• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Chrom

I wonder why Ike is in Anna's little SpotPass message.

This and 4/25's (Est's silhouette even though Death's Embrace came out 4/11) message are the only ones that don't have any rhyme or reason as to why they have those characters on them. I really think it's another goof on their end.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
No Kjelle?

lmao holy shit, shafted even by IntSys.

edit: We're talking about the Future Past DLC, righttt?

In Future 1, Lucina doesn't have conversations with any of the kids, I think. Only the parents do, along with 'your' version of the kid have a sort of monlogue.

Think Kincaido was referring to the Spa.

Also, interesting to note, the 'alternate' kids get the same inheritance of skills that your kids do, based on when you enter the map. Couuld be useful for keeping them alive on harder difficulties.

edit: Beat.

Jintor

Is there any way to dump these spotpass kids from my team? They're clogging up my feed.

Besides getting them killed, of course

ohlawd

In Future 1, Lucina doesn't have conversations with any of the kids, I think. Only the parents do, along with 'your' version of the kid have a sort of monlogue.

Think Kincaido was referring to the Spa.

Also, interesting to note, the 'alternate' kids get the same inheritance of skills that your kids do, based on when you enter the map. Couuld be useful for keeping them alive on harder difficulties.

edit: Beat.

I'll remember to bring that unit too. That's a nice catch with the skills. Doubt I'm going to bother messing with it.

Is there any way to dump these spotpass kids from my team? They're clogging up my feed.

Besides getting them killed, of course

Get them killed.

Busaiku

It's so annoying that I have to keep pressing "B" after I finish those maps.
Gah, I wish there was just a way to automatically deny.

ffdgh

ohh alright got it.

Future Past 1 sucks. Block them stairs, homie, unless you want one of your weaksauce units killed.

lolricken, lolkellam

So much spear vengance and tome abuse through the walls.

I've been wondering, that boss theme for the future past dlc is new right? Can't say I remember hearing that before.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You know... there is something sad about we nearing the last batch of Fire Emblem Awakening's DLCs. I mean, yea, buying the whole set is more expensive than the game itself but... Buying Fire Emblem Awakening's DLCs has become a... what should I call it? Habit? As of late.

Kind of sad to see it gonna end soon.

Jintor

don't worry

soon every nintendo game will have dlc.

then your wallet will never need to rest, laughing banana

never again...

ohlawd

So much spear vengance and tome abuse through the walls.

I've been wondering, that boss theme for the future past dlc is new right? Can't say I remember hearing that before.

I'll get back to you when I finish it later >_>

You know... there is something sad about we nearing the last batch of Fire Emblem Awakening's DLCs. I mean, yea, buying the whole set is more expensive than the game itself but... Buying Fire Emblem Awakening's DLCs has become a... what should I call it? Habit? As of late.

How much have we spent? I haven't felt this good buying DLC since.... ever.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

The end is coming soon ;_;

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
don't worry

soon every nintendo game will have dlc.

then your wallet will never need to rest, laughing banana

never again...

Heh, not gonna sure I am gonna buy DLC other than Fire Emblem stuff. Maybe Zelda if someday they're gonna DLC-fied it... though I doubt it. Not really too hot about Mario stuff myself, barring few exceptions like Galaxies.

How much have we spent? I haven't felt this good buying DLC since.... ever.

Let's see....

Champion's Pack = 6 bucks (actually I bought this individually but let's just say I bought this in a pack),
Lost Bloodline = 6 bucks,
Smash Brethren = 6.5 bucks,
Rogue and Redeemer = 6.5 bucks,
Golden = 6 bucks,
Challenge pack = 6.5 bucks,
Scramble Pack = 6.5 bucks,
Future Past = 6.5 bucks...

6.5 x 5 = 32.5 + 6 x 3 = 18 so 50.5 bucks total.

Let's just say the Strongest One is gonna be 5 bucks, it being the final map and all that, so total is gonna be around 55 bucks.

The end is coming soon ;_;

Is that why you replace your avatar man? She's gonna be sad you know ;_____;

That's a negative, SnQ.

A massive negative. We Western folks probably made 1/10th the revenue the Japanese alone made for Ninty.

But we are no less loyal!

ohlawd

What are you basing that off of?

I'm just assuming two things (obviously no basis)

1) Sales have all but fallen off. I know the PAL release is recent.
2) Most
reasonable
folk aren't buying the DLC at these prices.

Champion's Pack = 6 bucks (actually I bought this individually but let's just say I bought this in a pack),
Lost Bloodline = 6 bucks,
Smash Brethren = 6.5 bucks,
Rogue and Redeemer = 6.5 bucks,
Golden = 6 bucks,
Challenge pack = 6.5 bucks,
Scramble Pack = 6.5 bucks,
Future Past = 6.5 bucks...

6.5 x 5 = 32.5 + 6 x 3 = 18 so 50.5 bucks total.

Let's just say the Strongest One is gonna be 5 bucks, it being the final map and all that, so total is gonna be around 55 bucks.

Including tax, probably around 60 for me if we're going by TSON = 5 bucks

Feels good.

Jintor

Between Revengeance and Awakening I'm going to spend more on DLC than I did on games last year

okay that's a lie, i spent a fucktonne on games last year

but it will be a high amount is what i'm saying

Sorry PAL dudes, don't mean to OT, but I just booted this up after finishing it and got all these new paralogues as well as tons of new DLC to buy.

What DLC is worth getting for fun and narrative?

Kincaido

Id (Hope) is gdlk. Shame the CD version is only 2 min long.

Is that why you replace your avatar man? She's gonna be sad you know ;_____;

My true love was getting upset at me for not having her as an avatar.
It's also to help me cope with the end ;_;

ffdgh

Ok I went to my old normal file with my unmarried units aside from chrom and sumia to see the kid's hair colors in the dlc. Cynthia aside, Noire and Nah have their mom's hair color but kjelle for some reason has black hair lol. I assume that's her *normal* color?

Metroidvania

Sorry PAL dudes, don't mean to OT, but I just booted this up after finishing it and got all these new paralogues as well as tons of new DLC to buy.

What DLC is worth getting for fun and narrative?

Well, narrative-wise, nothing until Future Past is really key. Future Past takes you to an alternative universe and actually gives it a bit of weight.

Some of the more spotpass characters from previous games (which feature an avatar in them) make mention of 'knowing' your character, but there's nothing concrete in it.

The Scramble DLC is the best 'character-focused' DLC as of now. All others are 'good' for either a specific DLC skill or DLC class, a character if you really want them, and the 'gaffe' DLC for essentially free gold, xp, and infinite end-game weapons.

A massive negative. We Western folks probably made 1/10th the revenue the Japanese alone made for Ninty.

We just don't have the same Fire Emblem draw :/

Chrom

Eh, I'll just go ahead and say that I don't think the last DLC will be priced higher than normal. Only seems fair to me for it to be like $3 like the rest of them.

Well, narrative-wise, nothing until Future Past is really key. Future Past takes you to an alternative universe and actually gives it a bit of weight.

Some of the more spotpass characters from previous games (which feature an avatar in them) make mention of 'knowing' your character, but there's nothing concrete in it.

The Scramble DLC is the best 'character-focused' DLC as of now. All others are 'good' for either a specific DLC skill or DLC class, a character if you really want them, and the 'gaffe' DLC for essentially free gold, xp, and infinite end-game weapons.

We just don't have the same Fire Emblem draw :/

Thanks for the impression.

What about the beach and hot springs dlc?

Kincaido

"Just so you know, if I ever get you alone in the bath again, I WILL annihilate you." Hawt.

Metroidvania

That's the aforementioned Scramble pack.

And to clarify, the 'character' focus comes from non-support 'talk' conversations on those specific maps (parents OR kids same-sex friendship/random chats (with potential further implications in several instances) in the first map, parent characters talking with each other in the 2nd, and kid focused in the last.

And yeah, I can't see Katarina's map being anything other than the usual 3 bucks.

CSX

I just realized i paid 7 bucks for support conversations that they needed to make/remove for DLC. Well at least for the conversations between non-support characters.

Kincaido

I like how all of the special conversations for Future of Despair 1 involve the parents I never use aside from Chrom and Sumia. Hopefully someone puts the conversations somewhere because I don't feel like getting them in shape.

TWILT

Banned
D'awww, the LucinaXAvatar (married) convo in the Hot Springs DLC is super sweet. :3

Inigo's convo with the avatar (father and son) is kinda depressing though.

Top Bottom