• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

A question about one of the quests.
The quest the chick chef from Galdin Quay gives you where you need to get something from Tenebrae. I already went through there forgetting about that quest. Is there any way to return there post game or something?

Mrfb17

Neo Member
Not been able to find a clear concise answer for this *Post Game Spoilers / Mechanics*

I've now finished the story and load my save outside the Throne room. Do I need to get the elevator back down to the street and alllll the way back to get umbra? How do I know it's deffo a Post Game save? I'm worried it's just a pre-end game save as it's an Auto Save not one in my manual slots :/

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
A question about one of the quests.
The quest the chick chef from Galdin Quay gives you where you need to get something from Tenebrae. I already went through there forgetting about that quest. Is there any way to return there post game or something?

You can get the quest item as a reward from planting carrots at the Cape Caem :)

Not been able to find a clear concise answer for this *Post Game Spoilers / Mechanics*

I've now finished the story and load my save outside the Throne room. Do I need to get the elevator back down to the street and alllll the way back to get umbra? How do I know it's deffo a Post Game save? I'm worried it's just a pre-end game save as it's an Auto Save not one in my manual slots :/
Yeah, get the elevator back down. There's another rest spot right outside, down the stairs to the right when you leave the citadel, I believe. No need to backtrack to the start. Post-game saves have the logo artwork on the background of each save, that's how you know.

Mrfb17

Neo Member
Yeah, get the elevator back down. There's another rest spot right outside, down the stairs to the right when you leave the citadel, I believe. No need to backtrack to the start. Post-game saves have the logo artwork on it, that's how you know.

Awesome thanks dude! :)

Mcdohl

I got key items after meeting
Leviathan, Shiva, and Bahamut.

Does that mean I can summon then now in the open world?

All 3 of them?

Fbh

Man, for some reason I started looking at some early promotional footage of XV. And I think hearing the whole story of the development of this game would be amazing.

Lots of obvious changes like game director and everything. But still, even ignoring over half a decade of Versus XIII, this game had a lot of changes after being renamed to Final Fantasy XV. Just had a look at the reveal trailer for XV and literally nothing in it made it to the final game... and that wasn't released so long ago. Even trailers from as soon as last year are filled with stuff that isn't in the game.

I liked the game and am still having a blast with all the post game content. But it has been a while since he had a major release with such a difference between the marketing and the final release

Man, for some reason I started looking at some early promotional footage of XV. And I think hearing the whole story of the development of this game would be amazing.

Lots of obvious changes like game director and everything. But still, even ignoring over half a decade of Versus XIII, this game had a lot of changes after being renamed to Final Fantasy XV. Just had a look at the reveal trailer for XV and literally nothing in it made it to the final game... and that wasn't released so long ago. Even trailers from as soon as last year are filled with stuff that isn't in the game.

I liked the game and am still having a blast with all the post game content. But it has been a while since he had a major release with such a difference between the marketing and the final release

Tabata didn't even get to make his version of XV cause stuff from his trailers didn't make it.

RDreamer

Yeah I was taken aback at how much was cut. I went through some of the trailers and footage after Kotaku put up an article talking about how they revealed too much. It's sunny how much revealed isn't even there, though. The first trailer when it changed from versus to XV is filled with stuff before the
Leviathan
fight that doesn't exist. There are like two whole CG trailers where none of that footage is in the game. The adamantois scene that starts up one of the trailers isn't in the game.

I really wonder how much stuff they're sitting on that's like 70-80% done.

LordKasual

Banned
I really wonder how much stuff they're sitting on that's like 70-80% done.

Probably not as much as you think.

Content like the Leviathan sequences from Versus XIII re-reveal was likely never playable.

The Insomnia battle also didn't have to actually be completed either, it was nothing but a bunch of Magitek troops, an Iron Giant and a Behemoth. Even if it was playable they could have just pierced that trailer together through debug.

The adamantoise scene also could have just been done through debug. They're just driving past it while it moves.

There was never really any other section of Insomnia shown, so there's no reason to believe that much was "cut".

I got key items after meeting
Leviathan, Shiva, and Bahamut.

Does that mean I can summon then now in the open world?

All 3 of them?
Hopefully
Bahamut and Ifrit will become summonable in the normal world
on a clear save after some upcoming patch. Would be cool, at any rate.

Ferr986

FFXVGAF: Whose your favorite female character (without spoilers)? Iris? Aranea? Cindy? Gentiana? Or Luna? And explain why.

Easiest question ever
Aranea. Not only is the only female with a good personality and charisma, she seems to be the one that has more work on her fighting animations and sound design (for example, notice the mechanical sounds her weapon or armor does when he does aerial attacks, so good). Her being a Dragoon is a plus (I love Dragoon job)

Tbh the other females are pretty bland to me.

Okay, after starting new game plus, now I see why people wish they increased the levels of enemies. I'm just one shotting everything. I also noticed something else about the game through my second run. The whole dialogue choosing concept that you do a few times in chapter 1 get thrown right out the window after like chapter 3 that I completely forgot it existed.

x3sphere

If other games look wrong with maxed out display area then your TV needs overscan turning off.

I was almost sure I did, but it seems Just Scan mode turns off when entering HDR and I have to turn it back on while in HDR. The setting doesn't stick for some reason, goes back to off after entering HDR. Annoying, hopefully LG can fix this.

Jeffrey

If we can separate the story and open world stuff... i'd grade the open world stuff a 7.5/10, and the story missions etc a 4/10.

Muffdraul

Im 116 hours in and starving for more. The only single player game ive done that with is FF7.

I was at about 120 hours Noct lvl 99 everyone else lvl 96 with two vault dungeons left to go and a bunch of hunts I had completely missed because I probably only went to those restaurants once or twice towards the beginning of the game, when my JP import copy finally arrived yesterday and I started all over. Starting with FFVII I always played the import version first, so this was the first time in 20 years that I played the NA version first... and it felt so wrong. I decided I had to play the JP version, and just setting the text and voice to Japanese wasn't going to cut it, I had to have O as confirm and X for cancel. It's cool, in the JP version when you try to pick up an item you draw your weapon instead of jumping. =P

FFXVGAF: Whose your favorite female character (without spoilers)? Iris? Aranea? Cindy? Gentiana? Or Luna? And explain why.

Tie between Aranea and Gentiana for me.

Can't really get into it w/out spoilers, but they both have a really refreshing attitude I think. Areana's super down to earth (ha ha, dragoon), and Gentiana is actually pretty hilarious
with her photo bombs and her sassy boss take downs.
Iris and Cindy are both really likable too I thought. Have their own interests, their own perspective, play off the main guys in an often funny and somtimes unpredictable way.

Luna I could take or leave :-(

Dumb mechanics-wise or story-wise?

Both, mechanics weren't really there. Just avoid his super moves and you're good. Too bad your buddies don't understand that so you also have to spam potions and elixers. He also has an insane amount of health.

Story-wise I have no clue what happened with Ravus or why I should care. But I understand that is the part where they are going to add more cutscenes, which are really needed. What the hell was his role? I don't get it.

DarkKyo

Story-wise I have no clue what happened with Ravus or why I should care. But I understand that is the part where they are going to add more cutscenes, which are really needed. What the hell was his role? I don't get it.
All I'm aware of is that Ravus had a magitek arm so transforming him into a strong daemon was probably pretty easy for Ardyn. As for how he ended up in that facility on the lowest floor, incapacitated, well your guess is as good as mine. I'm hoping that's one of the spots they add a ton more exposition when it comes time.

My only assumption is Ravus probably knew Noctis would be there due to the commotion of the military chasing them to that facility so he went there himself to hand off the sword.

DJChuy

One thing that really puzzles me in chapter 13 is there's a weapon vending machine. If you're in a dire situation, shouldn't you just steal them? It doesn't look hard to steal.

But anyways, I wasn't a fan of that chapter. Needs to be cut in half or give us more variety.

LordKasual

Banned
One thing that really puzzles me in chapter 13 is there's a weapon vending machine. If you're in a dire situation, shouldn't you just steal them? It doesn't look hard to steal.

But anyways, I wasn't a fan of that chapter. Needs to be cut in half or give us more variety.

I was really expecting to run into one of the armoury rooms and take a machine gun.

Im not sure if you're familiar with japanese culture, but honor and shame are huge parts of it.

Been playing this on a 5.1 setup, FYI

Yeah, I finally beat
Revus and got the crystal cutscene shortly there after where Ardyne reveals who he really is
..... and I couldn't hear shit due to the poor audio mix of this game. All I heard was mostly ambient noise and Noctis' "uguggghh, oooh, ugggh"
It was both hilarious and fustrating at the same time as I didn't have the subtitles on >=(

So yeah, that was a big moment in the game's narrative that was essentially ruined due to ineptitude

Onward to Ch.14!

All I'm aware of is that Ravus had a magitek arm so transforming him into a strong daemon was probably pretty easy for Ardyn. As for how he ended up in that facility on the lowest floor, incapacitated, well your guess is as good as mine. I'm hoping that's one of the spots they add a ton more exposition when it comes time.

My only assumption is Ravus probably knew Noctis would be there due to the commotion of the military chasing them to that facility so he went there himself to hand off the sword.

Oh yeah right, forgot about the arm... He got that because he put on the ring in the movie right?

About the sword, it's what I thought too. But it's clear we need some more cutscenes and stuff to fully understand what happened.

Jeffrey

yeesh, huge difficulty hike... from ch 13 onwards... wtf. most of my party is in 'danger' state after like 2 hits lol.

dudes are like lvl 44.

Ruff

Oh yeah right, forgot about the arm... He got that because he put on the ring in the movie right?

About the sword, it's what I thought too. But it's clear we need some more cutscenes and stuff to fully understand what happened.

First time I got to that part I legit thought he was just hanging out there and
I killed him by falling on top of him from that super high up area. I was lol'ing so hard.

yeesh, huge difficulty hike... from ch 13 onwards... wtf. most of my party is in 'danger' state after like 2 hits lol.

dudes are like lvl 44.

I was level 80 and the stuff first in
insomnia
destroyed me... I skipped almost all the fights. Inside is fine. You only need to be in the 40's to finish the game.

dudes are like lvl 44.

There are several monsters in the streets heading up to the final boss that you don't need to fight. Just run past them. The mandatory fights shouldn't be too bad at level 44.

DarkKyo

insomnia
destroyed me... I skipped almost all the fights. Inside is fine. You only need to be in the 40's to finish the game.

Yeah that
first boss-like creature(another Deathclaw) in Insomnia
was a bitch even though I was around 68 when I got there. Wait, was that thing optional? I forget now.

benzy

Tie between Aranea and Gentiana for me.

Can't really get into it w/out spoilers, but they both have a really refreshing attitude I think. Areana's super down to earth (ha ha, dragoon), and Gentiana is actually pretty hilarious
with her photo bombs and her sassy boss take downs.
Iris and Cindy are both really likable too I thought. Have their own interests, their own perspective, play off the main guys in an often funny and somtimes unpredictable way.

Luna I could take or leave :-(

Yeah, they made the most boring character the heroine. Lol.

Yeah, they made the most boring character the heroine. Lol.

Sigh, ain't it the truth.

I didn't actively dislike her or anything, but they just didn't give her much personality. And, as evidenced by some of the other characters, the writers clearly had it in them to write likable and interesting characters (this was one element of the game that I found surprisingly good -- I'd assumed the line-by-line dialogue would be a lot more wooden than most of it was).

Jeffrey

insomnia

There are several monsters in the streets heading up to the final boss that you don't need to fight. Just run past them. The mandatory fights shouldn't be too bad at level 44.

yeah
ifirit
was easy in comparison lol. And everything else is... uh.

This game is weird.

Been playing this on a 5.1 setup, FYI

Yeah, I finally beat
Revus and got the crystal cutscene shortly there after where Ardyne reveals who he really is
..... and I couldn't hear shit due to the poor audio mix of this game. All I heard was mostly ambient noise and Noctis' "uguggghh, oooh, ugggh"
It was both hilarious and fustrating at the same time as I didn't have the subtitles on >=(

So yeah, that was a big moment in the game's narrative that was essentially ruined due to ineptitude

Onward to Ch.14!

The exact same thing happened to me this morning. Pretty much the only intelligible thing I heard over Notics' grunting was the dude say his name. At least I heard that, but I'm guessing I missed something else important.

How many chapters does this game has (answer in spoiler tags)? I'm surprised that the first chapters had like two or three really short story missions.

Top Bottom