• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI is available to download on PlayStation Plus

Draugoth

Gold Member
You can install ir right now:

Currently available in UK

zjo7gpi2rold1.jpeg
ff16-is-on-ps-plus-premium-v0-ny49z41tgold1.jpeg

Last edited:

StueyDuck

So not exactly what you said here?
It's literally exactly what I said. Ps plus incorporates ps now. The download feature is apart of the streaming service, you can download games that you can stream.

This can take 5 seconds to prove
Sj1JUg6.jpeg

Notice how I can't download it, and I am a ps plus ultimate or whatever it's called member

nial

It's literally exactly what I said. Ps plus incorporates ps now. The download feature is apart of the streaming service, you can download games that you can stream.

This can take 5 seconds to prove
Sj1JUg6.jpeg

Notice how I can't download it, and I am a ps plus ultimate or whatever it's called member
This has nothing to do with the old PS Now (currently PS Plus Premium) thing, Game Catalog titles are, first of all, for PS Plus Extra. If you're a PS Plus Deluxe (available for countries without game streaming support) user, you should be able to play EVERYTHING included in PS Plus Extra.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

This has nothing to do with the old PS Now (currently PS Plus Premium) thing, Game Catalog titles are, first of all, for PS Plus Extra. If you're a PS Plus Deluxe (available for countries without game streaming support) user, you should be able to play EVERYTHING included in PS Plus Extra.
Lol well then you magically add it to my game account then 🤣 I literally just showed you it's not available.

Aion002

Gold Member
dZCmsk4.jpeg

Not available on Brazil yet, but it's available on US too. I guess psn it's just updating.

I should stop buying games....

My message when clicking the icon while on the PS5 (US and Extra user btw):

"Upgrade to Playstation Plus Premium to stream this game and hundreds more"

Has the Upgrade button where the download button should be.

Haint

Guess Sony's exclusivity contract had a clause that delayed any potential PC or Xbox versions until the game's arrival on PS Plus. If Sony's check didn't literally fund and market the game in whole, SquareEnix are the most retarded mother fuckers on the face of the earth. Who the fuck's going to pay $50 - $80 for a 2 years old game that's "free" on Playstation? They just torpedoed sales on every platform.

Stupid. As. Fuck.

Last edited:
Wow, can't believe that worked. I was very tempted to pick this up for £20 over the weekend but decided to invest more in buying Rebirth instead. I enjoyed what I played of the demo too and thankfully I don't have to play that prologue again.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Guess Sony's exclusivity contract had a clause that delayed any potential PC or Xbox versions until the game's arrival on PS Plus. If Sony's check didn't literally fund and market the game in whole, SquareEnix are the most retarded mother fuckers on the face of the earth. Who the fuck's going to pay $50 - $80 for a 2 years old game that's "free" on Playstation? They just torpedoed sales on every platform.

Stupid. As. Fuck.
I'd be surprised if it doesnt get announced for GP at TGS at this point. Guess we'll see what SQEX's strategy is.

Safe to say the legs haven't been that long.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I still have a working digital copy of World of Final Fantasy, which I got due to a glitch when I bought the physical version—it essentially gave me two versions. I also have a digital copy of Knack 2, which was another glitch that’s still active. Obviously, Final Fantasy XVI is a much bigger title, so it makes sense that any accidental access would be revoked, but how did they mess this up in the first place?

Chronos24

This is kind of annoying to me. Paid full price for the game when it came out and this just kind of makes it feel like you might as well just wait a while and whatever game you wanna play will eventually reach this point. I get it I do and I understand it's been out for like 2 years now, but still. Seems like in today's world to pay for a game is to play it NOW or just be patient and it'll be included as a free game on whatever service eventually.

Edit: I see it was taken down going by latest posts but the opinion is the same. This isn't the first game I've done this with.

Last edited:
Was this meant to be shadow dropped at the State of Play and someone hit the switch too early?

Regardless, I really enjoyed it, flaws and all.

Top Bottom