• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Kazdane

So I'm now at the start of Chapter 5
(just picked the first shard for Ramuh)
, but I'm wondering if in Chapter 4
someone decided to drive with Ardyn, and if so, does it actually happen at all and you get to see the conversation between Noct and Ardyn, or something else happens and you still end up in the Regalia?

Some people will never be pleased with an english dub no matter how good it is. They just want it to sound like with their animes.

The english VA is fantastic. Especially Noc and Prompto, but all 4 bros are really well done. The same can be said for the guests characters.
This happens in all languages. People like to take the piss on Spanish VA despite them doing a remarkable job in most of the occasions (on videogames, series and movies). As far as I'm concerned, I agree, the 4 guys are really well done, and I personally also like
Ardyn

So I'm now at the start of Chapter 5
(just picked the first shard for Ramuh)
, but I'm wondering if in Chapter 4
someone decided to drive with Ardyn, and if so, does it actually happen at all and you get to see the conversation between Noct and Ardyn, or something else happens and you still end up in the Regalia?

This happens in all languages. People like to take the piss on Spanish VA despite them doing a remarkable job in most of the occasions (on videogames, series and movies). As far as I'm concerned, I agree, the 4 guys are really well done, and I personally also like
Ardyn

It won't let you drive with him, I tried.

ramyeon

In that case, how do they sound more generic than Gladio in English?
They're boring performances that don't really bring anything new to the table. I don't dislike the Japanese voice acting but don't find it particularly great either. Honestly seems like a lot of people dismiss English voice acting because they can understand the cringey stuff when there's just as much of that in Japanese.

ffvorax

They're boring performances that don't really bring anything new to the table. I don't dislike the Japanese voice acting but don't find it particularly great either. Honestly seems like a lot of people dismiss English voice acting because they can understand the cringey stuff when there's just as much of that in Japanese.

Well I actually do it often for that reason, and also because I like the sound of Jap acting...

But it depends, sometimes I also play in english, and if there is my native language (italian, and very rare to have it), I play with it, and usually it's a good one! (well there are cases in which it is so terrible that ruins the game experience, in that case I go with eng or just ahve fun with it like in the Jericho FPS... it was so much lol to play that horror-splatter and these voices...)

MA-X Angelus
is an impossible boss. No one has beaten this thing. Please patch it out of the game, Tabata.

I beat it. Took several ingame days though. It's just drawn out like much else in the game. Not really worth it either since all I got was an accessory.

The English voice acting for the main cast in this varies from decent to fantastic.

The Japanese VA sound like generic anime voice actors. Just because you can't understand it doesn't make it better.

wow, i completely disagree. The english voices are generic anime to me.

Japanese ones are fantastic, especially Noctis. Superb acting.

Ferr986

Ardyn

Ah yes, I still remember MS not dubbing Lost Odyssey to spanish after the complains with Blue Dragon's dub....

At the end, I think it comes to perception. Japanese VA are different in how they express themselves, so if you're too used to that (be watching anime or playing games in japanese) you'll be more used to it. That doesn't mean one is necesary better than other (I find japanese dubs too overdramatic but that's because I'm not used to it).

wow, i completely disagree. The english voices are generic anime to me.

Japanese ones are fantastic, especially Noctis. Superb acting.

How can an english VA be more generic anime than a japanese one?

Gbraga

I think I'm fucked when I get to chapter 13. People mention the jumpscares for that chapter, but I already jump every now and then in regular dungeons with some surprise encounters. Chapter 5's dungeon was intense as fuck to me. And I'm pretty overleveled, so the fights themselves are pretty easy, but goddamn those scares.

I'm loving it. Too bad 13 has forced slow walking, the worst thing in the industry.

And
RIP Eos, folks on the radio already saying the sun is setting earlier now. The nights getting longer seem to be going on for a while, so for a noticeable shift to happen this quickly, I think shit's hitting the fan.

About the Naga asking for its child... I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the effects of the scourge on people. I was wondering if it mutated people like it did with wildlife. I don't think I've ever seen a daemon talking before.

Honestly once the level limiter hits, I think i might try a level 1 run or a "level recommended" run (depending on how the level limiter works and if I feel like the challenge is good or just annoying).

NG+ seems like a huge wash simply because you retain level and enemies don't scale. such a waste :(

Yeah, both a level 1 and a main story level run are things I definitely want to try.

Since I want to make sure I have every royal weapon I can get in the open world before moving on to the linear part, at least my first playthrough has its share of challenge in the dungeons that most people leave for post-game.

Why can't I save in dungeouns? -_-

Long live the suspend mode.

Use the multiple shortcuts to go back and save, and then you can use them to quickly get to where you were before.

It was a good design decision, imo.

You can also just use the "teleport back to the entrance" option at any time to save, but I never used it myself.

Gemeanie

Fair point, I just didn't quite understand how video game voice acting is less generic than anime.

On the other hand I personally think Luna is so much better in English than the kawaii uguu Japanese voice

Cindy's voice acting reminds me so much of

l88LELI.png

RangerX

Banned
Ok so I'm on chapter 15 am I supposed to
fight all those demons on the way up to the citadel because I'm getting my ass handed to me and its difficult to get around them.

Ferr986

That and there's loads of other shit that knocks off large chunks of your max HP just because they can from about level 40 locations onward. Costlemark and the blockade sewer dungeon are where i seriously started noticing this. Potions ain't gonna cut it for that.

I swear those bombs on Costlemark can destroy your max HP, forcing you to use Phoenix downs.

Son Of D

How do ya want the wheels?
How about the decals? Anything you like? How about the decals? Anything you like? How about the decals? Anything you like? How about the decals? Anything you like? How about the decals? Anything you like? How about the decals? Anything you like?

ffvorax

Ok so I'm on chapter 15 am I supposed to
fight all those demons on the way up to the citadel because I'm getting my ass handed to me and its difficult to get around them.

You can just run away from them if you can't manage their strenght

Mockerre

Fair point, I just didn't quite understand how video game voice acting is less generic than anime.

On the other hand I personally think Luna is so much better in English than the kawaii uguu Japanese voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OH7QU0Dx4

Yeah, Luna is an improvement, so is Ardyn and Ignis. Noctis and Prompto sound about the same; like the deeper j-voice for Gladio, but I'm not sure it suits a young man so much.

The two Coeurl hunts are the hardest fights in the game in my opinion. The 1 shot thing is not that big a deal because elixirs are cheap but these fuckers heal themselves so you better dish out as much damage in as short a time as possible.

edit: Or do they 1 shot you so you gotta take a Phoenix Down? I don't remember.

I think the difficulty thing is a non-issue tbh, because you can beat any FF game with the attack command and megaelixer if you really want to, but where's the fun in that. Especially with Action RPGs, the point (to me) isn't just to win, but to look good doing it.

ffvorax

Ok just finished Pitous dungeon...
It took me 2:45h according to the last save outside the dungeon.

Really really fun to play, would have been fun if there were this kind of sections also during the main plot, not so hard for sure, but some platforming here and there...

Ok next I think will be some Fishing time, I'm just Lv3 and want to improve a bit... let's see if I find it fun enough... :p

Makeda

*sigh* I really hate the rare drop items needed to complete certain quests... Been trying to get a certain feather for approx 30 mins :(

Gbraga

I mean, so is playing on level 1. Might as well embrace the challenge and try to do all of the optional dungeons.

I think the difficulty thing is a non-issue tbh, because you can beat any FF game with the attack command and megaelixer if you really want to, but where's the fun in that. Especially with Action RPGs, the point (to me) isn't just to win, but to look good doing it.

Word.

The only not stylish thing that I enjoy doing is when you can 1 hit kill enemies with a warp strike. The AP reward is a nice way of making a meaningless fight feel rewarding. It can also be fun trying to get a warp strike as your last hit on a tougher enemy just to get that extra 1 AP.

ultron87

I did like 45 minutes of Chapter 13 last night. I thought I'd prepared myself for how bad it was going to be but... woof. It's real bad.

Even the plot that's happening makes no sense! (Chapter 13)
Why is Ravus just randomly dead at the bottom of a hole?!

Top Bottom