• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI PC Performance Thread

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
About time we get this party started. Post your PC specs, settings, and what you're getting for framerate.

RTX 4090 + 5800X3D. I'm getting between 60 - 65fps at 4K with DLAA and max settings. some occasional dips below 60. I'm glad they included Reflex and Frame Gen. With those turned on I get around 100fps.

You

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Last edited:
About time we get this party started. Post your PC specs, settings, and what you're getting for framerate.

RTX 4090 + 5800X3D. I'm getting between 60 - 65fps at 4K with DLAA and max settings. some occasional dips below 60. I'm glad they included Reflex and Frame Gen. With those turned on I get around 100fps.
Notice any stuttering?

Kazdane

No stuttering here. Make sure you've updated drivers (if you haven't already). Playing on 1440p max settings and running at 50-60 fps (with a Ryzen 5 5600 and RTX 3070). With framegen (using the DLSS to FSR mods) it's always hovering over 100 fps. So far, so good :D

It came out on PC already?

edit: a demo I see, might try it later.
Yeah, the demo is up on Steam. It's identical to the one they released for PS5 (and without getting into spoilers for anyone coming to the game for the first time, the demo covers the prologue of the game). Oh, and progress from the demo does carry over to the game, just as they did on PS5.

b0uncyfr0

Ill add here as well, just for people wondering, ive played just after the fight with the commander when the town opens up.

7800xt and 5800x3d

- The initial intro scene is pretty bad with stutters (even though the first thing it did was compile shaders ❓) - Not sure whats going on there. I noticed GPU usage was lower than usual and fluctuating alot.
- The other sections of the game seem to run pretty decent - i only got to the commander part and im pushing 70-80 fps.
- VRAM usage seems pretty tamed (even though i have 16gb, i never noticed it going over 8.5GB)
- Didnt notice any stuttering or pop-in!

- Motion Blur and VRS disabled, Sharpness maxed: its still on the blurrier/softer side. Definitely other motion crap enabled somewhere. Its not bad, but noticeble. Works pretty well with FSR3 imo.
- No ultrawide ( tested 21:9 ) support
- Frame rate and upscaling options are quite solid. I think FSR3 works quite well with this game. 35-50% improvement without frame gen on 'quality'. Minimal image quality hit at 1440p

- No aspect ratio settings (for those who dont rely solely on resolution) 🤷‍♂️
- Cutscenes are 30 fps - its jarring going from 100 fps+ in game to 30. Hopefully a mod fixes that/someone uses AI to upscale the videos.
- HDR needs to be toggled in Windows beforehand - Ehh. (Edit, Nope - seems only Fullscreen mode can enable/disable)

- AA is ok at 1440p native. Its noticeable if you focus hard enough but those who add more sharpening, will defintely notice jaggies faster. Upscaling tech made it less noticebale, cause its abit softer.
- Enabling/Disabling FSR 3 frame generation is giving me an error - then hard crashing my PC. It locks up, needing a hard reboot. Not good! Edit (Get around it by enabling the FSR 1 mode first (y))
- I noticed some weird blurriness around characters and assets(rocks) in the distance - and its not VRS either 🤔

It looks good but perf could be abit better. I bet later drivers will help.

AMD users, 24.8.1 is coming soon fyi ;)

Last edited:

Kazdane

Reading some comments on Reddit, maybe the source of stutters is dynamic resolution scaling? I keep that off since I don't mind fps dips (as long as they aren't extreme) and I'd rather preserve visual quality. So that may be why my experience was mostly stutter free (there was just only minor stutter on one of the cutscenes).

Bojji

Reading some comments on Reddit, maybe the source of stutters is dynamic resolution scaling? I keep that off since I don't mind fps dips (as long as they aren't extreme) and I'd rather preserve visual quality. So that may be why my experience was mostly stutter free (there was just only minor stutter on one of the cutscenes).

Maybe it is, in some other games dynamic res could cause that.

FSR3 FG + Reflex (I love combinations like that):

L2YkDoV.jpeg

This is the first PC game I have seen with 40fps lock:

E37VO3l.png
BUycRpL.jpeg

MikeM

Gold Member
Ill add here as well, just for people wondering, ive played just after the fight with the commander when the town opens up.

7800xt and 5800x3d

- The initial intro scene is pretty bad with stutters (even though the first thing it did was compile shaders ❓) - Not sure whats going on there. I noticed GPU usage was lower than usual and fluctuating alot.
- The other sections of the game seem to run pretty decent - i only got to the commander part and im pushing 70-80 fps.
- VRAM usage seems pretty tamed (even though i have 16gb, i never noticed it going over 8.5GB)
- Didnt notice any stuttering or pop-in!

- Motion Blur and VRS disabled, Sharpness maxed: its still on the blurrier/softer side. Definitely other motion crap enabled somewhere. Its not bad, but noticeble. Works pretty well with FSR3 imo.
- No ultrawide ( tested 21:9 ) support
- Frame rate and upscaling options are quite solid. I think FSR3 works quite well with this game. 35-50% improvement without frame gen on 'quality'. Minimal image quality hit at 1440p

- No aspect ratio settings (for those who dont rely solely on resolution) 🤷‍♂️
- Cutscenes are 30 fps - its jarring going from 100 fps+ in game to 30. Hopefully a mod fixes that/someone uses AI to upscale the videos.
- HDR needs to be toggled in Windows beforehand - Ehh. (Edit, Nope - seems only Fullscreen mode can enable/disable)

- AA is ok at 1440p native. Its noticeable if you focus hard enough but those who add more sharpening, will defintely notice jaggies faster. Upscaling tech made it less noticebale, cause its abit softer.
- Enabling/Disabling FSR 3 frame generation is giving me an error - then hard crashing my PC. It locks up, needing a hard reboot. Not good! Edit (Get around it by enabling the FSR 1 mode first (y))
- I noticed some weird blurriness around characters and assets(rocks) in the distance - and its not VRS either 🤔

It looks good but perf could be abit better. I bet later drivers will help.

AMD users, 24.8.1 is coming soon fyi ;)
Good to know. Curious what I get with my 7600x/7900xt PC. Demo is downloading.

b0uncyfr0

Someone will definitely mod in 21:9

I'm sure the folks at flawless widescreen will have a go at it too🤞

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Are the cutscenes rendered in real time? I could see them giving this a patch down the road pulling this all together for 21:9
Majority of the cutscenes are but afew are prerendered videos. Those are bad. That sudden 30 fps drop is super obvious on PC.

It's abit better on TV's though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Those drivers only ad support for:

Black Myth: Wukong
Call of Duty®: Black Ops 6 Open Beta
Concord™
Star Wars Outlaws™
whats a driver exactly? and why do we need updated drivers for each game? are these just optimized settings in the nvidia profile inspector? like the ones we were fucking around with when starfield came out?

Perrott

No additional graphics features beyond what the PS5 version offered? Like RT or greatly improved shadows or AO and such.

Kenpachii

Just finished the demo.

4080 laptop, FG on and DLSS DLAA 1080p, constant ~160 fps.

Game is weird looking tho, sometimes it looks this gen, sometimes it looks last gen. Gameplay is basically just a fighter game with endless cutscenes.

Didn't had stuttering.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Game is weird looking tho, sometimes it looks this gen, sometimes it looks last gen. Gameplay is basically just a fighter game with endless cutscenes.
Game is super schizo. It damn near caused a civil war in the graphics thread. Some people were like this shit is a ps3 game and then others were like this looks straight up cg in realtime cutscenes and big Eukon setpieces. War. I was in both camps because at times this shit looked like shit and other times it looked cg even in some gameplay scenes.

Both screenshots are from the same game.

F02JovTX0AEO7eI

F0P6fJYXsAEqMuw

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
i'm glad we've reached the point where we need VRR on PC to reach the sublime excellence of 1440p. Next gen truly is here

We've needed VRR ever since it was introduced with Gsync. Do you remember what PC gaming was like prior to VRR? Playing around with settings to create some additional overhead so you could attempt to lock your framerate. Truly awful times and wasted performance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
We've needed VRR ever since it was introduced with Gsync. Do you remember what PC gaming was like prior to VRR? Playing around with settings to create some additional overhead so you could attempt to lock your framerate. Truly awful times and wasted performance.
You speak as if this is some sort of revolution... a revolution I haven't been part of because I've played all my PC games on my NON-VRR OLED-monitor. I don't buy PC games with awful tech - and this is one of those examples.

PS5, however, I use my VRR CX and it sure helps.. But that's a console, I'm expecting games to run like shit on it.

nikos

I can't believe there's no fucking native ultrawide support. There's already a work in progress fix available but that's a massive disappointment. I don't understand how these devs are so disconnected from technology.

Anyway, not the place to rant. Going to boot it up with the community fix now.

Kazdane

But 50-60 is literally stuttering

What? The game runs just fine, fps simply fluctuates slightly depending on what's on the scene. Just like... any other game? There are no hiccups, no noticeable slowdowns, nothing. So, I'm sorry but no, I'm not experiencing stuttering.

MikeM

Gold Member
Played a bit. Frame Gen seems broken. Is a tear fest on my setup (7900xt, LG C1).
Do settings do anything? Seems changing them from low to high netted very little additional FPS. Only real FPS change came fron switching upscaling to FSR1.

Top Bottom