• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ruff

I am not sure if this is a bug or what but the regalia seems to max out at 35 mph. It's so slow. This is with either Ignis or Noctis driving.

You can get parts to increase the speed. The only one I know for sure is from the Altissia Arena but there could be more from elsewhere.

Gbraga

Grawwh I hate that dungeon. It's so dark and claustrophobic and the layout can be very confusing. Not to mention you are expected to fight a huge boss like Naga in enclosed space :( She can petrify-frogify you too, aarghhh pain in the arse!

I had a bunch of items to cure it, as well as accessories to prevent it, it was fine. :p

I also make sure to get out and save when I find a shortcut to the entrance, though. So worst case scenario I could just die and eat something to give me immunity before tackling it again.

I love how the game expects you to know some intricacies, like preventing fall damage by pressing block when hitting the ground right before getting to this fight.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am not sure if this is a bug or what but the regalia seems to max out at 35 mph. It's so slow. This is with either Ignis or Noctis driving.

Beginning on chapter 7, you can unlock the area where you can find an upgrade that will boost the speed of Regalia to 60 mph.

I had a bunch of items to cure it, as well as accessories to prevent it, it was fine. :p

I also make sure to get out and save when I find a shortcut to the entrance, though. So worst case scenario I could just die and eat something to give me immunity before tackling it again.

I love how the game expects you to know some intricacies, like preventing fall damage by pressing block when hitting the ground right before getting to this fight.

Maybe it was because I ventured into the dungeon after playing so many hours of the game already, so I was tired, so I wanted to quickly finish the dungeon ASAP, so that maybe made me much easier to be annoyed than what I normally would, haha.

That Naga encounters taught me a good lesson though: before I usually only carry 10 each of status-restorative items like Maiden's Kiss, but now I carry 50, hahaha. I should probably farm Gil and buy 4 accessories each for stuff that prevent status effects, particularly Confusion and Frog.

Also... huh, I suppose exiting the dungeon and reentering later is an option. I don't know what I haven't though of that before... the dungeon progress didn't reset if you exit? What about the enemies? They respawn?

Fuck costlemark tower. That stupid puzzle ruined it for me. Didn't even bother fighting the boss or getting the Royal Arm. Kept ending up fighting 3 red giants and the Medusa boss. Said fuck it and left.

Wait. People keep fighting the 3 red giants? As in the southwest floor never opens for you? I'd say I feel lucky but the way I fucked up those Giants.....I'd say they're lucky 😥

Wow, this game is way better than I expected!

Can anyone answer this question: Are the treasures for getting gil or is there another use for them?

Use them when creating spells for different effects.

Sushen

Well... depends, what do you feel is/are the reason(s) that the game hasn't clicked for you yet?

I knew the storyline is not the best, but I expected the character interaction to be more interesting. So far, it fell like I've been on fetch quests... I don't usually care about optional quests and the main quest is all it matters to me.

For RPGs, I need something that compels me to find out what's next which is like watching movies or TV series.

Gbraga

Beginning on chapter 7, you can unlock the area where you can find an upgrade that will boost the speed of Regalia to 60 mph.

Maybe it was because I ventured into the dungeon after playing so many hours of the game already, so I was tired, so I wanted to quickly finish the dungeon ASAP, so that maybe made me much easier to be annoyed than what I normally would, haha.

That Naga encounters taught me a good lesson though: before I usually only carry 10 each of status-restorative items like Maiden's Kiss, but now I carry 50, hahaha. I should probably farm Gil and buy 4 accessories each for stuff that prevent status effects, particularly Confusion and Frog.

I got confusion on my entire party once, shit was WILD.

massoluk

Banned
I don't remember having any problems with the giants or.the snakes thing (Prolly 'cause I was overleveled and loaded with potions). But fuck those bombs.

Zafir

Wait. People keep fighting the 3 red giants? As in the southwest floor never opens for you? I'd say I feel lucky but the way I fucked up those Giants.....I'd say they're lucky 😥
I think the fundamental problem with that puzzle is, through most of it you can only activate one block when going through each section. However, there's two distinct points where you can activate two different blocks to proceed. Press the wrong one and you go back to the room and get the 3 Giants/Nagathingy/Flans. Now because there's only two points out of about 30+ block activation which do have two choices, people aren't going to realise that straight away.

statham

just beat chapter 13, and I didn't read any spoilers just heard it was a major issue with the game, and
yep, the whole level is some bullshit, killed all the hype from 9-12, way, way too long, can't use your weapons you built up, final boss drains you of all potions, wasn't fun, I was so pumped after 9-12then 13 happened

Geg

Yeah Bombs in this game are way more annoying than in previous FFs. They explode way too quickly and seem to be constantly backing away and avoiding all my attacks

And yeah I think I was one of the lucky ones and only dropped down into the room with the Red Giants twice. And was able to end the second time quickly thanks to Ramuh.

massoluk

Banned
just beat chapter 13, and I didn't read any spoilers just heard it was a major issue with the game, and
yep, the whole level is some bullshit, killed all the hype from 9-12, way, way too long, can't use your weapons you built up, final boss drains you of all potions, wasn't fun, I was so pumped after 9-12then 13 happened
Haha, I heard they were going to fix Chapter 13, so I thought I'd stop at Chapter 10 or something and go back to Open World when the first opportunity arrive. Then BAM, they dragged me to 13 unknowingly.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I knew the storyline is not the best, but I expected the character interaction to be more interesting. So far, it fell like I've been on fetch quests... I don't usually care about optional quests and the main quest is all it matters to me.

For RPGs, I need something that compels me to find out what's next which is like watching movies or TV series.

Well, I am only at chapter 9 right now but the quests never go beyond fetch quests, unfortunately. And the worst kind of fetch quests too, where you are often tasked finding some items in a large circular area over and over and over and over and over and over again. So yeah, skip those, especially if you the type that go only after main quests.

As for the main story progression.................. I don't know, it feels like personally, up to where I am right now, the game kind of feels like simply blitz you here and there in a manner that I guess I can call as haphazard, which feels pretty weird, but I've been told that the real meat of the story began at Chapter 9, so let see how it goes...

You probably blew a gasket. Have Cindy fix it up.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my long lost twin!

I got confusion on my entire party once, shit was WILD.

The dungeon progress doesn't reset if you exit? I thought they might, so that's why so far I always tried to do dungeons in one go. How about the enemies? Do they respawn...?

Gbraga

The dungeon progress doesn't reset if you exit? I thought they might, so that's why so far I always tried to do dungeons in one go. How about the enemies? Do they respawn...?

Nope for both. Not sure if they respawn if you rest, didn't test that yet, but just leaving won't make you lose anything.

Please someone explain this to me , snake battle spoilers
did the whole snake battle leviathin battle not destroy altissia? How is the city still fine? And how did ignis get injured if he wasnt fighting protecting the civilians?
And im still confused on ardyn is he a bad or good guy?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nope for both. Not sure if they respawn if you rest, didn't test that yet, but just leaving won't make you lose anything.

Hoooooooo o_O

Then I suppose you can also restock items if you must, huh? The enemies respawn if you rest in a camp in some dungeons (like the one where that professor sent you to get fireflies), so I assume they respawn if you rest... but if you can repurchase items from shops without your progress being reset then it's a HUGE help.

Tho I remember that someone in here said there's a game-breaking glitch that may happen if you do this and will prevent you from completing post-game content....

Edit, here it is:

It really is
One of the highlights really

If the boss spawns in Daurell caverns and you leave without killing it
He'll never respawn
Making it impossible to finish the dungeon and locks you out of all the endgame dungeons

So I suppose it only happens if you already spawn the boss.

I was sceptical of the battle system during development but I love it. With Wait mode turned on it's one of the best in the series IMO.

Maybe I should give the Wait Mode a try.

Though I don't know, it feels like Wait Mode is not "really" how you "should" play this game, you know? It's silly, but that what it feels to me.

I know what you mean, and I would be curious to hear others opinions about if it's not "the way it should be played." But I will say even with wait mode it's still very much the action system, I just use wait mode to orient myself and when i have it turned on I agree with Ramyeon it's amazing (I also like normal combat a lot).

Gbraga

Hoooooooo o_O

Then I suppose you can also restock items if you must, huh? The enemies respawn if you rest in a camp in some dungeons (like the one where that professor sent you to get fireflies), so I assume they respawn if you rest... but if you can repurchase items from shops without your progress being reset then it's a HUGE help.

Tho I remember that someone in here said there's a game-breaking glitch that may happen if you do this and will prevent you from completing post-game content....

Edit, here it is:

So I suppose it only happens if you already spawn the boss.

That's a really shitty bug, but the good thing is that this particular boss is actually much easier than the regular enemies for whatever reason, so there's really no reason to run from it if you got there in the first place :p

Thanks dude. But how do I figure which ones to sell?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5g4mwy/final_fantasy_xv_magic_catalyst_info/

Here's a listing of what does what. Anything that doesn't interest you spell-wise can be sold. Personally i use:

Old Book
Rare Coin
Debased Silverpiece
Debased Banknote
Cockatrice Crest

For EXPcast and:

Magitek Booster
Reflex Enhancer
Magitek Core
Imperial Medal of Honor
Magnetron
Malboro Eye
Mandrake Flower
Scarlet Splinterbone

For Quintcast(5 cast of the spell at once). I don't sell anything. Went to the Arena and did some betting.

This game is awesome. They did a great job learning from current open world games and incorporating them into FF. This is the FF I've wanted since FFX took away the feel of the connected world of the old games. Consulting with a western dev on their streaming engine was a great decision.

The work they put into the little details really bring the characters and world to life. Game is gorgeous, but I'm up to Chapter 8 so far (30 hours on the clock, lol) and there was a horrible framerate issue in some military base. Also it feels like 20-ish fps sometimes. Does PS4 Pro fix this?

Side note: I'm not a big FFVII fan, but just imagining the remake with this level of detail and exploration available, and the cast being given all those little animations and lines..... *droool*

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5g4mwy/final_fantasy_xv_magic_catalyst_info/

Here's a listing of what does what. Anything that doesn't interest you spell-wise can be sold. Personally i use:

Old Book
Rare Coin
Debased Silverpiece
Debased Banknote
Cockatrice Crest

For EXPcast and:

Magitek Booster
Reflex Enhancer
Magitek Core
Imperial Medal of Honor
Magnetron
Malboro Eye
Mandrake Flower
Scarlet Splinterbone

For Quintcast(5 cast of the spell at once). I don't sell anything. Went to the Arena and did some betting.

Thank you very much! This is really helpful!

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
These are probably the best dungeons in any game, ever.

I'm serious, they are scary and fun and intense: everthing a good dungeon should be, amazing work based Tabata.

Chapters 10-12 have some awesome set pieces and great cut scenes... But damn I think it took about 30 minutes.

Now I'm locked into chapter 13. Not hating it so far! But since I'm only allowed to play story missions when my wife watches I guess I'm taking a break from the game for a couple days.

BeeDog

Playing this game slowly, but wanted to ask one thing:

Are any of the trophies in the game missable, or should I not worry?

Orcastar

Reached chapter 7 yesterday (22 hours in) and now I finally understand what the thread title is about.

It's kind of amazing how consistently abysmal the storytelling in this game is.

otapnam

Went to take down couerls for whiskers before going to altissia. Insta Die once. Second time summon saves me. No shame. Upgrade complete. Profit.

kennyamr

Playing this game slowly, but wanted to ask one thing:

Are any of the trophies in the game missable, or should I not worry?

Just make sure to play chapter 14 in normal difficulty.
(Just 1 fight in that chapter requires you to be in Normal Difficulty in order to get the respective trophy)
Other than that you are ok.
Besides the story trophies, everything else can be obtained at any time with no restriction.

Edit:
As noted below, the game let you replay that section at any time after you beat the story so it's not really missable.

So I'm a decent chunk into chapter 13. No idea how far percentage-wise since I have yet to beat it, but I think I am a good ways in since I hit a notable milestone
got the sword from Ravus' corpse

Honestly it sucks. I read so much about it and expected that it wouldn't, but it does. I'm skeptical that the proposed changes would do much to fix it. Not even sure how they could fix it in a light-touch sort of way.

Top Bottom