• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Esura

Banned
Sully is awesome! You guys just can't handle the Bull.

Kjelle and Severa have the best dialog together too.

Moonlight

Banned
I made the mistake of marrying
Brady and Cynthia, only to later start a support between Cynthia and Gerome
and understand what a terrible mistake I made.

pariah164

Dunno about the absolute best, but in general sentiment, I am right there with you. Cynthia rocks.
THIS, pretty much. She's so damn cute. I wanted to hate her, but I just can't.

I do feel terrible for one pairing though.
Lucina married Yarne.

IN MY DEFENSE the only other male available was
Morgan, and since I played FeMU, they were siblings, so...

Someone compare the DLC Challenge pack to the trial maps in FE12. I tried a few of those and quit out of frustration with my crappy units and the endless reinforcements. In this one at least I get to use my own units instead of lame preset ones.

A milf character.

0M6RILa.jpg

Awakening feels like FEG and FE8 done right. I put it in the middle of my favorites. Definitely the best of the handhelds, but not as good as the best offerings.

The 2 things that bugged me about this game is the ability to grind levels like a regular RPG. I never liked it in FEG and FE8. I thought FE9/10 handled it brilliantly with the bonus EXP thing. Use skills to accomplish bonus tasks and earn bonus EXP as a reward to use in base. Less mindless than grind and not as infuriating as the arena. Of course people bitch about the arena like it was suppose to be some be all end all leveling place. The arena was always designed to be a gamble based on luck. FE:A should have kept the bonus EXP idea. I so wanted that to be a series staple.

I HATE My Unit. I never liked it in FE3 remake and certainly didn't like this character anymore in FE:A. FE7 did it better. The character wasn't intrusive and just sort of played a minor role in the background instead of constantly shoving his face into the story. This isn't even a gameplay thing since My Unit really is just another character, but I don't like controlling this created character. It just feels weird in Fire Emblem. I don't care about AAAAA. This is Chrome's story.

I wish they would go with the fourth-wall-breaking silent avatar like they had in FE7, but make it playable as well. Best of both worlds.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

Lucina married Yarne.

The best non Male Avatar child with the worst?

gpapRb9.jpg

Lucina married Yarne.

Poor Yarne. Why would you subject him to such blandness?

Banjoman

I spent 85 euros on this game. amazon fucked everything up and didn't ship the game in time for the day one. so, obviously, I bought it also on the eshop...

at least my character looks like a trap. <3

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
For real though excited to finally get to play this. My only fire emlbem experience was the first one on the GBA.

Esura

Banned
I want a real ara ara milf not
no time traveling thingy milf

Although, whoever you hook up with Chrom will actually be milfs instead of milfs-to-be since
baby Lucina exists

So you have Sumia, Sully, FemAvatar, Dancer, and random lady as possible milfs.

But how can there be a war when we can all agree that FeMorgan is the greatest of them all?

She's cute but I dunno...

kami_sama

I don't understand how the spotpass works in this game.

It gives you more skirmishes to play, but what team do you use? Can you replay them like the DLC skirmishes? Can I just leave my 3ds online and wait to get them?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I don't understand how the spotpass works in this game.

It gives you more skirmishes to play, but what team do you use? Can you replay them like the DLC skirmishes? Can I just leave my 3ds online and wait to get them?

You should get 1 each day and the full team every Thursday or whenever the eShop updates in Europe if you're from there. Use whatever team you like. You can replay them over and over if you want.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I like her design, but her personality is so generic. If she was a guy, people would not think as highly of her IMO. It's because she's pretty.

Hmmm, I disagree with you. I actually really like her straightforward personality; it just feels natural to me especially considering what she has been through. And it's not like she's beyond silly theatricals too, like in her support with Cynthia or Owain.

Heh, and it's just me though, but as far as I am concerned she is actually the canon female pairing for male Avatar.

bitoriginal

Guys, I'm essentially a Fire Emblem newbie, but I want my experience to be similar to how it would be in previous entries. What's the best difficulty setting to play on, normal classic mode?

CorvoSol

Nah, Sully exists.

At least Sully has a personality. Sumia is a walking oven and that's it. The only girl in the game I like less than her is Nowi. They're down there with Kellam, Gaius, and Henry for the characters I like least in the whole game.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
3D animations during cut scenes look so damn good, the best ever displayed on this 3DS screen. It's a treat :)

I'm new to the series, should I start it at mid difficulty with death mode on? What would you recommend for the best/not too frustrating experience?

Top Bottom