• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

So uh...after not playing for a couple weeks, I jumped back in and after fighting the Leviathan just started Ch. 10.

The Leviathan fight was pretty crap, overlong, and tedious, and the story beats that accompanied it left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm really not feeling motivated at all to play more despite loving the game before Altissia.
I thought to go back to the open world to do some side quests and get some fresh air, but that doesn't seem possible.

Now I feel stupid for blitzing the main quests if the set pieces are this boring.

Gbraga

So uh...after not playing for a couple weeks, I jumped back in and after fighting the Leviathan just started Ch. 10.

The Leviathan fight was pretty crap, overlong, and tedious, and the story beats that accompanied it left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm really not feeling motivated at all to play more despite loving the game before Altissia.
I thought to go back to the open world to do some side quests and get some fresh air, but that doesn't seem possible.

Now I feel stupid for blitzing the main quests if the set pieces are this boring.

You can definitely go back to the open world, just get to a rest point and call Umbra.

Lightning

Banned
New Game Plus seems like a massive waste of time. No hard mode, just restart the game with all your accessories, weapons and levels against weak enemies? No thank you. That's boring.

Ferr986

Kinda weird how nightime daemons
only go up to lvl 40ish. Totally steamrolling them. They should be up to lvl 80-90ish.

brau

96 tracks. I assume it's complete.

You can buy physical as well from SE store. I dunno of any other places for the digital.

Perfect. I hope they have a physical copy coming soon too. It'll be a good addition to my collection. :D

korly

Did the patch improve Chapter 13? Because I played Chapter 13 yesterday afternoon for the first time and despite it being not as fun to spend most of it with limited combat options it was never unclear where to go, and it didn't seem to be overly long. I went in expecting The Library from Halo 1 but the super-clear and super-frequent waypoints made it a frustration-free affair.

LiK

Did the patch improve Chapter 13? Because I played Chapter 13 yesterday afternoon for the first time and despite it being not as fun to spend most of it with limited combat options it was never unclear where to go, and it didn't seem to be overly long. I went in expecting The Library from Halo 1 but the super-clear and super-frequent waypoints made it a frustration-free affair.

Nope, that update isn't out yet.

pLow7

Am i the only one that feels, that getting the best weapons in the Game is far too easy?

FFX was a pain in the Ass but god was i happy when i finally got them, even in FF12 it took me weeks to get that sun weapon.
I feel nothing in this one, they do Not even feel particularly stronger

Am i the only one that feels, that getting the best weapons in the Game is far too easy?

FFX was a pain in the Ass but god was i happy when i finally got them, even in FF12 it took me weeks to get that sun weapon.
I feel nothing in this one, they do Not even feel particularly stronger

Try getting the strongest accessory in the game and then come back.

Also how long is
Castlemark Tower.
Have work later and i'm debating whether I should do it now or wait on it.

It's rather long especially since there's
a maze that can be a endless loop if you keep heading toward the dead end that spawns flan, red giants, and snakes that cause many status effects.
I just suggest you look up a guide/video when you get to that part.

XNarte

Im 116 hours in and starving for more. The only single player game ive done that with is FF7.

Yeah I'm at ~110 hours in, and I have legit complaints with this game but still... I can't get enough. Definitely feels like I haven't had this yearning to play a single game since the PS1-Dreamcast era. I am fiending for the DLC, and am now hype level X 1 Million for FFVII Remake.

I haven't beaten the final boss yet but there's a weapon I was told about called dominator that isn't appearing where it's meant to. Does it actually only spawn post final boss.

Is there any way to delete individual save slots? In the PS4 save data manager I can apparently only delete all my saves. (4 saves plus 2 autosaves apparently are over 600 MB...photos I guess.)

LiK

Is there any way to delete individual save slots? In the PS4 save data manager I can apparently only delete all my saves. (4 saves plus 2 autosaves apparently are over 600 MB...photos I guess.)

I believe you can delete them in the game in the save/load menu.

LordKasual

Banned

side effects of excessive hyperbole concerning people's reaction to it here.

they haven't touched it yet, that's what everyone else played

Mediking

FFXVGAF: Whose your favorite female character (without spoilers)? Iris? Aranea? Cindy? Gentiana? Or Luna? And explain why.

LordKasual

Banned
FFXVGAF: Whose your favorite female character (without spoilers)? Iris? Aranea? Cindy? Gentiana? Or Luna? And explain why.

This might as well be bait.

massive derail incoming
Aranea, easy. She's like an interesting version of Lightning.

Ok just finished Pitous dungeon...
It took me 2:45h according to the last save outside the dungeon.

Really really fun to play, would have been fun if there were this kind of sections also during the main plot, not so hard for sure, but some platforming here and there...

Ok next I think will be some Fishing time, I'm just Lv3 and want to improve a bit... let's see if I find it fun enough... :p

Everyone i've talked to has said the exact same thing.

The Pitoss dungeon was so well designed that I didn't even know XV's engine was capable of that kind of content.

They soooooooooo dropped the ball by not having more of that kind of content in the game. Maybe they thought it would have been annoying? But I can think of so many sections where it would have been awesome.

This might as well be bait.

massive derail incoming
Aranea, easy. She's like an interesting version of Lightning.

Everyone i've talked to has said the exact same thing.

The Pitoss dungeon was so well designed that I didn't even know XV's engine was capable of that kind of content.

They soooooooooo dropped the ball by not having more of that kind of content in the game. Maybe they thought it would have been annoying? But I can think of so many sections where it would have been awesome.

More likely someone's side project that made it into the game.

Jeffrey

OK. Just did the ch13 boss fight and uhhhh, that was terrible. Ended up just spamming elixirs because my idiot AI won't dodge his super moves.

Aranea, easily, She a pretty cool character and just a badass. It's pretty cool
that she will come and assist you occasionally while you're out in the open field, Also you can make her a permanent party member through a glitch.

Iris is a close second because she just fits right in the group when you're heading to
Altissa
. The conversations she has with the group is great in the car. She also has some very useful abilities when she's in the party.

Cindy is not a bad character, but after the first few chapters
and when she transforms the Regalia to the airship
, she's just there. I honestly forget about her occasionally. Hope they add more to her in the DLC or something...

Captcha

Been farming medals at that arena for what seems like forever. Going to take a long time to get everything.

If this bitch says, "sharp errday" one more time I'm going to lose it.

LordKasual

Banned
More likely someone's side project that made it into the game.

It was too intricate for a side project, and i remember seeing elements from the dungeon in some of the early development reels when the game became XV (that i've only seen in that dungeon) showcasing features of the engine.

I really just think they were afraid of how it would have been perceived if it was more prevalent in the main campaign. So they just threw it into a side-dungeon so they could go all-out.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anyone getting the Ultimania Guides? Anyone planning on translating them?

Wonder how much story stuff will be in the Ultimania guides this time. It's time we fully get Jared's life history.

Top Bottom