• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

I swear I thought that Jared was the kid. So when everyone started talking about what they did to Jared and how awful it was and then the kid comes in crying, I thought they had done something to the child that would have made the game much darker.

Falk

that puzzling face
Sewers seem neat.

Have no idea where I'm going though, and I don't even have the quest from Cindy.

What all do I have to do here before I get credit toward starting that quest that opens up all the sealed doors? Kill the boss?

Edit: Is there even a boss? I got both accessories.

At some point you must have seen a room with
four key icons
- passage there leads to the boss.

Just completed the first base and went back to the big town. Man, really starting to see the duct-tape holding the story together already. Found out that my fellow name-sake character Jared is
out of the picture
, like no footage shown at all. Just a casual
"he's gone"
and everyone is real
sad
and I'm like... Is me (I mean the Jared in-game) like Boba Fett who only has ~1 minute of screen-time total and now
gone
suppossed to give the player the full weight of emotional sadness as well as the characters are expressing.

I suppose I have to wait for the future patches to add an epic cut-scene of what really happened that night and to give proper justice to the old man we needed, but don't deserve... Jared.

benzy

zefgkt.png

lfmnep.png

Grassy

I swear I thought that Jared was the kid. So when everyone started talking about what they did to Jared and how awful it was and then the kid comes in crying, I thought they had done something to the child that would have made the game much darker.

Haha holy shit, I thought the same thing.The way the cutscene plays out made it seem like they were talking about the kid. The line about the empire coming while Noct was gone and "..poor Jared", and then everyone is in the hotel room all worried and asking what happened and Iris is like "There's nothing we could do!"...then the door opens and it shows the kid crying, I was like "What the fuck...no way..."

Dave1988

Saved up 1 million EXP and used that sweet, sweet 3.0 multiplier. Went stright from level 61 to 99.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Now, the real grind (AP) begins lol

TheFatMan

Im in Chapter 13. What the fuck is this garbage? This is baffling. Did the person who designed this Chapter even have anything do with the entire rest of the game? It's like someone decided to throw out everything fun about this game to this point and start doing a bunch of horse shit that is tedious and not fun.

This may very well be the most terrible segment in any game I've played in years.

Seriously. What the fuck?

Razmos

Just beat the Pitoss Ruins dungeon in one sitting. That was such an incredibly designed dungeon, extremely fun and challenging while being fair and not totally unforgiving to the player.

That was incredibly memorable.

_Legacy_

Man, just finished chapter 9
why did Lunafreya have to die ffs? She barely had any backstory and I was hoping she'd be there until the end. Not happy about her death at all.

I'm surprised there was no boss at
the rock of Ravatogh.
There was a big ass arena like area near the end and I thought for sure there'd be a monster there.

Mentok

Banned
Just started chapter 4 @ level 51 (yeah I've been doing a LOT of quests and hunts). Gotta say this game is an unusual one for me. On the one hand, it has some pretty glaring flaws that would normally make me stop playing...but on the other hand, I just want to play more in the world. Onward to chapter 4!

Lynx_7

For all the talk that XIII presents its narrative more cohesively (which I suppose it does), I'm still finding myself much more invested on XV's narrative than I ever was on XIII
(or XII for that matter)
Its presentation is overall more disjointed, lots of important story beats happen off-screen, tons of characters are simply wasted, there are some awkwardly tacked in
Luna flashbacks
, and it takes a while to get going, but conceptually and judging each game's individual moments I just find XV's narrative much more interesting to follow, even if it's clearly the skeleton of something that was supposed to be much greater. I guess that just goes to show how weak the storylines in the last few titles have been. The fact that this is the first main cast I've enjoyed since X also helps.
Inb4 XIV

Mesharey

Just finished it, one of the best FF games, so close to become my favorite FF.

Anyone has a link to the 4 chan thread that was posted here recently? Not the old one, I think there was a new one yesterday.

chronosic

Ugh, I think my game is broken after playing for about 90 hours. I keep getting these horrendous frame rate issues. Reloading to the car seems to fix it for a bit. When I get into battles now there's a chance that the game just goes to an endless loading screen while I'm fighting. Anybody experienced this? I have no idea what to do :(

Harmen

For all its faults, the story of XV ultimately paid off for me and I was genuinely moved.

I think it helps that the game depicts the main cast so well during the run. There are little details to be found in terms of the friends interacting almost everywhere. Be it devising a combat plan, helping each other out, pictures showing them taking poses, random dialouges etc. The game also often nails nonverbal communication between the guys. And all of this also occurs outside the context of storymissions. Furthermore, while they are definitely archetypes, I don't think the guys are one-dimensional at all.

LiK

Ugh, I think my game is broken after playing for about 90 hours. I keep getting these horrendous frame rate issues. Reloading to the car seems to fix it for a bit. When I get into battles now there's a chance that the game just goes to an endless loading screen while I'm fighting. Anybody experienced this? I have no idea what to do :(

Tried restarting app or rebooting console?

LordKasual

Banned
Just beat the Pitoss Ruins dungeon in one sitting. That was such an incredibly designed dungeon, extremely fun and challenging while being fair and not totally unforgiving to the player.

That was incredibly memorable.

I had to stop at one point and remind myself which game i was playing. Every time i thought the surprise was over, it got me again.

That dungeon was everything i miss about Final Fantasy and Squaresoft that i forgot i missed. I have no clue why the main game didn't have more content like what you find in the optional dungeons.

I was probably in there for what felt like 3-4 hours and was legitimately sad when i realized i was done.

DNAbro

Costlemark wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

Though I do need to go back in cause I didn't find the thing Dino wanted.

LiK

Hmm, I just tried using a phoenix down on Gladio and that triggered the endless loading screen this time. No idea what's going on here.

I noticed the game stalls sometimes as well. Wait a min or two. Def power down console and let it cool off.

Grassy

I'm surprised there was no boss at
the rock of Ravatogh.
There was a big ass arena like area near the end and I thought for sure there'd be a monster there.

Fuck me...this is one of the issues I have with the game. I already went through there once. I'm not going back because the game can't give you multiple Hunts at once, or at least have a dialog pop-up when you get to that area asking if you want to do the hunt seeing as you're already there...damn.

Costlemark wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

Though I do need to go back in cause I didn't find the thing Dino wanted.

I don't know, that room
with the Red Giants and that Nagarani and all the Flans....fuuuuuuuucccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Apt101

So from everything I've read recently the first DLC drops in February? Is that correct? I thought we were getting a "Holiday Pack".

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I may be 16 years too late on this but anyone else got these visual checkerboard artifacts on techs when they trigger in fights after resuming from rest mode on occasion? Restarting the game cold fixes it but it's a repeatable glitch at least on a PS4 Pro.

OrionX

I may be 16 years too late on this but anyone else got these visual checkerboard artifacts on techs when they trigger in fights after resuming from rest mode on occasion? Restarting the game cold fixes it but it's a repeatable glitch at least on a PS4 Pro.

I've been playing on base PS4 and I get that all the time. I have been using rest mode a lot, maybe I should restart it.

For all its faults, the story of XV ultimately paid off for me and I was genuinely moved.

I think it helps that the game depicts the main cast so well during the run. There are little details to be found in terms of the friends interacting almost everywhere. Be it devising a combat plan, helping each other out, pictures showing them taking poses, random dialouges etc. The game also often nails nonverbal communication between the guys. And all of this also occurs outside the context of storymissions. Furthermore, while they are definitely archetypes, I don't think the guys are one-dimensional at all.

For me, unwilling hero, gruff guy, freespirit guy, and prissy guy are completely one dimensional. There's nothing more to these characters in the 12 chapters I've played. I LIKE THEM, but they're simple archetypes to me.

Top Bottom