• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Mentok

Banned
LOL Costlemark wrecked me....too underlevelled I guess. I'll save it for postgame. EDIT: Should mention it was the damn level 43 lightning balls that did it. Everything else would've been easy. I just bum rushed the side quest, but will clear the dungeon postgame.

VanEpoch

Neo Member
Question... my car is dirty and smashed to shit... yet Cindy refuses to service it. What am I missing?

I've heard of people fixing this issue by causing more damage while driving w/ Noctis and then getting it repaired. It seems like the car is showing damage but isn't getting flagged as damaged or whatever.

Ultimadrago

For the Nixperience Band, does it bank your experience for you or just eliminate it? As in, can you use the item to take advantage of sleeping at hotels without using your multiplier until you're ready?

LordKasual

Banned
For the Nixperience Band, does it bank your experience for you or just eliminate it? As in, can you use the item to take advantage of sleeping at hotels without using your multiplier until you're ready?

Banks it. You earn everything regularly, you just don't consume it when sleeping.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Silly (but kind of true!) Over ten years ago in art college I made this character design, and FOR SOME REASON I was reminded of it this year.

C0-o6uaUQAESBAF.jpg

(Someone pls PM Nomura and Ferrari, I accept cashiers checks)

Riposte

So unless I'm doing it wrong the "level stopper" (Nixexperience Band or whatever) doesn't actually manage EXP gain, it just delays gaining levels. That's effectively useless the moment you want to gain even just one level. Anyone else disappointed by this?

Cornbread78

oh my....

I just finished chapter.9

On one hand, that boss battle was both breathtaking and amazing, albeit a little too "automatic." On the other hand, even though I knew it was coming because the
death flags
were everywhere, NOOOOOOOOOO.

Fuck, I'm broken now...

MCermak

I was wondering if anyone had run into this problem, sorry if this has been answered a million times.

I'm trying to talk to Cid for the next part of the Better Engine Blade quest and it won't let me access the quest dialogue and only let me talk to Cid with his normal dialogue. It's like the markers are too close together for the game to differentiate them.

Why they chose to design it this way, I do not know. Am I just missing something here, or is this bugged?

Mailbox

I was wondering if anyone had run into this problem, sorry if this has been answered a million times.

I'm trying to talk to Cid for the next part of the Better Engine Blade quest and it won't let me access the quest dialogue and only let me talk to Cid with his normal dialogue. It's like the markers are too close together for the game to differentiate them.

Why they chose to design it this way, I do not know. Am I just missing something here, or is this bugged?

Which version of the engine blade do you have?
Have you activated a quest?
Do you have
a rusted bit, glass gemstone, and sturdy helixhorn
for each respectable upgrade?
Is he currently upgrading something else (if so, do 2-3 quests and then rest)

KraytarJ

oh my....

I just finished chapter.9

On one hand, that boss battle was both breathtaking and amazing, albeit a little too "automatic." On the other hand, even though I knew it was coming because the
death flags
were everywhere, NOOOOOOOOOO.

Fuck, I'm broken now...
I just finished Chapter 9 and I feel the exact opposite. The boss fight was just hold R1+O for a little too long and I felt absolutely nothing for that character. The entire chapter and in particular the goodbye scene were beautiful but it had no emotional impact on me, I can't believe that's the arc they went with.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Geeze. This game might just have the hardest superbosses in the series. Been losing over and over for an hour now at max level.
I'll catch that Regal Arapaima yet.

So unless I'm doing it wrong the "level stopper" (Nixexperience Band or whatever) doesn't actually manage EXP gain, it just delays gaining levels. That's effectively useless the moment you want to gain even just one level. Anyone else disappointed by this?
I waited an entire month not playing and spent the day before doing fishing and Justice Monsters just to not gain more EXP so that I could only gain EXP from mandatory quests.

Needless to say it hurts. It hurts a lot.

wbEMX

That part was nightmare to me. I was hoping any summon will pop out but they didn't even bother showing up. Should had went straight instead of bothering going right lol

The room that was much more worse in Costlemark was
the part there you had to beat THREE of those giant flame sword guys and a snake-like creature and some additional smaller enemies. Ho-ly shit. That was the one part where I DID get the summon and I've never been happier.

otapnam

The room that was much more worse in Costlemark was
the part there you had to beat THREE of those giant flame sword guys and a snake-like creature and some additional smaller enemies. Ho-ly shit. That was the one part where I DID get the summon and I've never been happier.

I was also spared. Definitely want to go back after getting those end game weapons though

Flying is absolutely not slower than driving, wtf?

It's faster than fast travel across some distances. At least on a standard PS4 HDD.
Flying is definitely faster.

How about the invisible walls, turns you around which is frustrating, why cant you fly over everything in world, whats the deal with that, then you have to land which isnt hard but you still have to take time to adjust to road, just takes longer for me at least, they shouldve made it more helicopter like so can land anywhere but Im sure they thought of that and just couldnt for reasons.

Also yeah. I hate these invisible walls.

Have some cool photos to share. I've taken(well Prompto has) around 200 photos but of all of them, these ones have really stood out. I dunno but I love the look and shot of these.

SHarris78

Post game has shown just how bad I am at the game. Spent 20 mins fighting what looked like a giant cabbage and its kids at the Vesperpool which was level 45 I believe (I'm level 93), after using far too many potions to keep going I was rescued by a summon.

The level 75 Tonberry Knights were no joke either, again lots of potions, a summon and excessive use of Overwhelm got me through.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Ended up spending several hours trying to catch the Regal Arapaima and could only ever get it down to around 20%. I'm pretty decent at fishing too. Caught the Noble Arapaima at level 7, without the best gear, and with a third of my line left, on my first try. This one is nearly impossible though. I think I might have just spawned a huge one by chance. I'm gonna try a different spawn tomorrow.

Deku Tree

Just finish chapter 13. Loved it. Don't understand all the complaints. Although it was a little long. But it has a lot of save points so you can easily take a break.
Haven't all the complainers played a MGS game?
. It was a refreshing change of pace. Glad I got to play the original version.

DukeBobby

Chapter 13 wasn't as bad as I feared. Yes, it was very long and very boring, but at least it felt somewhat competently designed, unlike the
Titan and Leviathan
fights. Thankfully, they were over much more quickly, though.

Ingeniero

Secret dungeon spoiler.

Can't make the Regalia Type-F land properly in the road to get to Pitioss... I keep dying... I'll guess I'll never get to that dungeon, no biggie I guess.

Also, call me weird, but I liked chapter 13.
And I wasn't boring or too long because I interrupted it a few times to do some side quests. Would play again.

Bought the game, and I plan on starting it tomorrow. This'll be my first FF.

Which graphics options do you guys recommend for someone who owns a PS4 Pro? Note that I only have a 1080p TV.

Cornbread78

I just finished Chapter 9 and I feel the exact opposite. The boss fight was just hold R1+O for a little too long and I felt absolutely nothing for that character. The entire chapter and in particular the goodbye scene were beautiful but it had no emotional impact on me, I can't believe that's the arc they went with.

I loved both sets of visuals more than anything else. And while there wasn't much character developement done with said character, it was a beautiful and tragic scene.. The fight, well, yeah, I didn't like the fight(same with
Titan
) but it was very impressive visually.

Zambatoh

Also, call me weird, but I liked chapter 13.
And I wasn't boring or too long because I interrupted it a few times to do some side quests. Would play again.

Now how in the world did you do that? Considering Umbra is disabled in this chapter, that really shouldn't be possible.

Just finished the story. Nice ending. Still two trophies to go. Will wrap it up today and move on to The Last Guardian.

As of now Final Fantasy XV is my GoTY.

Deku Tree

How do you grind for that agis root ingredient that you need to make the 50% exp boost chokobo sandwich? Looks like you can't buy it omg.

sackninja

Question (I'm on chapter 6)

How long is iris in your party for? She seems quite useful to have around but I have a feeling I will lose her as soon as I get to Caem. Also the fight at the end of that Base was pretty cool.

Orcastar

Just finished the game at 35 hours played. Have to say that the game is right up there with XIII as one of the worst Final Fantasy games I've played.

The story is garbage. The combat system is an unresponsive mess with an infuriatingly bad camera. The vast majority of the side missions are just hollow "content" designed to pad out the experience. And from chapter 9 onwards the whole thing just completely falls apart.

I was really excited to finally get to play another single-player Final Fantasy, and even though the Platinum demo tempered my hype somewhat, I was still really hyped for XV. Suffice it to say that the finished product didn't even come close to meeting my expectations.

Honestly I'm having a hard time deciding which game I'd consider a bigger disappointment this year, this or No Man's Sky.

The music was nice though.

Radogol

I'm level 26 and am at the very beginning of chapter 3. If I were to focus exclusively on main quests and ignore the side content from now on, would I have a particularly hard time?

Cornbread78

Question (I'm on chapter 6)

How long is iris in your party for? She seems quite useful to have around but I have a feeling I will lose her as soon as I get to Caem. Also the fight at the end of that Base was pretty cool.

Not long enough unfortunately. Bust out some hunts and side missions while
she's
there.

Gui_PT

Combat system is an unresponsive mess? What?

Anyway, my obsession with completing as much as I can always causes me to be over-leveled. Finished the game at level 70 something =\

JoeNut

Just got to chapter 9 and lmfao at
umbra just randomly giving you time travel abilities
Surely there was a better way to achieve this like maybe
noctis could learn to warp to different locations

Gui_PT

Just got to chapter 9 and lmfao at
umbra just randomly giving you time travel abilities
Surely there was a better way to achieve this like maybe
noctis could learn to warp to different locations

But then shouldn't he be able to warp wherever he wants and solve every problem/kill every enemy/reach any area he needed?

sackninja

Combat system is an unresponsive mess? What?

Anyway, my obsession with completing as much as I can always causes me to be over-leveled. Finished the game at level 70 something =

I don't get it either. The combat is slick, using the analogue stick to change your combo to dodge attacks without the dodge button is so satisfying. As is perfectly ending your combo in thimerosal to dodge the enemy's attack. Love the combat in this game.

Top Bottom