• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ricker

Prompto going crazy in Altissia lol...I dont blame him though,beautiful place ;)

Thanks to everyone that answered my questions a few pages back! Been busy with work so I couldn't respond but I really appreciate it.

People are saying I need to watch Kingslave? What is that?

First of all,it's not half bad and it's a great intro to the game,you will understand a lot of things better,especially the first few chapters...

Durden77

First of all,it's not half bad and it's a great intro to the game,you will understand a lot of things better,especially the first few chapters...

Oh it's a movie interesting. Didn't know about it at all.

Also why is Ignis not cookin for me when we rest anymore? And food's stat buffs are temporary right?

WarAdept

Oh this is going to be shit.

Doing a 2nd Menace dungeon right now and it's basically a carbon copy of the first one. Terrible map (and lack of) and super boring. I gotta do this how many times for the Ultimate Weapons?

Awesome

These are awesome, thanks for sharing. It makes the combat seem really cool. I like it for what it is even though I haven't used it to its full potential:]
Yeah. There's another one here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSqsihozZRY

I love the combat in this game.
Just play ch.13 man. Its not that bad, you are gonna wait half a year for a patch that will make the chapter the very same, just 30 mins shorter.

I didn't mind chapter 13. But it wouldn't hurt to be a bIt shorter. Even with the wired article stating the meaning behind it, this can still be achieved with it being that long.

Chapter 13 felt like ... spoilers for other games and this one I guess
like the umbrella lab sections of the classic Resident Evil titles. It was 100% those vibes which I loved
but yeah entirely too long overall, could have been a good bit shorter and had even more impact. Or more serious story moments.

Just got to level 50-ish and the point where I can start the last chapter but I want to try and get as much as i can done before the last boss. Is there a checklist of sidequests or something anywhere that i can use? I'm not too bothered about the ultra-hard end game stuff, just want to see what can be done before I finish the story.

Philia

The 1.03 patch included new items? I don't have the season pass but I have the CE?

I have like 15k worth of AP to grind and I would like to have one of those items that helps with the AP grind.

Any tips on making it easier?

I finally completed the story chapters today, and... it was a surprisingly decent story! I don't think many will agree but I ended up enjoying it.

Chapter 13
just needs to let the player move like they would in other dungeons (on top of whatever they plan on cutting) and it would speed up considerably just from that alone. It feels like a bug that it is the only area in the game where Noctis' jumping speed is reduced to match his walk speed.

The 1.03 patch included new items? I don't have the season pass but I have the CE?

I have like 15k worth of AP to grind and I would like to have one of those items that helps with the AP grind.

Any tips on making it easier?
There are accessories in the base game that get you additional AP for doing certain things in combat, but I think I only found about one or two of those and in the higher difficulty parts of the game.

There's a free holiday pack that gives you some items like the Nixperience band which stops you from leveling (which is good for either capping your level for the rest of the game or building up a ton of EXP to sleep at a high multiplier inn). I forget if said holiday pack comes with anything that helps with AP but I just leveled from 42 to 81 in one Inn stay and got a few hundred AP from the level gains, so that taught me that even just leveling faster can give you more AP.

Philia

There's a free holiday pack that gives you some items like the Nixperience band which stops you from leveling (which is good for either capping your level for the rest of the game or building up a ton of EXP to sleep at a high multiplier inn). I forget if said holiday pack comes with anything that helps with AP but I just leveled from 42 to 81 in one Inn stay and got a few hundred AP from the level gains, so that taught me that even just leveling faster can give you more AP.

Yeah, I'm in low 70s right now and I still have like 15k worth. I don't know if its worth pursuing so I thought to explore my options on effective ap grinding first before giving it up.

EDIT: D'oh. I just now figured it out. I imagine it'll take forever, but I suppose I can just rubber band the controller stick and have it hold down on the R2 while riding the chocobo in some confined space and just meta game from there.

Deku Tree

Yeah. Its a
Murk Grouper
so use the appropriate lure for that one. I was also lv 10 fishing and I think had the second best rod and reel.

Im lvl 3 fishing (its the only trophy that I'm missing now) and I'm trying to catch the liege of the lake but I can catch ten fish and the liege never shows up.

Philia

Trying to farm a Sturdy Helixhorn is pure misery.

I'm so sorry. I legit got this on my first try which was baffling because while I was reading up on where to get it from, I read that a lot of people would attempt at this for a couple of hours at most. So I was basically prepared... and yeah.

To be helpful, I was wearing my casuals (to increase chances of criticals), using my highest made engine blade and made sure to target the head of the creature known as Duplicorn by constant warping at it. I used the lv 29 hunt from Old Lestallum to do this. I also got that beast down to a silver of health before I got the drop. Oh yeah, I also unlocked the skill for breaking demon appendages.

coopolon

wow, some of these youtube videos make the combat seem awesome.

I clearly did not understand it, my combat looked nothing like that.

Makes me think about picking it up again once it's on sale on steam someday.

Kazzy

To be fair, the game only really explains it in terms of the mechanics, and not the possibilities. They could have done themselves a lot of favors by showcasing the flair aspects of the combat design, rather than the drab tutorials that we ended up with.

And you know, actually make the air-dash a default ability...

GeeTeeCee

I'm so sorry. I legit got this on my first try which was baffling because while I was reading up on where to get it from, I read that a lot of people would attempt at this for a couple of hours at most. So I was basically prepared... and yeah.

To be helpful, I was wearing my casuals (to increase chances of criticals), using my highest made engine blade and made sure to target the head of the creature known as Duplicorn by constant warping at it. I used the lv 29 hunt from Old Lestallum to do this. I also got that beast down to a silver of health before I got the drop. Oh yeah, I also unlocked the skill for breaking demon appendages.

:(

When I started playing today and got the Catoblepas Brisket I needed for a sidequest on the second attempt, I knew that my RNG luck for the day had already been used up.

But I still allowed myself to hope...

Deku Tree

Just need to get from rank 5 to rank 10 in fishing for the platinum. crazy that you don't even have the ability to catch the biggest fish without ranking up all the way to 10.

Zoe

I tried maybe 4 or 5 times (in addition to the first time before I realized I needed the drop). The last couple I had the Mother and Child meal boost, and on the final one I realised I could target the head.

Just need to get from rank 5 to rank 10 in fishing for the platinum. crazy that you don't even have the ability to catch the biggest fish without ranking up all the way to 10.
What's the biggest fish? I gave up fishing after I finished that one sidequest line plus the Liege of the Lake or w/e.

ironmang

Lol finally got around to Chapter 13. My expectations were low given some things I heard but wow, it managed to limbo right under that low bar. Been at it for awhile and decided to check youtube to see roughly how long it is. THREE HOURS!!!!

Audioboxer

Lol finally got around to Chapter 13. My expectations were low given some things I heard but wow, it managed to limbo right under that low bar. Been at it for awhile and decided to check youtube to see roughly how long it is. THREE HOURS!!!!

Jeeez. Even although I've been advised just to soldier through, I almost just have to do it pre-patch to see why it's getting such responses.

ironmang

Jeeez. Even although I've been advised just to soldier through, I almost just have to do it pre-patch to see why it's getting such responses.

It's not even just the length. It's the gameplay and story are pretty much non-existent as you walk down hallway after hallway after hallway. Maybe they wanted to make the main story last longer but ran out of ideas.

It's not even just the length. It's the gameplay and story are pretty much non-existent as you walk down hallway after hallway after hallway. Maybe they wanted to make the main story last longer but ran out of ideas.

Nah, they had ideas. They just ran out of time.

Mid point of the game should've been breaking into an imperial facility with Areianna(dragoon lady) to rescue Promto. Then regrouping and tackling Shiva and a few more Espers/helping towns destroyed by the empire. That would've added so much more to the game. Really showed how terrible the empire is.

bumpkin

I just finished chapter 7 last night, but now I'm wondering, is there a point (chapter) that you become unable to wander off and do side quests until after you finish the game?

cornerman

My brother is
fighting ifrit but the shiva summon won't trigger. None of ifrit attacks hurt him as he is overpowered, and ifrits's lifeboat is at a sliver.
Any ideas how to fix this supposed glitch?

Wurst

For fucks sake...Chapter 8 took me 15 mins to complete.

This game is a narrative and pacing mess. It's so much fun though.

Ch9:
off to enjoy some sweet linearity. And I hope Story...

Finished again last night, final battles being quick to run through if skipping some of the story scenes (great ending to the game, just don't need to watch them each runthrough). I was playing around with the glitch
Aranea in party
during this latest session which was fun but after finish will leave things as normal and tend to some much-needed fishing.

Prompto did get a lot of nice pics related to the glitch. ;)

I do quite like the game, obviously.

komplanen

33hrs and I'm now in Altissa. Been a fun couple of days doing sidequests and generally just running around.

Game is far from perfect, but it certainly has its charisma. Really a big shame the story is being told so poorly. It seems interesting, but so far I have a feeling that somebody dropped the script and could only find half of it 😂

It's well worth getting into now.

Guys, I'm at Bandersnatch's location and it's not there. It's night time does that matter?
Nope

I just finished chapter 7 last night, but now I'm wondering, is there a point (chapter) that you become unable to wander off and do side quests until after you finish the game?
Nope
Based on what I read, I thought at some point Jared's death would feature again in some kind of flashback, which I did not find. If not what's the title referring to?
There is actually a semi-hidden
gravestone which shows where Jared was laid to rest
My brother is
fighting ifrit but the shiva summon won't trigger. None of ifrit attacks hurt him as he is overpowered, and ifrits's lifeboat is at a sliver.
Any ideas how to fix this supposed glitch?

No idea.
He has to be in the staggered state.

A lot of things in this game hint at a sort of deeper mythology concerning time and time travel/destiny beyond just the obvious Umbra stuff - it crops up repeatedly in a few other places too. Super curious to read the Ultimania translations when it finally comes out.

A lot of things in this game hint at a sort of deeper mythology concerning time and time travel/destiny beyond just the obvious Umbra stuff - it crops up repeatedly in a few other places too. Super curious to read the Ultimania translations when it finally comes out.

"a stitch in time" 😏

Audioboxer

Still miles better than that horrendous that is 13's story. Its an incomprehensible mess.

Something something of the Cocoon brought about a fal'Cie which if you multiply it by the pulse it might end up with an l'Cie. Or some fucking purge might happen? Basically take terminology from FF13 and put it all into a random sentence creator and that's the FF13 plot.

But aye, FF13 is hot garbage on the story front. FF15 so far just seems a bit too barebones. Almost like "hey guys pls buy and watch the movie". The story isn't my biggest complaint, it's the absolutely terrible quests. IF the story was fantastic, it would wipe away some of the stains the side quests brand on your soul, but considering how barebones and meh it is you don't even have great side quests to prop it up. Admittedly I haven't finished it yet, but I am pretty much at the final 1/3rd of the game and I give zero fucks about the story. I enjoy the guys banter and road trip... but that's not a story, it's some dudes hanging out, cooking shit and camping.

In a truly great story said interactions would be the attention to detail that props it up to the realms of godlike FF experiences/game experiences in general. IMO of course.

Philia

Something something of the Cocoon brought about a fal'Cie which if you multiply it by the pulse it might end up with an l'Cie. Or some fucking purge might happen?

But aye, FF13 is hot garbage on the story front. FF15 so far just seems a bit too barebones. Almost like "hey guys pls buy and watch the movie".

I agree but I have to admit its actually refreshing. I know its a rpg, but most of the time I prefer to NOT have a "plot" shoved into our throats while we're trying to enjoy a game.

And also after SEVERAL redo overs, I'd forgive them for just finally letting it go as is. We've already waited for a decade.

Top Bottom