• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Perfection.

I've been saving my pictures using the share button since I ran out of space already, but now I find out you can save as png for some games. Is that preferable? I'm worried all my pictures I've been saving are low quality :(

Ishida

Banned
I've been saving my pictures using the share button since I ran out of space already, but now I find out you can save as png for some games. Is that preferable? I'm worried all my pictures I've been saving are low quality :(

Sadly, all the photos taken by Prompto are very low quality. And you can't do anything to improve the resolution. I suggest you start taking screenshots manually. They look fucking awesome.

Bulby

Just finished the story. Solid 7/10 game for me. Not classic final fantasy by any stretch... though really with another year or 2 (in its current development iteration) it could been...

Will continue some post game bits but not into grinding things out.

My biggest compliment, and i mean this sincerely, is that this game was a flaming wreck, but they manage to land it, and with some grace. Good stuff

Lexxism

Sadly, all the photos taken by Prompto are very low quality. And you can't do anything to improve the resolution. I suggest you start taking screenshots manually. They look fucking awesome.
What's the best way to upload it? Uploading it to facebook is a horrible idea. The images are really bad. I guess just transfer the photos to your flash drive?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Apparently the PNG thing is real too. Too bad :(

This is the best picture Prompto has taken

C04-88PWQAEInr7.jpg

If only it was PNG.

If you ever wanted to know what the inside of a Necromancer's Petrification Beam looks like.

C04-8wgWgAAnCz1.jpg

LordKasual

Banned
Is it true that the reward for finishing all the sealed dungeons is just an item that you sell for 50k?

If you craft magic with it, it adds like 100 potency and gives you x50 of a Limit Break spell.

It's kind of like defeating Ruby Weapon giving you Knights of the Round in FF7 with nothing powerful to use it on anymore.

Mentok

Banned
I swear the "summon" is broken. It tells me to push R3 (Control C), so I do and nothing happens. How long am I supposed to hold it for??

Minamu

Is there really such a thing as "classic" Final Fantasy? I never understood that sentiment. To me, classic Final Fantasy is to be different every time. And this game sure is different. By no means perfect and previous titles obviously share commonalities but still. Many of them are pretty unique, as much as their respective platforms allow.

Ishida

Banned
What's the best way to upload it? Uploading it to facebook is a horrible idea. The images are really bad. I guess just transfer the photos to your flash drive?

Yep. Sadly the best way to get the pictures in the best quality is to save them as PNG and then extract them via USB.

If you ever wanted to know what the inside of a Necromancer's Petrification Beam looks like.]

star-trek-mind-blown.gif

I swear the "summon" is broken. It tells me to push R3 (Control C), so I do and nothing happens. How long am I supposed to hold it for??

Usually 5 seconds is more than enough.

I didn't realize you could crash the car into the side of a wall when doing a U-Turn
KuGsj.gif

Prompto, as a frog, took a picture of his two other teammates as frogs.

I usually let Ignis drive, and he actually crashed the car once while doing a u-turn. The screen turned black for a second and then they were driving with no problems. Ignis said something like "Well, let's try this again, shall we?"

LordKasual

Banned
Is there really such a thing as "classic" Final Fantasy?

No.

The most reoccuring aspect of the series is that it's form/story/setting/mechanics/lore are ever-changing.

You know that Shiva is an ice summon and Firaga is a powerful fire spell, but those are only convenient meta hints. Bahamut can be a summon in one game and an airship in another.

It's the best thing about the series, IMO. Everything is familiar, even when nothing is familiar.

Zafir

Is there really such a thing as "classic" Final Fantasy? I never understood that sentiment. To me, classic Final Fantasy is to be different every time. And this game sure is different. By no means perfect and previous titles obviously share commonalities but still. Many of them are pretty unique, as much as their respective platforms allow.

I mean I can kind of see what people say in that I-IX were similar in that they had a story, a world map, and while the combat system changed each time it wasn't a completely massive change.

That said, I don't necessarily agree that the series shouldn't have changed really. I think it's great that they try new things really.

The real problem to me with the more recent FF's is they've just struggled to have a stable development cycle. You can see the potential in XV. If they made another game, without the development struggles, I'd like to hope they could make something really special.

Reset

So just finished the game, and I have to say the game is pretty good. It's my GOTY. :]
The game has its faults and annoyances such as not being able to accept multiple hunts at one time, not being able to pick up items on your Chocobo, mapping the jump and picking up items on the same button, glitches locking you of events, the main story not explaining what happened to some important characters, and major things happening off screen.

Despite all this, the game easily has the best combat system out of the entire main series, and I came to care for the main party of four so I ended up really liking the ending. What can I say I'm a sucker for these types of endings. :[ The game could have been delayed for another year or so that they could fix the things I mentioned, but still it was an enjoyable game. Oh and I don't get the hate for the story (or even Chapter 13), sure it starts off slow and doesn't really pick up until when the game ends up becoming linear, but eh I enjoyed it. It's better than the stuff that FF I-III, V, and XII offered. Just kinda wish some major events didn't happen off screen, and the emperor of Niflheim got a short end of the stick story wise. I thought he would have played a bigger role due to the movie.

As of now it's my second favorite mainline Final Fantasy title. X being the first.

Yeah.. well, you'll be missing out Persona 5 .

Persona is AAA now?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If you craft magic with it, it adds like 100 potency and gives you x50 of a Limit Break spell.

It's kind of like defeating Ruby Weapon giving you Knights of the Round in FF7 with nothing powerful to use it on anymore.

Man, and to get that you have to delve hundreds upon hundreds of same-looking floors?

Man it seems like such a very insignificant reward for such a massive effort.

Is there a button/shortcut to hide/show UI?

I wish I can deal without the UI at all times but there's always times when I need it on. If only there's more options for the UI, I only need the minimap.

Persona is AAA now?

Umm.. yes?

It took them 4(?) years to develop the game, and it costs $60. The franchise is also more popular than ever nowadays.

LordKasual

Banned
Man, and to get that you have to delve hundreds upon hundreds of same-looking floors?

Man it seems like such a very insignificant reward for such a massive effort.

Well, the challenge of the dungeons themselves is the real reward.

There really isn't much they could give you after Costlemark Menace. By the time you complete it, you can already steamroll just about anything else in the game.

.....except for
that super lv99 machine that occasionally drops down and is definitely at minimum twice as strong as Nalfgar

None of the "superbosses" other than that were nearly as difficult as some of the encounters in Costlemark Menace.

Raven117

The real problem to me with the more recent FF's is they've just struggled to have a stable development cycle. You can see the potential in XV. If they made another game, without the development struggles, I'd like to hope they could make something really special.
In the end, this. Ff12 and definitely ffxv you can see the absolute brilliance in some of it...then to get quickly whisked away with something completely baffling from a design perspective.

It almost hurts more knowing that there was some brilliance rattling around in it....but then again... It has just enough charm to get ya over the hump.

I still think ffxii is better; but I'd put this way above x (but not near ffvi amd ffvii... But I tell yeah... If they ex exited on the things I think they wanted to.. Hat you can feel they wanted to do... Would have been top tier)

I enjoyed my time with it, but have zero desire to grind out anything post game. Just too many good things out and coming out to play.

cripterion

So, the infamous (Chapter 9)
Leviathan
fight: cool idea, not the best execution. Feels like I missed a bunch of story. At least the music was god-tier.

Game completely falls apart and I'd put it in garbage tier once the rite starts. What a fucking disappointment.

Minamu

No.

The most reoccuring aspect of the series is that it's form/story/setting/mechanics/lore are ever-changing.

You know that Shiva is an ice summon and Firaga is a powerful fire spell, but those are only convenient meta hints. Bahamut can be a summon in one game and an airship in another.

It's the best thing about the series, IMO. Everything is familiar, even when nothing is familiar.
Yeah that was my point as well.

I mean I can kind of see what people say in that I-IX were similar in that they had a story, a world map, and while the combat system changed each time it wasn't a completely massive change.

That said, I don't necessarily agree that the series shouldn't have changed really. I think it's great that they try new things really.

Agreed, totally. Since 7, my first encounter, looking forward to and fantasizing about what the next game would change, and possible pioneer, was what made each entry special to me.

Rsinart

Finally beat the game, from the beginning to Chapter 8-9 I enjoyed. After that I almost gave up and added this to the pile of FF games I won't ever finish haha. Stuck through it, then did the Bandersnatch exp trick and got myself to lvl 90. I'm gonna just fly through the rest of the post game stuff and pack this one up. There was a lot I liked about the game, and just as much that needs improvement. Hope the next FF is better, but I did enjoy my first 45-50 hours with the game and expect I will enjoy the next 10 hours or so to wrap it up.

Starborn

Neo Member
That turtle fight was pretty awful and uninspired.
I was also very disappointed with the leviathan fight. The trailers looked so much better.

Edgeward

Thanks to a rubberband, I got the survival skill to level 10. Platinum get. I can move to other games now till the other content is out and hopefully QoL changes

Two best lines in the whole game for me,

of course the "Off my chair, jester. The king sits there."

and

"Kings of Lucis... COME TO ME" <- best voice ever

Aaaaand Platinumed. What a ride. Best line in the game was near the end,
"You know what guys? We really are the Final Fantasy XV Day One Edition"
:,)

Kvik

Guys, is there a way to "dump" all Prompto's photos at once to hard disk in some way? I'm sick and tired of taking 150 screenshots each time his SD card gets full.

just spent about half an hour if not more cathing the last fish for the fishing sidequest! that was the most strenuous thing I've done in the game so far!!!

Caim

What food is best for elemental resistance? I remember seeing one, but I forgot where I saw it.

Grilled Mighty Barramundi makes you immune to fire, ice, and lightning plus resistant to status ailments.

I think the Wiz Chocobo Post has something that should give you some resistance too.

Galdin Quay has food of elemental immunity. Literally no damage from any element, but that is all it offers, no start boosts.

Grilled Mighty Barramundi makes you immune to fire, ice, and lightning plus resistant to status ailments.

I think the Wiz Chocobo Post has something that should give you some resistance too.

Lasagna in Altissia at Maagho nullifies elements while also giving 4K health and 100% more EXP. Costs 8000 gil though.
Thanks, guys. Trying to go through Costlemark right now. Those thunder bombs are annoying, though they're the "worst" enemy so far here.

SHarris78

Finished the game last night, 70 hours at level 93, and despite its faults it's my GOTY. I can't remember the last time I put so much time into a game and after every sessions looked forward to the next. After finishing it I was deciding what to play next, buy at the moment I just want to go back and do the sealed dingeons and hunts I missed. Oh, and everything after chapter 13 was awesome.

Apparently at chapter 14 you were able to run passed some of the higher end monsters? I didn't realise this but took down whatever that
level 70+ creature
was on the road nonetheless!

MilkBeard

I really think Shimomura is probably the best fit in terms of creating an epic soundtrack for Final Fantasy, while also feeling reminiscent of some of the sounds that Uematsu used to create.

In terms of debate, some will say its not her best soundtrack (I honestly don't care)-- it's the fact that her big themes make me stop and listen to the music, and say, "wow, that's cool." There are moments in the soundtrack that also remind me of certain songs from older Final Fantasies. I really like the return to the bombastic, lifting melodies of her soundtracks, and I think she's the best person to carry on the baton from Uematsu.

I really hope she composes for XVI.

JoeNut

So I got to Chapter 6 in a great hurry because I wanted to push the story forward and unveil as much map as possible due to pure curiosity. I had this thing going (LVL26) that I enter each dungeon and see how far can I go inside - what are the monsters, the blue treasures etc. By pure luck I happened to enter Malmalam Thicket, I think at LVL20 and found THUNDERBOLT (Greatsword). It has like 343 ATK rating.

Fast forward to this week and I restarted the game from scratch - due to many reasons - and am now doing every sidequest, reading every poster etc.

I am just at the very beginning of Chapter 3 and the first thing I did? I went for that fucking sword :) I avoided all enemies on the way to the entrance and inside I had only to kill 3 Mandragoras (LVL 32?). They were a pain but Gladio's special (Dawnhammer) made it possible.

Now I can start Chapter 3 for real with that sword :) It feels so good, to disover all of this on my own. The upcoming hunts will be much easier now!

Haha i just got to this place, i gave up on the dungeon after i got that sword and then nearly died trying to get further, i'm level 26. Didn't want to use all my items trying to get further in.

Top Bottom