• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

*Ahem* That's why I put DLC infront of my statement lol. I know they do that on hard and above but I didn't expect it to happen on the future of despair (new name sucks) dlc map...without a freaking warning too. Jerks killed alternate Nah ;_;

Future past dlc map.
I thought it was a pretty cute. Days of Future Past, like the X-Men story.

Draxal

*Ahem* That's why I put DLC infront of my statement lol. I know they do that on hard and above but I didn't expect it to happen on the future of despair (new name sucks) dlc map...without a freaking warning too. Jerks killed alternate Nah ;_;

Future past dlc map.

From what I can tell, the challenge pack, future pack, and the strongest name all have the same difficulty shared across all difficulty types; while the others series will have the difficulty of the dlc scale to the difficulty of the difficulty you are playing.

Dat spouse Lucina conversation...
I just knew they were gonna try to twist the knife even more. Don't just assume as if I haven't completed chapter 21 yet! ;_;

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Can anyone tell me for how long is that DLC free in the UK? Contemplating buying the game sooner than later to take advantage of the free DLC. Worth it?

Wilsongt

I need to do more grinding. I popped into the Priam map a few days ago and saw you can bring in 30 people.. I barely have 16 passable folks.

Torraz

Any way to get more bullion per fight? Currently I have to spend 500 currency to get a random battle to pop up on the world map and I have only gotten one single small bullion per fight, until now. I'm pretty sure I am using more charges/items than I am making in profit, per fight.

Leezard

Any way to get more bullion per fight? Currently I have to spend 500 currency to get a random battle to pop up on the world map and I have only gotten one single small bullion per fight, until now. I'm pretty sure I am using more charges/items than I am making in profit, per fight.

Get a Barbarian. They have a skill that makes a % chance to get bullions.

Moonlight

Banned
Get a Leif's Blade or class someone (Donny is a good candidate, due to his Luck growth and good stat cap) into Barbarian for Despoil, which is a skill that allows you to get a small Bullion upon killing an enemy (chance of proccing being entirely dependent on Luck).

m0t0k1

At later chapters you can get Bullion L in treasure chests and M on bosses. But very strange you only get 1 bullion from them. I usually get 2 or 3. So just play and don't forge in the beginning of the game you should be okay. I am almost at the end of the game and i have 10 k in cash and about 100k in bullions. But i must admit i fought about every enemy on the map :lol. Still if money is still a problem at mid game i suggest buying the Gold dlc. You can get like 70k per try on that map if you have a lot of galeforce users.

Well, one small bullion sells for 1000 gold, so you are making some of a profit!

And if you choose a later chapter to use a reeking box and fight something that's not zombies, you'll be getting probably two bullions and some item drop from the boss.

Omzz

I am such a noob...I realised around Chapter 13 that you can raise classes between your team members for stat boosts.

I was on Class C the whole time for everyone...fuck

Draxal

Do we know when the Future Past DLC arrives in Europe?

It'll probably be the very end of the dlc that is release there (right before the strongest one).

I need to do more grinding. I popped into the Priam map a few days ago and saw you can bring in 30 people.. I barely have 16 passable folks.

I beat it with 6; probably could of done either 2 or 1. Bringing more then your normal amount is overkill and will more likely just get your weaker units killed.

McNum

Well Gregor and Panne's C support certainly shows this has potential... She's already talking about his heart...

Also, thinking about what path to take my Morgan to get her skills.

There are three choices, I think:
1. Manakete to 30, Paladin, General, Wyvern Lord, Manakete.
2. Manakete to 15, Cavalier to 10, Paladin, General, Wyvern Lord, Manakete.
3. Manakete to 15, Wyvern Knight, Wyvern Lord, General, Paladin, Manakete.

I'm thinking the second is the best one. Discipline is a good skill to have while training, will get to Silver Lances quicker. Also Cavalier, Paladin, General, and Wyvern Lord can all use lances, so she'll have no issues with spreading weapon proficiencies too thin. Dragon Breath and Lances. Who needs anything more?

massoluk

Banned
Get a Leif's Blade or class someone (Donny is a good candidate, due to his Luck growth and good stat cap) into Barbarian for Despoil, which is a skill that allows you to get a small Bullion upon killing an enemy (chance of proccing being entirely dependent on Luck).

Donny was my money printing machine.

Donny's High Luck + Leif's Blade (LCK% chance of small bullion) + Armsthrift (LCK% weapon doesn't break) + Despoil (LCK% chance of small bullion). And with Armsthrift, you may as well forge the Lief's Blade for maximum win.

Of course, later I just gave in and bought the money cheating DLC.

KePoW

Banned
Does anyone know if Lunatic+ is doable without DLC maps, and without resetting each map like 20 times to get a certain bonus from the sparkling squares?

Does anyone know if Lunatic+ is doable without DLC maps, and without resetting each map like 20 times to get a certain bonus from the sparkling squares?

No idea yet but I've heard that even some of the developers themselves had a difficult time playing Lunatic, let alone Lunatic+.

Waifu Emblem.

L4bXkNg.jpg

TWILT

Banned
Oh what, I can't use Rescue Staff in the Future Past DLC?

Allrriigghtt time for plan B...
I don't really want to save Kjelle, but no one gets behind. >_>

ffdgh

Oh what, I can't use Rescue Staff in the Future Past DLC?

Allrriigghtt time for plan B...
I don't really want to save Kjelle, but no one gets behind. >_>

Plan b for me was to use all the galeforce kids but....I really wanted to read all the conversations.

McNum

I just married a Russian guy to a bunny. Now that's not something you see every day.

Also I think I have found my favorite spot to grind supports and/or weapon levels. The Searoad. With obvious choke points and enemies that can't quite kill a low teen level character, it's pretty good. Especially if you just let a pair wail on the bosses for single digit damage.

Now, are there any must have skills for Panne and Gregor to pass on?

Busaiku

Yarne can't be a Wyvern Rider/Griffon Rider, so Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker.
Other than that, he can be whatever Panne or Gregor can be (minus Bride).

Anteo

And since you can't pass down DLC skills, Bride skills do not matter. So yeahm Sword or Lance breaker

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just got home, and goddamn, future of Despair is awesome.

Tons of little cameos, even though I was sad that F-Morgan couldn't talk to Noire, and our Lucina talk to Cynthia (though I'm sure this is due to the fact that they're not always related)

Time to hit up spa in a bit.

Lurky

Has anyone beaten a streetpass team and afterwards Fredrick tells you that they've left? Because it just happened to me and I'm not sure what's going on.

McNum

Hmm, so that would be Lancebreaker in case of Beastslayer lances. Kind of ... eh. Looks like my Yarne will have access to pretty much all the on-foot melee classes. If I let Panne pass down, say, Lethality it'd be a decent enough start. Or go utility based and give him Locktouch and then Sol from Gregor.

Slermy

Has anyone beaten a streetpass team and afterwards Fredrick tells you that they've left? Because it just happened to me and I'm not sure what's going on.

I think I had it happen once when there was also a Risen encounter in the same space and their leader died.

On a side note, I regret marrying Chrom off to Oliva (IGN guide suggested it). My female MU seemed like a much better fit.

CSX

I think I had it happen once when there was also a Risen encounter in the same space and their leader died.

On a side note, I regret marrying Chrom off to Oliva (IGN guide suggested it). My female MU seemed like a much better fit.

the guide recommended you to do the hardest pairing?

ohlawd

Owain's yukata convo is glorious and funny.

But man, Inigo's convo with the MU. What a downer :/

I'm done for now though. Shiet, I wanted to do the special convos on Future Past 1 but y'know, I got my weakass Kellam killed due to reinforcements.

Draxal

FemMU is the best marriage partner by far for chrom, I'm guessing the guide assumed you were playing a MaleMu.

FeMU and chrom is OTP in my mind. Fits in with the story so well.

I don't know; they throw the bromance between chrom and male mu down your throat; so it's malemu/chrom even the drama cd says so!

Slermy

the guide recommended you to do the hardest pairing?

Yep.

FeMU and chrom is OTP in my mind. Fits in with the story so well.

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. Even the support conversation lends itself to it. Oh well, I guess they'll just be soul mates that never found each other.

Actually, I do have a save just before the marriage, but I don't really want to go back that far.

Top Bottom