• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Was I the only one that really didn't understand why the Empire was supposed to be so bad perceptively to everyone else? It's like their presence is kind of there, and I guess they "conquered" these lands, but we are barely shown any of the citizens interactions with them. We know they are gigantic shit heads because of what happened in Insomnia, those patched in Kingsglaive cutscenes lol, but their presence is barely there in say Lestallum.

I also couldn't even tell if Jared
had died or simply been captured.

No, the empire and it's motivations and behaviour are just as confusing as everyone elses hah, in the sense they seem to just be bad for the sake of it. Or bad here, and not here. In Kingsglaive
they are executing people in the streets, kill the king, destroy the capital and the wall, conquered neighbouring countries and displaced their peoples
and in the main game they don't seem particularly fussed about taking care of Luna (despite how effective they are in Kingsglaive), nipping Noctis in the bud and so on. They need a man in the room for the next game that for every plot point conceived, he says "yup - and how would x character feel about this and thus what conflicts would arise/what would they do. Don't say it out loud - show it somehow"

Will still caveat that I'm not done yet. Things *technically* could change, although at this point the damage would still be done.

Ingeniero

I want to level up quickly.
What's the best method?
I'm level 70 atm with 200K exp stored.

I also have 26 rare coins, what's the best way to use them?

Thanks

Rush_Khan

Finally finished the game and entering this thread for the first time.

Final Fantasy XV is one of the best games I have ever played. Everything from the combat, to the story, to the music, everything just felt so perfect for me. I've never felt like this with a game since Kingdom Hearts II, my favourite game of all time.

Sure, it's obvious things were cut and they had to rush some parts, but, with the exception of one chapter, every chapter is executed to the highest standards I've ever seen in gaming.

Still not sure about the ending, but I got really emotional in this game and near the end, and felt something I haven't felt since Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (before that was Final Fantasy X).

I'm glad I got to play this game. This year has seen some amazing games for me: Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, not to mention I still haven't started The Last Guardian. But, for me, Final Fantasy XV is definitely my game of the year.

LotusHD

Banned
I finally got the Zwill Crossblade. What other 3 weapons should I pair it with? Sword of the father. What's the other 2?

Balmung (namely if you have Airdance) and honestly whatever else you'd like I suppose, like say the Bow of the Clever to use in tandem with Overwhelm.

Deku Tree

So you can basically hold circle and pop potions and get through all the combat encounters in this game without doing anything else.

GAF, the game finally arrived today and I've started to play. Remember, I'm the guy whose never played a FF before, loves RPGs with great stories, and who you recommended to not buy the game. It was on sale though so I got it anyway. Any tips I need to know?

For instance, I remember hearing I should watch some animated movie or whatever to help understand the lore and whatnot. But, if the game's main story truly is crap should I just ignore it? I'm already suspect because I got to Cindy and she gave us our first hunt quest and all I kept thinking was, "how the HELL is she and her Pa Pa speaking to me like this if I truly am the Crown Prince?!" They should both be on their knees, stepping over themselves to fix my car free of charge and as quickly as possible. Or is this area not under my family's domain?

Mentok

Banned
So I'm in Ch.8 and about to start Costlemark Tower (Not locked, just regular. I'm lvl 52), but I had a few questions:
1) Is it still glitched where I may not get the royal arms, or was that fixed in the last patch?
2) From what others have said
it's possible to go straight to the boss without having to go through the 3 mini-boss rooms of red giants and nagas
?

This is the last dungeon I have to do and figured I'd just get it over with.

EDIT:
...I got to Cindy and she gave us our first hunt quest and all I kept thinking was, "how the HELL is she and her Pa Pa speaking to me like this if I truly am the Crown Prince?!" They should both be on their knees, stepping over themselves to fix my car free of charge and as quickly as possible. Or is this area not under my family's domain?

Be prepared for disappointment. EVERYONE treats you like some commoner. Hell, I even forget I'm supposed to be a prince with all the crap I do (especially if you do any of the side quests).

Be prepared for disappointment. EVERYONE treats you like some commoner. Hell, I even forget I'm supposed to be a prince with all the crap I do (especially if you do any of the side quests).

Alright, I'm gonna ignore the story then. Another question, is the framerate supposed to be crap on PS4?

So you can basically hold circle and pop potions and get through all the combat encounters in this game without doing anything else.

Switch hold circle with tap a/x/circle and you could say this of every final fantasy game. If you want to intentionally mange the game less fun for yourself, go for it... But it's disingenuous to imply that this is the ideal way to play for strategy or enjoyment.

Also, you're the crown Prince of literally nothing... You should be happy of anyone refers to or treats you better than anyone else.

I want to level up quickly.
What's the best method?
I'm level 70 atm with 200K exp stored.

I also have 26 rare coins, what's the best way to use them?

Thanks

If you already have the rare coins, use 1x element and 8x rare coins and craft as many exp spells as you can. Do the same with the debased items. They are worse for xp but still worth using if you have them.
Equip Moogle charms on everyone.
Eat the xp enhancing food at Altissia for 8k gil.
Go NE of Hammerhead and cast all of the spells on the wild Bandersnatch. Equip your guys with bad weapons so they don't kill it too fast. If you do kill it, it will respawn within minutes so no huge deal.

Then, once you have exhausted your supply of rare coins, and with the Altissia xp meal active, go to Verinas Mart and farm the Wyvern quest using the
ring magic
. Sell the drops for decent gil as a bonus.

Do the math to see when the best time to rest in Altissia for the 3x modifier.

Shouldn't take too long to get to 99 from 70 that way. Maybe an hour or 2 tops.

Alright, I'm gonna ignore the story then. Another question, is the framerate supposed to be crap on PS4?

Let me go into a bit more detail from my previous post...
in Kingsglaive insomnia has already abandoned everything outside of the city. Most people either don't like or don't even care about the royalty our anyone inside the city.

So, general disinterest in the royalty plus the fall of the royal family means for most people you are one of three things (if they recognize you)

A spoiled brat to a king that didn't care about them.

Just some kid that is sort of famous because he's the son of a former king.

Or an enemy of the imperial military and the provisional government of insomnia.

Deku Tree

If you already have the rare coins, use 1x element and 8x rare coins and craft as many exp spells as you can. Do the same with the debased items. They are worse for xp but still worth using if you have them.
Go NE of Hammerhead and cast all of the spells on the wild Bandersnatch. Equip your guys with bad weapons so they don't kill it too fast. If you do kill it, it will respawn within minutes so no huge deal.

Then, once you have exhausted your supply of rare coins, and with the Altissia xp meal active, go to Verinas Mart and farm the Wyvern quest using the
ring magic

What is the easiest way to get Moogle Charms?

Zakalwe

Banned

I guess you could, but that not only would that be dull it would take forever.

The challenge in this game is to efficiently beat the encounters, get consistant high railings, and look good doing it.

It's not difficult, but it's very fun imo.

SkylineRKR

JMV machine in altissia, 10k version. I think 40 chests hands out a Moogle charm. This should take some 20 minutes perhaps? Rest are in dungeons I think.

I usually forgot equipping them. Really, with Expericast and a decent amount of rare coins you can shoot up to 99 regardless.

Deku Tree

JMV machine in altissia, 10k version. I think 40 chests hands out a Moogle charm. This should take some 20 minutes perhaps? Rest are in dungeons I think.

I usually forgot equipping them. Really, with Expericast and a decent amount of rare coins you can shoot up to 99 regardless.

I did that once to get to 99 chests. Took me 1.5 hours. I guess I had bad luck with the RNG. Not gonna play that again right now.

Ferr986

Wish there was some markers to see where I have hunts to do. Halfway rank 9 and I don't know any more hunts available. Gonna have to stop on all stations :/

gdt

So I'm in the first dungeon. But I have a problem, as soon as you walk in the boys go into slow walk crouch mode and they won't get out of it. Do I have to go through the whol dungeon (and the rest too?) this way? Because if so my god

Ferr986

So I'm in the first dungeon. But I have a problem, as soon as you walk in the boys go into slow walk crouch mode and they won't get out of it. Do I have to go through the whol dungeon (and the rest too?) this way? Because if so my god

Just go sprinting around. They move that way when there's monsters close.

Finally killed the 5 Coeurls. My tactic. Got raped and summoned Titan. Fuck Coeurls and fuck that hunt.

I also finally get the Jared title. Did the producers expect me to care about him?

Gbraga

Holy shit, infiltrating the Leide base was intense as fuck!

I also finally get the Jared title. Did the producers expect me to care about him?

I don't think they did. At least nothing while playing the game gave me that impression. Maybe the english voices made it more dramatic than it should be, I wouldn't know, but at least playing with japanese voices they were definitely more worried about the boy than sad because of Jared.

I'm doing that first fishing sidequest, Fishing buddies. How the hell do you catch Crag Barramundi? Been trying to get it for the past 45 minutes. Is there a specific lure you have to use to catch it?

Ricker

Cid has disappeared from his chair near Cindy in Hammerhead...is this normal or is my game glitched...just a yes or no please...I would hate to have the mats for the upgrades and him being glitched...

Gbraga

As someone who really enjoyed fishing, the "endgame" fishing was pretty disappointing. Both Gladio's quest and what I assume is Navyth's final quest were basically fishing Adamantoises. No erratic movement patterns you have to adapt to in order to beat it, it's just waiting. Make sure you don't start with a line that has less than 600 durability and you can stay awake for 10 minutes and you're good to go!

Had more exciting moments catching random shit all over Lucis.

The unique animations were pretty awesome, though.

EDIT: Ok, NOCTIGA made up for it, LMAO.

Mailbox

Cid has disappeared from his chair near Cindy in Hammerhead...is this normal or is my game glitched...just a yes or no please...I would hate to have the mats for the upgrades and im being glitched...

What chapter are you on?
in chapters 6-8 he isn't at hammerhead, but instead at Cape Caem.

Jinroh

I finally reached chapter 13, and while it's terrible it's not as bas as I thought it would be. It's just a 1 hour and 30 minutes long chore. I've seen worst in recent RPG (The sewers in Xeogears were attrocious).

The problem isn't really chapter 13. It's what comes before. Since I left Altissia the game has become a chore. Even the "dungeons" suck. The game just makes me waste my time running back and forth between objectives, and even sometimes forces me to walk to stretch the time it would take to finish the chapters!

The open world was okay if I don't take into account the fetch quests, but this last part of the game is just plain attrocious. FF13 felt like a chore because of its overlong fights and linearity, but at least it had good cutscenes, good character development, lots of interesting events and overall felt like a solid and finished game. I really don't have this feeling with FF15. It really feels like half the game was rushed at the last minute.

Designing fetch quest doesn't require months, and the last chapters I played barely have any interesting or grandiose cut-scenes. It really feels like I'm playing the beta version of a game devoid of its finishing touch.

Ugh, looks like I'm actually going to have to grind for the first time this playthrough. I'm about 10 levels under what the "recommended level" is for the next main quest.

Ingeniero

ring magic

Thanks man.
I'm level 99 now.

I'll hunt that
Adamantoise
now ..

Adaren

Just go sprinting around. They move that way when there's monsters close.

You can also move much faster by jump spamming iirc. Doesn't apply to every slow walk area, but it does to most of the dungeons.

Total jaw-dropping moment for me. Also when I got control back and was looking all around. Felt like a kid. I wanted to see everything.

Oh for sure. I have to admit, Lestellum didn't do much for me, but Altissia is incredibly designed and very much a final fantasy city to me. Even hunting for the dress was a quirky quest that reminded me of old. Very well designed locale and the entrance on the waterway thing..wow!

Have arrived at the next chapter. Have mixed feelings on what went down at Altissia but over all it wasn't as bad as I'd expected, more a bit awkward in terms of the actual set piece execution. Super interested in how things proceed, I liked
just being on the train, everyone just totally down, and actually standing up to Noctis being so wishy-washy!
. I like that touch of just making you experience a bit of that moment

Gbraga

Man, all of the fetch questlines should be more like Holly's. Everyone's final quest was pretty fun, and it would be a lot better paced if there was much less of each of them before the final payoff, like Holly's.

Now I only have to check with Iris and Talcott, and I think I can set to Altissia. Vyv already gave me a sidequest to do there, haha.

Top Bottom