• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ok just started this up and enjoying, should I go through story then do side stuff, Im only up to first area, pretty much tutorial gas station, how should I proceed with this FF?

My take up to chapter 10... do it at your own pace, but if you're super into side quests you might want to at least finish chapter 8 which is when you finish unlocking all the areas in the open world. Honestly, I'd get 'your fill' of the open world at that point. While you can go back, after chapter 9, it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

So what exactly was the point of
gladiolus leaving your party
in chapter 7? I hope it's explored in depth later because right now it seems completely random and like it was added
to make people buy the DLC later

level1

in chapter 7? I hope it's explored in depth later because right now it seems completely random and like it was added

Sorry to break it to you..

DNAbro

I have a season pass to sell you.

Lynx_7

He went to hunt down Stella, bu she put up a hell of a fight.

Yes, that's how I interpreted it. Not the most egregious thing I've seen but I didn't love it.

Btw anybody find themselves using mostly one weapon? I almost never switch off daggers.

Well I figured as much but that's pretty fucking gross, and the first strike against the game. It's one thing to sell DLC but to intentionally impact the story that way is scummy.

You do realize that they took out the entirety of the first 2 hours of the game and packaged it as a movie right? This game is pretty much all story DLC.

Oh God, I finally reached chapter 13 and if these first twenty minutes are anything to go by then I'm in for 2+ hours of tedious bullshit.

Tyaren

Ok just started this up and enjoying, should I go through story then do side stuff, Im only up to first area, pretty much tutorial gas station, how should I proceed with this FF?

Do what you want. Over nearly the entire game (only some sections restrict you for a while) it is possible to just explore and quest in the open world. And the open world is imo by far the best part of this game.
My big mistake was rushing in the last 1/3 of the game, the game feels like it is rushing you though. And that marred my overall experience with this game.
I'm doing a second playthrough right now, taking my time and I am enjoying the game so much more, even the last 1/3. My playtime will likely triple and what I uncover and what I am able to do too.

Awesome, just started the Myrlwood, and the combat music won't stop playing.

This sucks.

Edit:
There was one mob in the entire dungeon. Lol, wtf?

Whooo got a sturdy hexihorn... that took much longer than I was hoping it would. Now to actually go back to focusing on real side missions.

Tyaren

Awesome, just started the Myrlwood, and the combat music won't stop playing.

This sucks.

I came across just a few minor bugs in the entire game. It was stuff like that. What fixed them was either sleeping at a camp or hotel or if that didn't help going back to the title menu and back to the game again.

Edit: Yeah, or just paying attention that I messed up. XD

If you encounter any weird bugs, I find returning to car/rest stop will fix it with the load screen.

Or just saving and loading.

That said, that doesn't help the random crashes... But I've only had 2 in 50 hours of playing, so it's really not too huge of a problem. Thank god one auto save put me only 10 minutes back and another 15... Much more than that and I'd have been pretty disheartened.

Jeffrey

enemy levels doesn't seem to mean shit. Like it doesn't seem to be any correlation with their hp and damage they do lol.

strange.

I'm using a map from gosunoob to find dungeons I haven't been to yet. The one I'm at now is the one you do with
Aranea
. It's not marked on my map though. Anybody know why?

NastyBook

12142152_1510134265969536_6869965_n.jpg

Welcome to Galdin Quay The Maldives.
"Smells good."
"I was just about to say the same thing."

LordKasual

Banned
I take more issue with
her lack of dialogue than her death. FF has always liked killing characters, a certain female character's death just happens to be the most iconic death in the series. Luna probably got dealt a shittier hand than any previous heroine though. Never had any freedom or control over her life, only ever wanted to help Noct and be by his side, and in the end was tossed aside as soon as she fulfilled her "purpose."

This was the overarching theme of the story, though. I think alot of people missed this.

None of them had any control over their lives. Luna, Noctis, and Ardyn all suffered the same fate.
Ardyn was blessed with the ability to end the Starscourge, goes on a selfless healing spree, everyone loves him. Then the Six tell him to fuck off and he's made into a pariah by the dude who usurps him. They brand him "The Accursed" and refuse him ascension to the afterlife. The gods use him to stop a plague and then (literally) cast him out when he's finished.
Luna was born into the same power, goes on a healing spree, everyone loves her. Her calling as Oracle involves awaking the Astrals so Noctis can grow stronger, which is rapidly killing her. Ardyn kills her out of spite, but if that Ravus cutscene is any indication she probably wasn't going to survive the story anyway. Leviathian was the last Astral that was just floating around -- Shiva was the one guiding Luna up until that point, Bahamut was in the crystal, and Ifrit DEFINITELY would have murdered her if she even tried. Ardyn killed her pretty much exactly when she was no longer really useful.
Noctis was born into a power that he watched slowly murder his father, knowing he's going to have to take his place when it finishes him off. He's had a crosshair on his head since he was a child. His powers are important, but the only thing Noctis really cared about is reaching Luna. Of course he still has his friends, but when he finally gets to his goal (the Crystal), Bahamut reveals that the ULTIMATE goal of his bloodline is to kill Ardyn. He then loses 10 years of his life, and when he comes back, he basically only has time to say "love ya guys" before he goes off to fight and kill himself.

TL;DR

Luna existed solely to make Noctis stronger. (which she did)

Noctis existed solely to kill Ardyn. (which he did)

Ardyn existed solely to end the Starscourge. (which he, ultimately, did)

The gods fucked everyone over.

Seik

Banned
Talking about bugs, yesterday I had a weird one where Ignis was transparent.

He was clearly there, but you could see people through him. Things went back to normal after five minutes.

I was like ''Ignis, you OK fam? Someone slept with your mother in the past?''

Ishida

Banned
Talking about bugs, yesterday I had a weird one where Ignis was transparent.

He was clearly there, but you could see people through him. Things went back to normal after five minutes.

I was like ''Ignis, you OK fam? Someone slept with your mother in the past?''

Same happened to me, but with Gladio.

RDreamer

I caught that Kotaku article on how FFXV's trailers give too much away and was just musingly skipping through a lot of them to remind myself about them and holy crap I didn't realize how crazy much was cut from the game. There are almost two entire CG story trailers where none of that shows up in the game. The leadup to the
Leviathan
fight was crazy prominent in one trailer and completely absent in game.

Also, the beginning of that one trailer had that giant turtle monster. Is that Adamantoise you guys at post-game are talking about? Does the scene play out like that in game? Weird they'd use post game stuff like that to lead off a trailer and not have it be something you just pass by in game like it kind of seems.

I really wonder if they have a ton of stuff like 80-90% finished or mostly finished and buggy right now or something.

Falk

that puzzling face
My observation:

Transparency bug definitely has to do with when a cutscene occurs/commandeers the game engine while one of the bros is close to the camera (which temporarily makes them translucent). When the cutscene ends the game engine doesn't think to update their translucency value. If you move the camera close enough that the translucency algo kicks in again though, it fixes itself.

Speaking of which it'd be real swell if that feature was applied to trees. :(

So uh....
out of no where Areana just jumped out of a ship and cleared out the Daemons who were in front of my car night
Had no idea this could happen.

LordKasual

Banned
I was kind of disappointed when they first denied he was in the game. I'm really glad they are actually adding him. Battle in the Big Bridge is a MUST.

I just hope he's the same Gilgamesh.

I find the concept of Gilgamesh seeing Noctis' abilities for the first time just hilarious.

Jennipeg

This was the overarching theme of the story, though. I think alot of people missed this.

None of them had any control over their lives. Luna, Noctis, and Ardyn all suffered the same fate.
Ardyn was blessed with the ability to end the Starscourge, goes on a selfless healing spree, everyone loves him. Then the Six tell him to fuck off and he's made into a pariah by the dude who usurps him. They brand him "The Accursed" and refuse him ascension to the afterlife. The gods use him to stop a plague and then (literally) cast him out when he's finished.
Luna was born into the same power, goes on a healing spree, everyone loves her. Her calling as Oracle involves awaking the Astrals so Noctis can grow stronger, which is rapidly killing her. Ardyn kills her out of spite, but if that Ravus cutscene is any indication she probably wasn't going to survive the story anyway. Leviathian was the last Astral that was just floating around -- Shiva was the one guiding Luna up until that point, Bahamut was in the crystal, and Ifrit DEFINITELY would have murdered her if she even tried. Ardyn killed her pretty much exactly when she was no longer really useful.
Noctis was born into a power that he watched slowly murder his father, knowing he's going to have to take his place when it finishes him off. He's had a crosshair on his head since he was a child. His powers are important, but the only thing Noctis really cared about is reaching Luna. Of course he still has his friends, but when he finally gets to his goal (the Crystal), Bahamut reveals that the ULTIMATE goal of his bloodline is to kill Ardyn. He then loses 10 years of his life, and when he comes back, he basically only has time to say "love ya guys" before he goes off to fight and kill himself.

TL;DR

Luna existed solely to make Noctis stronger. (which she did)

Noctis existed solely to kill Ardyn. (which he did)

Ardyn existed solely to end the Starscourge. (which he, ultimately, did)

The gods fucked everyone over.

When people criticise Luna and say she only exists to help Noctis. It's not necessarily the role she has that is the issue. It's that she has no character development, hardly any back story. What is she like as a person? We know her job and her duty. But what else did she do? Did she have any interests? Did she have time for any? We just don't know anything about her. Compare that to all the things we know about Noctis, that's the difference.

Yuna was all about her duty, but we got to understand why, we got to understand her as a person. That's what I am so critical of with Luna.

Ashe in FFXII was
manipulated by gods but she still had a personality to go with her plot.

I was kind of disappointed when they first denied he was in the game. I'm really glad they are actually adding him. Battle in the Big Bridge is a MUST.

I just hope he's the same Gilgamesh.

There is only one Greg. He's completely aware that his travels have whisked him away to various worlds and he's met several heroes this way. Unlike other FF tropes (like Cids, moogles, chocobos, etc) he's the only one that is the same character each time.

Ishida

Banned
I find the concept of Gilgamesh seeing Noctis' abilities for the first time just hilarious.

Noctis is Gilgamesh's dream come true.

78e5854d25d5522a7bec962fd056f2e7.jpg

There is only one Greg. He's completely aware that his travels have whisked him away to various worlds and he's met several heroes this way. Unlike other FF tropes (like Cids, moogles, chocobos, etc) he's the only one that is the same character each time.

In some games he seems to be a different incarnation, though, like Type-0 or FFIX.

Top Bottom