, Balouve Mines, Costlemark Tower, and Daurell Caverns.

LordKasual

Banned
Sealed Costlemark
done. That's all of them now. Even with the handicap, I found it to be easy. Barely used all the charges on one of my Healcast flasks. All the others weren't used. Only problem I had was
in the room with the four Iron Giants.

That one room was the first time i died in my whole 120 hour playthrough.

Ran out of MP and they kept cycling between demi over and over again until I ran out of stamina, then i just got my ass torn up

Kal_El

So I just hit rank 35 and
Ardyn wants me to join him
it says something about not being able to come back for awhile. There's still so much to do. Should I follow the storyline or finish up some quest first? Sorry if asked and answered before

tbm24

So I just hit rank 35 and
Ardyn wants me to join him
it says something about not being able to come back for awhile. There's still so much to do. Should I follow the storyline or finish up some quest first? Sorry if asked and answered before
Chapter 9 is when you might want to hold off on going through the story for the sake of exploring and doing side quests. It's really up to you. I did majority of my exploring and power leveling during chapter 4.

Man, this is like the best fishing minigame that I've ever played. 15 minutes battle against a giant fish feels so good and intense.

Too bad they didn't invested the same amount of time and effort on the cooking though. It has so much potential.

N° 2048

Kal_El

Chapter 9 is when you might want to hold off on going through the story for the sake of exploring and doing side quests. It's really up to you. I did majority of my exploring and power leveling during chapter 4.
Sweet about what level were you when you decided to go back to the storyline?

Should I keep all these bank coins/oracle coins I'm finding when exploring? Are they just for Gil or do they have a purpose later?

Do NOT sell those.

Oracle Ascension Coins can be traded for high end gear later in the game, and the rare coins/banknotes can be used to create experiacasts which can get you from level 60 to 99 in 30 minutes.

Ferr986

welp, just killed the Nafglar. Was pretty epic, started at night and finished him in the morning.
Was pretty hard at first but ended up getting the hang of his attacks. Problem was, of course, the bros. Someone told me here that they evade more when you do to, and I don't doubt him but... it's not the case in my game lol

Anyways, got the daggers. They're supposed to be OP but I miss Link strikes :/

joe2187

Banned
What do you do to grind EXP?

Chocobo Wiz post sandwiches, Expericast spells and using the Holiday DLC items to gather AP and not tally your Exp whenever you rest or go through chapters.

I got through chapter 12 and then did sidequests and dungeons, hunting missions. Everything just added up. I dont really count is a gridning since I was just doing the sidequests anyway the only way It became grinding is eating the sandwiches to get double exp.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I didn't realize you could crash the car into the side of a wall when doing a U-Turn
KuGsj.gif

Prompto, as a frog, took a picture of his two other teammates as frogs.

-Horizon-

Chapter 13 wasn't that bad. I was expecting a whole lot worse after hearing all the negativity surrounding it. I was perfectly ok with it.

The only issue I had was with the Foras.
And not that it was hard to fight. No. Its because I could've beaten it at the first meeting at the elevator but the game forces you not to beat it. I know its because of story reasons but its dumb to even have it keep chasing you after other than to annoy you and prevent you from picking up items until it despawns.

So I got to Chapter 6 in a great hurry because I wanted to push the story forward and unveil as much map as possible due to pure curiosity. I had this thing going (LVL26) that I enter each dungeon and see how far can I go inside - what are the monsters, the blue treasures etc. By pure luck I happened to enter Malmalam Thicket, I think at LVL20 and found THUNDERBOLT (Greatsword). It has like 343 ATK rating.

Fast forward to this week and I restarted the game from scratch - due to many reasons - and am now doing every sidequest, reading every poster etc.

I am just at the very beginning of Chapter 3 and the first thing I did? I went for that fucking sword :) I avoided all enemies on the way to the entrance and inside I had only to kill 3 Mandragoras (LVL 32?). They were a pain but Gladio's special (Dawnhammer) made it possible.

Now I can start Chapter 3 for real with that sword :) It feels so good, to disover all of this on my own. The upcoming hunts will be much easier now!

N° 2048

So post-game stuff, what else is there to do besides the things listed below?

Legendary Weapons from Randolph.
Adamantoise.
Pitioss.
Regalia Type-F.
Sealbreaker's Key + 8 Secret Dungeons.

Thanks in advance :)

2San

Just completed it. It's a good game I put it over FFXIII, FFXII and FFVIII for sure (only considering the PSX ff's and onwards). Well worth paying full price for.

NastyBook

Killing the MC's love interest for the sake of motivation after having already killed his father is beyond stupid and cliched as fuck.
Do better, Square. The mountains of adversity trope is getting tired.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Adamantoise.
Pitioss.
Regalia Type-F.

That's it other than finishing sidequests and hunts and leveling the bro's skills if you haven't already.

Adamantoise.
Pitioss.
Regalia Type-F.

Those are the main things. I leveled to 99 right away, so you could add that as a goal. Now I'm going for some of the more elusive accessories, such as the Ribbons, Magitek Suits, and Grand Chamberlain, to help with some of the post game content. Also farm Zu to get limit break magic if you're into that. You could also try some of the high level hunts. I just did the level 99 hunt
against the level 110 samurai guy to obtain a Ribbon, I forget the name of the hunt but it was found in Lestallum,
and it was the hardest single fight in the game so far for me. If I had the patience I could have done much better. I got the
Leviathan summon
at the beginning of the fight and it barely did any damage to him.

Oh yeah one other thing that's pretty fun:

Go back to the future and try to get Ulric's Kukris. It's pretty awesome being able to take on those monsters we ran past at the end of Chapter 14.

And with that Sword I downed Bandersnatch (LVL38) on LVL21 - no meals, no phoenix downs, no potions. Wow. This game's combat system is really something else.

Darksol

Chapter 13 seriously had me questioning why I'm still playing this game.

Everything after Chapter 9 has just been a giant slope downwards. At this point I'm just trying to get this horrible "story" out of the way so that I can go back to enjoying the game.

I've never had such a mixed opinion over a FF before.

So, the infamous (Chapter 9)
Leviathan
fight: cool idea, not the best execution. Feels like I missed a bunch of story. At least the music was god-tier.

BriGuy

Chapter 13 seriously had me questioning why I'm still playing this game.

Everything after Chapter 9 has just been a giant slope downwards. At this point I'm just trying to get this horrible "story" out of the way so that I can go back to enjoying the game.

I've never had such a mixed opinion over a FF before.
I've beaten the game and tying up some loose ends now, but I share the sentiment. Not because of that chapter alone, but because of everything. The only reasoning I'm typing this now is because I'm waiting for a long pointless car drive to finish. I've logged 80 hours into this game so far, and I would bet somewhere between 7-10 of those hours were spent looking at various loading screens. Why is this acceptable?

I've beaten the game and tying up some loose ends now, but I share the sentiment. Not because of that chapter alone, but because of everything. The only reasoning I'm typing this now is because I'm waiting for a long pointless car drive to finish. I've logged 80 hours into this game so far, and I would bet somewhere between 7-10 of those hours were spent looking at various loading screens. Why is this acceptable?

The loading times in these big open world games are going to be long, thats why they give you multiple forms of transportation and reward you for using them instead of just fast traveling everywhere.

If loading times really bother you that much you should buy an SSD, it shaves 30-45 seconds off of FFXV and Witcher 3 loading times.

Top Bottom