• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Dmax3901

So I just played Chapters 10 through 13 in one sitting. Hoooo boy.

Upon starting Chapter 14 and reaching
the world of ruin I decided to try out that Umbra thing and went back to Lucis before leaving for Altissia. Man is this where the game is at its best. Just cruising around doing sidequests and fighting monsters. Shit goes off the deep end hard.

Asd202

So I just played Chapters 10 through 13 in one sitting. Hoooo boy.

Upon starting Chapter 14 and reaching
the world of ruin I decided to try out that Umbra thing and went back to Lucis before leaving for Altissia. Man is this where the game is at its best. Just cruising around doing sidequests and fighting monsters. Shit goes off the deep end hard.

Yeah and doing dungeons. Those are mine favorites parts of the game.

Mailbox

Idk If i'm in the minority or not, but I really did enjoy Chapters 10-12 (and the end of chapter 13, but only the end) but I felt they were sinfully short.

I think magic defence? Not 100% sure.

So using my ap on boosting it sounds like a good idea.

yep, spirit is magic defense.
Though, honestly unless your fight specific enemies, i'd save your AP on other stuff.

Blablurn

Can't get the game out of my head.

But the same goes for the old trailers. Especially the Versus XIII ones. I would like to know what went to the final game, and what not.

Mesharey

My Regalia is all scratched up and there are cracks in the window, but I cant service the Regalia at Cindy. Says it needs to be dirty or damaged. Well, it clearly is. Guess I'm stuck with a totalled Regalia for the rest of the game...
Happened to me, after more story quests it got fixed.

Mailbox

Can't get the game out of my head.

But the same goes for the old trailers. Especially the Versus XIII ones. I would like to know what went to the final game, and what not.

Only little references from Versus made it into 15's game. Stuff like the engine blade and how it revs when you select it. Some battle animations are surprisingly the same also.

A lot of trailer stuff from Versus trailer stuff made its way into the kingsglave movie, though.

What I'm more sad about is
the 15 trailer stuff that didn't make it into the game
:(

Blablurn

What I'm more sad about is
the 15 trailer stuff that didn't make it into the game
:(

:lol

yeah

i saw the reveal trailer again with leviathan and the difference was incredible. i mean, what we got was awesome, but i wouldnt mind to know more!!

if danny o'dwyer gets the chance to make a video doc about this, he would be the MVP for all time

Loved the ending. I have a hard time understanding how everything between the intro and the ending is such a mess. Or, rather, I think there is a pretty good story buried somewhere. The storytelling itself is just confusing.

I ended up enjoying the game. I used too much time on side quests and destroyed my own playthrough of the story by being op. Still, all the time spent on side quests made me really see the connection between the four friends, something which made the whole road trip thing more believable.

yeah

i saw the reveal trailer again with leviathan and the difference was incredible. i mean, what we got was awesome, but i wouldnt mind to know more!!

if danny o'dwyer gets the chance to make a video doc about this, he would be the MVP for all time

I looked up the leviathan trailer after reading your post....i had to turn it off half way through, watching its making me sad.

Mailbox

yeah

that's... that's not what I meant...
We all know about how the reveal was pre-rendered and a target render at that. None of that was going to be in the game. We've known THAT since 2014 actually.

No what I mean is stuff from 2015 and 2016 trailers...

that's... that's not what I meant...
We all know about how the reveal was pre-rendered and a target render at that. None of that was going to be in the game. We've known THAT since 2014 actually.

No what I mean is stuff from 2015 and 2016 trailers...
For example...
The scene of Noctis with the ring , which is in the back cover of the deluxe edition, was cut...

Mailbox

For example...
The scene of Noctis with the ring , which is in the back cover of the deluxe edition, was cut...

Can you link me to this?
Edit:
I think I found it:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DJPA9YE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

actually... also not what I'm talking about.
That scene is actually like the crew engolfed in fire or them walking through a road with iggy in the car scenes; "spoiler free versions" of scenes actually in the game.

That
"ring scene"
is actually used
in chapter 14 when they just enter insomnia. Noct puts on the ring in the exact same animation.

What I was talking about is more like
how absolutely nothing from the dawn trailers were in the game or a few little things here and there.

Ferr986

I can't get over how much of a stupid idea was making manual landing with the Regalia F. Trying to reach Phitioss and I just can't.

vareon

I can't get over how much of a stupid idea was making manual landing with the Regalia F. Trying to reach Phitioss and I just can't.

I reverted back to normal Regalia after a while. Manual landing is not fun and any fun you had in flying was cancelled because the car almost took the entire screen. It's really a last minute attempt at giving players an "airship".

Kamitechi

I reverted back to normal Regalia after a while. Manual landing is not fun and any fun you had in flying was cancelled because the car almost took the entire screen. It's really a last minute attempt at giving players an "airship".

Just change the camera with R1 you can see everything...

So any tips for leveling up at the end game

Heard that u eat the 100 %experience food in altissa and the use Ur XP items in magic. Kill a specific enemy using the magic and sleep at the altissa hotel

But what enemy is the best?

Mediking

Gladio is taking this Cup of Noodle quest a tad bit too seriously..... it's not even comical. I rather it was Iris going crazy about it than him.

Ferr986

Damn that post game glitch
Aranea is super useful. She has shit HP but she can't really die and do lots of damage so she end up helping a lot. It also has the battle ending dialogues from Ch.7, no dialog while running of course.

She also sometimes randomly dissapears for seconds lol Also it seems like she can't enter dungeons?

Just worried about my save but oh well, I'm really close to the Platinum anyways, just have the secret dungeons, Adamantoise and leveling hunting left.

Btw, tried Pirioss

TONDq.gif

Sorry but I'll try it later, I found it super annoying lol

Paz

So any tips for leveling up at the end game

Heard that u eat the 100 %experience food in altissa and the use Ur XP items in magic. Kill a specific enemy using the magic and sleep at the altissa hotel

But what enemy is the best?

as far as I can tell expericasts don't care what enemy they are used on and people only suggest using them on tough enemies cos it'll be easier to cast them all quickly.

I never farmed anything but used all my items to make high level expericasts (well, low ptency magic but high level expericasts) and got like 4 million exp from having eaten the 100% food + sleeping in the 3x hotel, took me from 75>99 and had like 2 million left over

Mesharey

I just did 2 optional dungeons (Mines and Tower), was I think lvl 55-53, I think the magic too.

When I had 1 mil. exp. I went to the x3 hotel and became 99.

Ferr
You can use it for dungeons too.

Are trophy's bugged on PS4?

I can't seem to get 'Divine Intervention' while I've summoned
Ramuh and Titan
a bunch of times already.

Also don't have the chapter 7 trophy for some reason :-\

Trojan

Gladio is taking this Cup of Noodle quest a tad bit too seriously..... it's not even comical. I rather it was Iris going crazy about it than him.

That quest was the best part of this game. The delicious fusion of egg, meat, and ramen in each Cup Noodle can't be denied.

Zakalwe

Banned

The fact he gets so serious is absolutely comical. It suits his personality perfectly, the point I think is that Glad is super intense sometimes and it seems he was chosen specifically for this quest as a way to play on the absurdity.

Feels extremely considered to me, and works really well. The product placement didn't even bother me because of this even if it probably should have.

Mediking

That quest was the best part of this game. The delicious fusion of egg, meat, and ramen in each Cup Noodle can't be denied.

The fact he gets so serious is absolutely comical. It suits his personality perfectly, the point I think is that Glad is super intense sometimes and it seems he was chosen specifically for this quest as a way to play on the absurdity.

Feels extremely considered to me, and works really well. The product placement didn't even bother me because of this even if it probably should have.

Pretty sure Gladio would rather have a quest about sparring or going on a date with a woman than drool over Cup of Noodles. Lol

Zakalwe

Banned
Pretty sure Gladio would rather have a quest about sparring or going on a date with a woman than drool over Cup of Noodles. Lol

Those would suit him too, but the point is the game plays on his over-intense nature which makes the absurdity of the quest humorous.

How do I set down the second ladder (on the left) in the crestholm place for the headlights quest? Apparently the last generator is there that I need but I don't know how to get to that side.

For reference you fight a samurai after sliding down.

Zakalwe

Banned
How do I set down the second ladder (on the left) in the crestholm place for the headlights quest? Apparently the last generator is there that I need but I don't know how to get to that side.

For reference you fight a samurai after sliding down.

I can't remember the proper way, but you can jump from the right to the left. I tried this when I got to that point and it worked perfectly.

Sprint from the preceding tunnel and leap from the very edge. At the last minute, hit the attack button and the mid-air swing will keep you aloft just enough for you to make it to the left side platform. Here you can lower the ladder if you want to and reach the generator.

You can use this trick in a few places. You can also use jump - warp strike to jump over fences and obstacles in the open world.

Trojan

I'm starting to see some of the major story gaps people were talking about. Just got to chapter 9 and these story cuts had me scratching my head:

-Jared. Fucking Jared, I didn't even know this dude and now I'm dedicating my journey to him. RIP Jared.
-The whole "training" setup with Areana had me really confused. She was using that as cover? I did not follow.
-The immediate cut from when you get the Mythril to being in a radiation suit between chapters was clearly missing a scene setting it up. It was really strange.
-Gladio mysteriously showing up to help me in the power plant, then having a half-assed explanation for why he walked off earlier and has a scar the size in Rhode Island on his forehead. Also, I knew it was him the second he opened his mouth, worst reveal ever.

Still love this game but the story is a mess.

vypek

Had a fishing quest I was stuck on. The Vesper Gar catch for Navyth. Turns out that I had to rest and use my stockpiled experience. My fishing level went up a couple times as well and finally the Vesper Gar appeared when I went back. Seems you have to be a certain level. But I dont remember seeing anything that noted that some fish won't appear given your fishing level.

Also, still have a side quest that is completely glitched. I guess I'm never going to finish that one lol.

I might just blast through the rest of the story to get to the end game. What's the best way to quickly level up once I am at the end of the game? And also get AP. I don't know if camping for days in a row at the same spot works or not

Ive played the game in japanese, english, and german so far.

Im going to give serious props to promptos english VA, that was an impossible task they gave him and he did a very good job. He also has the best victory music impersonation, he does the extra jingle at the end that the other prompto actors dont do, so that was obviously just him ad libbing it in there.

I can't remember the proper way, but you can jump from the right to the left. I tried this when I got to that point and it worked perfectly.

Sprint from the preceding tunnel and leap from the very edge. At the last minute, hit the attack button and the mid-air swing will keep you aloft just enough for you to make it to the left side platform. Here you can lower the ladder if you want to and reach the generator.

You can use this trick in a few places. You can also use jump - warp strike to jump over fences and obstacles in the open world.

The problem is the pipe. It shuts me down and I can't get the height I need. Weapon doesn't come until after the descent which pisses me off.

Zakalwe

Banned
The problem is the pipe. It shuts me down and I can't get the height I need. Weapon doesn't come until after the descent which pisses me off.

I was using a short sword which might make a difference, so perhaps check your equipped weapon (although I doubt it is this).

Try jumping then madly tapping attack as soon as you jump instead of trying to time it, that's how I made my first attempt.

Zakalwe

Banned
So to unlock the dungeon doors I need to
visit every dungeon in the game then speak with Ezma at the Hunter HQ?

Anyone?

I've read online guides but they say "complete the game and speak with Ezma". I've done both, and she just gives small talk but no quest.

I read once that there are four dungeons that need to be completed to unlock her quest, but also that /all/ dungeons need to be completed first.
Anyone know which it is specifically please?

Top Bottom