• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

I was using a short sword which might make a difference, so perhaps check your equipped weapon (although I doubt it is this).

Try jumping then madly tapping attack as soon as you jump instead of trying to time it, that's how I made my first attempt.

I ended up backtracking and finding a path somehow. Thanks though!

Took adamantoise out in about 25 min last night. I think the boss to get the Zwill Crossblades took me longer! It pretty much was the hardest thing ive done in this and would constantly wipe out my whole team. I mustve used over 20 phoenix downs and 30 elixers!

Jennipeg

The biggest problem with chapter 13 is that it lasts too long. If it was shorter it would be much better.

Yeah that was my thing with it. It was an interesting concept, that they proceeded to run into the ground. Also
the daemon who pops up to zap your health was complete bullshit. I also would have liked it more if Noctis was wondering the empty streets, it would have been so creepy. In the end I was left wondering why a lab had no lab equipment. That was my big takeaway.

Zafir

Keep the saying the same over and over. If anything it only solidifies my opinion that I should listen less to others and try things for myself before disregarding them.
I think you should be doing that regardless.

I think chapter 13 is crap but I'm sure some people might like it. Everyone's different.

I think you should be doing that regardless.

I think chapter 13 is crap but I'm sure some people might like it. Everyone's different.

See your opinion is fine, just like I believe some people might not have liked other aspects of the game as a whole that I enjoyed as well. But this chapter specifically got a special kind of hate that I barely see anymore, with people going as far as saying "it is unplayable, wait for the patch". Again when someone reads this going into the chapter, one would think the whole thing is completely broken, which wasn't the case at all.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Lestallum Fashion

Be Like

I5cdwD6.gif

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I have a Pro and a Samsung Evo 850 1TB SSD and load times haven't been an issue at all. I use fast travel all the time. Sometimes its so fast the progress bar doesn't even have time to appear.

On average how long do most fast travels from place to place take? The average for me takes a long time.

Also just curious for pro/ssd users, when staying at an inn do you get a pause, I assume do to loading, when you are clicking X as it shows you how many days went by?

Zakalwe

Banned
See your opinion is fine, just like I believe some people might not have liked other aspects of the game as a whole that I enjoyed as well. But this chapter specifically got a special kind of hate that I barely see anymore, with people going as far as saying "it is unplayable, wait for the patch". Again when someone reads this going into the chapter, one would think the whole thing is completely broken, which wasn't the case at all.

This game had levels of expectation attached that most will never have. It was under intense scrutiny as soon as some people picked up the pad. 10 years and various dev cycles and changes to a game in such a revered franchise (especially as many perceive 10 to be the last true FF experience), it was always going to be critiqued hard by some.

This definitely compounds some of the critiques, even if they're legitimate they definitely exaggerated often.

For the record, I do think c13 is a low point in terms of overall game design in relation to the rest of XV, it's repetitive, too long, feels underdeveloped with some janky mechanics and bland environments, but it has good atmosphere and some meaningful story beats. The boss encounter is great, too.

If they cut some of the keycard hunting out they could make it a good chapter, imo.

RangerX

Banned
Ok I just finished up chapter 13 and at first I was like this isn't that bad what is gaf talking about. It turns out I was only maybe 10% in at that point. It just kept going and going and going. I actually quite liked the atmosphere and change in pace, its just dragged out beyond any enjoyment. Your gimped for way too long.

valkyre

I wish that this game had a more interesting world...

Lestallum is great but apart from this it really feels like a huge world filled with gas stations and rest areas with barely and human development...

Not even a damn village or an interestling landmark of shorts or something in between really... i just dont get it

OrionX

Lestallum is great but apart from this it really feels like a huge world filled with gas stations and rest areas with barely and human development...

Not even a damn village or an interestling landmark of shorts or something in between really... i just dont get it

Yeah... it's a beautiful world, but I kept finding myself thinking, "do all these npc's with nice cars on the road live in Lestallum?" lol

When farming Zu for beaks, do you just kill? Or is breaking the beak/head a must? It seems random. Sometimes I don't feel like letting the fight go on long and this Flare spell is just too fun to use.

Zakalwe

Banned

I find this world much more enjoyable to explore than other open worlds, even TW3's.

I really enjoy combat so getting to engage with it as I travel is great, traversal is very smooth (sprinting and chocobos), treasure you find is meaningful, stumbling across dungeons and higher level enemies, the large amount of unique character interactions scattered about the open world...

It just feels very satisfying and rewarding to explore, to me at least.

Come on guys chapter 13 isnt that bad, i quite liked it.

So I think I'm right near the end of this chapter and all I can say is.. What? THIS is what people have such a problem with? People saying it 'needs fixing' and making it out to be the worst thing ever, I am so confused. There is nothing wrong with his chapter, at all.

I mean, people saying to wait for a patch? Hahahha. What on earth.

Gbraga

Daurell Caverns was INTENSE. Jesus.

Even the fishing was hardcore.

EDIT: And Coeurls are so hard, that hunt to kill 5 of them made me actually think they're bugged. Not because of how tough they are, but because there's no way in hell they're that level or the recommended level for the hunt. I don't think they intended Coeurls to be the hardest enemy in the entire game, haha.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
So I think I'm right near the end of this chapter and all I can say is.. What? THIS is what people have such a problem with? People saying it 'needs fixing' and making it out to be the worst thing ever, I am so confused. There is nothing wrong with his chapter, at all.

I don't get it too honestly. And I also liked the level design in it more than previously visited story dungeons. Also gets lots of story revelations and a creepy atmosphere fitting them.

Come on guys chapter 13 isnt that bad, i quite liked it.

I liked it too. It was intentionally unpleasant and disorienting but that's one of the things I admired. Taking the player out of their comfort zone to such a degree was a pretty daring thing to do. Felt like something out of a Hideo Kojima game and I loved it.

So, now I've got myself to level 99, I thought I'd explore the last area of the final chapter in some detail, and on one fell swoop there's lots of FF references everywhere. and I've only just started paying attention.

An entertainment centre called Little Eiko, an X-ATM reference, Morrid's Coffee,a 24 hour store called YRP, a big sign that says Nanaki and another called Spira. And that's all in one area, must be loads about the place. Nice touch.,

I mean, I find myself feeling the same way about people saying it is fine and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with how that chapter is designed. I found it overly long and hated the use of pamphlet/reports to give out more exposition on what was going on.
The stealth is pretty bad and the rings power makes that whole section overly long up until you get your fathers sword.
If you liked it then more power to you, but the majority of players hated it. That's why they are going to patch it.

Gbraga

That gif is from another scene though, not from the Insomnia invasion. That setpiece in the gif is actually still in the game, just in a much different form.

It's also CGI.

I swear, most of the times people refer to that setpiece to compare to the final game, they either don't know it's Altissia, or they don't know it's CGI.

I mean, I find myself feeling the same way about people saying it is fine and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with how that chapter is designed. I found it overly long and hated the use of pamphlet/reports to give out more exposition on what was going on.
The stealth is pretty bad and the rings power makes that whole section overly long up until you get your fathers sword.
If you liked it then more power to you, but the majority of players hated it. That's why they are going to patch it.

You'd rather they actually cut content to make the chapter shorter?
It's only overly long relative to how much time you've put into the game, no? I've played sixty hours and that chapter took me an hour an a half, not long at all. I'd argue that the preceding chapters were too short, which is the problem, not the length of this one.

Why does the rings power make the section long? You can one shot all of the enemies with, using Alterna, which makes the whole stealth bit redundant anyway

I have some misgivings with the chapter but it's certainly not the worst thing ever. It's not even the worst chapter in the game. What are they patching?

Wagram

Damn. Chapter 9 was rushed and extremely lame. That E3 2013 trailer sure as hell looked better than that.

P.S. Another character that had little time that i'm supposed to give a shit about. Wipee.

I like playing this game, but the narrative is an absolute failure, not only for this franchise, but in gaming.

Ferr986

Sucks that expanding/QoL'ing endgame will probably be last on the list to do on SE.

I don't feel like they should focus on adding some scenes or revamping Ch13 now that so much people has finished the game (and let's be honest, they won't be able to fix much).

Things like being able to select multiple hunts or some sort of NPC companion that doesn't involve glitching for the endgame should be the priority IMO.

You'd rather they actually cut content to make the chapter shorter?
It's only overly long relative to how much time you've put into the game, no? I've played sixty hours and that chapter took me an hour an a half, not long at all. I'd argue that the preceding chapters were too short, which is the problem, not the length of this one.

Why does the rings power make the section long? You can one shot all of the enemies with, using Alterna, which makes the whole stealth bit redundant anyway

I have some misgivings with the chapter but it's certainly not the worst thing ever. It's not even the worst chapter in the game. What are they patching?

The second half of the game already feels like it has a bunch of missing content so no, that's not what I wanted. I wish the chapter was better designed. If it was then I wouldn't have a problem with it being overly long.
They are patching the power/time it takes for the ring to do its thing. Adding more Ravus stuff. That's all I remember.

Ive played the game in japanese, english, and german so far.

Im going to give serious props to promptos english VA, that was an impossible task they gave him and he did a very good job. He also has the best victory music impersonation, he does the extra jingle at the end that the other prompto actors dont do, so that was obviously just him ad libbing it in there.

truth

spidye

I am at chapter 3, 20 hours into the game but the lack of beautiful cg to tell the story or just just reusing kingsglaive cg is disappointing to say the least

The story isn't that good either. Maybe it will get better in the later chapters.

Music and graphics are the best parts as they were in ff13 too

All I can say until now is that's one of the more disappointing rpgs I've played. So many great things (art style, music,...) wasted because of strange design choices. I would really like to know how much of my life I spent looking at the screen just doing nothing but observing how 4 guys drive from point A to point B.

The second half of the game already feels like it has a bunch of missing content so no, that's not what I wanted. I wish the chapter was better designed. If it was then I wouldn't have a problem with it being overly long.
They are patching the power/time it takes for the ring to do its thing. Adding more Ravus stuff. That's all I remember.
I see, thanks for letting me know.
My advice is to use Alterna, Noct can't be interrupted when casting it, Death is only useful for the little goblin guys, the MTs will interrupt Death.

Glad to see them adding more Ravus stuff, that is one of my complaints.

Seth

So i just completed a weapon upgrade with cid. Id like to start another (I have the quest and the item) but cid just keeps saying shit like "stand up straight boy" and won't let me turn anything in.

What am I supposed to do in between turn ins?

-SG

I am at chapter 3, 20 hours into the game but the lack of beautiful cg to tell the story or just just reusing kingsglaive cg is disappointing to say the least

The story isn't that good either. Maybe it will get better in the later chapters.

Music and graphics are the best parts as they were in ff13 too

All I can say until now is that's one of the more disappointing rpgs I've played. So many great things (art style, music,...) wasted because of strange design choices. I would really like to know how much of my life I spent looking at the screen just doing nothing but observing how 4 guys drive from point A to point B.

I have to agree with you so far. I really want to like this game but it's just not doing anything to draw me in. I keep telling myself that maybe the next chapter will be better, but I'm on Chapter 9 now and still can only describe my experience so far as "boring".

Gbraga

Sorry Gbraga ;_;

LMAO

I'm not mad at you, it's entirely on Square-Enix.

They both use Insomnia related dialogue and slap a HUD and lock-on on CGI footage. GEE, I WONDER WHY PEOPLE THINK IT'S INSOMNIA AND THAT IT'S GAMEPLAY.

They did come clean and said it was CGI, but after many people already saw the trailer and moved on with their lives. It was deliberately done in a way to fool people into thinking it's the real game and sell them on it.

Fucking bullshit is what it was.

Mediking

So i just completed a weapon upgrade with cid. Id like to start another (I have the quest and the item) but cid just keeps saying shit like "stand up straight boy" and won't let me turn anything in.

What am I supposed to do in between turn ins?

You gotta do quests and hunts in order for him to get passed his goofy dialogue. I really wish he was similar to Roshi from DBZ.

Haunted

WOW chapter 14

The potential here is staggering if that had happened ~55% into of the game instead of 95%.

I'm enjoying my time with this even with all the flaws and obvious patchwork from a messy development cycle, but I already know this is going to go down in history as a "what could've been" game.

Zafir

So should I experience all 5 hours of the secret dungeon or use trick to run it in 6 minutes?
Try it first. It's worth noting it doesn't necessarily take 5 hours. It took me 2 or 3.
Secret Dungeon progress:

Stuck at the revolving (5th) door. Need to pause and step away for second. Probably more simple than I am making it to be.

Anyone know how much progress I have made ?
If it's the door I'm thinking of. Just look around a bit.

As for how far you are.
I'd say about one thirdish maybe half.

Top Bottom